Predefined distribution list in outlook template

Hi everyone,

Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to
send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list
in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message
owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am
not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the
person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure
the message sent to right group of people.

I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for
an automation way so that message owners can send out
messages themselves while making use of the distribution
list I maintain.

I am currently looking for a solution where I create a
predefined outlook template with the option to let message
owners select which group of users in "To" field, then I
can send out the template to message owners to deploy in
their outlook, and they can send out themselves whenever
there is urgent issues.

Anyone can help? Thanks.

Are you using exchange server? if not, what versions of outlook does
everyone use?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Ooi" <hock_heng_ooi@lycos.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to
> send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list
> in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message
> owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am
> not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the
> person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure
> the message sent to right group of people.
>
> I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for
> an automation way so that message owners can send out
> messages themselves while making use of the distribution
> list I maintain.
>
> I am currently looking for a solution where I create a
> predefined outlook template with the option to let message
> owners select which group of users in "To" field, then I
> can send out the template to message owners to deploy in
> their outlook, and they can send out themselves whenever
> there is urgent issues.
>
> Anyone can help? Thanks.

0
dianenws (1904)

OTHER USER'S FOLDER LIST
As you might know, after you've viewed other user's folder, their names will be saved on a list underneath that for easy access in the future. Is there anyway to delete selected item on the list? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292024 -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "E" <please@post.online> wrote in message news:011401c35214$70a6f7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > As you might know, after you've vie...

Outlook 2003 with sp1, Word as Editor hangs on reply/forward
Hi, I have Office 2003 installed with sp1. I've found an email message which hangs Outlook 2003 replying or forwarding. I use Word as my message editor. The email is html and appears to be formatted correctly. I have saved the source of the email and attempted to open it in IE. The curious thing is that IE will hang for quite a while on my machine trying to download the images (I have a cable modem). Then at the end, it complain about a security risk. Allowing the security risk, shows the remaining items. Even more curious, is when I open the saved html file in Word. It will hang ...

cutoms lists
in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. Is it possible to increase this? Not according to the Excel help files. Sorry. "cervus" wrote: > in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. > Is it possible to increase this? ...

Outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error - I get this every time I try to delete any message, from any folder. The MS site states it's when a PST is approaching 2GB, I have 1.9GB of mail after emptying my deleted items folder - can't delete anything else so can't reduce the size of the .PST, also can't send or receive any mail at all. Any suggestions? Thanks Sev "VFrustrated" <neil.severn@virgin.net> wrote in message news:010201c36c00$7efe9840$a501280a@phx.gbl > Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an > un...

Validation list that removes chosen values
I am trying to create a validation list using a name range. The idea is to only allow each of the values in the range to only be chosen once. For example this validation would be applied to cells A1:A10. There would be 10 values in the named range, and each time one of the values was chosen it would not be available in the other cells - each cell would have a mutually exclusive value. Any help would be much appreciated. Select data validation, Settings, Allow, List. Then select the range that has your list of allowed values Tyro <gregory.blanch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:35ac4...

Distribution list from Contact catagory
Can someone help me with how to create an email distribution list from a cantact list. I am hoping to select the email addresses by the catagory they are stored in the contact list. Thank you Hi Tiffney Check out the following article. 284292 OL: How to Create a Distribution List from Your Contacts http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284292 Hope this helps! Regards, Ian Baird Microsoft PSS This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights. ...

Purchasing Distribution Entry
I am currently testing a new installation of GP and I am having problems getting my purchasing transaction posting accounts to work. I have set up posting account for all of my vendor classes and item classes, however when I receive against a PO the account distributions are not showing up. The distribution credits my AP-ACCRUED, but does not pull up my inventory account in the PURCH debit. I have checked and double checked my inventory posting accounts for the vendor and items. Am I overlooking something? Did you ensure that the vendors and items have accounts? Classes are only u...

Sort parameter list from Report Model
I am desperately searching for a way to sort a parameter list that is generated from a Report Model data source. We are using Report Builder 2.0. If this feature is not supported then I believe that this is a huge oversight on Microsoft's behalf. Users only want to pick from a sorted list! ...

Taxable IRA distribution
I'm trying to get taxable information for this year, and ran across a problme that you can't catgorize transfers, or treat them as income when they go from a tax fee account to a taxable account. I searched the newgroup and saw some discussion and cumbersome workarounds discussed back in March 2003. Is there a solution (perhaps in 2005) or does anyone have any better workarounds. Thanks TM I have tried to get MS to allow a catagory for transfers from "qualified accounts" such as Seps,Ira's for several years, I was told by one of the Money folks that this may be done...

Outlook 2000 Mapi Spooler
My messages don't always leave my outbox very quickly. In some cases, the message sits there until I send another and then it sends the new message and an older one but it will only send two at a time. I have recently updated to SR-1 and can't seem to figure it out. Any suggestions? Scott ...

Outlook Express 6
Somehow, my Outlook Express has become infested with AOL Instant Messaging (AIM). AIM wants to boot up whenever I call up Outlook Express. Anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of it? Thanks! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.wi...

How do I use a guest list to create labels and invitations?
I am trying to create a party list such as a wedding list. Then I want to use that list to 1) print mailing labels 2) send a list of the people for the calligrapher to type the envelopes. Lisaparty, use a separate column for each data item First name, Last names, address, City, State, Zip then you can do a mail merge with word. I would think that the calligrapher could take the list that you make in excel and use it to do the envelopes. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.m...

