Preview pane view

Hello,

Some time ago I opened a thread regarding a problem I had with accented
letters (=E1,=E9,=ED,=F3,=FA) in Outlook 2003 with Outlook Connector for
Domino.

Sometimes, in received mails composed by people using the Lotus Notes
client, these letters appear bold in the reading pane and also when I
open the message to edit it.

Now I have found out that if I open the message with the 'Options/Mail
Format/Use MS Word 2003 to read rich text mail messages' set and then
select 'View/Normal' the bold dissapears and I can see the message
correctly. On the other hand, if I select 'View/Web design' then the
accented letters appear again in bold.

In the reading pane, they always show up in bold.

My question is if there is a way to force the reading pane to use the
normal view instead of the web view, which is the one I suspect it is
using.

Thanks,
Fran

Hello again,

Just one thing I have seen: The characters that I described in my
another font type than the rest of the characters in the message.

For example, in the word 'd=EDa', the 'd' and the 'a' characters are in
Arial Unicode MS, while the '=ED' is in System.

What does that mean? Why does Outlook assigns different fonts to a text
that has been written using only one font?

Thanks,
Fran

Fonts need to be licensed or embedded.  Tell the sender to embed their fonts
or use MS Office.
--
Top Notch Admin

"franjorge@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Just one thing I have seen: The characters that I described in my
> another font type than the rest of the characters in the message.
>
> For example, in the word 'día', the 'd' and the 'a' characters are in
> Arial Unicode MS, while the 'í' is in System.
>
> What does that mean? Why does Outlook assigns different fonts to a text
> that has been written using only one font?
>
> Thanks,
> Fran

Gant Chart Freeze Panes
Hi, I would like to see the Task Name column always while scrolling other columns in the Gantt Chart. Something like Freeze Panes in microsoft excel. Can I do that? Is there any provision available in ms project for doing such things? Thanks! Right click on the top left square in the table. Choose More Tables > then Edit the table in question which is most likely the Entry table. Make sure that "Name" is in the first column, and select the option to Lock the First Column. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > ...

XL print preview should show grayscale if chosen on color printer
Why doesn't Excel display in print preview the setting chosen for a particular printer? When I choose grayscale on my color printer, shouldn't the print preview show in grayscale? The print comes out in grayscale, which doesn't match the print preview. I though print preview was supposed to show you what your print will look like. This really shouldn't be that hard. If you send to a printer that is black and white, it shows the print preview in grayscale. Why not just use this routine (grayscale dither) for color printers when the they are set to grayscale? ------...

Preview...
Hi New to OL2003. Just installed it and trying to conf setting. I've noticed I have to go into all folder to turn off the preview pane, ie do into indox, delete, sent etc.... Is there a way I can set the Preview to off as default across all user? Thanks. Just curious; why do you want to disable the Reading Pane? Note that the Reading Pane is safe to use as it is doesn't allow any code executio. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailb...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...

Default pane size in QBE.
Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE? I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Thanks.Jack Hudson Hi, Jack.> Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE?Not built into Access. Feel free to use the Windows API to write your own routine to change the QBE grid.> I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to > make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Use the QBE grid to get you started with the t...

Olap data views
Hello, I've deployed a farm solution with SQL Server 2005, Project server 2007 and windows Server 2003 SP2. I configured Project Server 2007 default cube sucsessfuly and I can create views and see them in PWA Data Analysis. I created a new project Data Analysis Services in Visual Studio. I deployed it remotely and I can see the New cube deployed if I connect to Analysis Services SQL Services Management Studio. Problem start in PWA, because i can't see the newly deployed cube. I only see the default cube created in pwa interface if i go to "server settings...

Mail View Question Please
Outlook 2003 When the unread mail (Search Folder) is highlighted section on the upper right (not sure of it's correct name) used to show the unread mail (from, subject, received, etc.) grouped by which folder they were in (due to message rules). Now the title bar of that section simply reads "Unread Mail". How do I reset it to the folder grouping (not by date) please. Also, again I'm not sure how but the icons I chose to customize the toolbar with are gone and they are back to the defaults. That I can fix no problem though. Any ideas what may have caused this? -- Thank...

Disabled Preview Pane...
Does anyone know how can I disable preview pane via registry changes or by any means other than actually using Outlook itself modify the settings? Hopefully there is an answer and it is not group policies. Thanks, Ketta ...

CJK font files preview tool?
Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install the font first? In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote: > Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install > the font first? One trick I know of: If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK characters look like. But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it (temporarily) behind the scenes. ...

CPropertySheet View
How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? >How can I have a CPropertySheet in my view, as Excel does ? Have a look on MSDN for the SNAPVW sample for a basic property page view. For something that looks more like Excel's tabbed pages, have a look for Paul DiLascia's CFolderTabCtrl articles from April/May 1999 issues of MSJ. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Publisher 2007 files do not preview in Windows 7
Since moving to Windows 7 from XP, when I open a Publisher file (.PUB) in Windows 7, the Libraries folder opens and none of the Publisher files have their preview available. I can click on the .pub file, but the right pane simply states "no preview available". This lack of functionality is driving me nuts, but I don't know if it is an oversight with my settings. In XP, there used to be a check box that said "Preview File" (as I recall) but I do not see that with Win7. Thanks for some help with this! I don't believe it is an Operating System issue...

multi pane location freeze?
Using Office 2000: Is there a way to freeze a set of pains in two different locations? Example: Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions Row 300 has my totals for the items I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at all times make the in between scrollable. --------------------------- I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets you do one or the other. any help/suggestions? thanks sorry I meant panes, not pains :-) "ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message news:Oles8H66FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP...

