Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC

I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I
could click on any message in any folder and it displayed
instantly.
Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12
hours ) so I changed it.
Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message.
Changing the time back does not fix the problem.
HELP Please.....
0
ronr (2)

Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling
Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by
ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background.

0
ronr (2)

Preview...
Hi New to OL2003. Just installed it and trying to conf setting. I've noticed I have to go into all folder to turn off the preview pane, ie do into indox, delete, sent etc.... Is there a way I can set the Preview to off as default across all user? Thanks. Just curious; why do you want to disable the Reading Pane? Note that the Reading Pane is safe to use as it is doesn't allow any code executio. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailb...

Changing page height while in a multipage
Hello guys, I have a UserForm with a Multipage, this multipage has 10 pages. I would like to cnahge the Height of only one page (Page3) from 400 to 200 while I am visiting this page and revert to 400 when I visit any of the other pages. You see, the other pages have lots of txt boxes and lbls, but Page3 has only a handful of txt and lbls and I would like to shrink its height. I can do this by clicking on a command button, but would like to have it happen automatically for the user. Thank you ' in the user form module Private Sub MultiPage1_Change() With Mul...

How do you change the font size and color in insert caption?
When inserting a caption it comes out in blue and a different size font - how do you change it? Modify the Caption style to reflect however you want it to appear. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Victoria M." <Victoria M.@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

XL print preview should show grayscale if chosen on color printer
Why doesn't Excel display in print preview the setting chosen for a particular printer? When I choose grayscale on my color printer, shouldn't the print preview show in grayscale? The print comes out in grayscale, which doesn't match the print preview. I though print preview was supposed to show you what your print will look like. This really shouldn't be that hard. If you send to a printer that is black and white, it shows the print preview in grayscale. Why not just use this routine (grayscale dither) for color printers when the they are set to grayscale? ------...

Bulk Import Wizard: Source file is corrupt error message
When trying to upload a .CSV file, after selecting the file, choosing Leads, and then click next, it say the Source file is corrupt. I am able to open the file in Excel with no problem. I got this message when I tried to import a file with 5,000 records in it. I found that if I cut it back to 998 records, I got it to work twice. But it has not worked since. Any suggestions would be greated appreciated. Thanks. try opening the csv file in notepad then saving it and also changing the encoding to unicode. Then try to reload into CRM ============================== John O'Don...

Message Limits
Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import? If so, is there a way to turn off the limit? Would I be able to import half the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message limit)? Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general limit on messages it can store? Kol. ----------- "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !" What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we talking about here? :-) It might be easier to answer your questions (and give you more precise answers) if there were more specifics to go on. -- Jocelyn Fi...

error message 0x80070057??
I am trying to set up outlook as my default. Keep getting above message which is blocking me from set up> Any help please. -- Laura When does this error occur? What version of Outlook are you using? What type of mail account? "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C2412FD-95D8-49B1-BEF8-490CF721C66E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to set up outlook as my default. Keep getting above message which > is blocking me from set up> Any help please. > -- > Laura ...

moving Office 2007 from old PC to new PC
Hi, On my old PC, I had upgraded Office 2003 to Office 2007. I bought a new PC and I want to move Office 2007 from the old to the new. I still have the installation disc for the upgrade version, but the new PC won't allow me to load the upgrade on the new PC. The error message is that an old version of Office must be installed on the new one before the upgrade is loaded. So I have a double challenge -- moving an upgrade version of Office 2007 from one PC to another. Any suggestions? Thanks. -- WTL Simple, you need a qualifying version cd, eg Office 2003, to point ...

error message Stop: 0X00000050 on a blue screen.
After restarting my computer and getting a screen saying restart, press F8, press safe mode in advance options menu. I've done this several times and still the blue screen shows that a problem was detected and windows shut down to prevent damage, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, it continues to advise that I should make sure new hardware or software is properly installed, I didn't add anything new, it also suggest that I disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing, I disable the caches, unsure about shadowing. After again saying use safe mode to solve the problem, it en...

Error message when I try to open the "Fiscal Year Setting"
Hi all! I have trouble described in: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921394 but it no treated with query: update organizationbase set fiscalsettingsupdated=0 before updating I had fiscalsettingsupdated=1, it were successfully changed but Error message remain. help please! I have Russian version CRM3. ...

Why is my scrolling and paging is extremely slow and hesitates?
Brand new computer - no problems with any other programs. Spreadsheet is not even that large. ...

Disabled Preview Pane...
Does anyone know how can I disable preview pane via registry changes or by any means other than actually using Outlook itself modify the settings? Hopefully there is an answer and it is not group policies. Thanks, Ketta ...

CJK font files preview tool?
Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install the font first? In article <ew0Xe3lgKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, James wrote: > Is there a tool to preview CJK unicode font files without having to install > the font first? One trick I know of: If you doubleclick any font, installed or not, you'll see a preview, but it only includes the roman character set, so won't give you an idea what the CJK characters look like. But when you preview the font like this, Windows stealthily installs it (temporarily) behind the scenes. ...

Outlook 2003 Address Book Does Not Update After Changes To The Ser
I am making changes to user's email settings and the changes do not seem to be reflected in the Outlook 2003 Address Book for days. For example: I might change the primary address from xxxx@domain1.com to xxxx@domain2.com or I might change the alias and these changes do not replicate to the Outlook 2003 address book Email Address tab in the properties page of an entry I have set the up the Offline Address Book to update every hour (I have only about 50 accounts or so so I'm not to concerned with overhead, should I be?) and I have even tried to use the "Rebuild" comman...

Publisher 2007 files do not preview in Windows 7
Since moving to Windows 7 from XP, when I open a Publisher file (.PUB) in Windows 7, the Libraries folder opens and none of the Publisher files have their preview available. I can click on the .pub file, but the right pane simply states "no preview available". This lack of functionality is driving me nuts, but I don't know if it is an oversight with my settings. In XP, there used to be a check box that said "Preview File" (as I recall) but I do not see that with Win7. Thanks for some help with this! I don't believe it is an Operating System issue...

Outlook 2003: Mail downloading too slow
New computer. Came with XP and Outlook Express. Installed Outlook 2003, and messages take way too long to download. Have yet to check mail. What could be cauing this?? Thanks, Kelli ...

Cell Change Color
Hi Bob, Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried it but it didn't work as expected or maybe i did something wrong. I've already click and paste the script as instructed but no change. I've attached a screenshot of what I intend to do. For column A will be the timer which will be updating according to my earlier description. Column B is the System name and column C is the Status which I need help. Thanks again Bob. -- alani Not sure Alani. Why don't you send me your workbook direct, and I will install it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "alani" <alani.1re19w@new...

How to preview the document?
Hello all: I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to preview the document?thank you very much. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a dialog and want to print the data of my database according > to my require,but I want to preview the document before printing,how to > preview the document?thank you very much. > > Some article on the subject. http://www.codeproject.com/printing/#Print+Preview Here's an article on report generation. Maybe what you need. htt...

Preview Pane #18
Under the View menu the option to select the Preview Pane is not avaialble (grayed out). This is the only user I have like this, there is nothing special about this user ao I can't figure out why everyone else can select the Preview Pane but them. Any help would be greatly apprecited. ...

Change cell color
How do i write a macro or VBA program that will change the color of a cell based on set conditions? eg. if the cell value <20 then change the color to red. Try the below With Selection .FormatConditions.Delete .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RC<>"""",RC<20)" .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End With -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Johan" wrote: > How do i write a macro or VBA program that will change the color of a cell > based on set conditions? > ...

Interface not registered message in MS Outlook
Using Microsoft Word to Edit e-Mail Messages in Outlook 2002 XP. When click "send" I get message window Microsoft Word "interface not registered" Not a new install, just started happening. Tried Uninstall and then Install but did'nt help. Same problem exists. Hello I spent a multitude of hours today trying to solve the following problems with Office 1) Could not print from Outlook - always got a script error on line 134 2) Could not use Send To from Word or Excel and send the documents in Emai 3) Could not use Word as the default Email edito The usual error was "...

Unread message folder #2
Thanks! I got the unread message folder back. However, the unread messages are not going into the folder. How do I get the unread messages to flow to that folder? (like they did before) Thanks Again! capsrv <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thanks! I got the unread message folder back. However, the unread > messages are not going into the folder. How do I get the unread > messages to flow to that folder? (like they did before) Then the Search Folder and your unread messages may be in separate messages stores. Is the Inbox in the same message store (PST or...

New Messages #2
How do I stop Outlook Express from checking new messages every 5 minutes? dci <bishopdiisomjr@aol.com> wrote: > How do I stop Outlook Express from checking new messages > every 5 minutes? Tools>Options This is a newsgroup for Outlook, not Outlook Express questions. -- Brian Tillman ...

change button colour #2
that works just as well although it takes a bit of work to get spot on thank -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26732 ...