I compose a msg using Outlook. Word is the editor. I set a word in bold
ot italic. I send msg to myselg, reading in Outlook. The bold or italic
is gone. What to do?
Thanks,
Leo
0
l.kerner (54)

Are you sending the message as text only? If so all formatting will
disappear. If you want to retain your formatting you'll need to send your
messages as HTML. You can check this in your Outlook options.

--

Martin Sketchley  |  www.msketchley.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
(remove EGGBEANSANDSPAM to reply by e-mail)

Search within folder name using VBA
Hello, I have a folder structure in Windows Explorer, every folder has its own customer number. The user should be able to type a substring of a customers number in an Access form and I want search within the folder names and return the folder paths. How can I search within the folder names?? i found many articles about searching files but none of folder names. I'm very happy about every suggestion. Thank you, Walter ...

How to querry data or can I use SQL ?
Hi, I have one two worksheets in Excel one is simple and the second is pivot table, what i want to do is: I want to do something what would be in SQL like: SELECT averange_field_from_pivot_table WHERE field_from_Worksheet1 = field_from_Worksheet2 How can I handle this in excel ? regards Peter screw Excel, use Access grow up "Piotr" <hokah@wp.pl> wrote in message news:cq47bi$sql$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > Hi, > I have one two worksheets in Excel one is simple and the second is pivot > table, what i want to do is: > I want to do something what would be in SQL like...

Microsoft Word 2003
Greetings, For some unknown reason my Microsoft Word 2003 freezes on me when I try to save a document to finally tell me it's not responding. Thanks, Leirum Does this happen with a particular document, only, or with any document? If it's with a particular document, copy its contents to the clipboard, except for the final paragraph mark, and then paste it into a newly created document. To show/hide paragraph marks (�) as well as other nonprinting marks, you can press Ctrl+Shift+8. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Microsoft" <Microsoft @disc...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

Outlook 2003
I have a third party html broadcast editor. I am able to send an html email out to hotmail, yahoo, etc. and the html is shown correctly and display in the body of the email. However, when I send it to myself at work (Outlook 2003), it doesn't show up in the body of the email, it shows up as an attachment (untitled attachment), which i then have to double-click to open and then in that email body, the html is displayed properly... yahoo and hotmail display everything fine but not our internal network... running exch 5.5 btw. any ideas or suggestions? ...

Displaying/Using Unit Accounts in FRx 6.7
I have a client that wants to calculate Revenue/Expenses/Profit by number of employees. We created departmental unit accounts to accumulate the employee count numbers in Dynamics GP 10. Now we are trying to use them in an FRx Column and can't figure out how. FRx Help talks about Non-financial Book Codes but doesn't explain how to set one up. I can put a unit account on a Row, but I ca't figure out how to use that in a calculation. Thanks, Kim. Let's say you have two rows. Row 100 has a revenue account -- 4100 Row 200 has a unit account -- 9800 You would add row 300...

A problem on Click()
Dear all, I have a form "F" on which there is a command button "B" and a textboxe "T". "S" is another string variable defined somewhere else outside the form. I want to have the value of the cell A1 in the sheet where its name is given in S changed to the value of T, what should I write in sub B_Click()? (For example, if "S" contains "Sheet1" while "T" contains "ABC", then I want Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = "ABC".) I don't know how to pass the value in "...

Extracting text from right to left using MID and FIND
First of all I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this post and providing any help possible. I am a novice trying to learn Excel and find it to be "fun". I am trying to extract text from a string for which the character length is never the same. I have found a tutorial on how one may extract a middle name but that has confused me in since it is set up to read from left to right. What I need to do is find a lower case "h" and take all of the text to the left of the "h" up to but not including the first space encouont...

iSCSI or SMB using SBS 2003
Hi, I need some advice. I've got a Thecus N8800Pro Storage Applicance, and a Windows SBS 2003 Server. I want to hold my important business files on the applicance so that it can be accessed by the other users of the network. I tried this by connecting the applicance to the SBS Server via iSCSI, and then sharing the folders. It worked well, but if the server goes down for whatever reason then we lose access to these files. So I tried putting the N8800Pro into SMB mode, and sharing the folders directly from the applicance (bypassing the SBS server). However, now access t...

Money 2000 windows 98 security settings problem
When I try to start money 2000, I get a messages that says "There is a problem with your windows security settings. Money can not open a data file, or create a new file. Let money help you fix this problem." When you click to get the help suggested, you are instructed to find "rsabase.dll" and note it's location, which I did, then go to run and enter "regsvr32c:\windows\system\rsabase.dll" which I did, but I get a response that says "unable to open this internet shortcut, The protocol regsvr32c does not have a registered program. So I am stuck...

wORD 2007 blue ruler bar
In Word 2007 both at work & home the blue adjustment bar on the left hand ruler is gone. There is just a small strip of blue at the top under the Tab where it is impossible to bring up the double headed arrow to grab and bring it down. Has anyone a solution for this? I'd be most grateful as would all the people I have asked about it. I have pretty much exhausted everything I can think of and even Google has no answer. Appreciate anyone's input Sounds like you probably have the Hide white space option activated. Move the mouse cursor to the top of the document w...

apostrophe problem
Following on from an earlier query... I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2000 SR1) that uses concatenation to create a full filepath per row, each row representing a cell in a spreadsheet. The concatenatation formula (in formula bar) is: ="="&A1&B1&C1&D1&E1&F1&G1&I1 This shows ='T:\PROMPT\8010-Astronomy\SDR000Z-PPARC\[SDR8200.xls]Monthly Summary'!$O$13 in the cell. When I copy the cell and paste special/values into the next cell I get this in the formula bar '='T:\PROMPT\8010-Astronomy\SDR000Z-PPARC\[SDR8200.xls]Monthly Summary'!$O$13 I ...

