problems with e-mail a) junk and b) not removing from server?

Apologies for cross-posting (wasn't sure which of the two was the best forum
to post this to)

I admit, much as I'd like to use Outlook for e-mail, because I use
newsgroups in the past I've always used Outlook Express for all my e-mail
needs. With Office 2003 I finally decided to move across to Outlook (yet
again it doesn't have a built-in news viewer...sigh).

I have two fairly major problems...

a) I've set up rules to move messages from different accounts into separate
folders. These work well, but it seems TOO well. Occasionally Outlook will
tell me that it has spotted a potential Junk Email, and that its moving it
to the Junk folder....except it doesn't. I'm assuming that it starts to move
the e-mail, and THEN my rules kick in and move it straight back. I've
searched the Rules options, but I can't find how to get round this problem.

b) With Outlook Express I user Magic Mailbox Monitor 3 (open source
Sourceforge'd mail scanner, which allows you to delete SPAM from the server,
before downloading it. Now that I'm using Outlook 2003 I probably won't need
it.... BUT... after send/receiving on Outlook, I check MMM3, and the
messages are STILL sitting there on the server. For some reason, Outllok is
downloading the messages and leaving a copy on the server. I don't ask it to
do this, its just doing it... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yours,

Ann-Marie

P.S. When will Microsoft understand that its not just home users who want to
read newsgroups. I want it integrated into Outloook, not just a launcher for
Outlook Express. I'm seriously considering writing an news-viewer add-in for
Outlook if its possible. Maybe someone already has, but I haven't found it
yet. Anyone know if its possible, or if its already been done?

Does the message in question match your rule criteria? I've had the Junk
filter move items before my rules could touch them so I haven't seen what
you're experiencing.

Have you checked your Internet mail account settings to make sure that
you're not leaving mail on the server? Check the advanced tab in the
settings to be sure

"A Ratcliffe" <aratcliffe@archiNOSPAMmagic.net> wrote in message
> Apologies for cross-posting (wasn't sure which of the two was the best
forum
> to post this to)
>
> I admit, much as I'd like to use Outlook for e-mail, because I use
> newsgroups in the past I've always used Outlook Express for all my e-mail
> needs. With Office 2003 I finally decided to move across to Outlook (yet
> again it doesn't have a built-in news viewer...sigh).
>
> I have two fairly major problems...
>
> a) I've set up rules to move messages from different accounts into
separate
> folders. These work well, but it seems TOO well. Occasionally Outlook will
> tell me that it has spotted a potential Junk Email, and that its moving it
> to the Junk folder....except it doesn't. I'm assuming that it starts to
move
> the e-mail, and THEN my rules kick in and move it straight back. I've
> searched the Rules options, but I can't find how to get round this
problem.

> b) With Outlook Express I user Magic Mailbox Monitor 3 (open source
> Sourceforge'd mail scanner, which allows you to delete SPAM from the
server,
> before downloading it. Now that I'm using Outlook 2003 I probably won't
need
> it.... BUT... after send/receiving on Outlook, I check MMM3, and the
> messages are STILL sitting there on the server. For some reason, Outllok
is
> downloading the messages and leaving a copy on the server. I don't ask it
> do this, its just doing it... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,
>
> Yours,
>
> Ann-Marie
>
> P.S. When will Microsoft understand that its not just home users who want
> read newsgroups. I want it integrated into Outloook, not just a launcher
for
> Outlook Express. I'm seriously considering writing an news-viewer add-in
for
> Outlook if its possible. Maybe someone already has, but I haven't found it
> yet. Anyone know if its possible, or if its already been done?

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/24/2003 10:39:33 AM
I am having the same problem.  The multiple folder rules I have setup
seem to pull the "junk" filtered emails out of the junk folder and
sorts it back into where my rules say they need to go.  It looks like
the filter is working, but it gets sorted into one of my many folders
as if my rule is being applied after it is sent to the junk email box.

You can see the junk email folder enumerate with messages but it
leaves as soon as it arrives and sorts into one of the folders.

Hope someone has a solution to this, it's bugging me.

-Brandon
0
techcomv (2)

Outlook 2003 PST problems

having trouble with windows mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'Foreverzetaclassy@live.com'. Subject 'Application Data For Mental Health Worker', Account: 'pop3.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Pr...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Settings for removable media?
At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer before such devices could be removed. Now I want to reverse that choice, but I cannot find it. Yes, I have Googled but so far have not found what I want. Anyone? Perce Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > At some point I chose an option that was supposed to improve performance > for removable media at the expense of (IIRC) having to wait longer > before such devices could be removed. > > Now I want to reverse that choice, bu...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Trying to remove the last Exchange 5.5 server from my site
I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error message: "Extension 'MSFB' could not be loaded". Has anyone seen this? Thanks, Rusty http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450&Product=ech E "Rusty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:367e01c3aa25$d8731b40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I ran the exchange administrator from my 2003 exchange > server and tried to delete the 5.5 server. I get an error > message: "Extension 'MSFB'...

Multiple e-mails #4
How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express Multiple e-mails wrote: || How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services &...

We had a disaster on our Great Plains SQL Server I need help
We are in the process of restoring our MS SQL Server and the 24 Company databases. We could not reinstall to the orginal sql Server instance name, but we could create a new instance and restore to it. But now security does not appear to be working I believe because we didn't restore the master. Is this a problem that we restored to another instance name. Will this casue us a problem with anything in the dynamics database? How can I get my security back without restoring the master database. There is nothing in the GP application or in te Dynamics database that would cause the...

calendar problem

Remove single text characters

Window Mail
Please help me to set up Windows Mail to retrive my gmail account I got lost... This newsgroup is for technical discussion of, and questions and answers about, Microsoft Access database software. More than likely, if you lost your account or password, you'll need to contact gmail directly. If your question deals with how to enter account and password information into Windows Mail, you should seek a newsgroup or online forum that deals with Windows Vista or Windows 2010. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "Jabez" <olena.jabezfurniture@gmail.com> ...

problem #4

help with removing digits from a number
I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four digits from all of them. Is there a quick way to do this? One way: =ROUND(A1,-4) In article <5009F066-F431-4D2B-9F4E-349635B966E9@microsoft.com>, "frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four digits > from all of them. Is there a quick way to do this? Or try: =LEFT(A1,11) note: assumes data is in cell A1 "frank" wrote: > I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four ...

Exchange inter-organization mail communication stopped
Suddenly our one exchange server has stopped receiving mail from one server. Communication is working OK in the opposite direction. In the SMTP log on the receiving server look as followes 04:42:20 192.168.6.6 TIMEOUT - 121 04:42:20 192.168.6.6 QUIT - 240 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 EHLO - 250 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 x-exps - 0 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 x-link2state - 200 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 MAIL - 250 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 RCPT - 250 04:42:45 192.168.6.6 xexch50 - 354 04:53:20 192.168.6.6 TIMEOUT - 121 04:53:20 192.168.6.6 QUIT - 240 Any response welcome. Regards M.T. ...

repetitive mail
hi i'd like to send the same e-mail to the same recipients weekly. is it possible to do this in outlook 2003 thanks andy ...

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Adding a second server to OWA
Im runnning an exchange 2003 enviroment. I recently added a second exchange server to the domain to house email for another division. The share the same smtp domain as use. When I try to access OWA (which is point at server 1) and I login with an acount who's mailstore is on a the second server, I get a generic "Page cannot be displayed". Is there something I need to do to make OWA aware of the second server, or do I need to add a third server who would become a FE server. Thanks That is one of the benefits on a FE server, a single namespace. I would recommend that a...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!