previewing windows files in Outlook

Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows
documents using Outlook?  I have placed shortcuts to
various windows folders on my Outlook bar.  When I open
the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or
preview pane feature.  I would like to view these files
in Outlook without having to open each file.  I use
Outlook 2000.
0
anonymous (74717)

Peter Henderson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to preview or auto preview Windows
> documents using Outlook?  I have placed shortcuts to
> various windows folders on my Outlook bar.  When I open
> the folders in Outlook, there is no AutoPreview or
> preview pane feature.  I would like to view these files
> in Outlook without having to open each file.  I use
> Outlook 2000.

Outlook is not a file management tool.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim #2
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. you can only add one at a time. BTW - blocking senders is a poor way to manage spam, especially since there is a limit of about 2000 addresses on the blocked and safe lists combined. -- Diane...

XL print preview should show grayscale if chosen on color printer
Why doesn't Excel display in print preview the setting chosen for a particular printer? When I choose grayscale on my color printer, shouldn't the print preview show in grayscale? The print comes out in grayscale, which doesn't match the print preview. I though print preview was supposed to show you what your print will look like. This really shouldn't be that hard. If you send to a printer that is black and white, it shows the print preview in grayscale. Why not just use this routine (grayscale dither) for color printers when the they are set to grayscale? ------...

Is there a discussion group for Windows 7?
-- meyersroman Official Windows 7 Forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Hi, meyersroman. Sadly, no. Microsoft is moving all free support efforts to Forums. So they never created a newsgroup for Win7. "Discussion groups" really are Usenet newsgroups "in disguise" so that they can be accessed from the web by using a browser (such as Internet Explorer). They still exist, but Microsoft has announced plans to close all of them, starting next week (June 1). The announcements have appeared in these groups several t...

Save Chart as EMF File for Import into Word
Hello, I've successfully been exporting a series of dynamically generated charts from Excel to GIF (I'm programming in VSTO) using code like: Me.Application.ActiveChart.Export("C:\mygraph.gif","GIF") I now need to export these same charts to EMF or WMF so that they can be imported into Word and printed in high quality documents. I've been trying the following, but with no luck: Me.Application.ActiveChart.CopyPicture(Excel.XlPictureAppearance.xlScreen, Excel.XlCopyPictureFormat.xlPicture, Excel.XlPictureAppearance.xlScreen) Dim d As ...

Preview...
Hi New to OL2003. Just installed it and trying to conf setting. I've noticed I have to go into all folder to turn off the preview pane, ie do into indox, delete, sent etc.... Is there a way I can set the Preview to off as default across all user? Thanks. Just curious; why do you want to disable the Reading Pane? Note that the Reading Pane is safe to use as it is doesn't allow any code executio. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailb...

reminders hiding under other windows
using ol03. reminders don't appear on top where i can see them. after closing other windows it is there, at the bottom. not useful that way. i can't find a setting to tell reminders to pop up on top of other windows. is there any way to do this? ...

Windows Mail
How do you set up a new Windows Mail account? "John Seibert" <John Seibert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B78DCF20-3E05-4F48-9942-3C1A56EA85DC@microsoft.com... > How do you set up a new Windows Mail account? Tools Menu>Accounts>Add>email account>fill out the set-up wizard form. If you need any more assistance, then you need to provide us with some detail about the account, such as the mail provider, your ISP etc. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ RTFM? => http://windows.micr...

Outlook 2007 how to make standard lay-out
L.s, Is this a "new user" or "general" question? I want to create a standard e-mail lay-out with a company logo en "disclaimer text" what is the best way? place the text in normalemail.dotm, or in mail.oft??? I tested it on a .oft file and it is possible to place standard text. I think it must be possible in mail.oft and normalemail.dotm. But I can't think of pro's and contra's for the solution's. And I hate to stumble one way when the other way is much easier (maybe I'm too lazy) I also want to make a extra .dotm file with macro'...

Missing or broken reference to the file "VIDTC3.OCX"
I have an Access 97 project which I want to convert to Access 2003. When I open the database in Acceess 2003 I get an error message "project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "VIDTC3.OCX" version 1.0" Any ideas of how tho fix this problem ? Thanks, Aviran -- http://www.aviransplace.com Hi, Gert VIDTC3.OCX from any other computer which is not producing this error or download it from internet, copy VIDTC3.OCX file into system32 folder and register it in system registry using regsvr32. i tried this in win xp and my project is working fine now. Thanks...

Outlook client freezing MSCRM 4.0
We have implemented MSCRM 4.0 and have installe the Outlook client. Several of our users experience crashing and freezing when using Outlook. The comon factors seems to be: Outlook 2007 Multiple mailboxes in the profile. Unfortunately this is likely to stop the adoption of this product. Does anyone have access to fixes/work rounds for this issue? check the size of inbox and try to keep less item in inbox . Do it with one user and see the result. right click on the inbox and then properties and then check the total number of items. when u are done then click on Folder size .It show you ...

outlook for windows 95
I have an older computer and have lost my outlook for windows 95. I have express but would like to reinstall outlook for windows 95 and can't find a download site. Anyone who knows where I can do this? Please advise. Outlook is not a free program. It's part of the Office suite and you would need to purchase either Office or just the Outlook product to use it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0dc601c3ade7$844d1280$a301280a@phx.gbl, r...

File numbers
I have about 10,000 files that need to be numbered 1 after the other. The sequence is MCV-337F MCV-338F etc, where only the number changes, not the letters. If it were just numbers I could use the =sum(A1+1) but it does not work with the letters. Is there a way to do this? Bill In Cell A1 (for example), put "MCV-" In A2: "F" In B1: "=$A$1&ROW()&$A$2" Fill down 999 rows Of course you could use "=MCV-"&ROW()&"F", but this is easier if you want to change the text part. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Windows stuck at 125%
When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back to 100%. Thanks for any ideas. Bob Use CTRL and the + and - keys. -- -- "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:AC17E05F-9910-44BD-8267-9E61E8C33AF8@microsoft.com... > When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen > size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back > to 100%. > > Thanks for any idea...

