Problem reading reminders #2

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C57290.56614700

I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & =
reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important =
meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message =
whenever I start Outlook:=20

"There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some =
reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this =
appointment"  (there's no indication which the "this appointment" refers =
to)

I have no option but to accept the warning message after which another =
message appears "Microsoft Office Outlook This operation failed"

Outlook continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my =
reminders ever appear (they've all been switched off by the system - =
switching them back on does nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix =
it and, like I said, I rely heavily on the reminders.=20

Does anyone know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that's =
causing the problems?=20

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C57290.56614700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>I use MS=20
Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments &amp; reminders; =
without=20
it I=92m lost and in danger of missing important meetings. For the last =
few weeks=20
I=92ve been getting the following message whenever I start Outlook:=20
<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"=20
/><o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>=93<STRONG>There=20
was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may =
not=20
appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this=20
appointment</STRONG>=94&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN><o:p><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT=20
face=3DArial>(there=92s no indication which the =93this appointment=94 =
refers=20
to)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>I have no=20
option but to accept the warning message after which another message =
appears=20
=93<STRONG>Microsoft Office Outlook This operation=20
failed</STRONG>=94<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Outlook=20
continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my reminders ever =
appear=20
(they=92ve all been switched off by the system =96 switching them back =
on does=20
nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix it and, like I said, I rely =
heavily=20
on the reminders. <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Does anyone=20
know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that=92s causing the =
problems?=20
<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C57290.56614700--

0
jw_2801 (1)

------=_NextPart_000_023D_01C57265.22CCD600

Try starting Outlook from the command line. Type outlook.exe =
/cleanreminders

This will often fix a corrupt reminder.

--=20
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP
Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003

http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza
http://www.cardozasolutions.com

  "JW2801" <jw_2801@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message =
[...]

<HTML xmlns:o =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Try starting Outlook from the command =
line. Type=20
outlook.exe /cleanreminders</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This will often fix a corrupt=20
reminder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Patricia Cardoza<BR>Outlook MVP<BR>Author - Special =
Edition=20
Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003<BR>Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA=20
Programmer's Reference<BR>Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to =
Microsoft=20
OneNote 2003</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza">http://blogs.officezealot.=
com/cardoza</A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.cardozasolutions.com">http://www.cardozasolutions.com<=
/A><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"JW2801" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:jw_2801@yahoo.co.uk">jw_2801@yahoo.co.uk</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OTgse.18194$K5.11873@newsfe4-win.ntli.net">news:OTgse.18194$=
K5.11873@newsfe4-win.ntli.net</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>I use MS=20
  Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments &amp; =
reminders;=20
  without it I=92m lost and in danger of missing important meetings. For =
the last=20
  few weeks I=92ve been getting the following message whenever I start =
Outlook:=20
  <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT=20
  face=3DArial>=93<STRONG>There was a problem reading one or more of =
your reminders.=20
  Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information =
for this=20
  appointment</STRONG>=94&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN><o:p><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT=20
  face=3DArial>(there=92s no indication which the =93this appointment=94 =
refers=20
  to)<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>I have no=20
  option but to accept the warning message after which another message =
appears=20
  =93<STRONG>Microsoft Office Outlook This operation=20
  failed</STRONG>=94<o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Outlook=20
  continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my reminders =
ever appear=20
  (they=92ve all been switched off by the system =96 switching them back =
on does=20
  nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix it and, like I said, I =
rely=20
  heavily on the reminders. <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P>
  <P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><FONT =
face=3DArial>Does anyone=20
  know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that=92s causing the =
problems?=20
  <o:p></o:p></FONT></SPAN></P></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_023D_01C57265.22CCD600--

0
patriciac (522)
6/16/2005 6:18:35 PM
Run a repair on the PST (called scanpst.exe). Also you can use the
cleanreminders switch too.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/commandlineswitches.htm

--
K. Orland
Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form

"JW2801" wrote:

> I use MS Outlook as my email and to manage my work appointments & reminders; without it I'm lost and in danger of missing important meetings. For the last few weeks I've been getting the following message whenever I start Outlook:
>
> "There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment"  (there's no indication which the "this appointment" refers to)
>
> I have no option but to accept the warning message after which another message appears "Microsoft Office Outlook This operation failed"
>
> Outlook continues to work fine as an email editor but none of my reminders ever appear (they've all been switched off by the system - switching them back on does nothing). Our system guys have failed to fix it and, like I said, I rely heavily on the reminders.
>
> Does anyone know any way of tracking down the rogue reminder that's causing the problems?

0
KOrland1 (1012)

How to use CPicturHolder class? #2
Hello, I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. But using that I am not able to show the picture in Picture contrl Plz show simple some code for better understanding...... plz tell me. Klic Klic wrote: > Hello, > > I am fresher for the VC++. I Want to display .jpg, .bmp > etc. images in my Dialog box picture controle. I have created one > object of of CPictureHolder class as dialog class member. > But usin...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Excel copy and paste #2
Excel 2000 1) there are times when I can only paste values and not formulas from one workbook to another even though I am using Edit/Copy and Edit/Paste process. 2) there are times when I cannot copy and paste between workbooks launched from Edit/Copy, Edit/paste, or CTRL C, CTRL V or from shortcut menu. The only way is to use the clipboard which does not copy formulas. we have referred to 209338 and 209284 but the stated solution doesn't always work. ...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Microsoft exchange server #2
I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" and "Mailbox". What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? What do I put in "Mailbox" box? acanduds@hotmail.com Dick <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I reinstalled Microft Office due to hard drive problems. > Now it is asking for "Microsoft Exchange server" > and "Mailbox". > What do I put in "Microsoft Exchange server" box? > What do I put in "Mailbox" box? Were ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

how to read XML with entities using C#
Hi there, I have two xml files, one is a master file and the other is just a fragment of xml. Master xml file uses 'DOCTYPE' to define the other file as an entity. Then, the master uses entity references that are supposed to be expanded into real content at parsing time. Examples are provided below. When I open master xml file in InternetExplorer , IE shows correct content. All the entities are transformed into right xml. So far I have been unsuccessfull in getting similar result when I try to do the same programmatically using C#. I was trying to use XmlDocument and XmlVal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

How to graph 2 stacked colums/date, both over time?
I need to create a stacked column graph which displays two stacked columns, for example the components of actual sales compared to the same components of projected sales over several time periods within the same graph. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks. Is this what you need? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "LTB @ Miami, OK" <LTBMiamiOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F55225F-98E8-4F0E-BF25-31BD42...

Resource editor problems

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting