Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?

I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via
outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal
Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail
folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent
items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3
accounts to be saved there.
Regards,

neebster (5)

Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via
> outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal
> Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail
> folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent
> items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3
> accounts to be saved there.

Since all mail Outlook sends goes through your delivery location Outbox, it
will also wind up in the delivery location Sent Items folder.  Do you have
any rules?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
10/3/2007 11:46:49 AM
On Oct 3, 7:46 am, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nibi <neebs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've noticed every time i send a message using myhotmailaccount via
> > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in theSentItems folder under Personal
> > Folder along with a copy in thesentitems folder in thehotmail
> > folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personalsent
> > items folder forhotmailONLY. I still wantsentmessages from my pop3
> > accounts to be saved there.
>
> Since all mail Outlook sends goes through your delivery location Outbox, it
> will also wind up in the delivery locationSentItems folder.  Do you have
> any rules?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Nope no rules.

Unrelated but when i first sent a message from one of my IMAP accounts
it asked me which folder i'd like to use for saving sent messages and
i chose the imap sent items folder in that account. So for that
account it doesn't create dupes in the personal sent items folder and
only saves in that account's imap sent folder.

So i think hotmail integeration is just not polished. Besides this, i
also noticed you can't right-click and empty junk mail folder for
hotmail via outlook.

0
neebster (5)

Filter Dupes to a separate sheet
I have a sheet full of contacts (5300+ records). Many of these contacts work at the same company (e.g., I have 9 BMW employees listed). I need to filter this list to another location wherein I'll have ONLY those companies that are duplicated, and have each of these heretofore duplicated names appear only once. All non-duplicated companies can be left behind. Can anyone help me out? I can't seem to figure out how to keep just one instance of each duplicated name. TIA -- bondg I left out what is probably an important detail.... I can't use "Unique Records Only...

Outlook CRM desktop client can't create personal stores
Hi, I'm trying to install the Outlook CRM desktop client on Outlook 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Terminal server , which is also hosting an Exchange Server 2003 installation and is a domain controller. I know, bad practice, not supported, but the machine is just serving for about 8 users. The CRM server is on an other server. I installed the client succesfull on some other machines, including terminal servers, using the same user account. The user is domain admin. I'm getting this error: in the crm30clientsetup.log 23:06:09| Info| MAPISVC.INF: C:\WINDOWS\system32\mapisv...

creating browse info
I'm curious to know why my who machine locks up during a "creating browse info" step of the compilation. It can take three seconds during which time the mouse won't move, and other applications are frozen. I'm happy enough to have the browse info generated, but it's like it's thunking down to some primitive ancient Windows 2 piece of code that disables interrupts. Is it just me who observes this, can't see anything mentioned on dejanews. This is vis C 6 by the way. Geoff. Geoff Phillips wrote: > I'm curious to know why my who machine locks up ...

Print Selected Items in Excel Order Form
Hi, I’m new to the site and also to Visual Basic. I have found the following code from Dave Peterson on http://www.contextures.com/xlForm03.html, which does more or less what I want apart from one thing, which I can’t figure out how to change. Values from the worksheet list, starting in Column B and moving right, are copied to the order form, into the addresses specified. Instead of copying values from Column B and moving right (as in B1, C1, D1...), I would like to copy to the form only selected cells like B1, D1, H1... Print Marked Items Code Option Base 0 Sub Print...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

How do I create a Title row or field in Excel 2003?
At the top of my spreadsheet I want to create a row that is the name or title. I want it locked and unchanging once created. One way: Select cell A2. Choose Window/Freeze Panes In article <BD68C9F9-125B-45AC-A8F0-08122CB1E6DA@microsoft.com>, hookturner <hookturner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > At the top of my spreadsheet I want to create a row that is the name or > title. I want it locked and unchanging once created. ...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to see
How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop down box for the answer. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DD0016C4-C699-4072-995B-EBD986EEEED7@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. > For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop > down box for...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

How to create and access (add/delete mails) .PST file at runtime?
Hi, I need to store selected mails into some different .pst file at runtime. Also want to access those mails in .pst at runtime. I can import and export mails into .MSG file. But it is hard to maintain mails as .msg files. My queries are, 1. How to create/open .PST file at runtime ? 2. How to add/delete (import/export) mails (any format like .MSG, ..EML, etc.,) into .PST at runtime ? Is there any way to handle this kind of situation thru Outlook object model or CDO or Extended MAPI or Redemption or any other way? Thanks in advance with best regards, Kumar 1. Use Namespace.AddStore/Re...

