pop3 server response

When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3
server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would
like to wait longer for the server to respond. but
sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why
this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60%
of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated.
J.H.
0
anonymous (74717)

Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
asked:

| When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3
| server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would
| like to wait longer for the server to respond. but
| sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why
| this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60%
| of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated.
| J.H.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
> When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3
> server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would
> like to wait longer for the server to respond. but
> sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why
> this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60%
> of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated.
> J.H.

You're not running OL, are you? That isn't an OL error, it's an OE error
(someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen a 60-second timeout
error from OL). Therefore...

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the
Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting
in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://www.tomsterdam.com

But it's nothing to do with OL or OE - it's a server issue, talk to your
ISP.

0
bastet (136)
11/29/2003 9:39:25 PM
What version of Outlook do you have?

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

> When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3
> server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would
> like to wait longer for the server to respond. but
> sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why
> this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60%
> of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated.
> J.H.

0
stephenson (1245)

Error 6553609 Backing up WSS2.0 database from SBS 2003 server
Hello, World When I run: "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\60\BIN\SMIGRATE.EXE" -w http://intranet -f f:\intranet\intranet.fwp I get this output. 15 Nov 2009 14:17:49 -0000 Site collection opened 15 Nov 2009 14:17:52 -0000 ERROR (possibly fatal): ERROR: 6553609 You are not authorized to perform the current operation. 15 Nov 2009 14:17:52 -0000 Site collection closed Note that this seems different from the regular cases for this error (6553609) seen on the internet (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Read emails from exchange server
Is there a way to read incoming email and past emails that have been passed on to the users pst file from the exchange server? We need to monitor the emails of an employee with them knowing. Thanks, Jasper You can implement Journaling, which will send a copy of ALL incoming and outgoing messages to a mailbox of your choosing, but that doesn't do you much good for past emails. Message tracking (if implemented) can also help to some degree (limited reporting). Finally, if you have implemented Deleted Items Retention, you would still have access to messages that have been deleted (...

# of servers clarification..
I see what seems to be conflicting advice from time to time, so I would like a clarification.. How many DC servers can I have in an SBS domain? Would, for instance, ONE SBS server and another w2k3 server (with AD installed) work? ...but no more than one SBServer in the domain? ( I know I can have multiple member servers) Second clarification.. When upgrading a SBS to SP1.............should the W2K3 SP be installed first, THEN the SBS SP1? I'm struggling big time with SP1 upgrades. Out of 3 SBS servers I've upgraded to SP1, 2 of them are experiencing multiple errors (see...

Problems with the Exchange Server
Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from going down everyday? What i am doing is re-booting the server and also re- starting one or more of the Microsoft Exchange services. Check your Event Viewer Application Log, look for any red Errors. What are some of the Event ID numbers? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jason" <jason.lawrie@lineone.net> wrote in message news:46f701c3e41c$0ac4e940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to stop the Exchange server from > going down everyday? > > What i am doin...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

does IIS server effect the Outlook working
My outlook is working for incoming emails but not for outgoing emails. incoming= POP3 = port:110 Outgoing= SMTP = port: 80 iis server is using the same port no. 80 is it a problem Currently i am having .NET in my system does it affect Outlook work. I am using Godaddy server, incoming: mail.cybersoftdesigns.com outgoing: smtpout.securesrver.net Help me. Did you activate SMTP relay on your GoDaddy account? By the way, the ports GoDaddy supports is 25, 80, and 3535 for smtpout.secureserver.net. If the above question is a yes, give 3535 a shot. (By the way, I took this from http://help.g...

report Server error
I get the following error when I try to view reports in DPM. Also when I open SQL management studio it wont find the SQL server and it is installed on it's self. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot impersonate user for data source 'DLS'. (rsErrorImpersonatingUser) Logon failed. (rsLogonFailed) Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070569) -- Steve Dunn MCSE www.esiindy.com I resolved it by adding $dpm2007$ local account to the local administrator...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

SQL Server Edition
Hi Experts I have serveral SQL Server and many instances under each server. I have problem in finding what are the editions of each instance. I know the following techs 1. SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'), SERVERPROPERTY ('edition') (T-SQL and ADO) 2. select @@VERSION (T-SQL and ADO) 3. Using freeware MAP 4. reading registry 5. Looking at the \LOG\errolog file I have limitation is using this in our env. I am particularly expecting a way to read from WMI. Can anyone forward me the script to read server na...

