Possible to have a shared and private outlook?

In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a
shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and
still have their own individual calendars?

Bill wrote:
> In an office environment, is it possible for co-workers to use a
> shared version of outlook with commonly updatable calendar entries and
> still have their own individual calendars?

Yes, but you'll really need Exchange server for that. Look at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/default.mspx.

0
lanwench (7567)

Is it possible

How do I delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook?
I use Outlook 2002 (SP3) that came with Windows Mobile 2003 running on a Vista Home Premium box. Is there a way to delete all appointments/calendar items from Outlook at once? It would be almost ippossibe to delete every appointment/calendar item one by one. When I have to delete and recreate a partnership to my pocket pc I have double of every appointment. If I can delete all appointments/calendar items in outlook 2002 I can quickly/easily reestablish all the correct appointments/calendar items from a backup. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook 2002. After completel...

I want gmail to open automatically in Outlook 2003
I have XP Home Edition. Gmail is my only email account in Outlook 2003, and I would like to rig things so that the inbox of gmail comes up automatically upon starting Outlook. Can I do this? Sure. tools, options, other tab, advanced options - start up in this folder option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTE...

Outlook Client Problem
i had installed outlook client to a user that was local administrator. when the user is no longer a local administrator the "outlook client add in" is disabled. does the user have to be a local administrator? ...

Outlook Forms????
I created a form, however, there is a message page, with the To:, From: ect. & a Page 2. I really don't want the form to be 2 pages. How can I get everything onto the message page. This way a user does not have to click the P2 tab to fill in the form. Cut and paste the controls on Page 2 to the main message page. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue...

Outlook 2003 duplicate remover
Has anyone used any of the apps. or add-ins for removing duplicates from "all" folders? Can anyone recommend a particlar package? MS Outlook 2003 / xp 2002 sp3 Thanks -- Bru http://forums.slipstick.com ...

VBA
Greetings, I have used VBA before for Excel based Macros but never with Outlook. I am using Outlook 2003 & I know I can access certain network folders via the Outlook browser field. We have hundreds of projects all stored in seperate folders withing a networked location (not Outlook folders but Windows directories). Each project folder has a unique 15 character name. I regularly receive emails on these various projects and need to quickly access that specific folder and it's data. I want to create a Macro that can open a folder within this windows directory depending on the first 15...

Conditional formatting on book shared
Hi, I know when a book is shared, conditional formatting is unavailable but is there any way to get (or see) the conditions of this cell ? thanks in advance loparqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you copy the cell and paste into a new workbook's worksheet and look at the CF there? "loparque <" wrote: > > Hi, > I know when a book is shared, conditional formatting is unavailable, > but is there any way to get (or see) the conditions of this cell ? > > thanks in advance > > loparque > > --- > Message posted from ...

Unable to remove sharing permission for object that has been delet
Hi, I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on Active directory. According to KB 896082, there is a hotfix for this issue which is covered on KB 904435. However there is a guidance in order to activate the hotfix for issue 896082. Could someone help me with this issue? Thanks Carrie Correction. In KB 904435, there is no instruction on how to manually activate hotfix 896082. Can someone help me ASAP? Thx, Carrie "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > I am unable to remove sharing permission from user that has been deleted on > Active direct...

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

Personal Folders in OWA

outlook mail logging
I have turned on "Enable Mail Logging" in my outlook2002. But I only got the below entry in my opmlog.log file: 2003.10.14 18:24:03 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2003.10.14 18:24:03 Resource manager terminated What do i need to configure further to see more detail log of outlook communication? Thanks Vic ...

Picture in Outlook 2003 Email also sent as an attachment
Hi, i am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. Word 2003 is my email editor. HTML is my format. When I insert a picture in the body of an email, the picture is seen in the sent email but the sent email also includes an attachment file for the picture. How do I stop Outlook from attaching this picture file? Thanks! ...

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

Outlook inbox empty
I have a laptop using MS Exchange in our office. I set up a profile to allow the laptop to be used outside the office. When I logged in to the server using the network login profile, all Outlook data was there except the inbox which had become empty. I cannot find any trace of the mails it contained on any of the folders on the laptop. Any ideas on where the inbox contents might be located appreciated! Any views or filters applied "Shea ullen" <shea@cullensolicitors.ie> wrote in message news:031f01c36030$cc8598b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a laptop using MS Excha...

OEM Outlook 2000 & Exchange
Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange Server 2003? Windows 2000 Professional SP4 -- Andre http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm Yes, just make sure you pick Corporate/Workgroup mode. "Andre Da Costa" <andred25@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uG6m1lqHFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does the OEM version of Outlook 2000 support connecting to a Exchange > Server 2003? > > Windows 2000 Professional SP4 > > -- > > Andre > http://spaces...

Create Web Share
Hi Gurus, I know how to create shared folder. But don't have any idea how to create a web share. I'll appreciate any help/suggestion I get. Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: >Hi Gurus, >I know how to create shared folder. >But don't have any idea how to create a web share. Hi Dan, If I understand this correctly, you should be able to create a share like you usually do on a server that has IIS and then you can reference it via a URL, such as http:\\servername\sharename HTH, Michael I need to create the web share using vb.net. Thanks, Dan "m...

outlook 2000 over vpn
I have a user who is connecting to outlook over a vpn connection to our exchange 5.5 server. He is having problems while receiving microsoft excel attachments. Once he tries to open the attachment his outlook client crashes. The attachment is approx 1.5mb in size. Is the size a problem, or is it something else that could be causing the problem? Make sure you have all of the latest patches/updates on the exchange server, and also make sure the user has all of the latest updates for Microsoft Office. My users connect through a Win2k VPN and use Outlook to connect to Exchange 2000 Serv...

Outlook restores old email servers when closed?
I had an old copy of Outlook which I updated to 2002. Everytime I close outlook, the email pop address reverts back to some old server. I have tried everything I can think of, including deleting the old program in it's entirety and reinstalling new one...help anyone? Thank you. Try removing the POP mail account, and re-adding it? Bruce Monteith wrote: > I had an old copy of Outlook which I updated to 2002. > Everytime I close outlook, the email pop address reverts > back to some old server. I have tried everything I can > think of, including deleting the old program i...

Outlook "sent items" empties when Outlook is closed
New items placed by Outlook in the "Sent Items" folder are not there when Outlook is restarted. Also Outlook sends me a copy of the messages that I send in the "inbox" folder (it appers just after I hit "send"). Windows XP, Office 2007 with Outlook Connector. ...

winmail.dat between Outlook Clients
We have been experiencing users within our exchange organization forwarding attachments to each other being converted to winmail.dat. These emails do not use the IMC on our exchange 2003 server, and are either Outlook 2003 Basic or Pro. Not all documents get converted to winmail.dat and forward correctly - some are .DOC and some are .PDF (what they mostly send to each other). One common denominator is that it seems to be "forwarded" messages containing original attachments (however, not all forwarded messages with attachments will be received as winmail.dat). Anyone experience t...

Outlook 2003 with BCM
Our tech department had ran a beta of office outlook 2003 with business contact manager (a part of the MSDN download). We have backed up our business contacts through the BCM export that made a *.msbcm file. My question is, what does it take to import that data back into BCM as the import tool with outlook 2003 wants a *.bcm and will not accept the *.msbcm. Changing the extension does not help either. Thanks in advanced! ...