POP3 still not working

On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability
to download email messages. Repeated calls to support
have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6
weeks????? This is an email program!!!

Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage,
perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I
understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a
lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not
convinced anything is being done to fix it.

Way to go, Microsoft.
0
anonymous (74721)

Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working.  Way to go Microsoft.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bob Gaydos asked:

| On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability
| to download email messages. Repeated calls to support
| have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6
| weeks????? This is an email program!!!
|
| Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage,
| perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I
| understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a
| lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not
| convinced anything is being done to fix it.
|
| Way to go, Microsoft.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
8/27/2004 8:50:43 AM
Bob Gaydos <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability
> to download email messages. Repeated calls to support
> have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6
> weeks????? This is an email program!!!

This is not an Outlook or Outlook Express problem.  Both products continue
to work for millions of people.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/27/2004 4:42:44 PM
My Outlook never stopped working, me thinks the problem is on your end not
on Microsoft's, despite your temper tantrum.

> Bob Gaydos <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability
> > to download email messages. Repeated calls to support
> > have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6
> > weeks????? This is an email program!!!
>
> This is not an Outlook or Outlook Express problem.  Both products continue
> to work for millions of people.
> --
> Brian Tillman

I'm with you Bob.  My outlook doesn't work anymore
either.  No help from any of the Microsoft help sites.
Way to go Microsoft.

0
anonymous (74721)

MFC Application working in background.
Hi, I am fairly newbie to MFC, i would like to know if there is any way that my MFC Application works in background, no any form. I placed that code in InitInstance () but program crashes. I have an endless while loop for background working, Why i cant place that loop in InitInstance(). Any Idea? Thanks in advance Fahad Ashfaque fahad_ashfaque@yahoo.com Do you mean you want a GUI-less application that runs in the background - if so you should take a look at Windows Services. On the other hand if you mean you want to have an MFC app with a GUI 9that does a background task) then you ...

I send mail to someone but it's still in outbox (OutlookXP)
Hi I have 3 problem for ask someone 1.I send mail by reply mail or fw to someone,sometime mail is in outbox.Mail Cannnot send to recipient.Do you have any idea for fix it?I install service pack 1 and 2 of officeXP.My OS is Windows2000 Professional sp4. 2.I have 2 e-mail accout,first in exchange server 5.5,second in one ISP.I check mail in ISP by pop3.I get mail from someone that send on behalf of to me at ISP e-mail address by pop3 in LAN then I try reply and fw to him with my account in exchange server service but I cannot send it.It's still in outbox.If I connect to ISP and r...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

does IIS server effect the Outlook working
My outlook is working for incoming emails but not for outgoing emails. incoming= POP3 = port:110 Outgoing= SMTP = port: 80 iis server is using the same port no. 80 is it a problem Currently i am having .NET in my system does it affect Outlook work. I am using Godaddy server, incoming: mail.cybersoftdesigns.com outgoing: smtpout.securesrver.net Help me. Did you activate SMTP relay on your GoDaddy account? By the way, the ports GoDaddy supports is 25, 80, and 3535 for smtpout.secureserver.net. If the above question is a yes, give 3535 a shot. (By the way, I took this from http://help.g...

How do you set a repeating task in Outlook that works every day
I have tried every way I can figure out and I can not get tasks to work for setting a task to repeat every day at the same time. Example: A task is set as a repeating task every day at 10AM it works for a day or two then resets some way and then will not work. I configured it numerous ways and I can't get it to work. Do you set the task complete every day? I've got a recurring task to wake up my wife every day and it regenerates every day as long as I set the task complete every day. "MontyRP" <MontyRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E699916-31...

Unable to get a IF Function to work, Please Help
I need to take a total that is being pulled from another sheet to the sheet I am trying to get the if function to work. I am not sure if the IF function is what I really need to use. The following is an example of what I am trying to do: first work sheet shows the total 10.5 however, the factor for the totals that I need in the second work sheet has to be always at 8 ( how can I set the that second cell to pull from the 1st cell and make it to always total 8??? -- Thanks, Matt If I understand you correctly (and I'm not at all sure I do): put this in sheet2: =8 - Sheet1!A1 ...

Formula not working
I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Participants!P5:P439="Y"),--(Participants!K5:K439="Grey")--(Participants!J5:J439="L")) to find the number or team members who have qualified (Y), for a (L) large grey shirt. By sorting the list several ways and using countif, I know the answer is 8, but the above formula is returning 53. I have tried change the order of things, but I still get the wrong answer. Can anyone help? No rush!! Thanks Could it be that you lost a comma between the last two parts of your formula? NeedHelpFast wrote: > > I am using ...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

A search for $ in a formula use to work now it does not work
Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as to why it is not working now. Find/Replace won't find $256 if its 256 formatted to look like dollars. Use 256 instead. -- Gary''s Student "JuneJuly" wrote: > Using Find $256 on a column or columns in Excel, that contains formulas used > to work but now I am getting a message that says ...detected that your search > contains formatting symbols. Any Ideas as ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Works XP to Office 03
I have "Works" on a new computer. Can it be UPGRADED to "Office 2003" or do I have to purchase "Office 2003". John, You can't upgrade to Office 2003 with Works. You need to purchase the full version of Office 2003. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e5401c3e1c1$e6dc4980$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have "Works" on a new computer. Can it be UPGRADED > to "Office 2003" or do I have to pur...