Document/View
I have a program for viewing point cloud data and I want to add a browse feature that would allow the user to select multiple data files at once. When in this mode the program would display the list of files that the user could either select, or chose a scan mode that would automatically scan through the list and display the data. This would be implemented as either a CFormView, or a CView with a floating dialog for the file list and scan buttons. My question is I am debating how to best implement the doc/view (or if I even should). I can see three options: 1. If I keep...

toolbar view
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I often view worksheets side by side in order to compare or tranfer data between them. But when I reduce the width to fit them beside each other the toolbar narrows too, making half of the custom toolbar functions inaccessable without clumsy re-widening first. This is a total pain. Can I separate the toolbars from the open page as per my old version of excel?? Click the double arrows ( >>) at the right end of the bar to display the hidden controls the bar is too narrow to display. The Standard Toolbar cannot ...

How to preview the document?
Hello all: I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to preview the document?thank you very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according > to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to > preview the document?thank you very much. > > Some article on the subject. http://www.codeproject.com/printing/#Print+Preview Here's an article on report generation. Maybe what you need. htt...

Preview Pane #18
Under the View menu the option to select the Preview Pane is not avaialble (grayed out). This is the only user I have like this, there is nothing special about this user ao I can't figure out why everyone else can select the Preview Pane but them. Any help would be greatly apprecited. ...

message encoding and view encoding menu
i receive this email without message encoding information in the header so the outlook 2000 displays gabage characters. i tried to install the language using office language tools and according to the document i should just go to view->encoding menu and select the right language then I can view it. However the encoding menu item isn't there. i appraiciate your help. please also reply to my email address. Thanks! What version of Outlook and what does the internet header show? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

resetting the reading pane
I want to reset the reading pane in outlook 2003. When I open outlook 2003, I see from, received and size. I just want to see the reading pane the way it was before, with the lines arranged by: date, newest on top, and the person that sent the message and the subject in the area that displays the message as well as the date shown at day and time. What do I have to do to reset the reading pane? This is a bit of an overkill, but I recommend starting Outlook 1 time with the /cleanviews command line switch. This will delete all custom views and reset the built-in ones back the...

Outlook 2000
I have the ability to view other users folders, mainly calendar. My problem is I do not know how to remove a users name from the list of folders that I have already viewed? Some people have left the office but their name still appears in the list of Other users folders. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The following article should help you to clear the Open Other User's Folder list: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#otherusers -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to p...

image preview in preview pane
It is possible to adjust viewing image (tif file) in preview pane in Outlook. Now I see only filename etc. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "olegb" <olegb.zp8dy@outlookforum.com> wrote in message news:olegb.zp8dy@outlookforum.com... > > It is possible to adjust viewing image (tif file) in preview pane in > Outlook. > Now I see only filename etc. > > > -----------------------------...

Preview
How can I make all Excel files I created previewable? That is, when I choose FILE, OPEN Hi Anna, Not clear what you mean. When you use File|Open do you want Excel to be in Print Preview mode? Bernard "Anna" <vtran@hotvoice.com> wrote in message news:0c0801c38851$92b50050$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I make all Excel files I created previewable? > That is, when I choose FILE, OPEN You mean view the file before you open it?? There are programs that you can use to view a file in a explorer window. For example Powerdesk http://www.ontrack.com/ -- Regards Ron de Br...

how do i change default window pane names for folders?
how do i change default window pane names for folders? I am trying to change the default folder names from the folder location. Under the properties tab of a folder, my old IT guy misspelled the LOCATION folder user name and I want to correct it. I need to change the default name in the window/location name. We don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Be more specific and tell us what version of Outlook you are using and where this "window pane" name appears! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

how to turn off preview in explorer
OS: vista 64 with latest patches GS, A simple google search with your subject yielded this address: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/116098-preview-pane-vista-windows-explorer.html Hope it solves your question. Carlos "GS" wrote: > OS: vista 64 with latest patches > > > . > thx, the link could have been useful however I found the turn of preview pane icon in the tool bar. I don't want the classic view as a side note the folder option->view tab did not help me "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Toggle a splitter view
I have a splitter view and i would like to toggle it on and off. Anybody know a good example to look at? there's one on code project bit its a bit complex Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter view and i would like to toggle it on and off. > > Anybody know a good example to look at? > > there's one on code project bit its a bit complex > This splitter example does just about anything you could want: <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;199515> -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Windows splitter View , left pane disables automatically
Hi all, I have a question regarding SDI , and having multiple views and displaying them according to selection. I have three views and each of them are split into two parts and the left part contains list control box which contains list of items. When you click on the item in the list box, NM_DBLCLK is checked and event handler is called to complete the operation. Same execution applies to all three views. But when I am in the first view and do a mouse click in the first view and go to second view and come back to first view again , the left pane has gone and not visible any more . ...