Pop3 Problem #5

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2
Outlook 2003 SP1

When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3
accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it freezes
up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power source.

Any ideas
Thanks
Don

After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload any
add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem.

Thanks

Don Pistulka wrote:
> After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload
> any add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem.
>
> Thanks

Glad it's resolved - thanks for posting back (& thanks for searching/doing
research in here).

> "Don Pistulka" <NotAnAddress@myplace.com> wrote in message
>> Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2
>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>
>> When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3
>> accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it
>> freezes up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power
>> source.
>>
>> Any ideas
>> Thanks
>> Don

0
lanwench (7567)
3/15/2005 6:00:54 AM
Actually, I was a little premature. Unloading the fax add-in helped for a
few minutes, but Outlook is back hanging again, the same as before.

Don

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Don Pistulka wrote:
>> After reading some of the other posts I found a suggestion to unload
>> any add-ins. I unclicked the fax add-in and it cleared up the problem.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Glad it's resolved - thanks for posting back (& thanks for searching/doing
> research in here).
>

>> "Don Pistulka" <NotAnAddress@myplace.com> wrote in message
>>> Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP2
>>> Outlook 2003 SP1
>>>
>>> When Outlook trys to Send\Receive it hangs up when checking my pop3
>>> accounts. No error messages. Then the computer slows down until it
>>> freezes up and can only be rebooted by disconnection the power
>>> source.
>>>
>>> Any ideas
>>> Thanks
>>> Don

Exch 2000 public folder mounting problem
I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and reinstall OS and exchange 2000. I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. I would really appreciate if someone please walk me through to retreive my public folder. Thanks. In news:eGAE%23MpWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Mehbs <msamani@comcast.net> typed: > I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and > reinstall OS and exchange 2000. > > I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. > > I would really appreciate if someone plea...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

Group emailing problem
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3350654533_1908051 Content-type: multipart/alternative; boundary="B_3350654533_1904604" --B_3350654533_1904604 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Wife has two Macs...both OS X.6; both running latest version of Office 08... She has identically constructed groups on each computer...same names and addresses...using mail client Road Runner from Brighthouse here in Centr...

Problem with sync desktop outlook Contact with MSCRM server
When i try to sync the outlook Desktop it freeze and stuck the client machine and when I sync only the appointment and task there is no problem. the messege i see in the sync is trying to sync 356 contacts and it failes when it allmost finish to sync and there is only 1 contact left to sync it's freeze and the client machine stop working and we need to close the Outlook from the Task Manager. By the way i tried to install the outlook with the user profile on another machine and get the same problem. please If anyone known this issue please let me know my email is : itsik@effectcrm.co...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

DSAccess Problems
Hi everyone! Some days ago, we have made changes at AD of one of our clients and now we are experiencing some Exchange problems. So, our client has a larger network with 10 Domain Controllers and 2 Exchange Servers. Eight Domain Controllers are here in Brazil and one at Amsterdam/Holand and the other one at Hong Kong/China (Amsterdam and Hong Kong have a VPN Connections over Internet to Brazil). When we have made the changes at AD all of policies were deleted because an incident, and we have used the RecreateDefpol.EXE to recover the Default Domain Police and Default Domain Controlle...

Excel sheet problems
I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negative figure in brackets...even when I go to format cell, and number the option i not there to choose brackets. The excel package I am using is a part of Office 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like: Format/Cells/Number/Custom #,##0_);(#,##0);0_);@ or #,##0.00_);(#,##0.00);0.00_);@ etc. In article <neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>, neilangelo <<neilangelo.1c17gb@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > I am having a problem in excel where it will not show negati...

