Preview Pane turns itself back on

I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who
tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on.  She
can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox
and it's back on.  Help!

How do I turn off Junk E-mail in Outlook 03??
Greetings all, Background: Exchange 2003 w/SP1, Symantec Mail Security 4.6, and IMF. Symantec is set for Heuristic Spam scanning only....no RBL and no Premium Anti Spam. It's set to prevent delivery of messages if SCL >7 IMF is set to Block message with SCL >=9 and when blocking messages "No Action". Store Junk E-mail Configuration is set to 9 (I can't say turn off). Group Policy for Outlook is User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook 2003\Tools|Options\Preferences\Junk E-mail\Junk E-mail protection level is Enabled with "No Prote...

Gant Chart Freeze Panes
Hi, I would like to see the Task Name column always while scrolling other columns in the Gantt Chart. Something like Freeze Panes in microsoft excel. Can I do that? Is there any provision available in ms project for doing such things? Thanks! Right click on the top left square in the table. Choose More Tables > then Edit the table in question which is most likely the Entry table. Make sure that "Name" is in the first column, and select the option to Lock the First Column. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > ...

how do I turn a background into a shape?
how do I turn a background into a shape? What sort of background are you talking about? In Visio some backgrounds are shapes and other backgrounds are pages. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm "janlitpur" <janlitpur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61954134-DCB0-4356-8364-DC73FE8A341B@microsoft.com... > how do I turn a bac...

XL print preview should show grayscale if chosen on color printer
Why doesn't Excel display in print preview the setting chosen for a particular printer? When I choose grayscale on my color printer, shouldn't the print preview show in grayscale? The print comes out in grayscale, which doesn't match the print preview. I though print preview was supposed to show you what your print will look like. This really shouldn't be that hard. If you send to a printer that is black and white, it shows the print preview in grayscale. Why not just use this routine (grayscale dither) for color printers when the they are set to grayscale? ------...

Preview...
Hi New to OL2003. Just installed it and trying to conf setting. I've noticed I have to go into all folder to turn off the preview pane, ie do into indox, delete, sent etc.... Is there a way I can set the Preview to off as default across all user? Thanks. Just curious; why do you want to disable the Reading Pane? Note that the Reading Pane is safe to use as it is doesn't allow any code executio. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailb...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...

Default pane size in QBE.
Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE? I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Thanks.Jack Hudson Hi, Jack.> Is there a way to change the default size of the panes in QBE?Not built into Access. Feel free to use the Windows API to write your own routine to change the QBE grid.> I'm wasting tons of time having to drag the boundries of the panes down to > make room before enlarging tables placed in the tables pane.Use the QBE grid to get you started with the t...

Backing up Outlook Express
Anyone know how to backup my mailbox, without havibng to purchase one of the downloads available from the Internet? Hi, To backup the data inside your Outlook Express, Search For the .dbx files on your computer and then back them up. Remember to Search in the Hidden Files and Folders. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "Tomahawk1" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:380501c3fd9d$cde70cb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to backup my mailbox, without havibng to > purchase one of the downloads available from the Internet? "...

Disabled Preview Pane...
Does anyone know how can I disable preview pane via registry changes or by any means other than actually using Outlook itself modify the settings? Hopefully there is an answer and it is not group policies. Thanks, Ketta ...

How do I stop Publisher jumping back to where the cursor is when .
I've just upgraded to 2003 and am used to being able to scroll down a page, now when I do this, publisher will automatically jump back to the position of the cursor. How do I turn off this very 'helpful' annoying feature and why do MS always insist on putting in helpful things like this! I don't find this happening. Are you using arrow keys? Are you using the wheel on the mouse? If you put the cursor within the text, scroll and hit a key, Publisher will return to the cursor, but this is how it has always been. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

xl2007 3D-Rotation
Hi, I used to be able to "grab" a 3d surface graph in xl 2003 and rotate it with no problem, the bosses loved it. I can't seem to do this in xl2007 has the "Grab" feature been discontinued? I sincerely hope not as it was very useful... Can someone tell me if it still works, and if so how do I do it? I have tried and tried but not getting anywhere... Many thanks in advance regards Sean Doesn't work any longer in 2007. It was too complex to implement with the new Office Art shapes. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutio...

CJK font files preview tool?
Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install the font first? In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote: > Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install > the font first? One trick I know of: If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK characters look like. But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it (temporarily) behind the scenes. ...

How do I back up just my Outlook email?
Hi all, I have MS Office Professional Edition 2003 installed with Outlook 2003. I was wondering how I can create a backup of all my emails, inbox and sent emails in paticular. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Steve B. PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Steven B." <PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com> wro...

