Power field - "mail merge" question

Hi,
I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE.
I have a message that says:
........ (company name)...............
I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately).
However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email.
I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message based
on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above).
Is this possible and if so how???
Tx a lot.
Sat

0
saturnin02

Sue, Tx for your reply.
I cannot actually use it with Word.
I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go
through an online directory and copy the email address from there....
I cannot convert the html online directory to a usable database
unfortunately.
Any other suggestions...?
Tx,

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> The best way to handle this is to actually use Word's mail merge feature
to construct your mailing.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
>       for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>       http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "saturnin02" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE.
> > I have a message that says:
> > ........ (company name)...............
> > I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately).
> > However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email.
> > I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message
based
> > on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above).
> > Is this possible and if so how???
> > Tx a lot.
> > Sat

0
saturnin02
6/16/2004 9:35:53 PM
If you have to copy and paste anyway, why not copy into an Excel worksheet or even a csv file that you could use with a standard document and mail merge? Or do you send just one message today, one tomorrow, and so consider mail merge to be overkill?
--

"saturnin02" wrote:

> Sue, Tx for your reply.
> I cannot actually use it with Word.
> I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go
> through an online directory and copy the email address from there....
> I cannot convert the html online directory to a usable database
> unfortunately.
> Any other suggestions...?
> Tx,
>
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> > The best way to handle this is to actually use Word's mail merge feature
> to construct your mailing.

> > "saturnin02" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am doing a mailing using Outlook 2002, Win XP HE.
> > > I have a message that says:
> > > ........ (company name)...............
> > > I manually put the company name in there (unfortunately).
> > > However it appears also in separate places later-on in the email.
> > > I would like to have it automatically update later-on in the message
> based
> > > on what I manually input for the 1st instance of it (as above).
> > > Is this possible and if so how???

0
suemvp (4038)
6/16/2004 10:05:01 PM
Sue,
I can do the former but have to do the latter on an ongoing basis so I need
a solution for the latter.
Is there a way then?

> If you have to copy and paste anyway, why not copy into an Excel worksheet
or even a csv file that you could use with a standard document and mail
merge? Or do you send just one message today, one tomorrow, and so consider
mail merge to be overkill?
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
>       for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>       http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>
> "saturnin02" wrote:
>
> > Sue, Tx for your reply.
> > I cannot actually use it with Word.
> > I do not have a list of contacts for this particular one but have to go
> > through an online directory and copy the email address from there....
> > I cannot convert the html online directory to a usable database
> > unfortunately.
> > Any other suggestions...?
> > Tx,
> >
> > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> > > The best way to handle this is to actually use Word's mail merge
feature
> > to construct your mailing.

> > based

0
saturnin02

Field "E-mail 2" in CRM user setting for??
I am not sure what field E-mail 2 of user setting is for? Just entry or be used by system? Please advise. Email 2 is not used by the system. If you don't want it, remove it from the form "SP" <SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0D5156E-BFC1-4D5C-BB3C-685477DB0695@microsoft.com... >I am not sure what field E-mail 2 of user setting is for? Just entry or be > used by system? Please advise. It is used by the system when email is promoted from Outlook or from the Exchange connector This field is used when attempting to resolve email address...

I need to query the field name of "true" value out of 3 fields
On a dental screening form for kindergardeners, I have 3 fields (Class I Cavities, Class II Cavities, Class III Cavities) with True/False datatype (check box on form). In any given record, all three fields may be False (no cavaties...) however no more than one can be True, (when cavaties are present, are you with me?) My question is this. How can I set up a query that tells me only the one field name where value is "True", so I can build it into a report for each kid? I didn't design this database. If I had I would have made one field called "Severity", with ...

new to IMAP
OL 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 hi, i am new to IMAP. 1) i set up 1 email account and saw that OL creates a pst file just for that account--which i find weird. 2) then i saw that OL stores the "sent" items in folder "sent" local folders....weird. 3) then i had a problem as i chose to connect thru SSL with this error message appearing: "the server u r connected to is using a security certificate that cd not be verified. a certif chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. do u want to continue to using this server?...

Pivot table - value field settings
Is there a way to set the value field to a default, like SUM versus COUNT? Having to redo this on every single value in the pivot table is irritating . .. . help! Thanks! Hi It is a function of the data that is held within the field. If ALL the data is numeric, then the PT will default to Sum. If ANY of the data is Text OR Blank, then the PT will default to Count. Perhaps your source range is set larger than the actual data set, to allow for more entries. In this scenario, you will always get a default of Count. If that is the case, then either use Data>List in XL20...

