POP3 settings

Set up Outlook using same settings Outlook 2000, but
email will not be sent. Used pop3.email.msn.com

I didn't think MSN used POP anymore - check with their tech support.

Pam wrote:
> Set up Outlook using same settings Outlook 2000, but
> email will not be sent. Used pop3.email.msn.com

0
lanwench (7567)
7/23/2003 10:27:03 AM
If you had an MSN POP account and haven't used MSN 8, I think the account is
left as POP (though I wouldn't swear to it).  What happens when you try to
send mail - do you get an error?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> I didn't think MSN used POP anymore - check with their tech support.
>
> Pam wrote:
> > Set up Outlook using same settings Outlook 2000, but
> > email will not be sent. Used pop3.email.msn.com

0
stephenson (1245)

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

How do you set a repeating task in Outlook that works every day
I have tried every way I can figure out and I can not get tasks to work for setting a task to repeat every day at the same time. Example: A task is set as a repeating task every day at 10AM it works for a day or two then resets some way and then will not work. I configured it numerous ways and I can't get it to work. Do you set the task complete every day? I've got a recurring task to wake up my wife every day and it regenerates every day as long as I set the task complete every day. "MontyRP" <MontyRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E699916-31...

Set storage limits higher than 2097151 KB
My company is in a mode where we cannot delete any email or files for the foreseeable future. I'm using Exchange 2003/AD 2003. We use the exchange server policy function to set the mailbox size limits for all Exchange Databases. With the Exchange Admin tool, you cannot set a limit higher than 2097151 KB. I know how to use ADSI Edit to make an individual users mailbox higher than 2097151, but I need to do it for Exchange policies that will affect all databases. Anyone know how to do this? I know the limits I have to set are huge, but I would prefer not to get rid of them all togeth...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

setting scrollbars int this case
Hi, I have implemented zoom in my graphic application. Zoom in and out is concentrated on the entered point by user. I change the viewextorg to have the zoom concentrated on the given point according to zoom scale . But then scrollbars scrolling is not responding properly. I am losing graphics or having flicker. what should be the logic of setting scroll position, size??? thanks lee yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > Hi, > I have implemented zoom in my graphic application. > Zoom in and out is concentrated on the entered point by user. > I change the viewextorg to have the zoom concentr...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

How to display "8" correctly in German Os or Regional Setting with German?
Hi guys, I have encountered another question about Unicode char. See my case1: Case1: LPCSTR lpstr =3D "-=3D<8"; When I change my regional language form English to German, the code is changed to LPCSTR lpstr =3D "-=3D<=A1=DE". The "8" has been changed to wrong characters. The running result of release is also not correct. Case2: CString str(_T("-=3D<8")); When I change my regional language form English to German, the code is changed to CString str(_T("-=3D<8"));. The "8" has been changed to "8". The running res...

Is there a way to set tables as a single block?
Alrighty people, I've been given until the end of the week to finish up a program that I've been working on as a pet project and there are just a couple of things that I need to get cleaned up with it. - the excel program creates two tables, of about 8 rows x3 columns each with one row dividing them.These 17 rows are then copied into word onto a template. What I need, is for those 17 rows to be in two fixed blocks of the 8x3 so that when they get pasted into Word it cant end up with half of a table on one page and the other half of it on the next. seems to me it'd be a formatting ...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

How do I set up Pointers from Parent to Child & vise-versa
I have a Tab Control Dialog program, where I want to send messages back and forth between the MainDlg (Parent) and the a TabDlg (Child). I was able to set up a pointer from the child tab back to the parent dialog via the following code: #include "MainDlg.h" CMainDlg * m_main; m_main = (CMainDlg *) (GetParent( )->GetParent( ) ); I am able to change data or call methods in the Parent using the m_main pointer. I use the GetParent twice because I use a CTabCtrl Class to control the Tab functionality. So, basically the CTabDlg is a Child of CTabCtrl which is a Child of CMainDl...

Exchange POP3 doesn't retrive any messages?
Hi there, I have installed an Exchange Server 2003 at a Windows 2003 server. I am able to send messages from the exchange server this means that SMTP must be configured correct. In the mean time I want to use POP3 as well. 1) I changed the POP3 Service to start Automaticly 2) Started the POP3 Virtual Server under "Protol" in the System Manager I am able to logon to the POP3 (and IMAP) server both with an Outlook Express client and with a telnet session, but I do not retrieve any mails. I tried to send an email both to myself and to another account / mailbox at the same server, bot...

