Problems receiving email through a network

I have 2 computers on a network, both running win xp pro.
I have just set the client pc up to send and receive
emails through outlook xp, but it won't work. I can
browse the internet fine on the client pc, and everything
else is working, I just can't log onto the pop & smtp
servers through it.

Reported error is: (0x80042108)

Any ideas would be very much appreciated  :)

Thanks
0
tim_bo (1)

Where do I find my "network password"???
My Microsoft Office 2003 Mail is not performing properly. I continue to be asked for my "network password". Where would one begin to look for the "network password"?? Brand new to this aspect. See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm "stanistheman_200" <stanistheman_200@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:253E0C70-197B-49E7-A2FE-724B3CE2B170@microsoft.com... > My Microsoft Office 2003 Mail is not performing properly. I continue to > be > asked for my "network password"...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

Special local and external email permissions
I posted this already, but I cant find my post.. i dont think it went through im running e2k3 I need to restrict certain people to local email sending and recieving at certain times, and those same people need to have full access to "outside" sending and recieving. Needs change daily. Our company is using outlook for project/task managing and we need people to be able to update their tasks and communicate to each other, yet restrict their outgoing mail at times, while enabling it at others... Ive read this ... ://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html but it seems too...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Counting the number of emails
Hello Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to count the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...... Many thanks Steve "SteveH" <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:761D1DA9-FA02-49FF-B730-C35D71879512@microsoft.com... > Hello > > Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to > count > the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4, > 5...... > > Many thanks > > Steve What's wrong with looking down at the left end of the sta...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Scolling in email, help!
I can't scroll down to see emails. The bar on the right keeps going to the top. I can't scroll it down and stop where I want it to. Thanks Cindy "Cindy Didrick" <cdidrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:O91ez0x1KHA.260@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I can't scroll down to see emails. The bar on the right keeps going to the >top. I can't scroll it down and stop where I want it to. > > Thanks > Cindy Nothing in WM can cause this. Does this behaviour only occur in WM, or in all scrolling applications? Have you checked y...

Won't send/receive emails automatically
I am able to send and receive emails, but only if I click the send/receive button. I have checked the settings and it IS set to send automatically but it doesn't. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I am able to send and receive emails, but only if I click >the send/receive button. I have checked the settings and >it IS set to send automatically but it doesn't. Can >anyone help? >. >We have had that happen when Outlook was working offline. We could if you posted your Outlook version and what settings you checked. Did you set up an automa...

Resource editor problems

Outlook rules and Junk Email filtering
Hello! I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox. I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to the Inbox and stop processing more rules. The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder. So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is there some hidden way to make them stay in the In...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Email a publication
I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Publisher 2007 but I continue to get the message "Publisher cannot complete the operation". Help! -- lindafromva If you've created the publication in publisher, it's best to convert it to a PDF before sending - if the person you're emailing doesn't have Publisher (alot of folks don't), they won't be able to open it. Convert to a PDF using Adobe, then attach it to your email. That should work. "Lindafromva" wrote: > I am trying to email a publication. I have Outlook 2007 and Pu...