Problems with same domain E-mail

Hey guys,

Have a client with Outlook 2003.  She is having problems sending new mail to
anyone else in the office with the same E-mail domain.  {joe@muggs.com can
not send new mail to jane@muggs.com}
But she can reply to same domain E-mail.
Outside domain mail is being delivered.  {joe@muggs.com can send to
jane@unmugged.com}
They are using Bellsouth for their DSL connection and for their webhosting.
Bellsouth just did a major overhaul of their network and did major changes
to the E-mail servers.  Bellsouth though has no idea what is going on.  The
other machines in the building are using Outlook 2000 and they are not
having any problems.  Before the Bellsouth upgrade the 2003 system was also
working.  I have looked in the config for 2003, but nothing stands out.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

0
jacysmom (2)

What sort of problems?  Do the messages get sent but not received, or does
the sender get an error?  If an error, what is the text of the message?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"No Body" <jacysmom@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> Have a client with Outlook 2003.  She is having problems sending new mail
> anyone else in the office with the same E-mail domain.  {joe@muggs.com can
> not send new mail to jane@muggs.com}
> But she can reply to same domain E-mail.
> Outside domain mail is being delivered.  {joe@muggs.com can send to
> jane@unmugged.com}
> They are using Bellsouth for their DSL connection and for their
webhosting.
> Bellsouth just did a major overhaul of their network and did major changes
> to the E-mail servers.  Bellsouth though has no idea what is going on.
The
> other machines in the building are using Outlook 2000 and they are not
> having any problems.  Before the Bellsouth upgrade the 2003 system was
also
> working.  I have looked in the config for 2003, but nothing stands out.
> Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

0
stephenson (1245)
10/8/2004 6:24:41 PM
Message is sent.  Never received.  No error message.
New messages only.
Reply messages are sent and received.  Messages to other domain names are
also sent and received.

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What sort of problems?  Do the messages get sent but not received, or does
> the sender get an error?  If an error, what is the text of the message?
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "No Body" <jacysmom@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Have a client with Outlook 2003.  She is having problems sending new mail
>> anyone else in the office with the same E-mail domain.  {joe@muggs.com
>> can
>> not send new mail to jane@muggs.com}
>> But she can reply to same domain E-mail.
>> Outside domain mail is being delivered.  {joe@muggs.com can send to
>> jane@unmugged.com}
>> They are using Bellsouth for their DSL connection and for their
> webhosting.
>> Bellsouth just did a major overhaul of their network and did major
>> changes
>> to the E-mail servers.  Bellsouth though has no idea what is going on.
> The
>> other machines in the building are using Outlook 2000 and they are not
>> having any problems.  Before the Bellsouth upgrade the 2003 system was
> also
>> working.  I have looked in the config for 2003, but nothing stands out.
>> Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jon

0
jacysmom (2)

Problem shortcuts in Word

having trouble with windows mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'Foreverzetaclassy@live.com'. Subject 'Application Data For Mental Health Worker', Account: 'pop3.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Pr...

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Multiple e-mails #4
How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express Multiple e-mails wrote: || How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services &...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Outlook 2000 + Windows Xp on 2000 domain
I have one user who has WinXP installed on his laptop. He has Outlook 2000 connected to an exchange 5.5. When logging into the network the logon script runs and maps various network drives. However when logging into Outlook he gets the exhcange login box. (Username, Domain, Password.) The exchange setting in his profile is set to NT Password Authentication. The account is not locked on the server. If you enter the same details that were used to log into the laptop Outlook will open and get connected to the exchange server. I cannot find anything on the internet about this problem if an...

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

forward on e-mail address to other domain e-mail address
Hi, i have microsoft exchange 2003. is there a way to set up incoming e- mail from one address to go to one of my domain e-mail address. ex. JOHN.SMITH@aol.com sends a e-mail to anyone on my domain. Can that e-mail be forward to my webmaster e-mail account. so any e-mails that come thought my exchange server from that address be forward to one of my domain accounts. thanks for your help. ...

Can't Delete E-Mails in Outlook 2007
I can't delete one of my e-mails. Has anyone else ever experienced this? No, my emails delete when pressed and delete upon close. Why don't = yours? Any error messages? What type of account? IMAP? =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, chrisma asked: | I can't delete one of my e-mails. Has anyone else ever experienced | this? ...

Problem after sorting