Unable to set Date Range on UPR_Month_End
I am in Dexterity, and I am opening the form UPR_Month_End and setting the date range unfortunatly the set start date and end date are being wiped out before the form makes it to the user. My code worked before the last service pack from Great Plains, and I have tried many things to get it to work. Basically what i am doing is on a button click on one of my forms I am trying to set the date range on the period end payroll reports screen to the beginning and end of a quarter for convienence because the ability to run quarter end reports was removed from Great Plains. Below is the code...

Meeting updates not being recieved through POP3
Our organization has pretty much everyone using Outlook in "Exchange Mode". I have one user that does not like exchange mode and uses POP3. From time to time he will get meeting updates that do not get pulled down by POP3 when checking his email. When he looks at webmail it shows the message is still sitting on the server but when he tries to open it he gets an HTTP 500 error. I tried looking at the HTTP error log but it doesn't seem to be turned on and I can't figure out how to turn it on. This only occurs when the user is recieving updated meeting requests. Th...

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

Continuing equation a set number of times
I want to have an equation continue a set number of times defined by a cell that I have above it in the worksheet. The cell defines the number of years that I will be forcasting for, and I want to have a few lines down the years counted out in a row 1,2,3 etc to the eventual number entered earlier. In the end I want an excel sheet that I can use multiple times for different numbers of years be they 5 or 8 and then use the year numbers to put actual years etc etc. Thanks for your help! After thinking about it for some time I have found my answer. It involves three IF Statements t...

Cannot start pop3 and Imap4 service
I just install a new exchange server in a new domain. and i can't start POP3 and IMAP4 service I have somme errors in the event viewer. a first message : Source : POP3SVC EventID: 1040 Description : An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: the call to DwInitializeInstances() failed with error 0x64a. the second one : Source : POP3SVC EventID: 1040 Description :An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: the call to IIS_SERVICE::StartServiceOperation() failed with error 0x64a. it seem to have some pb with the IIS configuration. ...

IMAP vs. Exchange Server settings
Can someone detail the main differences between these two options on Exchange 2k? I know that Exchange Server settings are similar to IMAP with added functionality to include collaboration, but what else? We are looking into a *nix based intranet product that can integrate with AD and Exchange but requires IMAP. Currently, IMAP is disabled and I'm curious how this might affect something like this. If the Intranet product requires IMAP then it won't work unless you enable it on Exchange. Other than Outlook, there are very few Exchange MAPI clients. This means in a non-Windows...

My POP3 users are VERY slow
hi i hav exch2003 and xp pro clients. Some of my users connect from remote offices to my exchange via a POP3 account via the Internet(broad band connection) to my exchange. The connection to my exchange when they try to send and receive is VERY slow.Their internet connection seems fine after i thought it is the internet connection that is the problem. My question: is there a setting in exchnge 2003 where the amount of POP3 users connecting to the exchange is limited OR the speed of them.... This is quite frustrating as the users keeps on phoning and then i must delete the bigger messa...

Pop3 Connector and Aliases
We have SBS 2003 and are using the pop3 connector to download messages into the exchange mailboxes. We have pop accounts set up for each user on the server that hosts our website. The pop3 connector downloads them and puts them in the same users exchange mailbox, (ie UserA pop goes into UserA exchange, etc.). There are different aliases/forwarders that we use that get forwareded to a specific user. How it's currently set up I need to create the forwarder on the web server as well as in exchange, so that it works for e-mail sent outside and inside our domain. Is there a better wa...

Apply View Settings to All
Outlook 2003 Does anyone know what the new way to apply one set of Folder view settings to EVERY folder in Outlook? I thought there used to be a button to "Apply to All Folders", but now, in the Customize dialogue, there is not one. Thanks, -Monica MDavison <davison@fr.com> wrote: > Does anyone know what the new way to apply one set of Folder view > settings to EVERY folder in Outlook? I thought there used to be a > button to "Apply to All Folders", but now, in the Customize dialogue, > there is not one. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping...

Use POP3
Hi I want check my emails (hotmail) in outlook with POP3 protocol but i don't know pop3 addresses for incoming and out going servers for my hotmail account. does any body can ,please help me Best Wishes You can't. Hotmail is an HTTP service. You can use a third party tool like Hotmail Popper to emulate it. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! ww...

Duplicate email from POP3
We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the same time. Are there guide line for trouble shooting? Open Received: headers of those messages and compare times. Hop, after times start to differ, will be the one that duplicated message. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the > POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently,...