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

Two or More Exchange Servers
Good Day. I have been looking around for information on the purposes/reasons of have more than one installation of Exchange 2000 within the same domain. If you have two installations of Exchange can you synchronise them so that if one has problems you can switch over and use the second? If this is not possible what reasons are there for hosting two or more? Thank you for you help. Kind Regards Paul Johnson. Well,if I have 20,000 users, I am certainly not going to put them all on one server! You can cluster servers, but its not a replication of the store. On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:15:5...

Problem with sync desktop outlook Contact with MSCRM server
When i try to sync the outlook Desktop it freeze and stuck the client machine and when I sync only the appointment and task there is no problem. the messege i see in the sync is trying to sync 356 contacts and it failes when it allmost finish to sync and there is only 1 contact left to sync it's freeze and the client machine stop working and we need to close the Outlook from the Task Manager. By the way i tried to install the outlook with the user profile on another machine and get the same problem. please If anyone known this issue please let me know my email is : itsik@effectcrm.co...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Contact Manager without Exchange Server???
My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? It's only supposed to work with SBS2003, but can be hacked - see http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx for more information. On 26 Apr 2004 09:21, =?Utf-8?B?SVQgTmlnaHRtYXJl?= <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office doesn't use the Exchange server. Can I install and use the Business >Contact Manager or the Outlook Contact Manager without the Exchange server??? > > -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Hw to setup public Exchange server
Hi all, appologies for this stupid post, but I need a help. Our company are using SBS 2003 SP1 with POP3 connector. That means our Exchange (from SBS) collect POP3 mails from our ISP's network. I have a part of experience with exchange setup (message delivery, recipient policies, administer mailbox stores...). Now, we bought static IP address and we'd like to publish Exchange on Internet with our FQDN (e-mails). Windows 2003 Server environment; AD, DNS, ISA2004, Exchange 2003 Std or Ent. Please give me any suggestion or web page for begining - how to setup clean Exchange instal...

Server
My computer can not find the POP3 server How to set up gmail in Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Don Ferguson" <dsferg1948!@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23KbmNujSLHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > My computer can not find the POP3 server Which account do you want to set up, @gmail.com or @verizon.net? Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "Don F...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Mapi and Exchange server 2007
Which mapi dll does exchnage server 2007 use? how we can use that dll in .net? ...

Charting survey responses
A coworker has a survey she is sending out where one of the questions is to rate your preference between 7 methods of contact (eg mailout, brochure, telephone call, etc) with 1 being most preferred and 7 being least preferred. She needs to chart this to see which method of contact is the most preferred. How can she chart something like this? I tried to help but the best I could think of was a bar or line chart where the highest column would be the least preferred (eg 7 people respond with '7' to that category = 49 points). Your help is appreciated! -- Thanks, GillianHG On the...

Need RDC Server on CE (not Client)
I thought I saw at one point a sample of how to set up the RDP server side, but I can no longer find it. Is this possible on CE v5.0? I've already looked at cerhost / cerdsip, and that is no good as one must initiate the connection from both sides (first PC and second on CE), whereas we need to access CE from any PC with the right login credentials. Windows CE includes an RDP client, not an RDP server; if you want something similar you can look at VNC: here are some links: http://dotnetvnc.sourceforge.net/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/wincevncsvr/ http://efonvnc...

Synchronizing desktop and server calendars
My main calendar is on my desktop. When I travel I get to email by the web webmail interface. But the only calendar is the email server calendar. How do I synchronize my desktop calendar with the server calendar so I can see the same thing on my desktop and from webmail? You'd need to be able to access your Exchange server from the Internet using Outlook. VPN is a very common way to achieve this. Then set up an Outlook profile that is set to access your mailbox on the server, and set it up with an offline file so you can sync & work offline. Phil Mead wrote: > My main calendar is ...

Moving SharePoint to New Server
I've seen some threads on this, but I want to ask a few specific questions. :) We want to move MOSS to a new 64-Bit server. We've experimented with a few migration tools, but to be frank, they all suck. What is the best technique to use that will also retain all the document histories, meta data, custom web parts, workflows, etc...? Please tell me it's not as simple as installing SP on the new machine, adding to the farm, then shutting down the old server. it's not easy if you have custom things. the way I see it, you install SharePoint and custom things...

Backup Server
Hello, i currently have an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running. I would like to set up a duplicate server to run as a back up just in case one server ever went down .. How can I do this? Hello You can use WanSync for exchange to replicate your exchange server to another machine even over WAN http://www.xosoft.com/products/f_WANSyncExchange.shtml Or just create a Cluster Regards, Shai Netanel -- "James M" wrote: > Hello, > i currently have an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running. I would like to set up > a duplicate server to run as a back up just in case one serve...