Problem getting rid of "on behalf of name" in the from field

I have an unusual problem...  I work for a company that is actually two
companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products so
as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted
by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email
accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com .  When we go to send email (abc.com
being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose xyz@xyz.com
the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of xyz@xyz.com
..  We can not have this because they are two separate companies.  It is OK
for us to use the same contacts, calendars, tasks, and even receive the
different emails under the one personal folder, but when we send mail out to
our vendors and customers we do not need to have it show it's coming from
two different companies.  I have done numerous research online for an answer
to this problem without success. Even our ISP does not know how to resolve
this problem without us having to use Outlook 2000 for one company and
Outlook Express for the other. This is not an option for me everyone wants
to use Outlook 2000 for it has more benefits and features.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem I would GREATLY appreciate the
help.....

Thank you in advance!!

Jeanie

0
tecumotor (1)

I assume that you're using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only mode?  What you
want to do is to set up two different accounts in your profile, one for each
company, then use the "Send Using" button in the message's toolbar to select
the appropriate account from which to send.  The way you're doing it changes
the From field in the message but not the Sender field, which is why you're
getting the "on behalf of".  If you send from different accounts, *both*
From and Sender will be correct.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Jeanie" <tecumotor@tecumotor.com> wrote in message
> I have an unusual problem...  I work for a company that is actually two
> companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products
so
> as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted
> by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email
> accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com .  When we go to send email (abc.com
> being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose
xyz@xyz.com
> the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of
xyz@xyz.com
> .  We can not have this because they are two separate companies.  It is OK
> for us to use the same contacts, calendars, tasks, and even receive the
> different emails under the one personal folder, but when we send mail out
> our vendors and customers we do not need to have it show it's coming from
> two different companies.  I have done numerous research online for an
answer
> to this problem without success. Even our ISP does not know how to resolve
> this problem without us having to use Outlook 2000 for one company and
> Outlook Express for the other. This is not an option for me everyone wants
> to use Outlook 2000 for it has more benefits and features.
>
> If anyone knows a solution to this problem I would GREATLY appreciate the
> help.....
>
> Thank you in advance!!
>
> Jeanie

0
stephenson (1245)
7/18/2003 1:38:49 AM
Hi Jeanie,

I don't know whether this is possible without an Exchange Server.

Are you in an Active Directory environment?

Louise

"Jeanie" <tecumotor@tecumotor.com> wrote in message
> I have an unusual problem...  I work for a company that is actually two
> companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products
so
> as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted
> by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email
> accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com .  When we go to send email (abc.com
> being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose
xyz@xyz.com
> the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of
xyz@xyz.com
> .  We can not have this because they are two separate companies.  It is OK
> for us to use the same contacts, calendars, tasks, and even receive the
> different emails under the one personal folder, but when we send mail out
> our vendors and customers we do not need to have it show it's coming from
> two different companies.  I have done numerous research online for an
answer
> to this problem without success. Even our ISP does not know how to resolve
> this problem without us having to use Outlook 2000 for one company and
> Outlook Express for the other. This is not an option for me everyone wants
> to use Outlook 2000 for it has more benefits and features.
>
> If anyone knows a solution to this problem I would GREATLY appreciate the
> help.....
>
> Thank you in advance!!
>
> Jeanie

0