Question about Cell Borders
I need to be able to set a default cell border style, thickness and color, such that when the Border button on the Format toolbar is clicked, that border will be consistently applied to the selected cells. Is there any way to permanently change the border produced by the toolbar button. Thanks Kevin I don't know of any way to reliably do what you're after. However, a better solution would be to create a new toolbar button and attach a macro that you record (Tools/Macros/Record new macro) applying the border style, thickness and color that you want. In article <C4FC8DC5-C...

Alternate row shade by change in key field
I have several columns of data and want to alternate the row shad whenever the contents of the first column changes. For example, row 1-3 refer to item 1, 4-5 to item 2, and 6-10 to item 3, I would lik rows 1-3 shaded gray, 4-5 white, and 6-10 gray, and so on. Before I write one, does anyone know if Excel has a built in functio for this? Creating logical groups using shading seems basic enough tha I must be missing something. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following: - Assumption: your item ID is in column A - select your rows of interest (assumption: y...

Customizing Fields in a Form
right now we have a "tax" field in each product that calculates a total tax to be placed in the Order form "Tax Total" field on the General Tab. This "Tax Total" field can not be edited freely. I would like to change that field to be able to input the tax manually instead of having it calculate from the products. Is this possible, and how? Otherwise I will need to add a "manual Tax" field, but again how do I make it calculate into the Order Total? Yes, one alternative is to create your own custom total tax field and place it in the order for...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

Pay rate effective date field location
I am working on some Crystal Reports and Smart Lists for our HR manager. She would like to see the date an employee's pay rate became effecive for their current pay rate. I have not been able to find that particular field in any of the paycode or employee master tables. Can anyone point me to the payroll table and field name which has this information? Thanks! mike... ------=_NextPart_0001_0940C759 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Mike, This is Terry. I can help with your Human Resource/Payroll question. If you have the human resource module, whe...

Report Visible Question!
If the text box on my Report [tbCashSale] (text) has a word in it I want tbAccountName to be Invisible but if [tbCashSale] has no word in it I want it to be visible Thanks For any Help............Bob tbAccountName.Visible = Len([tbCashSale] & vbNullString) < 0 Try a text box with Control Source like this: =IIf([tbCashSale] Is Null, [tbAccountName], Null) Note that the Name property of this text box must be the same as a field name (e.g. it cannot be tbCashSale or tbAccountName.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://a...

Money 99
Hi, I've got a task to migrate old MS Money data to a newer version (99 to 2005). Money is Microsoft Money 99 version 7.0 Standard Edition. I've tried to upgrade the files, but didn't have luck with it (used MS Money 2001 trial). I've read in the forums that I have to have the same market version in order the version upgrade will suceed. How can I determine weather it's International or US or Canadian or whichever edition? How can I find the trial in the same edition? (can I get those trials officialy somewhere) Is there easier way to solve this problem? Thank yo...

Global Field to a window
Hi, I am trying to add a global field to a windows, namely SOP_Entry, and the field is ORIGINAL DOCUMENT NUMBER. But the system doesn't allow me to edd these fields to the window. The AutoLinkTable property of the WIndow is set to none, and cannot be changed Please advice, on how to add a global field in this case Thanks in advance Sajid Saeed You would need to either use Dexterity to create an alternate window or use VBA to populate a local field with this value from the table. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions...

Why is the Company field blank?
In Outlook 2007 and in All Contact Items window. I then do a search for a contact name or a company name. The results do appear but the column "Company" does not have any content despite this field being filled in each contact. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? regards, Beemer It's a new one to me... does it happen if you reset the view? The table views I tested seem to work ok but there is definitely weirdness with searches in the new business card view though - some fail until I open and resave a contact from the company I'm searching for, then ...

Force combo box selection before moving off field
I've searched through the group but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Using 2000 ... I have a combo box on a form. The row source is a simple query. The control source is a long integer (link to an autonumber). Form is based on a table. I don't want the user to be able to move off the CB (combo box) unless they select something from the list (or type in a new item). I've tried making the control source required in the table. This won't let them move off the RECORD until they do something in the CB. I want them stopped at the CB. I set up...

