Process continues to run after closing Outlook

For the past several months I have been having a problem with Outlook 2002
not closing completely.

After shutting down Outlook there is almost always a process left running in
memory as shown by the task manager.

I first discovered this when I was shutting down WinXP - a warning dialog
would pop-up giving me the opportunity to close Outlook.

If I open Outlook several times, that same number of separate processes are
left running in memory - and at shut down I have to go through that many
dialogs before Windows will actually shut down.

Is this a known problem?

I am running on a Dell Inspiron 8100, 1Ghz, 512 Mb
I am running WinXP Pro with the service packs applied.
I am running Office XP with the service packs applied.
I done a repair of the Office installation.

Large emails hang up Outlook
My webhost recently changed email servers and since that time I've noted that emails larger than roughly 100K seldom get through. I used a packet sniffer to examine the exchange and it appears to be identical to that for smaller emails that work. When the final packet from the server arrives, I (Outlook) ACKs it with the expected sequence and acknowledgement values but it does nothing further. After 5 minutes the server times out. After several (up to 20-30) tries spanning a few hours to a few days, the large email typically gets through and the exchange looks identical except tha...

Is program being run as administrator
I have not been on here for a long time, but I would appreciate it if anyone could advise:- 1. Is it possible to check if a VB6 program is being 'Run as Administrator' alternatively 2. Is it possible to force the program to run with Administrator's rights? If so, how? -- Regards, Mike Simpson Penrith, NSW, Australia Manifest file. It was discussed recently...several times. Look it up, or Google it. -- 2025 If you do not believe in time travel, your beliefs are about to be tempered. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43606237254 "Mike ...

Averaging non-continuous ranges
Hi, I want to average a number of values that don't fall in one block, e.g. A1 A4 A7 etc. The problem being that there are more than 30 of them, and the Average function is limited to 30 individual cells (or ranges) for my version of Excel. Is there any way I can work around this? The cells will have a constant offset from each other, if that helps. -- Regards, Paul Hyett, Cheltenham There are two ways I can think of 1) Create a named range of the non-continuous range. In your formula put =AVERAGE(myNamedRange) and replace with your range 2) Create a User Defined F...

Customizing Outlook Today does not respond.
When clicking on the Customizing Today icon it does not bring up the menu to customize. No error messages or anything it just sits there. I have seen this on two PC's so far and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for fixing the problem. Thanks OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

outlook 2000 help please #2
When start outlook 2000 w/ win xp, outlook stops reponding, program manager shows 2 copies of outlook and CPU is consumed 100%. I already re-installed office 2000 twice and no repair. Need help please!!!!!! See if the following helps you already; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF9E805-0B32-4C0E-AD6D-...

Closing documents in Excell & Word
Dear All I have a following problem. As we all know both application consist two X's at the top of the page. I'm just interested in the highest one. For example if I have 3 different word docs open, a simple closing (click on "X") in word closes a document but the other two are still open/visible. The same procedure in Excell with 3 open tables will close all open tables and shut down the application. Is it possible to arrange in Excell that the highest X closes a single table and not all at once. Thanks in Advance L Excel is different. I don't think what you want ca...

Outlook reminders #7
Hi Does anyone know how to close multiple reminders that annoyingly pop up just when you need to work on something urgent. I try to reset day/time but they seem to revert to every 5 mins. What version of Outlook? Outlook 2002 and 2003 offer a unified reminder window where you can manage your reminders in one window, dismissing, snoozing, etc. en masse or one by one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Afte...

Outlook on 2 computers
I have a laptop that has been my life. It is begining to have issues. I purchased a desktop with Vista 64-bit. I want to transfer ALL that is in my Outlook on the laptop into the Outlook on the desktop. Is there a way to do this? Can someone give me detailed steps on how to accomplish this? All = Calandar, Emails, Contacts Posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http...

How to disable OUTLOOK?
I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed Outlook 2003. I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as the chosen programme. How can I convince it otherwise? Thanks AJ Try going to control panel, internet options, programs, and choose OE as your default mail program. AJ wrote: > I use Outlook Express to handle my email. Recently I have installed > Outlook 2003. > I use MailWasher as a check programme prior to downloading to OE, and > since installing Outlook, it appoints itself as...

merchant processing
On Monday Sept. 19 I switched merchants. I was processing outside the RMS package w/ a Telento machine. On monday I installed a Cherry keyboard, had it programmed for Mercury and began processing credit cards, or so I thought. Even though is seemed like it was processing it was not. Now today Thursday September 22 I downloaded the plug-ins to fully process credit cards and confirmed them too. I had cc masking set up in RMS so I am not able to see past sales. Is there a file somewhere that I can see previous credit card transactions so I could submit it to Mercury. Thank you, -Har...

Configuring Microsoft Outlook for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access Account
I am having trouble configuring my Microsoft Outlook 2003 to incorperate my Microsoft Outlook Web Access account. I am using Office 2003 and have Windows XP. Can anyone help? Thanks, Erik Are you trying to set it up as an HTTP account? Enter the OWA URL and include your mailbox alias: http://owa.domain.com/exchange/ekarre Note that you'll only have access to mail, not the special folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search fo...

Problem while terminating remote process
Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote process Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. Please help how to fix this What PowerShell code do you use when you get the error? - Larry On 5/5/2010 12:06 PM, kotte wrote: > Hi I am getting follwing exeption when i am trying to terminate remote > process > > Method invocation failed because [System.Object[]] doesn't > contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. > > Please help how to fix this ...

