Problems with Outllook 2007 und Outlook 2002 hyperlinks

Hello everybody,

Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between
Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a
hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007 the
hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this message
is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the link isn`t
underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got lost.

Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007?

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

Thank you for every hint!

Arno Lesmeister

0
info5301 (3)

Its probably a setting on the receivers OL2002
Theres no incompatibility in OL sending/receiving msgs

"Arno Lesmeister" <info@itsystems-net.de> wrote in message
> Hello everybody,
>
> Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between
> Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a
> hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007
> the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this
> message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the
> link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got
> lost.
>
> Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007?
>
> Does anybody know a solution for this problem?
>
> Thank you for every hint!
>
> Arno Lesmeister

0
DL
10/21/2008 9:57:21 AM
what settings? in OL 2002...???

"DL" <address@invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Its probably a setting on the receivers OL2002
> Theres no incompatibility in OL sending/receiving msgs
>
> "Arno Lesmeister" <info@itsystems-net.de> wrote in message
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between
>> Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a
>> hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007
>> the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this
>> message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the
>> link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got
>> lost.
>>
>> Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007?
>>
>> Does anybody know a solution for this problem?
>>
>> Thank you for every hint!
>>
>> Arno Lesmeister

0
info5301 (3)
10/21/2008 1:48:18 PM
Maybe mail format, on their system, but might possibly be their security
settings

> what settings? in OL 2002...???
>

> "DL" <address@invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Its probably a setting on the receivers OL2002
>> Theres no incompatibility in OL sending/receiving msgs
>>
>> "Arno Lesmeister" <info@itsystems-net.de> wrote in message
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between
>>> Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a
>>> hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007
>>> the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this
>>> message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the
>>> link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got
>>> lost.
>>>
>>> Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007?
>>>
>>> Does anybody know a solution for this problem?
>>>
>>> Thank you for every hint!
>>>
>>> Arno Lesmeister

0
DL
10/21/2008 2:21:33 PM
how is the link formatted? http://... or file:// ?  Does Outlook 2002 make
links it inserts into plain text mails clickable?

It could be their antivirus scanner removing links.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Arno Lesmeister" <info@itsystems-net.de> wrote in message
> what settings? in OL 2002...???
>

> "DL" <address@invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Its probably a setting on the receivers OL2002
>> Theres no incompatibility in OL sending/receiving msgs
>>
>> "Arno Lesmeister" <info@itsystems-net.de> wrote in message
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> Well, I have a problem that may be caused by an incompatibility between
>>> Outlook 2002 an Outlook 2007. When I try to attach a file as a
>>> hyperlink(Attach menu --- File --- Attach as hyperlink with Outlook 2007
>>> the hyperlink is underlined as ordinary an can be clicked on. When this
>>> message is sent an opend by the receiver with an Outlook 2002 client the
>>> link isn`t underlinded an can`t be clicked on. So the link seems to got
>>> lost.
>>>
>>> Is this a known incompatibility between Outlook 2002 and 2007?
>>>
>>> Does anybody know a solution for this problem?
>>>
>>> Thank you for every hint!
>>>
>>> Arno Lesmeister

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/21/2008 2:44:25 PM
Email format I've tried all the same problem everywhere. The link appears as
a file made available.

0
info5301 (3)
10/22/2008 6:56:48 AM
So you are inserting *.lnk files, not pasting text links?  You should insert
text links because Outlook (and some virus scanners) consider attached link
files potentially dangerous.

(please include the previous comments in your replies so everyone can follow
the thread easier)

--

> Email format I've tried all the same problem everywhere. The link appears
> as a file made available.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Greater Than / Less Than Problem
Don't want to sound silly here, but I am actually having a problem with a formula that will allow me to count only values greater than 0 but less than 11. Is this Possible in 1 unique formula? Heres the situation: Within Column B6:B35, I want a count of any number that is greater than 0 but less than 11. I tried the following but it returns a 0: countif(B6:B35,">0<11") Thanks In Advance for any help here... -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Hey, I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes messages. For example I want to put this information all into one cell "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) message4" I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell. If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall gratefull. Thx in advance, Veroniqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it's really...

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...