Problem linking my msn account to gmail

I tried adding my msn account to my gmail account so I could check all
of my email accounts at gmail.  Everytime I try to add it I get a
error message that says "connection timed out".  Does anyone know how
to work around this to make linking this account successful?
0
whb1326 (1)

Wrong group, we're just outlook, not msn or gmail support :)  I didn't think
gmail could access msn accts because they aren't pop3.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

<whb1326@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I tried adding my msn account to my gmail account so I could check all
> of my email accounts at gmail.  Everytime I try to add it I get a
> error message that says "connection timed out".  Does anyone know how
> to work around this to make linking this account successful?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/24/2008 5:06:23 AM
whb1326@gmail.com <whb1326@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried adding my msn account to my gmail account so I could check all
> of my email accounts at gmail.  Everytime I try to add it I get a
> error message that says "connection timed out".  Does anyone know how
> to work around this to make linking this account successful?

You can't add one account to another account.  Please describe exactly what
you did.  Include your Outlook version and what account types you're using
for each account.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Trying to synch w/ my live.com account
I am receiving error message: Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90 after going to this address http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry and putting in the suggestions there. It does not give me an option to choose a (Port... ). Help? -Angie In Windows Mail go to to Tools, Accounts, select that account, = Properties, Advanced. ...

how to transfer an A/R balance from one account to another
We've been operating with one set of A/R accounts. Now our company has 4 profit centres and the-powers-that-be want an A/R report for each profit centre. Fair enough. So we set up Parent-Child accounts. The problem is that there are many accounts in the 'old' A/R with balances. Is there a nice simple way of transferring - or balance forwarding - amounts from the 'old A/R to one or more of the 4 profit centres? I see via "HELP" that I can balance forward for the new accounts, but that still leaves the 'old' A/R accounts with balances that need to b...

How do I stop MSN Messenger from defaulting to Outlook and go to .
How do I stop MSN from using Outlook as my email address and instead use a hotmail or yahoo address as an alternative. It would be preferable to be able to choose between them if possible This is an MSN Messenger question; not Outlook. Anyway; Logoff MSN and login with a different address. Then set it to remember that account. For additional support continue in an MSN Messenger newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "alexsyd" <a...

Troubleshooting "Rules"
Hi, I am trying to cope with spam by creating rules from messages in my Junk folder. I am hilighting the message and then selecting either the "From" option or the "Subject" option. All seems to go well up to that point. However . . . After clicking OK and then selecting "run this rule in this folder now", the only message that is deleted is the one that I am using to create the rule, instead of going through the whole Junk folder, as expected. Another problem that I am having is with the Search funciton. Again in my failaing efforts to cope with over...

PropertyPage and ActiveX problems
Hello, As for now I was able to handle all problems by myslef, but now I don't know what's going on. * I created another property page for my activex control, evrything was fine untill I included a richedit box in my property page. Since then property page object receives WM_DESTROY on the begginig (when you choose it in property window). The problem dissaperars when I remove the rich edit control. What's the problem? I'm not sure but there was something about it in the comments, but I can't remember where (something like "When inserting a CRichEdit control remember t...

outlook email embedded links do not activate
The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any more - no matter how you click on them. Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do not. Thanks eg ...

creating & linking multiple chart
suppose i have data for 500 firms formatted as - column wise company names ; row wise daily share quotes. i can create the graphs one by one for the daily price variations of each stock in the worksheet. my problem is- [1] how to hide the chart in the worksheet ( as the chart created is displayed on the same worksheet). [2] link my charts to the firms name, so that on cliking the name, correspondingly the chart can be displayed (either in a new xl sheet/ word doc/ ppt or in the same workbook in a new sheet). This post ought to get you started. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/07/...

Problem opening .vsd file with included .vss file with Visio viewer
Dear lazyweb, We have a .vsd file that gives the following error when opening it with Internet Explorer / Visio viewer: The Microsoft Office Visio Viewer was not able to complete the operation. Other visio files don't give the error. The file opens in Visio. I can see that the .vsd file also opens two .vss files. I can see that in the Window menu. I googled and found out that .vss are "stencil" files - are these embedded inside a .vsd file?? One of the .vss files is probably a "visio default" file, the other is most certainly created here on site, judging by the filena...

POP3 problem with Exchange 2000 #2
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt s...

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly #2
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outloo XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), th attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the sam result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook X installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment thi morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the sam email 78 tim...

Multiple accounts
I have just installed Money 2003. Does anyone know how to set up multiple member accounts from one bank? My bank puts multiple type of accounts, like checking and credit, under one account number. We can also have multiple account numbers. I cannot figure out how to set this up. I have the account types from one number updating automatically by connecting online. When I try to setup the other account number to do this, there is no where to enter another password. Any help would be appreciated. If I understand your situation correctly, you have multiple accounts at the same ban...

running check links on payables
Hi I'm using Great Plains 7.5 sp6. The bank management module is installed. I'm trying to runcheck links on payables transaction files, and get the following message when I insert any purchasing files (including the POP tables) Please post all applied CBM/EBM payments before running checklinks. All bank management and payables are posted. Can someone please explain what I need to do to be able to run check links? NB I can run check links on any other module's tables. Thanks Graham ...

Problems with SearchInRange() macro
MS Excel 97 SR-2 Having problems with the implementation for SearchInRange(AS13,'\Obsolescence\[obsolete-list.xls]A'!$C1:$C10,1,1) 1) Can't get the search() worksheet function to work in the macro 2) Debugger has quit on me. Point 2 first: I have had an excel crash, tried to change the name of a watch variable by editing it. Since restarting Excel, the VBA debugger does not respect my breakpoints in SearchInRange(). Am loathe to restart the PC - is there a reason for this, and more importantly, a workaround? Point 1: I cannot step over a line of the form result = searc...