Opening Outlook #4
How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? "Deebee" <deebee@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:uLbAFrLrJHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? Tools-Options-Other-Advanced Options -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) I am using outlook 2007 window vista. I can open it there is an error saying Cannot open your default e-mail folder.File access is denied.You do not have the permi...

Batch Processing Slow Down...
Has anyone had an issue where posting batches takes a much longer time than is typical. We post batches and month end, and for the amount of records, it typically takes 6-8 hours. A few months ago it started taking over 30 hours, which is making accounting a bit twitchy. :) Thanks for any input. ...

Outlook Anywhere for Outlook 2007
Has anyone had issues with configuring Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP)? maximus_max wrote: > Has anyone had issues with configuring Outlook Anywhere (RPC over > HTTP)? I'm sure there are people who have had problems. And I'm sure there are people who haven't had problems. If you're having problems, you might want to expand upon them. You also might want to look at posting to the Exchange newsgroups, if perchance your issue seems to be server related (ie, none of the clients are able to connect) vs. a single client having problems, which could be either Outlook ...

outlook 2000 problem #5
in outlook 2000 when i send e-mail to some one it is delivered 4 times. can any one help me out to solve this problem plz. anil <anilraghava@kitgulf.com> wrote: > in outlook 2000 when i send e-mail to some one it is > delivered 4 times. can any one help me out to solve this > problem plz. This can be a symptom of a too-short server timeout value. Try increasing the server timeout on the Advanced tab of your accoutn property pages. -- Brian Tillman ...

Forcing a dialog window to the foreground from another process.
I have googled this topic and most have said this cannot be done because changes are made since Windows 98/2000 to disallow a dialog window from appearing in the foreground if certain conditions are not met. I have an MFC application that handles all the UI aspects (Dialogs/Error Msgbox, etc), my secondary app is an Outlook plugin that communicates with my main app thru COM. From the Outlook plugin, I need to display the dialogs from my main app. The problem is, the dialogs will not be brought to the foreground, they will just blink in the taskbar. I have SetForegroundWindow() calle...

Starting Outlook in the morning causes it to hang and then on restart I have to rebuild my PST file
Hi, I am usuing Outlook 2003 with all the latest patches etc. recently though I have noticed that in the morning when I come into the Office, Outlook appears to start OK, starts downloading messages and then hangs. When I restart Outlook my PST file has to re-build and this takes about 40 minutes. Strangely when I shut down my laptop at the Office and go home, restart my machine and start Outlook, it starts up OK. I can't figure out what the problem is... I have a number of PST files that I use though all ranging from 200K to 7 MB in size.... Any ideas what the problem may be .....

Contact Picture
I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP SP2. When I insert a Contact Picture, I cannot see the picture. Even the pictures I have inserted before does not show their picture. All there is a white space with no border. The contacts without any picture looks normal. I used to be able to view the contact's Picture. I do not what happened. I have tried the Detect and Repair option and this did not help my problem. If you need a screen shot, I will provide on request. -- Jimmy ...

Restore backup tells file was not closed.
I always backup my file when I close the program. It seems to go on fine but recently when I restart Money, it tells me file is corrupted. I cannot even restore the latest backup which tells my password is blank and some xxx.tmp file was not closed. Can some one explain what is causing this. In microsoft.public.money, Hawii Mahal wrote: >I always backup my file when I close the program. >It seems to go on fine but recently when I restart Money, it tells me file >is corrupted. Can you open Sample.mny from the install folder? >I cannot even restore the latest backup which...

Unable to run disc in new mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I just purchased a brand new mac pro and wanted to install office 2008. However, the disc couldn't run and nothing appear on the screen, the disc just bounce back out automatically. I called the company where I purchased the software, they said there is nothing wrong with the disc because they get it directly from Microsoft. Is there any thing I need to install before I run the disc? On 9/25/09 2:31 PM, in article 59b7d4d8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Beanbec@officeformac.com" <Beanbec@officeformac.com> wrote: ...

error when closing outlook
If anyone can help....when I close my outlook, version 2000, I get the following error message: "Outlook caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL" which I can not close. The only way for me to get it off of my screen is to shut down the computer. This has just happened 2 days ago when before that, I had no problem in my outlook. Thanks for any help. Deanna ...

Installing Sales For Outlook on SQL Server do I need MSDE
Hi, from what I've seen in previous postings, it appears that even if I have SQL server on my computer, I still need to install MSDE in order to have Sales for Outlook. My questions are: 1- Is it possible to have Sales for Outlook use my SQL server already in place instead of adding MSDE 2- If not, what role does MSDE play that SQL cannot play, in other words, what is the difference between MSDE and SQl thanks in advance Eric You will still need to have MSDE on your PC... If there is a hack I don't know what it is.... MSDE is SQL server, or at least the SQL Server engine. MS...

Outlook 2007 #46
Many times (not every time) when I open Outlook 2007 it goes directly to "reconfiguration" which takes about 60 or so seconds. It almost always happens after a computer restart and many times just when restarting Outlook. Any ideas how to fix? Is this Outlook/Office 2007 an upgrade? Parallel installation? Have you tried running Office Diagnostics yet? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, M ...

Outlook 2003 #11
I have resently upgraded to outlook 2003 from outlook xp. Now it when I start Outlook it gives me the following Error "a system component, RPC, required by outlook to connect to the email server is not configured properly" I worked with exchange before and now with the new version of outlook I am having no luck. Help ...