Create XML Node / Element from a Shema
hi, i have a question, is it possible to create a XML Node or Element from a shema? i have a Shema and would like to create a node with one line of code. my node has some attributes and it is borring to write statements for creating attribute for every node. i am using c#. thanks ...

Stock count of serial numbered items
I have recurring issues with serial-numbered items and stock count entry. For instance, in my stock count I have a serial-numbered item with a captured quantity of 1. My counted quantity is zero. Therefore, I should have a variance of -1. I go into the Stock Count Serial Number Entry window and change the Count Status to Not Found for my one serial number. When I click on OK, I get "The variance or counted quantity for this serial number does not equal the variance or counted quantity for the item - Continue, Override, Cancel". If I click on Override, I get "The calc...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Create another sheet with info from a "Job #" column
Good aftermorning to you all. It seems the more I get done the more that is added to my list of things to do (don't ya hate it when that happens?) Here's what's on today's TODO list: I am working on a TruckLog, had everything running perfectly then was told that I need to add a column to let us know which Job the trucks are runnin' to. Fine, that's easy. But the problem is that they want it set up so that when a Job# is entered in the column, it creates a new sheet (the sheet has to come from an outside source: i.e. another Excel worksheet), then the sheet has to be...

Creating Maps
Hi I want to create an image using PP of a simple world map and colour in the countried with my business has offices. Does anyone know of any templates etc or website where I might download a map which could make this job as simple as possible. My alternative plan is to create a map myself tracing the country outlines using a freeform line and then colouring in the relevant parts. Thanks Editable World Map for powerpoint http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/s-editable-world-map.htm Cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - power...

[Create ERD in Visio]Reverse engineer wizard can't create a datasource from Excel
I'm trying to create an ERD in Visio from exported tables from MySQL. I exported each table to Excel. I am on Windows XP 2002 Professional. I have Visio Professional 2007. I have Excel 2007. In the reverse engineer dialog box it looks like it accepts Excel 97-2000? In any case MySQL exported them as Excel2003 so if I don't open them it should work. When I get to the Select Workbook Database Name dialog and select the sheet it gives me the error "external table is not in the expected format". This occurs even though I have the sheet saved both as Excel2003or Excel 2007...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Accepted meeting create an unread note
In Outlook 2007 when I accept a meeting notice, the original note goes to my deleted folder as read but an additional note for the same meeting shows as unread As an additional ?, when I mark items as read or move them from my inbox they dont reflect the change many times until a click on another folder and come back, it looks like they did not occur, any reason that is happening When folders don't update it usually indicates a problem with NAT routers. What type of email account do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Chart created with a macro changes location according to screen resolution.
I have a macro that creates a chart aligned with a set of cells. I another user runs this macro with a different screen resolution th chart covers a different area of the spreadsheet partially covering th data. Also if the other users have additional or less toolbars, th location of the chart is offset. Is there a way to assign the locatio of a chart to cells and not screen location. Thanks as always -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use something along the lines of: Sub testIt() With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Left = Cells(3, 3).Left .Top = Cells(3...

How do I create a LAN site map?
How do I create a site map of my LAN. This is mostly word, Excel, Acrobat, etc files. When I go to open it only allows html or asp pages? Have you checked the microsoft office site for lan templates? al "sandra" <sandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DDE6A47-9323-494B-B98F-C2539BDC972C@microsoft.com... > How do I create a site map of my LAN. This is mostly word, Excel, > Acrobat, > etc files. When I go to open it only allows html or asp pages? ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Excel file to create a Distribution List
Is it possible to use an Excel file to create a Distribution List in Outlook? I am using 2002 SP3 for both Outlook and Excel. The Excel file has data in/for the following fields: customer number, Last Name, First Name, Phone Number, Email Address. Further, does it help, hinder or not matter at all that the "file" for the List has already been created? In other words, I have a created a list with title only ("John Smith's Group"), but the group itself has no data or entries in it. Thank you all in advance for the incredible assistance I receive from th...

Create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number
Hi, I want to create a Crystal Report with Item Class and Account number show at the report. How can I link the GL master table (GL00100) with Item master table (IV00101)? Please advise. Cheers, Emily If you look in IV00101 you will a number of columns with the word, index. You should go to Tools --> Resource Descriptions and view the table definition to see the field names. Once you have identified the fields, you will need to add GL00100 multiple times, depending upon how many IV00101 fields you want to link. For example, if you only needed the inventory and cost of goods so...