Using exchange POP3 connector
Hello :) I've inherited a a very sick SBS 2003 client of under 10 users that I am looking to upgrade to 2008. In their current config they are using a pop3 host, hosting individual mailboxes and having exchange download the mail to each users account and using the ISP smart host to send. All OWA, RWW activity is used via the the static IP address on the router. They have expressed they wish to stay with this method of having email 'sit' on a host if anything happens to their net or email server so that it can be accessed via the hosts online web access. ...

Synchronization problems
I have some strange problems with a synchronization setup. I've used offline sync before, but never seen anything like this. I'm running Outlook on a desktop that is part of the corporate network and also on a laptop running Windows XP Home, with VPN connected to the corporate network. On the desktop, Outlook gets messages coming into the inbox, but they disappear when the laptop is running Outlook. The laptop shows a full inbox whether in offline or connected mode. Any ideas how to correct this would be most appreciated. Thanks Mike Thanks - but I found and fixed the ...

Word 1.0 Files
Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. What happens if you open the file as "Text Only"? Or if you open it with "Recover Text from Any File"? On 3/3/07 7:34 AM, in article 1172867673.005833.172530@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "redrooffs@gmail.com" <redrooffs@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later > versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. > -- Please rep...

Extracting Distribution list to Word document
Hi there, I'm wanting to extract 10 distribution lists of about 12 emails per list to a word document. What's the easiest way of doing this? Many thanks, Toby Save as an RTF file. Open in Word. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145439922.342576.292630@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > > I'm wanting to extract 10 distribution lists of about 12 emails per > list to a word document. What's the easiest way of doing this? > > Many thanks, > > Toby > Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrot...

Printing on HP Printer from Word of Publisher 2007
We recently installed an HP Officejet 8000 printer and now we can not get any imported .jpeg file to print in a document. We either have to change all of our photos to .png file type or convert the entire document to a .pdf file for it to print the pictures. We do a lot of promotional flyers and newsletters and this is a very inconveinent workaround. Anyone else had this problem and if so what can be done to correct? Is your driver current? http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3762364&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go%2...

printing problems #4
I have a 2 page newsletter that will not print - as if the fileis to big. I have had this problem consitently with publisher but I have solved this problem by saving the pages into different files but this is not working this time. Each page only has around 8 text boxes and one photo per page. I have even tried simplifying the format with no change. HELP A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from sam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have a 2 page newsletter that will not print - as if > the fileis to big. What error messages do...

Worksheet Problem
I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows Other. Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and th relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, dat purchased, etc..). Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row b these categories. I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of ou servers on one sheet. Is there a way to create this sheet so i automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated whe the others are updated? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I th...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-20-03
Hi, I have a database (based in access 97) which is accessed across multi-sites on a 'read only' basis. One site has now upgraded to 2000, however they can no longer access the database. I think the problem is that access 2000 will automatically offer them the opportunity to upgrade the database to access 2000 under normal circumstances, however because the users only have read-only access this creates an error messsage. Does anyone know a work around whereby the access 2000 users can access the db on read- only without me giving them full permissions. Thanks Tom ...

log on to and owa problem
hi, if I go to user properties of a user in active directory and to account -> log on to I have to specify the server where owa is running on too as a computer where user is allowed to log on. otherwise users cannot access owa. is this by design or am I missing a setting? Not a default setting. Sounds like a Group Policy, you might want to review the current policies applied. Without defining the logon to computer, have a user access OWA by the IP address of the Exchange server (http://192.168.1.1/exchange). "USER 1" wrote: > hi, > > if I go to user properties...

How do I link data from another workbook using a different file na
I'm trying to link data from a source workbook to a destination workbook using a different filename. Also the data will be save in several worksheets. I would like to keep a history of the link data for each worksheet. Which is the best way to execute this task. This formula, when placed in a cell in your current workbook, will draw the value from cell A1 of the Workbook1.xls file from the specified directory. ='C:\My Documents\[workbook1.xls]Sheet1'!A1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Victor" <Victor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD384315...

Using VBA, how to write unique solutions only?
Hi everyone, I run an optimizer n times, say 10, and tell the model to write feasible solutions into an excel table as follows: RUN Cost Weight Volume 1 2.3 51.27 20.3 2 3.1 49.2 22.2 3 4.3 37.2 16.7 4 2.3 51.27 20.3 5 6 and so on. I use a piece of VBA code like this: Set ARngSolution = Workbooks(filename). _ Worksheets("ParetoFrontier").Range("SolOBJSens") ARngSolution.Clear Cline = 1 For JobNr = 1 To 10 result = vehicleModel.Rea...

Exchange2k OWA IIS problem
Howdy, I have an Exchange 2000 Server running on a Windows 2000 Server used for QA and Development work. Most of my users use the OWA (Outlook Web Access) interface to get their email / appointments, etc... The was working fine until... our IT group sent us a note stating that we had to remove .printer from "Application Mappings". So, one of the people in the lab went to Default Web Site Properties -> Home Directory tab -> Configuration button -> App Mappings tab They selected the .printer mapping and clicked remove My guess is that they then clicked OK, and Apply, and the...

Problem: Email Body becomes attachment in Text-only email client
We recently noticed CRM emails read via our University's web-based, text-only email client have the message body show up as an "unknown" attachment. This requires the student to open this attachment to read the email. It didn't always work this way, so I am trying to figure out if this is related to the upgrade from version 3 to 4 of CRM, a later rollup, or an "upgrade" to the University's text-only web-based email client? The email is viewable just fine is email client's that support html rendering. Anyone else seen this before? Any ideas on how ...