Program Error: OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.

I get this continuous program error:
"OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
Windows. you will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created"

I am using:
MS Windows 2000 Pro SP 4
MS Outlook 2000 SR 1
MS ActiveSync 3.71
MS Outlook Pocket Contact Synchronizer 1.2
Plaxo

I have removed Plaxo, as this is the only program that
I've loaded recently that could have caused this program
error, as it must not work well with MS ActiveSync 3.7 or
MS Outlook PCS.

I have tried the knowledge base suggestions of renaming
extend, removing add-ins while in outlook safe mode, and
have tried both the repair and reinstall of outlook, but I
still get this same error.

I am at a loss on what to try next and I am extremely
frustrated.

What steps do I need take do to fix this error?
Will I need to uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync, etc.?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

504 error
message on sending email 504 <moneypit2PC>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified hostname Is that the full extent of the error message? There isn't more? "mechanician" <mechanician@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D9DF7E9-C4F2-405A-A3A8-A67E69AADC0E@microsoft.com... > message on sending email > 504 <moneypit2PC>: Helo command rejected: need fully-qualified > hostname Are you connecting to your isp's smtp server or running your own mail server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Ou...

Outlook Stationery
I would like to create stationery for my Outlook emails. Upon viewing the mundane samples included with Outlook, several questions come to mind. The HTML code is list below for your reference. Why do these samples include the id, "ridTitle" or "ridBody"? The style sheet does not apply any attributes to this ID. A quick Google did not lead me to the answer. Could someone explain if style attributes could be applied to reply text? In other words, when you hit the reply button, Outlook display the quote text with either greater than character or a message header. How do you...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

help on error checking (basic)
im a newbie to this excel programing.. currently..i use the function to sum up cells.. However i need to do error checking...if the sum of A1 and A2 is more than 1..it will not allow A2 to input the number. how to do that? thanks in advance! -- forevercalz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ forevercalz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28931 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486754 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As Str...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

DPM 2010 Setup error
During Installation of DPM setup I get the following error: DPMSetup has stopped working Problem details: Problem Signature Problem Event name: DPMException Problem Signature 01: DPMSetup Problem Signature 02: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 03: SetupDpm.exe Problem Signature 04: 3.0.7336.0 Problem Signature 05: System.UnauthorizedAccessException Problem Signature 06: System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal Problem Signature 07: CC0B98E5 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.272.7 Local ID: 1030 This problem occurs approx 10 seconds afther the DPM setup start...

Sharing Violation error #2
Hi all I have several workbooks available to several users that are NOT shared. We used to have the share function on and found it was too difficult to manage My problem is that with most users, if we try to open a workbook it tells us it's already open. BUT, with one of our network users, it simply opens it up and creates a "sharing violation" error when she tries to save her changes and creates a backup file with a bizarre names (something like CZE104K). I can't figure out what's wrong. The "sharing" option is turned off on the workbook Any suggestions wou...

.NET 3.5 update failed, error #0x8007064C
Windows update downloaded and failed to install updates for .NET 2.0 and .NET 3.5 initially. Found instructions to download cleanup tool, remove both 2.0 and 3.5 and manually reinstall them. The problem with 2.0 went away, but the update installer thinks I still need the update for 3.5 and keeps trying to install it, and failing with the error code: 0x8007064C It's blocking all other updates. Please suggest how to fix it. Hello Steve, Google is your friend. A search for this error code showed this as the first of many entries: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958055/en-u...

Outlook can not display this view. Unknown Error
Morning, I have 2 mailboxes open in outlook 2007 sp2 mine and another users and when i try to search on items in the inbox of the second mailbox i get "Outlook can not display this view. Unknown Error" i am able to search items in the deleted items and sent items only and not the inbox. I have uninstalled office and reinstalled it with only SP1 and it worked, i was able to add the second mailbox and search for items in the inbox. With SP2 i was able to search another users mailboxes with out the error but still not search the other second mailbox. I am still looking in...

