program accessing email addresses?

When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the SP3
and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that pops
up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL
ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW
THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU
SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in which
I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to
access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of this.
0
ramacam (1)

If you have anti-spam programs or anti-virus programs set to scan Outlook
items, you need to visit the vendors to get an updated program.  SP-3
increased security to Outlook 2003 levels and third party vendors are
releasing updates to reflect the changes in the SP-3 update.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, tank asked:

| When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the SP3
| and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that pops
| up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL
| ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW
| THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU
| SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in which
| I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to
| access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of this.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/3/2004 4:52:22 PM
I have done as suggested and even a few other suggestions=20
that you have made to others (i.e. com-add ins ) and the=20
problem is still there. Thanks.
program.  SP-3=20
>increased security to Outlook 2003 levels and third party=20
vendors are=20
>releasing updates to reflect the changes in the SP-3=20
update.

>--=81
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent=20
to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,=20
tank asked:

>| When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the SP3
>| and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that=20
pops
>| up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL
>| ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO=20
ALLOW
>| THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU
>| SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in=20
which
>| I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to
>| access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of this.=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/4/2004 10:52:29 PM
Unless I'm mistaken - if you look at the Knowledge Base=20
it says that (other than for Exchange Servers) this=20
annoying feature cannot be turned off.

If anyone has any ideas on how to disable it, please=20
advise.

set=20
>to scan Outlook=20
>>items, you need to visit the vendors to get an updated=20
>program.  SP-3=20
>>increased security to Outlook 2003 levels and third=20
party=20
>vendors are=20
>>releasing updates to reflect the changes in the SP-3=20
>update.
>>
>>--=81
>>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20
>intact.  Due to
>>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail=20
sent=20
>to my personal
>>account will be deleted without reading.
>>
>>After searching google.groups.com and finding no=20
answer,=20
>tank asked:
>>
>>| When ever I start outlook 2002 (after installing the=20
SP3
>>| and all updates to current) I keep getting a box that=20
>pops
>>| up and ask me "A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS E-MAIL
>>| ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO=20
>ALLOW
>>| THIS. IF THIS IS UNEXPECTED, IT MAY BE A VIRUS AND YOU
>>| SHOULD CHOOSE NO" Then there is a drop down menu in=20
>which
>>| I have to select 1-2-5-10 minutes for the program to
>>| access or my outlook wont work. I cant get rid of=20
this.=20

>>.
>>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Can't reply, forward, or print some emails in sent folder
In Outlook 2002, I can't reply or forward some emails in the sent folder. The toolbar and file menu stay gray on a large number of emails and I can not select any action. However on emails sent just a minute before, I can reply, forward, or print them. What could be causing this? ...

Communications Between Program and Controlling Program
Hi All, I'm looking for feedback on the best way to code communications between Programs. The architecture we are looking at is similar to Symantec AV or others - a control program sends messages to the worker program on a different machine. The worker program communicates back when complete (with a result), and gets another chunk of work. The messages will be small. What will be communicated is as follows: Control Program: Control Program Start Control Program Stop (Worker queues messages) Control Program sends a piece of work when requested Worker Program: Worker Program Start Worke...

Running another program
Is it possible to run another program from within excel? The software I use at work is very repetitive and requires the same key-sequences entered many times. I got a key logger to help automate this so now I just press one key and the key logger will play back the sequence I recorded. I now want to be able to call the key logger from excel with a parameter to automate things further. Excel has its own macro recorder. Why not use it? "Stephen Miller" <StephenMiller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:669A213C-F604-424D-A640-D90BEEDB83BC@mic...

Outlook 2007 not getting new emails on first start up.
Hi there news group :-) We have a Exchange 2003 setup (SBS) with Outlook setup to use RPC over HTTPS and it works fine, most of the time. But sometimes we have an issue with some users not getting new emails. Outlook apears to be connected to Exchange, but it does not update. It appears to happen only when the user starts outlook first time after login. The solution for the user is to restart outlook, then the new email gets delivered. The problem is both on our XP and Vista clients. Outlook is updated with SP2 We use Panda Antivirus on the clients...

oe removed access to the following....
oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: that is what I see every time I send an attachment. 1 is it just on my end or does the person i am sending the email also recieve this? 2 is there something wrong? 3 how do i get rid of any OE restrictions? ...

How to send email thru alternate POP3 Account.
As most of us do, I have multiple Email accounts, tired of using two clients I decided to migrate to Outlook 2000 and incororate both my accounts. I would like to be able to send mail from the one Outlook client (without having to cycle the client and come up with another profile). Outlook Express allowed for this but doesn't have the robust integration with calenders, reminders, etc... I have tried to use the 'FROM' feature (located on the 'VIEW' drop down menu) but because I am using an Exchange Server for my main (corporate) mail, the 'FROM' user mus...

Cannot Copy/Paste to some programs
I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I cannot copy/paste to a Moonfruit website that I am building. I am in touch with moonfruit and it has them baffled. They are able to copy/paste to my website with no problem. I also find I cannot copy/Paste URLs from Firefox to IE browser. Any ideas? Thanks On 5 June, 15:45, Merryterry <ter...@fsmail.net> wrote: > I am using XP Home Edition and Word 2003 and Firefox browser. > > I find that, even though I can copy/pate between word.docs I ...

Block Exchange to pick up emails
Hello, I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? My configuration : Outbound : Exchange -> Internet SMTP Inbound : Internet SMTP -> pop connector The problem is that Exchange is connecting by smtp to pick up emails in the Internet SMTP (the pop connection is not always used). Thanks for your help On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:27:27 -0800, "Patrick D." <PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to use Exchange only to send (not to receive) emails. It is possible ? >My configuration : >Outbound : Exchang...

From Outlook 2010 to another program
Following a reply from Microsoft ("we know about your problem, we are working on it but currently we don't have a solution") I need to start using a different program until the problem is solved. O.S. is Seven, which is the best way to move all mails/accounts/contacts to something different? I read that Windows Live Mail doesn't import messages so I need to move to something out of Microsoft... -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=- >>>>> http://www.bb2002.it :) <<<<< ............ [ al lavoro ] ......

Unnecessary messages from the outlook program + ...
Hi there... When I've pressed "send and recieve" and waited... there are two messages from the program which I think should not be necessary and could be dispensed with possibly ?? Message 1. says, new mail has arrived would you like to read it now. Message 2. says, it has been moved. we know that the email messages that it's refering to are spam and have duly been put into the norton antispam folder... so why are these messages necessary and how do we configure to get rid of them. when I press "send and recieve" at the beginning I would like to see and read em...

Cannot send emails to Public Folders Internally
It works from internally. There is some post on the KB about this being a known problem and it being addressed in Exchange 2003 SP2, but I had SP2 installed and it still happened. I re-installed it and the same thing? There's also a post SP1 patch, but it's only if you call and as I said, I've install SP2. Any ideas? I get the #5.2.1 message refused. Make sure Anonymous has Contributor role in the folder rights. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "brdowns" <brdowns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

emailing spreadsheet loses date format
When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any suggestions??? Thanks! "sam" <sam2222@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0afe01c34ba6$f87d6e50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I e-mail a spreadsheet with dates, the receipint just > sees a long # instead and has to reformat. Since I have > to send this spreadsheet weekly, this is frustrating. Any > suggestions??? > > Thanks! Try widening the column a little. It could just be that the ...

Hiding member addresses in group
How do I hide the individual members' e-mail addresses when I am sending to the group? Dan O'Brien <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I hide the individual members' e-mail addresses > when I am sending to the group? Put the addresses in the Bcc field. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

OWA access #3
Recently installed MS Exchange 2003. Problem is that I can access OWA from the server where exchange is installed but not from workstation. I have two domain, one is NT and one is 2003. The workstation is member of NT. When I type in \\server\exchange in browser on workstation it give me an error "page cannot be displayed". When I use IP address of the server then login prompt is displayed but after typing in user name and password, i get same error. Ping for the server works fine and DNS seems to be OK. I have gone thru the article on support site to check the rights a...