Turn off Project Accounting
I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? Thanks, Craig You could turn off security to the alternate forms and reports it provides. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, > which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the > dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? > > Thanks,...

Publisher 2007 files do not preview in Windows 7
Since moving to Windows 7 from XP, when I open a Publisher file (.PUB) in Windows 7, the Libraries folder opens and none of the Publisher files have their preview available. I can click on the .pub file, but the right pane simply states "no preview available". This lack of functionality is driving me nuts, but I don't know if it is an oversight with my settings. In XP, there used to be a check box that said "Preview File" (as I recall) but I do not see that with Win7. Thanks for some help with this! I don't believe it is an Operating System issue...

recieve copy back that e-mail recieved and opened
i want to recieve a message back that e-mail has been recieved and opened. You can request this in Outlook but you may not get the responses you wish. Servers may deny delivery receipts and if a recipient is using Outlook 2002 or newer, they can deny read receipts. However, in order to request the read and delivery receipts, you can check the boxes in the options of your email before you send it. If you don't see the options button in your open email, click View > Options. If you want to do this for every email that you send (I wouldn't really recommend this), then clic...

multi pane location freeze?
Using Office 2000: Is there a way to freeze a set of pains in two different locations? Example: Row 1 has my title heading/descriptions Row 300 has my totals for the items I'd like to see my totals at all times and have my title heading shown at all times make the in between scrollable. --------------------------- I thought maybe I can freeze row 1 and also do a split but office only lets you do one or the other. any help/suggestions? thanks sorry I meant panes, not pains :-) "ADK" <ADK@noreply2today.com> wrote in message news:Oles8H66FHA.2364@TK2MSFTNGP...

How to preview the document?
Hello all: I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to preview the document?thank you very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according > to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to > preview the document?thank you very much. > > Some article on the subject. http://www.codeproject.com/printing/#Print+Preview Here's an article on report generation. Maybe what you need. htt...

How do I get Goal Seek back after deleting it from the Tools menu.
I dragged Goal Seek to a Toolbar and accidentally deleted it. How do I get it back? ...

Preview Pane #18
Under the View menu the option to select the Preview Pane is not avaialble (grayed out). This is the only user I have like this, there is nothing special about this user ao I can't figure out why everyone else can select the Preview Pane but them. Any help would be greatly apprecited. ...

resetting the reading pane
I want to reset the reading pane in outlook 2003. When I open outlook 2003, I see from, received and size. I just want to see the reading pane the way it was before, with the lines arranged by: date, newest on top, and the person that sent the message and the subject in the area that displays the message as well as the date shown at day and time. What do I have to do to reset the reading pane? This is a bit of an overkill, but I recommend starting Outlook 1 time with the /cleanviews command line switch. This will delete all custom views and reset the built-in ones back the...

image preview in preview pane
It is possible to adjust viewing image (tif file) in preview pane in Outlook. Now I see only filename etc. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ No. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "olegb" <olegb.zp8dy@outlookforum.com> wrote in message news:olegb.zp8dy@outlookforum.com... > > It is possible to adjust viewing image (tif file) in preview pane in > Outlook. > Now I see only filename etc. > > > -----------------------------...

how do i change default window pane names for folders?
how do i change default window pane names for folders? I am trying to change the default folder names from the folder location. Under the properties tab of a folder, my old IT guy misspelled the LOCATION folder user name and I want to correct it. I need to change the default name in the window/location name. We don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Be more specific and tell us what version of Outlook you are using and where this "window pane" name appears! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Turning on ability to re-import data exported
CRM 4.0 has the ability to re-import (update) records that have been exported, but by default, it has been turned off. How do I enable it? I watched a webinar on it, but the presenter never gave any indication on how to enable this ability. -- Sketchy On Jun 11, 3:08 am, sketchy <sket...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > CRM 4.0 has the ability to re-import (update) records that have been > exported, but by default, it has been turned off. How do I enable it? I > watched a webinar on it, but the presenter never gave any indication on how > to enable this ability. &...

Back-up in Outlook 2000 SP-3
The auto back-up has stopped working, and the personal folders can only be backed-up manually. How can this be fixed? Many thanks Look at FILE| BACKUP | OPTIONS and make sure you have the box checked that says "remind me to backup every ___ days." If that still doesn't work, I would probably reinstall the MS Personal Folders Backup utility. -- Barry barry_t_2000*NOSPAM*@yahoo.com ---------------------------- Remove *NOSPAM* when replying to sender. "Paul D" <tony_nospam_ @highbury_spam_no_no.com> wrote in message news:vnat41947vqdargjevtdos71tt146kpr0h@4ax....