Migrating an mfc application from windows 2000 to Windows 2003
Hi, I am developing a tool in C# for the Project "Migrating an mfc application from windows 2000 to Windows 2003" in which if you are giving your application developed in windows 2000 as input then it will scan through the code in your application and find out the functions which are changed (parameter changes or deprecated) for the windows 2003 and list those functions. For that I would like to know the list of mfc function's that have obsolete and also changed in Windows 2003(but present in Windows 2000). Could you please furnish Additional URL's for our reference....

External table is not in the expected format. (Error 3274)
Why does Access 2007 (SP2) keep corrupting my linked Excel 2007 files? I'll be making a query or report based off of the linked file, and out of the blue I get error 3274. One minute the file is fine, and the next it's not. This never happened in previous versions. I am running under Vista for the first time as well. The linked file is local. What service pack are you one? Go to the Office Button, Access Options, Resources. You should be on SP2. Anything less and you might be missing a bug fix. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Ke...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

How to get rid of dual boot re windows 7
Hi I am running Windows Vista and tried Windows 7 so have a dual boot up. I want to now remove windows 7 and keep Vista any ideas please as having a dual boot for Windows 7 which the trial has now ended is a pain. Thanks for any help Sue SUE wrote: > Hi > I am running Windows Vista and tried Windows 7 so have a dual boot up. > I want to now remove windows 7 and keep Vista any ideas please as having > a dual boot for Windows 7 which the trial has now ended is a pain. > > Thanks for any help > > Sue I strongly recommend that you downloa...

Outlook 2003 #357
When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to view the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How do I fix this? I am a newbe. "gonzo44" <gonzo44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA8E685F-EFAE-434F-A25A-CF08CAEAA54C@microsoft.com... > When I recieve an email. I click in email to go to site recommened to > view > the information I get a pop up window that ask "Locate Link Browser" How > do > I fix this? I am a newbe. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821692 -- Bri...

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Cannot use generated dataset of XSD's choice element
I have a XSD schema with a choice root element e.g.: <xs:element name="element1"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:choice /> ... When I use the "generate dataset" option: I get a dataset with not tables within. How can I generate a dataset with table definitions corresponding to the elements inside the choice ? ...

#VALUE error when linking to other files
I have a summary sheet that pulls info from approx 10 other excel files. In one column of the summary sheet, the links perform just fine. Each cell in this column is the sum of an entire column in another workbook. When I open the summary page and choose "yes" to update with new information, everything works properly. However, in the same worksheet as this, I have another column where each cell is the result of a SUMIF where the data comes from another workbook. The odd part that I cannot understand is why when I open the summary sheet and update the information do all the cells...

Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening Email
Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. Reinstallation does not help. poppakarl wrote: > Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). > > Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. > Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. > > Reinstallation does not help. Forums for Microsoft Office 201...

MDAC version error
I installed the year end update with SP3 (GP 9). It went well on the server and 2 client PCs. On the 3rd client PC I get the following error messge and it won't go any further. All PCs are running the same MDAC version (2.8 SP1) and Windows XP SP2. I downloaded a utility from MS to check the MDAC version. Any ideas? ================================================= The computer's MDAC version is not supported. The installation cannot continue. ================================================= I wound up copying the GP file from the server. That seesm to have fixed it enough t...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Outlook Printing cutting off margins of emails.
This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook. Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and cutting off text on the left margin. This only occurs on her local printer, not on any of the networked printers. I have gone through and changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but no results. Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated. Thanks Was IE 7 recently installed? There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook. "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message ne...

Error DBMS
I'm unable to use the inquiries and report screen on certain vendors. The system gives the following errors: The stored procedure createSQLTemp returned the following results: *DBMS*: Any Ideas??? Are you sure it did not say Error DBMS 99999? If so, look up the number in the Dexterity DB GP_SQL Errors table or post the number here -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "NanyG" wrote: > I'm unable to use the inquir...