Populate a .eml file

Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By this I
mean, could I have outlook
1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me and
2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database or
excel spreadsheet?

Thanks, Ike

0
rxv (26)

It sounds like you are talking about a mail merge, and no, you cannot run
one unattended.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

Ike <rxv@hotmail.com> asked:

| Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By
| this I mean, could I have outlook
| 1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me
| and
| 2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database
| or excel spreadsheet?
|
| Thanks, Ike

0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/30/2003 4:55:28 PM
But can I do one from, say Excel? From a remote MySQL database? Thanks, Ike

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> wrote in message
> It sounds like you are talking about a mail merge, and no, you cannot run
> one unattended.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
> Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
> reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer
> Ike <rxv@hotmail.com> asked:
>
> | Is it possible to use mail merge in a .eml file using outlook? By
> | this I mean, could I have outlook
> | 1.Automatically email, say, ten different addresses, unattended by me
> | and
> | 2. Populate fields within the body of the email, based on a database
> | or excel spreadsheet?
> |
> | Thanks, Ike

0
rxv (26)

File on network drive is renamed to random when saved...
Excel 2000. When the user saves a spreadsheet that is stored on a network share the original file is deleted and replaced by an 8 digit random filename. I know that Excel saves to a temp file first and then renames it, so it looks like its not renaming the temp file. Checked permissions to the shared directory and able to delete and rename files. Tried this on another user who has Excel 2003 and this problem no longer exists !!!! Any solution? (Apart from the expensive one of upgrading to Office 2003!) The other common thing that gets blamed is the antivirus software. Can you disable t...

How do I correct missing msvcr80.dll file?
I cannot open Outlook. I get a message telling me I am missing my MSVCR80.dll file. I have tried reloading the program, and the file is on the CD, but cannot get it attached. Same thing happens when I try to use Outlook for email. ...

Can you convert a Publisher (2002) file into a PDF file?
Yes, you can with the help of Acrobat or other thrid party programs. And please use the body instead of the header to post questions. Thank you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Joni" <Joni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A58FCBC-B14A-4867-8687-42B56B38EC7B@microsoft.com... > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 - Release Date: 9/24/2004 "Joni" wrote: Can you convert a Publisher (2002) file into a PDF file? =============...

map file
Hello, everyone: Refering to link http://www.codeproject.com/debug/mapfile.asp, a map file of a program may help us to find crash information. Unfortunately, while releasing product I didnot generate a map file for the program. And now, user has found the program crashed at the instruction 0x00441fda. Now I try to generate a map file with that source code. My problem is: Is the map file now I will get is the same as that I should have generated while releasing the progrma? And how about listing files? Thanks Eric ...

Money '98 and .ofx file redux
I got a reply from "SG" who said he had the plug-in to allow Money 98 to handle .ofx files. Said he was sending it but didn't. Does anyone else hve this that he/she would share with me? I can't use my download from Royal Bank otherwise. Thank you. -- The spam has finally gotten to me so I've corrupted the address above. Try 'yahoo'. Take a look at http://money.mvps.org/patches.htm - there is an OFX patch there for Money 98. Can you confirm it's the correct one if it works please (Email is fine). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://mo...

Backing Up Outlook Files #2
Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another computer. Please assist!!! http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm is a good place to read about this. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Muhammad Yusuf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3b457$0a972d60$a101280a@phx.gbl... | Hi I would like to know how I could back up my Outlook | files and folders, so that I can trnsfer them to another | computer. | | Please assi...

virus scanner is preventing files from opening
After installation of the Symantec Antivirus client on two XP machines running Office 2003, both systems will not load Excell files -- even ones created, then saved! The information I get is that the virus scanner has detected a problem with a file. What can I do to resolve this?? To check whether the problem is corruption of the files or not, you could switch off (functions of) the virrusscanner and then open your file. But only ofcourse if you are sure that the virusscanner isn't right. -- Regards, Auk Ales * Please reply to this newsgroup only * * I will not react on unsol...

E000XXX.log file
Do anyone knows how to remove E000XXX.log automatically? Thanks in advance Jena Use an Exchange aware backup program to backup your server. "Jean" wrote: > Do anyone knows how to remove E000XXX.log automatically? > > Thanks in advance > Jena > > > Or enable circular logging. Read about cirrcualr logging before enabling it. That is bad idea, except in cases where you do not care about data. Anwarice wrote: > Or enable circular logging. Read about cirrcualr logging before > enabling it. -- Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how ...

importing .pst file #2
I recently tried to import "outlook.pst" from one computer running Office 2003 to another running same. I imported "archive.pst" w/ no problem. When I attempt to import "outlook.pst", I get an error message that says one or more parameters are invalid. Can anyone help? Thanx http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx Try here I got some good answers.. Peace Michael H. "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11cee01c3f55d$47da0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I recently tried to import "outlook.p...

Importing an Excel file into Money
I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could download directly into Money (or Quicken) there is a monthly charge to do this. I don't want to use Money or Quicken to pay my bills, simply to organize my finances better. I am able to download my account data into Excel. Is there anyway I can import from Excel into Money? I tried doing this using the import feature, but nothing happened when I selected the Excel file and clicked import (no error messages or anything). In microsoft.public.money, Cruzin wrote: >I do my banking with Smith Barney. Although I could >...

