predictive typing of addressee

I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who
has a very common name.

More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong
party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the
addressee name.

Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown
list that appears as you type tha addressee name?

Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing
automatically as you type in the "To" field.

Any help will be appreciated.

joanne
0
jbirtch (1)

Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn
Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bring up yr Contacts list
David

"joanne" <jbirtch@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who
> has a very common name.
>
> More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong
> party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the
> addressee name.
>
> Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown
> list that appears as you type tha addressee name?
>
> Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing
> automatically as you type in the "To" field.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> joanne

Ability to change PO type on requisitions created in Req Mgmt
Currently all requisitions that are originated in Requisition Management and transferred over to Great Plains will be assigned the STANDARD type. With GP 8.0, blanket purchase orders were taken into consideration. However, that only applies to PO's that are created in Great Plains, not using a requisitioning piece. It would be great if the system could allow you to select the PO type maybe prior to the transfer process so that they would be assigned the Blanket PO type. Problems we've run into with not being able to use blanket PO's: - Users have to increase their qu...

Converting types -- oddity [double][string]
Getting the version -- as a number so that it will make sense in comparison I discovered an oddity. Neither method below can directly convert from the "System.Version" type directly to double: [double][string](Get-Host).version [double][string]$PSVersionTable.PSVersion First converting to type string solves the problem but this is non-intuitive and somewhat odd. Using comparison operators (or arithmetic) to do an implicit conversion to a numeric type also fails, and requires the (even less) intuitive conversion to string FIRST: 2.0 -ge [string](Get-Host).ver...

Why is a logarithmic not always an option under trendline type?
I have 22 plots that are all a similar, logarithmic shape, yet only three of them give me the option to add a logarightmic trendline. The plots where the logarithmic trendline does work are perhaps closer to a true logarithmic shape than those where it does not work, but not by much. Does the logarithmic trendline only work when the shape is very close? Do you have zero or negative x values? mpd4 wrote: > I have 22 plots that are all a similar, logarithmic shape, yet only three of > them give me the option to add a logarightmic trendline. > > The plots where the logarithmic...

Predictive text?
You can create a lookup table through Data, Validation, List. But can you do a similar thing where the lookup list is sorted depending on what you type in? eg: If you start to type "peter" the list shortens to items begining with p when you type "p" and then shortens to items begining with pe when you type "pe" etc. Many thanks Peter Excel will auto complete the word if that same word already exists directly above or below the validation cell in the same column. I would move the source list for the validation cell directly above it, then hide those cells...

predictions
Hi, I have collected all my wife's orgasms in a workbook. every orgasm has a date attached. Now, can I with some formula predict the next orgasm? Any help is greatly appreciated. greets, William Kok Good luck. http://groups.google.com/groups?as_drrb=b&scoring=d&as_mind=5&as_minm=12&as_miny=2004&as_maxd=5&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2006&as_q=&num=100&as_ugroup=*Excel*&as_usubject=forecast&as_uauthors= -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ilearning" <s.hoitinga@exmouse.nl> wrote in message news:457524bc...

operator or type overloading
Questions: I need a way to allow this converiosn within a class( char = CString; ) without introducing any new code to the statement( charVariable = CStringVariable; ). Is there a way to acheive this through operator or type overloading or by some other means? The CString class is just a wrapper around a char buffer that bascially handles all the memory allocation. CString aCString(_T("Hello")); << this allocates a char* buffer for you char* aBuffer = aCString.GetBuffer(0); << this returns a char* buffer When the aCString falls out of scope, the CString class will d...

Can't Type A Character

Why do I have to read and type curvy numbers before sending emails
I have an msn email and one day I suddenly was required to read a box of distorted numbers and letters and type them before being allowed to send my email. Can I disable that? It's so spam can't be sent from our computer, but it is a home computer and I have yet to send any spam. "darrsaka" <darrsaka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68C9DF71-20C3-4AE2-8EA8-5A664315AF32@microsoft.com... > I have an msn email and one day I suddenly was required to read a box of > distorted numbers and letters and type them before being allowed to se...

Change entries in popup list for partially typed email addresses
When I start a new email and type in the first few letters of a recipient name or email address, I am given a helpful list of candidate addresses. However, the email addresses of one acquaintance in this list needs to be corrected. How can I do this? I tried looking in the address book, but none of the lists seem to contain this contact. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The autocompletion cache has nothing to do with your Contacts. It is simply a cache of your prior recipients. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when pres...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Problems with mixed content type.

Prediction..?
Hi all, I have a serie of values like: Month Value 1 100 2 200 3 300 4 400 5 500 6 600 7 700 If I would like to predict the value for month 12. In Excel it's: =PRECICT(predicted X;known y-values;known x-values) = 1200 How can I do the same in Access? Kent J. Hi, Kent. > I have a serie of values like: > > Month Value > 1 100 > 2 200 > 3 300 > 4 400 > 5 500 > 6 600 > 7 700 > > If I would like to predict the value for month 12. > In Excel it's: > =PRECICT(predicted X;known y-values;known x-values) = 1200 > > How can I do the same in ...

Cannot type in authorization code
I have noticed an intermittent problem on the Credit Card Authorization dialog in RMS 1.3.1002, StoreOps POS application. When I try to type in the authorization code (if I've done a voice authorization), it won't let me type anything in that field. What I have to do is open up a Notepad window, type the code in there, copy the code from Notepad and paste it into the Authorization Code field. I've only discovered this at one of my stores, but not at the others. All three stores are on the exact same version of the software, and I haven't done any sort of customization ...

