Previously permitted folders will not delete

Using Outlook 2000, I have found that when User A has been
given permission to access User B's folder(s), then User B
removes the permissions for User A to access the folder(s)
any longer, User A's Outlook setup will still show User
B's folder(s) in their list of accessible folders when in
option File => Open => "folder". Is there a way to delete
the no longer accessible folder from the list?
Thx.

0
anonymous (74722)

Check out
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292024&Product=out

--
PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~
  -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)

"Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2000, I have found that when User A has been
> given permission to access User B's folder(s), then User B
> removes the permissions for User A to access the folder(s)
> any longer, User A's Outlook setup will still show User
> B's folder(s) in their list of accessible folders when in
> option File => Open => "folder". Is there a way to delete
> the no longer accessible folder from the list?
> Thx.

0
patrickareed (498)

archive folders dont work!
Dear Forum-mates, Since a couple of months i cannt put any email (read or unread!) in my archive folders (let say the folders which ive created under the inbox folder). Every time I drag a mail to one of the folders (doesnt matter which one!) I get the next error message: "Cann't replace Item(s). Cannot replace the Item. The item is removed or deleted or the access to the item is denied." I'm using outlook 2000, working in network environment of a company. I've xp prof. as the operating system. anybody any idea??? tnx Sam -- samuele If you have created a folder...

Public Folder (phone journal) Freezes
Hi all, I�searching for quite a while for a problem with some public folders. We have some userers with various outlook versions from 2000 to 2007 with the problem that when they are triying to access public folders that are defined as phone journal with a number of 50K + entries they are getting no respone from outlook and outlook freezes... but... the curious thing about that is that not all users are having trouble and even one user (Terminalserver user) had the problem... only sometimes... The Size of the largest public folder where I have trouble with is 150 MB with 69K objects....

Reminders not working in sub Task folders
Is there a fix or workaround to have reminders function for tasks in sub folders? ...

Office won't follow shortcuts to folders`
I have WinXP pro & Office 2003 with all updates and SP's, on all computers at my house, mom's house, office. I have existing shortcuts to folders. When in Windows Explorer, everything works fine. but when I an using any office app, on any of the computers, and I click on an icon for a shortcut to a folder I get " word experienced an error trying to open the file. try these. *check file permissions.... but if the shortcut is to a file it works. I have tried creating new shortcuts, same error. ...

My CD Rom will not work
I need to get a new CD-RW/DVD Rom drive for my daughters HP Pavillion because it is not reading the cds correctly. Can I just buy an external drive instead of taking it to a computer shop to have an internal put in? This would be alot easier I would think, but I did not know if this would be the compatible thing to do. Please advise me on this. My operating system is Windows XP. In article <E21BE3F0-4DBF-4E96-AB80-DCE39B3066A2@microsoft.com>, "Kemm556" <Kemm556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to get a new CD-RW/DVD Rom drive for my daughters HP Pavill...

Outlook 2003 outgoing messages stuck in inbox folder
I need help with this issue, when I use master.dbo.xp_sendmail 'recepient','hell' it stays in the Inbox folder I can then manually open the email and send manually. I have installed lates service packs for SQL 2000. Your help will highly appreciated thanks ...

Bug: Delete key causes multiple inbox items to be deleted
I have to watch very closely as I delete items from my Outlook inbox using the Delete key because every once in a short while TWO entries get deleted at once. It has happened often enough and consistently enough that I am confident that I have not double-clicked the Delete key or held the Delete key down too long. If anyone else has seen this behavior and has figured out how to avoid it, please post a reply. I am running Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000) on Windows 7. I just now adjusted my keyboard repeat rate. If I do not experience the problem again...

formula and delete sheet
Hi all, I have sumif formula: SUMIF(TST!F10:F20000;D2;TST!G10:G20000) if i delete tst sheet my formula loss its refrences, how can i prevent ref! error and formula returns zero if the sheet deleted Thanks Bijan You have it set to refer to the sheet you are deleting. What do you want it to do??? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4421D49C-E5DC-4C4A-BB91-44AB94F4A5E1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > I have sumif formula: > SUMIF(TST!F10:F2000...

removing duplicate personal folders
hi in my folder list i have 3 copies of personal folders. all identical. i can not remove them by closing as they are the main folder but copies. any suggestions? thanks tim If you can't close them, then you managed to corrupt your profile, probably by migrating data incorrectly. Create a new one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:441c0dba$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > hi in my folder list i have 3 copies of personal folders. all identical. > > i can not remove them by closing as they are the main folder bu...

Run time error '2001' You cancelled the previous operation
Hi, My data entry form was working just fine until I loaded the production data. Now I am getting the above error I cannot figure out why this is happening. The error is happening in the following code: Private Sub cboPlants_AfterUpdate() 'On Error GoTo Err_cboPlants_AfterUpdate Dim strPlants As String Dim strYear As String Dim TheDate As Date Dim strKey As Integer 'Code added If IsNull(cboPlants) Then Exit Sub End If If IsNull(Me!cboSource1) Then MsgBox ("Please select the Source") Me!cboSource1.SetFocus Else TheDate = Now() strPlants = Me!txtP...

Share sub-folder in Inbox
Hi all If I share a root folder (for example, Inbox), how do I share the sub-folder automatically, I follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290824 but even I shared the mailbox and Inbox, the sub-folder in Inbox still not visable in other outlook 2003. is there anyone with the clue? Regards Henry Either you haven't completed the process of granting permissions or the = other user hasn't added the secondary mailbox to the Exchange account = setup or hasn't looked in the Folder List.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook...