Custom user function sheet recalculate problem
Hi All, I have a custom user function called in many cells in my spreadshee much like -=getdata(ref1,ref2)- which works great! Within this functio a call is made to an SQL database to retrieve one piece information an return it to the spreadsheet. Althought it seems really quick for on cell its obviously a major overhead for many cells. Currently 100 cell updates takes about 15 secs which is actually not bad when it happening only once. However we will run large and complicate spreadsheets with perhaps many times more data being refreshe regularly in different ways. What I want to achive ...

Problem Backing Up PST Files
Using the Backup Tool Plug-In, I want to change the destination to a non-C drive in my system (now called "E:\"). When I browse to and try to change the backup folder to the non-C drive location, I get an error message, "C:\Documents and Settings\[USERFILE]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook backup.pst ..." What gives? And C:\Documents and Settings\[USERFILE]\Local Settings\Application\Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook backup.pst Is the entire err msg? And if you simply type the location/file in the File location box? "Joooles_M...

Problem installing Money Plus
I downloaded Money Plus. I've used money for about seven years (2001, 2003 and 2006). When I try to install, it says some components were not install, try reinstalling money. What can I do? In microsoft.public.money, awchap wrote: >I downloaded Money Plus. I've used money for about seven years (2001, 2003 >and 2006). > >When I try to install, it says some components were not install, try >reinstalling money. What can I do? Let's guess you are using XP. I would try creating a new XP user with Administrator privilege. Start->Settings->ControlPanel-&...

Activex problem
Hi all This may have been asked before, although I've searched the last week or so and haven't found it, so if I've missed a similar post I apologise. Windows XP with all SP's, updates etc. applied Office 2003 - Outlook 2003. When I open some emails I get the following message: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: 1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or 2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly" This has only started happeni...

Cursor Problem (WndClass?)
Hi,there! I'm trying to develop a drawing program in which I want have CROSS cursor in the drawing view some time. I learned from MSDN that "If your application must set the cursor while it is in a window, make sure the class cursor for the specified window's class is set to NULL. If the class cursor is not NULL, the system restores the class cursor each time the mouse is moved. " I overlapped the PreCreateWindow() function and the code is like this: BOOL CMiniCADView::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { if(!CView::PreCreateWindow(cs)) return FALSE; WNDCLASS WndC...

Font problem with Outlook 2003, please read.
Basically in a nutshell I want to read all of my e-mail messages in font Verdana size 9. I have it set up so that most of the messages come in with Verdana size 9 but some get through with Arial and various other fonts. How do I accomplish having every single e-mail come through always in Verdana size 9? Thank you so much in advance. You can try setting Outlook to read all your emails in text format (Options | Preferences | Email Options | Read all standard mail....). Once you've done that, you can set your plain text font to verdana 9. Ok that worked but what if I want to ke...

Attachment Blocking Problem
Hi, We want to be able to block certain attachment types for our OWA users, (i.e. exe, bat, cmd etc) as these can harbour viruses. The reason for this, is that between our Exchange Front End Server and the client on the Internet we use an SSL encrypted tunnel (bridged by ISA Server Std 2004) in the middle and we are unable to scan inside the tunnel for viruses. We have implemented the recommended solution, as per knowledgebase article 830827, the Microsoft Exchange 2003 Client Access guide and the technet article at the following URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa9957...

How to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account
Hi Folks, I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to a hotmail or network solutions account. Please advise as to how to do this. Thanks, Dougf On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:52:42 -0800, Dougf <Dougf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Folks, > >I need to forward Exchange mail account to WEB mail account; for example to >a hotmail or network solutions account. > >Please advise as to how to do this. >Thanks, Dougf If you want to have mail delivered to both places: Create a mail enabled AD contact. Go to the delivery options button on ...

Great Plains Project Accounting Recurring Batches
I have a client that despirately needs the functionality of recurring batches in project accounting. Due to heavy Project reporting, forecasting and budgeting requirements they need hardware, software, prepaid expenses to be amortized at the Project level. Does anyone else have this need? Do you have a 'work around' that works well for you? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butt...

Analytical Accounting TRX DATE
When entering analytical info for a General Transaction in 'Analytical General Transaction Entry' window, the TRX DATE always appears as a default 7/12/2007. It should pick the date of the General Transaction or the system date. The user has to update date for each of the 300 dimensions he has to enter, which wastes valuable time. How can i make the TRX DATE to pick the transaction date by default? ...

URGENT: Query by Form, display in subform, link to / generate repo
I have developed a query and a form that will provide the parameters for that query. My challenge is that I want the results of the query to display in a subform below the search text box(es). Then I would like to have 2nd subform that provides links based on the value of one field to determine which reports may be selected. While I'm not new to Access, I'm still very new to VBA and want to know if this is possible. If possible, how to get it to work. This is pretty urgent as I have two different projects that will use this process. Thanks in advance for the help ... B...

Word 2008 Header/Footer Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Weird problem. Headers and footers have been working fine. Now when I open a document with a header or footer already in it, I am unable to edit them. When I double-click on the header or footer, if it is a picture I just get the option to format the picture - but I can't delete it or add a different header or footer. If I use a new document, I can create a header or footer, but as soon as I save it, close it and re-open it, the same thing happens. I am unable to edit the header or footer. It doesn't matter if the header...