Problem with attachments - Outlook XP

Suddenly when one of my co-workers sends me a Word doc. my Outlook 2000
blocks it, saying it blocked the potential unsafe .lnk file? What is a .lik
file and what is happening for it to show up this way?
Thx for any info.
Gary

*.LNK is a shortcut to a file.  Double check with your co-worker to make
sure they mean to send you a shortcut.  (Shortcuts can be construed as a
program and might be a worm/virus.)  They may say "oops" and send you the
actual word document and not a shortcut to something.

"algae" <boycefamilynospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Suddenly when one of my co-workers sends me a Word doc. my Outlook 2000
> blocks it, saying it blocked the potential unsafe .lnk file? What is a
> .lik
> file and what is happening for it to show up this way?
> Thx for any info.
> Gary

0
neoheart (690)
9/10/2004 2:56:06 AM
ah...I see. Thanks much.
G.
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> *.LNK is a shortcut to a file.  Double check with your co-worker to make
> sure they mean to send you a shortcut.  (Shortcuts can be construed as a
> program and might be a worm/virus.)  They may say "oops" and send you the
> actual word document and not a shortcut to something.
>
> "algae" <boycefamilynospam@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > Suddenly when one of my co-workers sends me a Word doc. my Outlook 2000
> > blocks it, saying it blocked the potential unsafe .lnk file? What is a
> > .lik
> > file and what is happening for it to show up this way?
> > Thx for any info.
> > Gary

Problem shortcuts in Word

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Any idea on what could cause this on XP?
XP (MCE)on a Dell Dimension C521 with just one user. I cleaned up my personal stuff a bit, sending a few files to the recycle bin. I then went to the recycle bin, looked over the list of files to be deleted and gave the command to empty the bin. I got a noise sort of like a drill running and the message: "Cannot delete Dc1: access is denied", with an [OK?] button. I clicked OK and the machine played the standard flush music for clearing the bin, but when the flush stopped the files still showed in the bin. I repeated the command to empty the bin, this time hiliting ...

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

Problem creating credit card account
When creating a Chase or Amazon.com credit cards I am having this happen to me when it creates the card and I can't figure out how to fix it so there is just one card showing. I attached a jpeg of what I am seeing. It's like it created multiple instances of the card and also show balances of my other cards. I am not sure if it is because these cards are associated with Chase or what. When I had it setup the online service for the card then that is when it creates the other instances. I hope someone can makes sence of this. Thanks! ...

Problems with CRichEditCtrl problems
Hi, I'd like to have some help regarding something I'm having an hard time figuring out. I'm develloping a chat programm where the Output window is a rich edit ctrl (I used CRichEditCtrl in one cases and CreateWindowEx(.."RichEdit"..) in the other one. I use StreamIn to stream in the chat information (since I want to use the rft format). I user \Par to perfrom line skipping, however, for some reason, on the computer of one of my user who's using Windows98, it doesn't not work and instand of seeing the text the way it should be (with the line skipping) the...

OL 2003 registry or installn problem
Outlook 2003 (part of office 2003 suite) opens and forgets password for email accounts. Tried to open tools-email account and I got operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. also can' view Outlook store location, can't open property of folder w/o getting error message tried restart in control panel-mail, can't see any account for any of the profiles. tried restoring form office settings and failed tried repair and no better result what else can I do other than total uninstall / re-install and still keep the app't, tasks, reminders for the m...

CD Autorun problem
Hi! I need one information on Urgent basis. We are producing one CD .It should be autorun and run into W98 laptop. We have written AutoRun.inf accordingly and put into CD already. But the problem is that the by default our laptop's auto run is disabled. By somehow I need solution for enabling the autorun feature in property or registry level. And it will be good enough for me to get the information on windows programming level if there is any windows32 dll or MFC which can do this job for enabling the autorun feature, so that when CD is inserted autorun should work. If anybody can help...

Blocking of unsafe attachments.
Whenever sending or recieving certain files (ex: *.exe or *.reg) Outlook reports, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments". How does one turn this feature off within Outlook SR-1? You have installed the Outlook Security Update. I would suggest that you read about the update on Sue's site. This explains what and why things don't work the same with the patch installed: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm Opening .exe Attachments with the Outlook E-mail Security Update and Outlook 2002 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.ht...