Program trying to access e-mail addresses message

After running the latest Microsoft updates, we are now
getting a dialog box when replying to e-mails that says,

"A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have
stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is
unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No."

It then offers to allow access for various time
increments.

Is there a way to stop this dialog box from popping up
every time we reply to an e-mail?

Thanks -

Dale Anne Eucker
Bernzott Capital Advisors
0
anonymous (74722)

Either http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2000sp3.htm#problems or
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems may help.
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
anonymous (74722)

IE8 address box steals focus from search box
Hi Running latest IE8 I keep finding that when I start IE8, type an expression in the search box in the top right corner, the address box steals focus So if I type "SQL Server 2008 Client installation", the letters "SQL S" are in the search box and the rest of the letters "erver 2008 Client installation" are now in the address box. This is deeply annoying. Anyone seen this and know how it can be fixed? It only seems to do this at IE8 startup or new tab startup. After that, all words are in the search box and the address box dioes not steal focus....

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Access to SMTP addresses in an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book
I am an Outlook/Exchange user who wants to be able to extract the names (last, first), "company", and SMTP addresses from an Outlook/Exchange offline Address Book. This information will be used to populate a Contacts folder. I want the name/company/SMTP in a contacts folder so it can be sync'd with a Palm, and for access from the company's webmail browser. Ideally if I could get the information extracted to a .csv file I could manipulate it from there. If it helps ...... I can find my way around Outlook, but am not an experienced VBA user. However, I have mid-le...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Excel query from Access databases
Hi, I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo. I'll like to run a query in Excel using Get External Data... whereby I could create a report that brings in data from both the databases. Having tried this in Excel, it seems that I can only use one table at a time, is there a way to overcome the issue. Thanks, Rob Hi Rob- "I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo." Is that accurate or do you mean 2 separate Tables in 1 Access DB file which use CustNo as the common field? AFAIK you can only query one Access...

Corrupt Access 2003 File
I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to go back and redo all that work again. Any help will be appreciated. "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this ...

Will un- & reinstalling Outlook'03 delete email & addresses?
I've been plagued with an Outlook problem for about a month. Settings are right. Test email works fine. All other internet related programs are fine. But Outlook gives me a "send/receive error" message as fast as I can hit "Send/Receive". If I keep it open just to check contacts or calendar it always crashes within 10 to 60 minutes. If I start it in safe mode it seems to work all right. I reinstalled and it worked for 30 minutes and then did the same thing. If I Uninstall first, and then Reinstall, will it help? Will I lose my contacts and emails? Help! Find...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

entering date in access records
hello everyone, I have this following problem. I have a access database with thousands of records. The problem now is I want to enter the same date into all those records, how can I do it in one shot? thanks, -- hanamichi Create a new query using the table that needs to be updated. From the query grid, click QUERY in the menu and select UPDATE QUERY In the query grid, select the date field as the field to update as the first colum and in teh UPDATE TO row in the current column set the update value to Now() Since you're updating all records, no criteria is necessary. Clic...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Global address list #24
I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are still listed in the Global address list. I have created another contact and it is not listed in the Global address list, only in the "all addresses lists >all contacts" how would i clean this up? Hi, try to recreate the GAL with ESM and download the Adress Book via Outlook Send/Receive. In my cases i often had success. best regards Oliver Kieselbach (MCSE) "John" wrote: > I created a few contact in active directory, and then deleted them. they are > still listed in the Global add...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

"Messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running Outlook 02 on Win XP Pro SP2. I think this may have been caused by the DST time zone update utility, but I'm not certain. Here's the situation. If I try to open a calendar item I get the following error: "Can't open this item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." If I try to create a new message or appointment from the quick start toolbar, or clicking a mailto: link on a web page: "The operation failed." If I click the "to" "cc" or "bcc" button while...

What's the name of the file that stores AutoComplete addresses
My Outlook had to be re-installed and I lost my contact list which is very large. I see several files in the recycle bin. Is one of them by contacts? Autocomplete cache is an NK2 file, named for your profile, often outlook.nk2. Paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer; %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the folder where its stored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

Macro warning message
Anyone else had this problem. We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it, and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems. However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem. Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution? Bob ...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

Creating and manging Address Lists
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have 100 users set up in ADUC with their mailbox. I want to create some sort of Distribution lists each with some specific users (let's say 3 differents lists with different users). I want to be able to send mails to these list just by sending an e-mail to mylist1@mycompany.com, and everyone belonging to the list will get a copy of the mail. The Filter trick in the creating process the list is not very convenient (my users are all the same ...

Access chart
I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. For example: In this pie shows the model number of the equipment, but it doesn't show me how many of them I purchased and that's what I need to show in addition to the model number. thanks It isn't clear what the pie chart is charting. You can set the labels to display a number of options. Did you "play" with this property? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "naja" wrote: > I created a chart but I need to show my total on the pie not just my legend. > > For exam...

how do i forward an e-mail?
I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep getting. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=hivalley:HVSBS1 What rights do they have in the public folder? "Gloria" wrote: > I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, > but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep > getting. >...

try catch problem
Yesterday I posted the following, but I didn't supply the code. Here is the problem and the code follows. Thanks in advance for all I use try catch mechanism and notice (in the debugger) that whenever the control arrives to the catch section, I get an access violation (error 0xC0000005)even though it skips this section immediately. I pass compilation without any problems and the program runs fine but crashes every few hours. the relevant code // mfc_concol.cpp : Defines the class behaviors for the application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include "mfc_concol.h" #in...

REPOST Re: Trying to get mailbox lock from process
Has anyone made any headway on this issue? I am currently trying to determine if any informative messages are logged on the server side. --=C ####################### Hi Brent, Is it possible the mailbox is being accessed by another client at the same time? -Michael On 10/21/04 12:38 PM, in article BD9D5E5D.473D%brent@hazmatexplo.org, "Brent DeCracker" <brent@hazmatexplo.org> wrote: >> Michael, >> >> Just to throw my two cents in - I'm having the same problem, and it didn't >> occur until I upgraded to 11.1. I've been using th...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...