Cannot send mails through Outlook
Good Day, Our Exchange 2003 Server with Service Pack 1 on a Server 2003 machine without Service Pack 1 is on the fritz. We were having problems with the SMTP protocol not responding after an hour or so and decided to try to replicate the server to a new server on the network. The server was installed and we tried to use Vertitas Backup Exec 9.1 to restore a backup of our Exchange First Information Store to that server. Veritas errored out saying that: "Restore - \\CARLMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Error: The database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) must be creat...

Excel
I'm charting a few investments. I want a simple line that goes up and down for the value, and that's easy to do. But how do I get the chart to display specific years (not days and months) across the bottom of the chart? Seth - Do you have a time-scale axis? Go to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab, and see what's checked for Category Axis. Check Time Scale and continue. Double click on the axis. On the Scale tab, Major Unit should be in years. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...

connectionStrings and appSettings have a predefined place in config file
Hi! I'm reading a section in a book from Microsoft Press called .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0 Application Development Foundation. about Installing and Configuring Application. In the book that I'm reading it says that I hope somebody might explain. "Other common settings are configuration values that are already defined for you by the .NET Framework. Thet comprise two primary sections, connectionStrings and appSettings. In many ways, these configuration values are used identically to any other configuration component; however they do contain some nuance that give them dist...

Distribution list error
One of my users was trying to add a distribution list containing 107 members in a Public Folder. She received an error saying "This distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. No new members could be added." There were a total of 105 that were entered. We're running Exchange 2003 on a dual-Xeon Dell server in a 2 server cluster. I have approx. 200Gb of free space on the shared drive where I have the Information Store. Is there a limit to the size of a distribution list? Thanks...... -steve You were adding a Personal Distributio...

Outlook Slow & Errors
When I close Outlook2000 I keep getting this error message. "Program C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office]Outlook.exe" I'm using Office 2000 Prof ed, with Wind2k. Also, its real slow loading from one click to the next. A lot of time outs waiting for download of emails. HAd been working fine a couple of weeks ago, but steadily getting worse. Rest of computer seems fine, except when Outlook locks up. How do I correct? ...

Outlook 2007 Incoming Mail Attachment Porblem
Whenever my friend send me an attachment in Japanese File Name, I can open them in Word, Excel or Powerpoint, but nothing is in there... They are always blanc. But if I forward the e-mail to my MSN account with the attachment, I can open them no problem... So this is not the problem on Excel or Word. And I can even forward the same e-mail and open the attachments. So maybe there is some sort of security feature from Outlook preventing those files to open? Bu I can not crack down on the exact solution... There are no problems what so ever for English tittled attachments. ...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Providing help for a template
Hi, I have a template which is not that easy to use, so I need to show some help to users - what is the best way of doing this. It should be something that is not modal, as it should stay visible as the user works..... Regards Bo Rasmussen Bo, You can use Data - Validation. Leave the "Allow" box set to "Any value." Put instructions in the Input Box, and they'll pop up like comments when the cell is selected. Or use cell comments (right-click, Insert comment). They'll pop up when the mouse hovers over the cell. Modeless UserForms (Excel 2000 and beyond) can...

No Banks listed
I upgraded to 2006 today, and in the set up accounts, i am not getting bank lists to pick my bank. all i get is "this is not available at the time, check back later" how do i correct this. I get it all the time. any ideas guys?? ...

forward email form one outlook 2007 profile to another
I am a google apps sync user and when my email comes into Outlook it goes into the apps profile inbox. Maybe some of you are aware of the problem with google apps in that you cannot change the "From" field in outgoing mail. For example: my wife and I are a Realtor team, our domain is xxx.com. Our account email address in google apps is PamandBruce@xxx.com When an email is sent from the apps profile in Outlook 2007, it shows as coming from just my name and this apparently cannot be changed. Can I create a new profile in Outlook 2007, have the mail from the google app...

How do you sort a multi-column list by rows?
I'm a worship leader, I need to create an index for the songs in my notebook. I'm using Excel (I'm an absolute beginner, just got it yesterday) and need to know how to sort a list with several columns (song title, tempo etc.) by any one of the columns and keep the rows intact. Thanks 4 the help. If I understood your problem correctly, this should help, at least a bit. Select ONE cell in the column you want to sort by. Then click on a button in the toolbar, it should say AZ and an arrow downwards. To do an ascending sort, click the button with and arrow upwards. If you don&...

Outlook Express #71
I am unable to click on .pdf documents that people are sending me in Outlook EXpress. This is just happening all of a sudden, I never had a problem before. I have Adobe 5.0 and 4.0 and have no problems converting documents into that and sending them. When I click on the 'paperclip' to get the attachment, they show up in page grey and I can't click on it. "Jeanette Besharat" <JBESHARAT@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:001401c3aada$dacc7250$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable to click on .pdf documents that people are > sending me in Outlook EXpress. Thi...

predefined subject for new task
Hi: I would like to know if there is a way to predefine a subject for a new task, on other applications when you try to schedule a new task you can select it from a combo list box or write it at the moment, but on MS CRM when you try define a new task you need to write it always. Please, if you know how to do it, let me know. Thanks in advance ...