Possible to set up a timer in Outlook?

I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear.  Then, when I
acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until a
certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder.

In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of day, I'd
like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain amount of time
has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last reminder.

Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook?

Thanks for any answers or suggestions.
0
Schuh

Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote:

> I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear.  Then, when I
> acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until
> a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder.
>
> In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of
> day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain
> amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last
> reminder.
>
> Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook?

Won't the snooze option work for you?
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote:
>
>> I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear.  Then, when I
>> acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until
>> a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder.
>>
>> In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of
>> day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain
>> amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last
>> reminder.
>>
>> Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook?
>
> Won't the snooze option work for you?

Thanks for the response.

Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't allow me to set a custom time, just pick
from a drop-down list of common times.  I can tell it to remind me again in
8 hours, or in half a day, but not in 10 1/2 hours, for instance.
0
Schuh
11/10/2006 10:22:31 PM
You can type in what you want in the field.  For example, 10.5 hours or 0.5
days.

HTH

Bob

"Schuh is my hero" <no@mail> wrote in message
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in news:OEFQGKPBHHA.3536
> @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
>
>> Schuh is my hero <no@mail> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to have one of Outlook's reminders appear.  Then, when I
>>> acknowlege it, I would like Outlook to, in effect, 'count down' until
>>> a certain period of time has elapsed, then pop up another reminder.
>>>
>>> In short, rather than a reminder that occurs at a specific time of
>>> day, I'd like a recurring reminder that only appears when a certain
>>> amount of time has elapsed after I manually acknowlege the last
>>> reminder.
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to set up such a thing in Outlook?
>>
>> Won't the snooze option work for you?
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't allow me to set a custom time, just pick
> from a drop-down list of common times.  I can tell it to remind me again
> in
> 8 hours, or in half a day, but not in 10 1/2 hours, for instance.

0
bob5987 (7)

backup emails/settings
If I want to backup all my messages and everything... ie if I was going to reformat or something C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook All I need to do is copy this folder and point to these .pst files on the new installation right? Now what about backup up connection settings and rules? I only have 1 email account setup so if I had to it wouldn't be hard to set that up manually. "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u9Zn4B9mHHA.4428@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I want to backup all my messages and everythi...

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

setting default fonts
Does anyone know how to set the default font type and size in Publisher 2002 so that all new text boxes use the designated font? Thanks! Visit my website at http://www.mvps.org/publisher and go to the add-ins section and download the default text box add-in. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cindy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036401c3daf7$d5e381a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone kn...

Outlook Client Problem
i had installed outlook client to a user that was local administrator. when the user is no longer a local administrator the "outlook client add in" is disabled. does the user have to be a local administrator? ...

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

Is it possible

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

Personal Folders in OWA

outlook mail logging
I have turned on "Enable Mail Logging" in my outlook2002. But I only got the below entry in my opmlog.log file: 2003.10.14 18:24:03 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2003.10.14 18:24:03 Resource manager terminated What do i need to configure further to see more detail log of outlook communication? Thanks Vic ...

shortcut to locations outside of Outlook
Following did not occur in migration. How do you create shortcut to location outside of Outlook ? • Any shortcuts that you previously added to the Outlook Bar for files or locations outside of Outlook, such as Microsoft Word files or Web sites, are automatically migrated to the Shortcuts pane in the Navigation Pane. Shortcuts to Outlook folders will also be automatically migrated to the corresponding pane. For example, a calendar shortcut will be added to the Calendar pane. Public folder shortcuts now display in the Favorites folder under Public Folders in the Folder List pane. myer...

Can I program Excel cells to change colour at a set date?
I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 Use a conditional format. For instane you might format as yellow, then set a conditional format based on the formula =TODAY()>=datecell to apply the green color. Jerry sunflowermurray wrote: > I want certain cells to change from yellow to green when a date contained > within those cells is reached. Excel version 2003 ...

CListCtrl Setting the Focus to a Row through Code
Hi i am taken a dialog based application. on the dialog i placed CListCtrl.i added 3 cols and 10 row to the list control. the first column is Checkbox. On the dialog box i placed two Buttons with captions "Next" and "Previous". when i run my application, when i Press "Next" Button the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the next row.and when i press "Previous" the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the previous row. i am using nItem=5; m_ListCtrl.SetItemState( nItem, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED ); it...

Unable to set up Outlook 2002
Outlook is not listed as a program in the Internet Explorer Options. If I select used Outlook as default I still receive the error. I think that I need to set my internet options e-mail program to Outlook which is not listed as a choice. Does anybody know how to fix this?? Thank you ...

Picture in Outlook 2003 Email also sent as an attachment
Hi, i am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. Word 2003 is my email editor. HTML is my format. When I insert a picture in the body of an email, the picture is seen in the sent email but the sent email also includes an attachment file for the picture. How do I stop Outlook from attaching this picture file? Thanks! ...

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

outlook 2000 over vpn
I have a user who is connecting to outlook over a vpn connection to our exchange 5.5 server. He is having problems while receiving microsoft excel attachments. Once he tries to open the attachment his outlook client crashes. The attachment is approx 1.5mb in size. Is the size a problem, or is it something else that could be causing the problem? Make sure you have all of the latest patches/updates on the exchange server, and also make sure the user has all of the latest updates for Microsoft Office. My users connect through a Win2k VPN and use Outlook to connect to Exchange 2000 Serv...

Recommendations, Please: Inexpensive PDA/handheld for Syncing Outlook 2000/2003
I need to purchase a PDA to sync with Outlook 2000 on one system and Outlook 2003 on the other system. As well as using it to sync the two Outlooks, I'd also like it to be a useful PDA. There is an application I may use that requires Palm OS 4.1 or higher. However, this isn't crucial. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Peter D <please@.sk> wrote: > I need to purchase a PDA to sync with Outlook 2000 on one system and > Outlook 2003 on the other system. As well as using it to sync the two > Outlooks, I'd also like it to be a useful PDA. There is an > applic...

Outlook 2007 Standard Mail Folders
I am using Outlook 2007 to email using an IMAP account. Everything works fine at this point, but I seem to be unable to define standard folders: For example, I can assign what folder is used to store sent mail, however, I am unable to do the same with a junk mail folder (I have on on the IMAP server for that called "SPAM" rather than "Junk Email" and I am unable to rename it), deleted items folder, or saved drafts folder. It always wants to default to the Personal Folder that some standard with Outlook. Along the same lines, I am unable to designated my IMAP account as th...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...