Problem with Outlook 2003/Cached mode/Viruses

Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail into their mailbox on
Exchange that's infected with a virus. From that point on Outlook refuses
to download any new mail (including the virus-infected e-mail.)

Sometimes we can delete the e-mail using OWA, sometimes not. If we take
Outlook out of cached mode, all of the e-mail appears, and after deleting
the infected mail and restarting Outlook back in cached mode, all mail
synchs correctly.

They're running Exchange 2000, using Symantec Corporate AV (on the
workstations, server, and the Exchange plug-in.)

Any ideas?

TIA
0
vlad9414 (1)

Looks like to me the problem is with your Symantec configuration. If it is
working properly on the Exchange server, the user should never have received
the virus in the first place. If it was working properly on the desktop, the
attachment should have been removed by the workstation AV program.

If I were you, I would try to find out why the virus wasn't removed at the
server before even being delivered to the user.

"Vladimir Len" <vlad@edotsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Every once in a while a user will get an e-mail into their mailbox on
> Exchange that's infected with a virus. From that point on Outlook refuses
> to download any new mail (including the virus-infected e-mail.)
>
> Sometimes we can delete the e-mail using OWA, sometimes not. If we take
> Outlook out of cached mode, all of the e-mail appears, and after deleting
> the infected mail and restarting Outlook back in cached mode, all mail
> synchs correctly.
>
> They're running Exchange 2000, using Symantec Corporate AV (on the
> workstations, server, and the Exchange plug-in.)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

outlook 2007 runs slow

Outlook 2003

Excel Crash

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...