How do i recover a file ive deleted by mistake?
I deleted it instead of opening it and its not in the recycle bin. Hi, In order of a likely sucessful result 1. Use your backup. 2. Use your IT departments backup 3. Did you mail it to someone, check your sent items. You are going to have a very bad day indeed and It will probably not make you feel much better at the moment but in future remember to always back up your work. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "OSullivan" wrot...

Remove msgs from Windows Live Mail, but keep them in Windows Hotma
Hi there, I have been using the Windows Live Mail (WLM) application to consolidate my Hotmail and Gmail email account (along with some other POP3 accounts) because sometimes I need to access many attachments from them. It seems that the protocol (DeltaSync ?) is synced between WLM and Hotmail though, meaning that if I delete msgs from either one, it also deletes from the other eventually. The problem now is that my email is really piling up and using up too much space on my computer. I want to remove (delete) them from my laptop, using Windows Live Mail, but I don't w...

"Windows Low On Memory" Error
Attempting to open/convert Publisher 2000 files with Publisher 2003. Attempted on machines running XP SP1 (PIII 500Mhz/384Mb ram, McAfee 7.0) and XP SP2 (McAfee 8.0, AMD 64 3.0Ghz/2Gb RAM). Found many links referencing scripting and interference with Norton antivirus. Verified McAfee Virus settings do not prevent scripting. Found many links referencing fragmentation of the pagefile or not a large enough pagefile (3x Publisher file size minimum). Both machines recently defragged and the AMD machine has a 3 Gb (with a max set to 4gb) pagefile. Possible XP SP2 issue, so I attempted on a b...

MS Money and Windows XP
Does anybody know if MS Money comes with WinXP like it did with WinME? Thanks, --Jim www.NewEnglandMoves.com/Jim.Lamson.home Nope. "Spike9458" <bmcsretired@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e5pnYGj8DHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know if MS Money comes with WinXP like it did with WinME? In microsoft.public.money, Spike9458 wrote: >Does anybody know if MS Money comes with WinXP like it did with WinME? Hmmm. Yes. Somebody does know. Money does not come with XP on the OS disk. Windows Standard often comes with computers that are pre-loade...

Scrambled word doc. in outlook
When I open an attachment of a word doc from outlook 2003 the file is scrambled on the screen. I have to save it to the hard disc and then open it in word to view it. Any help would be appreciated. Bob ...

File Attachments
Hi, I have a user that needs to be able to send a file attachment with the extension .m1. How can I tell E2k3 to allow .m1 attachments to be sent? Right now he can't send this email with this attachment ext. type. Thanks, Pete >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I have a user that needs to be able to send a file >attachment with the extension .m1. How can I tell E2k3 to >allow .m1 attachments to be sent? Right now he can't >send this email with this attachment ext. type. > >Thanks, > >Pete >. One solution: http://www.slipstick.com/...

Stopping Windows Update auto reboot
Time and again, I've lost work because I've been pulled away from my computer and windows update decided it was more important to reboot my computer right then than it was to let me save me work. Is there anyway of preventing the auto reboot short of turning off windows update? Terry wrote: > Time and again, I've lost work because I've been pulled away from > my computer and windows update decided it was more important to > reboot my computer right then than it was to let me save me work. > Is there anyway of preventing the auto reboot short of turning o...

Outlook Doesn't Close #2
I am running Oulook 2000 on my laptop, which is configured to send manually so I can create e-mails offline and send when I am connected. The problem I am having is that Outlook doesn't close when I exit the program if I have mail in my outbox. As I have several profiles this means that when I try to reopen Outlook it always comes back to the profile with the message waiting to be sent, so I can't switch to the others without re- booting. I have tried unchecking all of the "ad-ins" with no result. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? ...

Importing Address File
Is there any utility to import/export addresses, account info, etc. from Excel to Money 2002?. I can convert Excel files Amount, Payee, Date Check Number to a QIF format and then import to Money, but I can't convert and import to the address table. ...

Importing PST Backup File
I am trying to import my data from a previously exported to a pst file, and i keep getting the same error "Error copying file or folder - cannot copy data error (cyclic redundancy check)" Please HELP - i've got a lot of data that i b/u and now can't access. I'm running XP. Thank you. It seems very much like you have a harddrive error, nothing to do with Outlook........ >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my data from a previously exported >to a pst file, and i keep getting the same error "Error >copying file or folder - cannot ...

Unable to compact folders in Outlook 6
I have trouble compacting folders in Outlook 6 (6.00.2800.1123). I get the following error message: The folder, 'XXXX' could not be cleaned up. There is not enough disk space. (File XXXX.dbx, Error: 0x800C013C) This happens intermittently, but once a folder hits this error, it always happens with that folder. I have many gigabytes of disk space. It is ludicrous that I would not have enough. What's the problem? A search of the Internet reveals only one other person this seems to be happening to. ...

Importing tab delimited file into excel
I am importing a tab delimited file into excel. I need to create a spreadsheet automatically without intervension or formating fields in spreadsheet. My problems are: 1) I have a field 007 - when importing it defaults to 7 instead of 007. 2) I have an amount 55.50 - imports as 55.5 or 76.00 imports as 76 I need the 2 decimal points to display 3) I have a number which imports as 1.2E+08, I need this to automatically be a valued number. This spreadsheet will automatically be send to another application for importing into their system without manually intervension. Any suggestio...