Suming fields in queries
I have a query that has the fields; ID, DATE and QUANTITY all from same table. What I want to do is to display the total for each ID when I run the query i.e. what I have currently is ID DATE QUANTITY 1 13/06/07 12 1 14/06/07 25 2 15/06/07 12 3 15/06/07 18 4 15/06/07 78 what I want to be displayed when the query runs is ID DATE QUANTITY 1 13/06/07 57 2 15/06/07 12 3 15/06/07 18 4 1...

several questions about CRM3.0
Hi all, I have several questions about CRM3.0. 1 - Is it possible to add a link to a web page in the workplace area? 2 - Is it possible to change the tabulation order in the records forms? 3 - Is it possible to create a deferred send of emails (for a marketing campaign for example)? 4 - In the knowledge base, is it possible to add attachments (like a file) to an article? 5 - Is it possible to customize the list view of records - for example leads - ? I would like to display the total number of leads in a selected view: not only for the actual page. 6 - I would like to add more conta...

Emial routing question
We've been told that CRM cannot route internal to internal emails only external to internal even though there is an Exchange component. Is this true? If not, how is the internal to internal routing done? Thanks in advance frankm The Exchange Router only interogates inbound SMTP traffic. As a result, it will not see internal email. I remember someone talking on the group awhile back about using some sort of routing rules and another Exchange box outside the firewall to force some routing, but not sure how it was done. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Automate From Field
Hi all I posted this last week but it seems MS deleted a load of its forums, including the VBA one I'd posted to :-(. So here goes again... From MS Access 2003, I have a routine in code that automates an email. I can autofill the To, cc, subject, body field etc but now I need to also send from a different user using the 'From' field. I tried adding this in the same way to my code using: .from but it seems this is not a supported method? I receive and Access error 438: Object does not support this property of method. Please can any one tell me if this is po...

form highlight field question
I have a continuous sub-form that the user can select the vendors categories from a standard list (this list is created from a seperated table), or type in something else (not forced to pick from the list). I was wondering, on my form, can the fields that match the "standard list" be highlighted after they have been selected. kinda like conditional formating, but there is like 50 standard categories that if picked i would like to be highlighted. the conditional formating is only allowing 3 unless there is a way to put an if then statement or a OR statement to allow...

CAL questions
1) if I already have say 50 CALs for windows 2000 and I am about to setup a new windows server 2003 machine (within the same domain), do I need to get new CALs? 2) similar to number 1, if I already have 50 Exchange 2000 CALs and I am about to upgrade that to Exchange 2003 do I have to get new exch 2003 CALs? 3) I remember for 2k these could be applied either 'per server' or 'per seat'. Now I see 'per device' or 'per user'? Just new names for the same thing? a brief explanation of these would be very much appreciated, if anyone is feeling so inclined to b...

What fields are required?
What fields are required for Sales Order Processing on the sales transaction screen of Dynamics GP 9.0? We are looking to modify the form but would like to know what fields are required (I know batch id and customer id are required)? Thanks! Try Tools -> Setup -> User Preferences -> Display Button -> There is a Required fields drop down box. Put a color on the required fields so that you may know visually the required fields. ---Darryl Bajaro "esf1999" wrote: > What fields are required for Sales Order Processing on the sales transaction > screen of Dyn...

Exchange mail routing question
We have a problem concerning Exchange mail routing, and I hope to be able to find some advises here. We use multiple parallel mail systems in the company, with messages being delivered to all systems simultaneously. Users can connect to either system (depending on the client, e.g. desktop, laptop, or PDA) and still read their messages. To accomplish this, we use an internal SMTP namespace @exchange.company.com for our Exchange environment, and different external namespace @company.com for general e-mail. There is an SMTP connector configured pointing to an external smart host. The underlying ...

power of ten?
Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). Thanks, Jim Use superscript. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jim K." <grinmonger@aol.com> wrote in message news:369c9f8b-adaa-4196-a071-7a44a4dac843@t26g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to write "powers of ten" in Publisher 2002? (ie how to > express "10 to the 80th power" in the traditional way). > Thanks, Jim...

Linking word and power point
How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow running, my word document is always on the correct page of the document? This newsgroup/forum is for Microsoft Access Databases. You should post this question in a Word or Powerpoint newsgroup/forum to get the correct help. This is a Microsoft Access database forum. Try the Word or Power Point forums. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "EdwinKania" wrote: > How do I link word and powerpoint so that when I have a slideshow ru...

Derived Field
I'd like to add a derived field to this situation: Parent Table : Shipments (pk)Shipment_No Shipment_Date Shipment_Size ....other fields... Child Table : Shipment_Inspection Shipment_No (connected field) Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment) ....other fields... I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of the shipment that is Good. Thanks! ...