Desktop Folder Copy or Same?
Hi, I have a folder on my desktop named Frank. It consists of several subordinate folders and files. If I right click it I do not see properties and it does not have the short cut arrow. This folder contains exactly the same subordinate structure,files and folders as does C:\Users\Owner. In other words, Owner and Frank are identical. Can I delete it without losing C:\Users\Owner ? I have always been confused to see C: subordinate to desktop. The path displayed by Windows Explorer is Desktop > Computer > C: Since everything must be on C:, I would think C: would begin the ...

re:Public folder hangs outlook for some.
More Info It seems only to be a problem for Outlook XP users http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "wreker" <wreker@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:PI2dnZSO6sCjk9beRVn_vQ@giganews.com... > More Info: > > It seems only to be a problem for Outlook XP users. > ...

Slowness deleting columns
I have a few users that when they go to delete a column in a spreadsheet, it typically takes between 15-30 secs. to do so. The hour glass appears and just seems to hang there,,,, then finally it complets the function. This happens with any Excel file. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks A lot of things may be the source of this problem -Your computers configration -Some other programs may be running while you are working with excel - You may have a lot of formulas or formats so the size of the xls file is large ....... Bur�in SARIHAN ...

How can I view the folder size and number of emails per folder in.
How can I view the folder size and number of emails per folder in the Folder List pane? boronewts <boronewts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I view the folder size and number of emails per folder in the > Folder List pane? You can't. You can view the folder sizes by right-clicking on the folder (or the PST name), choosing Properties, and clicking Folder size. You can view the number of items in a folder by enabling the status bar and clicking the folder. -- Brian Tillman ...

Public folder management after SP2 installation
I've just installed Exchange 2003 SP2 and was checking throught the new features. In the Public folders, the option to Manager Public folders is greyed out. Is there a fix for this or another way to start the management wizard??? On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:45:09 -0000, "Graeme C" <graeme.campbell@blythandblyth.co.uk> wrote: >I've just installed Exchange 2003 SP2 and was checking throught the new >features. > >In the Public folders, the option to Manager Public folders is greyed out. >Is there a fix for this or another way to start the management wiz...

User Deleted in AD, can CRM licence be retrived?
Hello all, I've made a mistake and deleted a user in AD before removing their licence in MS CRM. The user has no records associated with their account. I want to retrieve their MS CRM licence but of course I get an error to the effect that. The selected object could not be found in both MS CRM and AD. What is the situation....is there a workaround? Does this mean that every time someone in our organisation makes this mistake in the future our licence number will dwindle? All the best, Michael Mulvihill There is a (rather convoluted) work-around for this issue. If you post your ema...

Public folders #39
I'm preparing for some mailbox moves to another server and i've started the public folder replication process with pfmigrate. Some public folders have replicated fine but i'm noticing some on the source server(ones that we didn't create)titled controls, default, events root, exchangev1, exchweb, img, microsoft, schema schema-root and a few more that didn't replicate. Just wondering what the function of these are and if i should replicate them to the new server. There are some that the new server already has that the source one does - internal, internal references,...

backing up email folders and files
I am not using exchange but I would like to backup my users email folders. Currently we are using outlook and outlookexpress I was just wondering what the best way to do this is. I was thinking of running a script to copy the .dbx or .pst files but that could take a while. Is it possible to do this once a user has logged of say at 12:00am? or any other better way Are the machines left on at night for this? You can create a scheduled task then with the script below. The script even checks whether or not Outlook is closed and if not closes it; http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/Backup%...

Public Folder PErmission #2
HI I have given some users psermission to view a particular folder doen the tree but not the parten folders. They cannot view it, is that becasue they have not been given permission to the parent folders ? Any suggestion? Zak On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 06:56:07 -0700, Zak <Zak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >HI > >I have given some users psermission to view a particular folder doen the >tree but not the parten folders. They cannot view it, is that becasue they >have not been given permission to the parent folders ? > >Any suggestion? > >Zak They need to...

deleting units of measure #2
Hello: I know that you can delete unit of measure schedules if the schedule is not on an item or an item class. Someone told me, though, that if you delete units of measure Great Plains will become unstable? I'm not sure what he meant by this. Is this true? childofthe1980s ...

Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder
Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder view? When I start Outlook 2003 they are not there. But they appear there in the course of using the program, and cannot be removed except by restarting the computer. DickSF wrote: > Why do "Calendar" and "Contacts" appear in my Outlook Mail folder view? When > I start Outlook 2003 they are not there. But they appear there in the course > of using the program, and cannot be removed except by restarting the > computer. My guess is that you are switching...

deleting duplicate bill
Hello, I am running Windows 98 with MS money 2001. One of my bills is for cable television. I upgraded my service so the amount went up. I have two bills now one coming up for the old amount and one for the new correct amount. How do I delete the one bill that I will not be paying now that shows as a bill coming up? Any help would be appreciated. TIA Kaja ...

delete attachment from multiple messages?
hello..... I'm using outlook-2002, my question is, how to delete attachments from multiple messages to reduce the size of my mails without loosing text. idividually i can open mail and can remove the attachments but is there any way to delete attachments with one command or click, and next q is, can i delete attachment containing specific file extention. your kind assistance is required......... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ hello.... no one ha...

Remove Non-existing Outlook Folder
I have an Archive folder in my folder list that no longer exists. When I try to delete it from the Outlook folder the delete option is not enabled. Any suggestions. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to th...