Vulnerability Prediction Tool
I'm working on a project that will track up to 50 events (by date & time as they happen...the only two sole pieces of data entered) and will calculate the average duration between events to project future events (through averages). My problem is being able to display that information visually in a chart (X-axis by hour in a 24-hour clock, and Y-axis by dates). I'm trying to get the chart to show both past events, as well as illustrate the next predicted event time (time of vulnerability), but future ones as well. I might be asking to much of excel in graphic visualization...

Purchase Order Type
We currently use 'PO-' as our prefix for new purchase orders. Is there a way to have more than 1 type of prefix such as 'MFG-' while we are keeping the current 'PO-' prefix? Thanks in advance. I dont think it should be possible if you'd like to maintain two series of PO Next Numbers. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On Jun 1, 10:24=A0pm, Susan <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We currently use 'PO-' as our prefix for new purchase orders. =A0Is there= a way > to > have more than 1 type of prefix such as 'MFG-' while we are...

NEWBIE: Not sure why i am getting this type of error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4BACE.F9469BC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, up till today my project was working fine and compiling ok. I added a = new function (nothing fancy just sorting out sizes of files etc). I'm = having problems both during compile and when run. (I understand that it = will compile with the warnings) my build log: ------ Build started: Project: JamPack, Configuration: Release Win32 = ------ Compiling... JamPackDlg.cpp Linking... Generating co...

Problem importing a type library
When I #import a TLB developed by a colleague I am only getting the tlh file generated but no tli file. Also the tlh file is missing the include statement for the tli file. This is making it impossible to include his work in mine. Can anyone tell me what would be causing this behavior. Thanks, Dan Any chance there are no functions declared that would need to be implemented? Send me the .TLB and I'll try it here, if you like. "Dan Camenson" <dcamenson@fs.fed.us> wrote in message news:1168540104.689281.113840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > When I #import a TLB...

Template argument TYPE
Hello, where can I find the class named TYPE and ARG_TYPE in the source code of MFC? Example from afxtempl.h: template<class TYPE, class ARG_TYPE> class CList : public CObject Thank you very much for your help. Frank They are not actual classes. They are just typenames.It is similar to template<typename TYPE, typename ARG_TYPE> class CList : public CObject { .... }; Take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccelng/htm/key_s-z_6.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Frank Boeddeker" <fbo@gmx...

Changing default for "Save As Type"
I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard drive. when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only". How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so that the attachments are saved with the text message? Thanks for any help, PMAC Not possibl3e. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PMAC" <PMAC@discuss...

Predictive Address
Hi, Have a client who wishes for Predictive Email Address feature of Outlook 2003 to be turned off, company wide. Is this possible through Group Policy or script? Need help as I'm not even sure where to start with this. Thanks, Joe On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:56:16 -0000, "Joe" <Joe@newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Have a client who wishes for Predictive Email Address feature of Outlook >2003 to be turned off, company wide. > >Is this possible through Group Policy or script? > >Need help as I'm not even sure where to start with this....

"Registered File Types" "Opens with" What if a common type is not "registered?" Advanced?
I sent a family member as short MPG file (<1MB) as an attachment to an e-mail. He could not open it. I told him to search for some other MPG file that might be on his HD, and see if it opened. He said the found file opened with Real Player. But it seems that there is no obvious way to choose which app opens an attachment. He and I apparently have different MPG-2 decoders, and trying to walk him thru it with my having what must be different versions of apps and utilities and plug-ins was a failure. So I phoned him and thought that I would have him set Windows Media Player ...

Excel Predicts
When I type data into a cell sometimes Excel assumes I want something I typed previously. Such as, 14b might be entered two cells up, but now I just want to type 14. Excel puts the b in there whether I want it or not. I looked through all of the windows to try and find out how to change this, but I didn't see anything. How do I keep this from happening? Now let's say I want to keep the feature. What is the easiest way to get rid of the b? Thanks. It sounds like you have autocomplete turned on. Tools|Options|Edit Tab|Uncheck "enable autocomplete for cell values" Re...

how a file can change its type from '.xls' to '.tmp'
I have a file that keeps changing its name by itself and if I change it back it locks the file It sounds like you are attempting to change a Template file into a Workbook file. Templates are intended to remain as such so that new workbooks can be created based on tem rather than alway using blank workbooks that have to be restructured each time. It's best to not OPEN the template. Instead use File>New or depending on version of Excel, New from Template in the Task Pane. When you save the new file it will prompt you for a name and be saved as a .xls as usual. HTH |:>) "...

Cannot Type Text Into Publisher
Hi there . . . hope someone can help me . . . I'm feeling rather aggravated with the following problem: I'm using Publisher 2000 (came w/ Office 2000 which came with our PC), we upgraded to XP Home last winter, and Tuesday night (8/26) we began to experience the following problem with Publisher: Whenever we try to type or paste any text (either in a new text box or into a previously saved Publisher document) we get an error that simply says "Publisher cannot complete the operation" with "OK" as the only option. We are not experiencing difficulty entering ...

Different sales types
I 'sell' different types of 'product' (non-inventory 'products' i.e. services). e.g. I invoice for rents and I invoice for goods storage (and many others). I need to be able to differentiate when an invoice is for goods storage vs when it is for rents - the differentiation will ensure I post to seperate sales GL codes and also, importantly, so I can view ageing of my recievables by individual sales types, even though a specific customer may owe money for both types of transactions. Is this possible? How is it done? Thx for any help. You cannot differentiate ...