Preview Word/Excell File on Access Form
I have created a form for previewing files stored on my computer. I have a textbox that contains the entire link (C:\Directory\File.extension) to the files I would like to preview. I was able to add a picture control to the form and added code to make the image (from the text box) appear on the form. I would like to do the same thing with word and excel files. I think I would have to use an unbound OLE object?, but I don't know how to set up the code. I will use a Select Case structure based on Right(textbox, 3). What code do I need to input under the case for "doc...

Public Folder Access #4
To grant public folder access to a group of users in Exch2003, do I need to add each user in client permission? Or I could use the directory permission? Regards, Norman You would set the Client permissions. You can also add groups instead of individual users. In order to grant permissions to a group, the group must be a mail-enabled security group. You can try using a mail-enabled distribution group, but Windows will attempt to automatically convert it to a security group. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:OixBl8L...

name field be added to Customer Addresses and default on new sop o
We have a number of customers who drop-ship orders. They need to properly address these orders with the name of the customer being shipped to. In the distribution industry, drop-ship orders are commonly shipped to the customer's customer. We are unable to save the drop-ship customer's name on the Ship to address in order to properly ship the order to the receiver. The name field is only available in the expansion window in the Sales Customer Detail Entry window, and must be manually entered every time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

access 2003 forms not workin access 2007
I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for input on any field contained in the form. If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I let it run throught the code, it cannot see the fields. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Patrick Patrick Hatton <Patrick Hatton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a routine that uses data from a form. Each time I run it, it asks for >input on any field contained in the form. > >If I open the form then manually run the query it works fine. When I...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

Unable to run any programs
I have a serious problem on my PC and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I re-booted my PC and after it came back up there were no icons in the system tray. When I tried to run any program from my task bar or desktop the system displayed the window which asks which program you would like to use to open the file (even though the files are all exe). I can open Word, Excel, PPT by double clicking on a relevant file(.doc .ppt .xls). however I can't open Outlook by clicking on a .pst file. I also can't run things from the 'run" window (like regedit, ipconfig etc). Als...

Outlook Printing cutting off margins of emails.
This is weird and I've tried everything short of reinstalling outlook. Out of the blue last week, a users outlook started printing too wide and cutting off text on the left margin. This only occurs on her local printer, not on any of the networked printers. I have gone through and changed drivers, and reset defaults and anythign else I can think of but no results. Any Ideas or pointers would be apreciated. Thanks Was IE 7 recently installed? There are issues with IE7 and printing in outlook. "Docwatmo" <nospammy.dwatson@linncountyrec.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening Email
Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. Reinstallation does not help. poppakarl wrote: > Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening the second Email (and all subsequent). > > Only noted on my Thinkpad t61, not on my desktop with similar configuration. > Uninstalled Office 2007 before installing Office 2010 in all cases. > > Reinstallation does not help. Forums for Microsoft Office 201...

newbie needs examples of creating a recordset and inserting data using it in Access 2007?
I have created a Access 2007 database, Test.mdb, created a table called "mytest" and created required fields in it. Now, using VBA(Visual Basic for Applications) I want to insert data into it using a Recordset from a Word document. Can anyone please point me to a proper link where there is an example of how data is inserted using a Recordset into a Access 2007 table? I created one using resources on Web, but it is not correct. Sub TestRecordsetexample Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection Set cnn1 = CurrentProject.Connection Dim myRecordSet As New ADODB.Recordset myReco...

How to back up emails without affecting the originals..?
How do I archive my inbox and all its subfolders WITHOUT affecting the original copies? I seem to remember a few years back when I tried this, it backed up just fine but it deleted all the originals when it did. I'd like to avoid that. Thanks! "Reese" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OcyWSxY6HHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I archive my inbox and all its subfolders WITHOUT affecting the > original copies? I seem to remember a few years back when I tried this, it > backed up just fine but it deleted all the originals when it did. I'd...