Automatic calculation is not working
Hi, It seems that Excel is not calculating the workbook/sheets properly !!!!! If I hits F9 or Shift + F9 does not always calculate the cells !!! I tried to change the calculation modes (Automatic, manual) but nothing helps. When the problem occur the only way to calculate a cell is to enter the cell, hit F2 and then hit Enter. Somebody know what I change or if this is a bug on excel? Thanks in advanced Susan :( :( :( -- susang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ susang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

ps2 KeyBoard Port is not working
Hi, My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have checked it all but i think it it damaged. I have usb Keyboard but My windows is not working. I want to install the windows. How I should do this. How i could install my windows using boot mode. If your BIOS is configured to recognize legacy USB devices, you may be able to boot up with the USB keyboard. Have you tried it? "Adnan" <adnankmk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:485029c0-9852-4e15-91fa-a00c18643e49@u5g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > My PS2 Key Board port is not working. I have c...

Still looking for answers to Junk E-mail in Outlook 2003
I originally posted this on May 13 and haven't gotten an answer. Any help is appreciated. Greetings all, Background: Exchange 2003 w/SP1, Symantec Mail Security 4.6, and IMF. Symantec is set for Heuristic Spam scanning only....no RBL and no Premium Anti Spam. It's set to prevent delivery of messages if SCL >7 IMF is set to Block message with SCL >=9 and when blocking messages "No Action". Store Junk E-mail Configuration is set to 9 (I can't say turn off). Group Policy for Outlook is User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook 2003\...

Contacts when working offline
I use the latest version of WLM on Windows 7. I am finding the following behaviour: If I have WLM set to "sign in" my contacts are always available. If I set WLM to "stop signing in" my contacts don't show. However if I set WLM to "sign in" and then cancel out at the password prompt, my contacts are again available even though I haven't actually signed in. I quite often compose emails when I don't have any internet access. Therefore, it is useful to have my contacts available offline. It just seems messy to sign-in but cancel at the p...

OWA 2003 links not working
I have an email that has a link in the body of the message. When I click on that link from Outlook (2003) it redirects fine. But when I click on that link from my OWA (happens on both front and back-end server)the link fails and gives me an error "Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException:0<_code=US" (I don't think this is helpful in this case, but wanted to supply the error code). If I take the link that Outlook generates and paste it in my browser(by the way this happens with IE and Firefox) it works fine. Its just when OWA tries t...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

does outlook 2007 still have a newsreader built in?
Tom M <TomM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No. -- Brian Tillman it never had one built in. :) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT...

Working with Word
Can you help me here please? Hi Brian I had originally Office 2000 which the main disc one of the four disc pack was corrupt and then spoke to MS and they sent me out specific CD's a while ago - one of which was Outlook 2003. I also got sent out Office XP Professional (2002 version). (MS clearly wern't updating me to the latest full software). I'm as lost as you in all of this but while everything works fine the only thing that doesn't seem to configure between both is the word as email editor inc spell check. Can you help please? John ___________________________________...

still trying to get this to work
I REALLY need to get back to sorting books, but I've not been able to use windows mail in all the time I've had the computer and it is getting old! Glad/sad to see that I'm not the only one! "Barbara Harrison" <barbarakay@hughes.net> wrote in message news:uvqo5KTHLHA.5684@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I REALLY need to get back to sorting books, but I've not been able to use >windows mail in all the time I've had the computer and it is getting old! >Glad/sad to see that I'm not the only one! Use the settings outlined here for se...

how convert Works wdb to Access mdb?
I have several MS Works wdb files that I need to convert to MS Access mdb files. Works can convert wdb files to csv, txt, or dbf files. Access can open only mdb, mda, mdw, and mde files. Is there any intermediary utility? While Access can only open the file types you indicated, it can import csv, txt or dbf files. Look under File | Get External Data. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097201c3dc3d$9c89d3e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have several...

prompt for user profile stopped working
I recently installed updates for Office 2003, and when I next went to open Outlook, it went straight to my profile. I closed Outlook and tried again, because I was trying to open my wife's email, but it went straight to mine again with no prompt. I rebooted my computer and tried again, and the prompt came up, so I chose my wifes .pst file and it opened. But the next time I opened it to check mine, it opened straight to hers without showing the prompt dialog box again. I tried a few of the fixes I found online, such as going to mail, choosing profiles and checking ...

Exchange POP3 doesn't retrive any messages?
Hi there, I have installed an Exchange Server 2003 at a Windows 2003 server. I am able to send messages from the exchange server this means that SMTP must be configured correct. In the mean time I want to use POP3 as well. 1) I changed the POP3 Service to start Automaticly 2) Started the POP3 Virtual Server under "Protol" in the System Manager I am able to logon to the POP3 (and IMAP) server both with an Outlook Express client and with a telnet session, but I do not retrieve any mails. I tried to send an email both to myself and to another account / mailbox at the same server, bot...