Importing Tab files
Hello, Here's some odd behavior from Excel. I need to import a tab file with the following two requirements: req 1. Newlines within quotation marks are preserved as part of the record req 2. All fields are imported as text Now, if I do file->open and go through the import wizard, req 2 is met because I can select all fields and set them to text. However, it splits records at newlines within quotation marks no matter what I try. If, on the other hand, I drag and drop the tab file onto Excel, it preserves newlines, but there's no way (as far as I can tell) to force it to input ...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Populating Excel from CSV
Hello all, I need to know how to populate an Excel template with data from a external CSV file. Let's say I have this nice pretty colourful templat that is far more pleasing to the eye than the usual chunk of importe CSV data, what are some methods to populate it with data from a CS file?? Any ideas or suggestions or redirections would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance : -- AJMorgan59 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AJMorgan591's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2777 View this thread: http://www.ex...

file://./backofficestorage...
I need to enable access to file://./backofficestorage on my Exchange 2003 server. I remember a seeing an article on how to do that a while ago but I can't find it now. Thanks! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!! Also ensure that do file-level virus scanners are scanning M: drive Drive M Mapping to IFS Is Not Present by Default in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821836/en-us HTH -- James Whelan Rapid Response Engineer - Messaging Premier Field Engineering Microsoft United Kingdom Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup pu...

After compiled to MDE file, all AutoKeys won't work
Dear All,I have written an Access XP (2002) program that I used some function keys tocall the form, so I used AutoKeys at macro and made some function keys. WhenI run my program under Access, the function keys is working well. But afterI compiled to MDE file and run the mde file, all the function keys gone.Does anyone know Why? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank youDaryl...

office files on DFS share
Hello everyone, how does an office (excel) file behave if it is opened, edited ans saved on two different locations and then replicated to the central location through DFS? Is there any algorithm to ersolve conflicts? I could not find any whitepaper on this until now. Thank you. -- The sun is shining. ...

Sequence Not populated for the MO Numbers during Data Collection
When data collection is done for the MO Numbers by using the Data Collection Window under Manufaturing, the Sequnce look up does not show the whole list, it only shows NOTES, for the user to select and enter the necessary data. why does this happen in the case of some MO Numbers and in the others it shows all the sequnces as NOTES,MAKE READY, PRESS RUN, WASH UP, MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REWIND/INSPECTION, etc. Any information would be much appreciated -- Thanks AshaM It should show all of the router steps. Are some of your steps possibly marked to backflush labor? These steps would not...

Autocorrect file?
How do I find and transfer my AutoCorrect file from Office2007, running Windows 7, to another machine? I can't locate the file. I have done this before when running XP. Unformatted AutoCorrect entries are stored in an *.acl file (a separate file for each language installed). It should be in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Office folder. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "tobodoc" <tobodoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF92E110-F1E7-4F58-AF33-E3C6D7D72483@microsoft.com... > How do I find and transfer my AutoC...

Converting older "File As" Last, First contacts to new Default "File As" (First Last) order, all at once?
Hi, I have 500+ contacts, that were originally created with "File As" being Last, First. My new "File As" order is First Last. Is there a any way to select all my existing contacts and convert the older Last, First contacts to the new "File As", without going through them all one_by_one and doing it manually? TIA. Bill Burke http://www.adondo.net Hello Bill, you can use the Tool "ChangeNames" (http://www.marchert.de/redirect.php?location=software_cn) to change the order automatically. Peter -- Peter Marchert [EDP-Service Marchert] Homepage: htt...

folder is a read only file
I am trying to publish to the web. I go through all the steps and have done this several times. Lately I have not had any luck in get my edit sight posted. It comes back and tells me that it can't save the folder is marked as read only. I am using publisher 2003. think you inadvance Right-click the file, properties, clear "read only." Are you trying to upload from removable media? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "d54fj" <d54fj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91C29...

Excel opening with Visual Basiic File not Found Error?? Help!!!
When I open up Excel I am receiving an error message "Microsoft Visual Basic File not Found" when I hit help it tells me it is file not found error 53. Can anyone provide me some information on how I need to fix this problem. Help!!!! Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, See responses to similar questions from Tom Ogilvy http://tinyurl.com/9nubf and Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/829pc --- Regards, Norman "jbsand1001" <jbsand1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EAD2E6-E90E-4929-9368-0C96BCADC374@microsoft.com... > When I open up Exce...

Autoplay for Pictures Not Populated
I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For Video, Music and Mixed content the options are there but not for Pictures - it is just blank. I have tried running autofix.exe but this has not fixed it. Any ideas? Is this a Microsoft problem or has something else caused this? It worked fine until today. Thanks. Peachypumpkin wrote: > I inserted my XD card in to my card reader today and the autoplay > pop up window asking what I wanted Windows to do was blank. For > Video, Music and Mi...

How to email attached files
I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files. I am unable to send extra files with the DoCmd.SendObject function. Those somebody have a suggestion. Thank you -- Eric Hi Have a look at this http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ericb" wrote: > I need to send an email with attached files (not the da...

increased file size
Hello, I have a file in excel which was 919kb in size. I have processed a few changes (only basic changes - updating figures, nothing like adding in a pivot table or picture) and re save it. But the size now is 35mb and I really don’t know why. Has anybody got any ideas on how I could find out? -- Cheers If you copied and pasted anything from a web site, there may be hidden objects on the worksheets, that you unintentionally copied. You can also try to reset the used range, as described here: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Dan wrote: > Hello, I have a file in...

References to other Excel Files
Hi everybody! Our small business company (200 users) is about to migrate its current IT infrastructure into a new server and file system. This migration will affect a great many of our excel spreadsheets as they refer to other excel files and source and destination files will be moved into other network- paths. --> is there any way to replace existing static references (like "='F:\Controlling\fy2002\Average Sales Prices\[Average Prices Q1.xls]Average Price'!$E$15/$X$70") with both - UNC links (rather than the reference to a network- drive 'F:\) - and the n...