intermittent internet problems
Hi Guys, Need help here. One of our client is having intermittent internet problem. Sometimes they can access all websites with no problem, then after a random period of time they can't access any sites, sometimes they can access google.co.uk but not bbc.co.uk. DSL light is on all the time on the router. I restarted both server and router, problem still there. I called broadband provider, they said the line is ok. Some times I can access the websites, but I cant ping them. Some times I can ping websites, but cant access them via browsers. Checked all switches and cable...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

windows installer problems
Everytime I receive an e mail in outllool 2003 my window installer starts. It's not a big problem just a little annoying really. It started after I recently downloaded a new version of windows installer. Is there anyone out there in computer land that can help me? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "window installer problem" <window installer problem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C74E3CF-4F45-47BF-A36C-81B8F976735A@microsoft.com... > Everytime I receive an e mail in outllool 2003 my window installer starts. > It&...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Lookup Results Problems
I am attempting to search a second worksheet for and exact match using a parameter in the first worksheet. I've solve the NA problem thanks to this forum and MOST of the searches are turning up good data. Unfortunately, I have a master list of hospitals in spreadsheet A and am trying to mark which ones are transplant facilities from a list of these hospitals off of spreadsheet B. The formula finds the matches just fine but if a particular row is not found in the subset list on B, it puts down the previous match until it finds the next match and so on... I want anything th...

Problem With I.E 7
Hi I have a problem with I.E 7 in my web application. When I browse my application in I.E 7 it does not show a particular section data. But If I add that website to trusted sites list it works fine, or If I browse that application with I.E 6 first and then with I.E 7 , it also works fine .. Data in in that section is populated dynamically inside a div by generating html through some java script. Could any one help me out what could be the reason for this behaviour ?? Hi, How can we help if you don't provide a link to your site? Use View>Source to inspect the injected...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

richedit2 mfc problem? #2
Good morning, I try using richedit2 under Visual Studio 2003 but i have problem run it. I only add this control from toolbar menu to my dialog box ,but when i give compile it aplication out...not show compiled dialog box and one error...The program '[3076] sk4.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0). all another control object works fine...only richedit2 made problem.... in old version visual studio 6 and net works too richedit without problem Is there something what i must add? Thanks Zidek ...

Problems with "gray" space at bottom of invoice form...

GPO modification problem
Hi, I have an AD 2003 environment. I recently created a GPO using Internet Explorer Administration Kit for IE8. I deployed an .msi to a test OU and it worked just fine. Then I went to modify the GPO and change some settings. I copied the new .msi to the same location and didn't do anything to the group policy object. The problem I am experiencing is that the newly modified .msi doesn't get applied. Is there some unique identifier that I must change when I modify the .msi object? Thanks in advance, JeffH Hello JeffH, If you change an .msi and even don'...

Problem with pasteing graphs as picture from excel to PP and Word
Hi, I have a problem with pasting graphs from excel to PowerPoint and Word. When I paste graphs that are colorful and without fill effects they are ok, but when I change the fill effect to gradent and paste the graph to powerpoint document as picture it suddenly turns to grayscale. But if I paste it as Microsoft Excel Chart Object, Device Independant Bitmap or Bitmap it is ok and colorful. Does anyone know what settings should I change to make it colorful when pasted as a picture? ...

SUMPRODUCT problem #2
I am trying to obtain a sum for rows where two conditions are true. Col B has the part number Col C has the customer number Col D has payment received. I want to obtain the sum of all payments received for a certain par number sold to a certain customer. In the following case Part number is 101 and customer number is 7. I have tried the following =SUMPRODUCT((B5:B1953=(--("101"))),(c5:c1953=(--("7"))),(d5:d1953)) I get 0 for a result which I know is not true. I entered the following formula to prove to myself that Excel coul find records with the 2 conidtions: =SUMPR...

.pst too large can it effect server problems
As per my external IT Company, because my .pst file is 4gigs, it effects my server workability, i mean lately three days in a row our emails in the morning appear offline, when i check the server it says the hosting account is disabled (WAN miniport pptp). So i spoke with my external IT, he is blaming it on my .pst being large, i just do not understand how is it possible for .pst with 4gigs to create such a problem? Is it possible? Thanks If you are saying the pst is hosted on the server, and being accessed by a workstation, that type of installation is not supported by MS as it can l...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Sum #5
Hello, Is there a way to sum in excel based on the color of the cells above it. If there is not a formula for this - is there vba code that could do this and place the formula and coordinates of the color cells in the target cell. Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <2749f01c46363$08e34240$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "TJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to sum in excel based on the color of the > cells above it. > If there is not a formula for this - is there vba code > that could do t...

Network Problem
Hi. have a windows 7 machine which has a printer and a external HDD connected by usb. Have two wireless laptops that are connected to this computer and printer via a home network. What i am trying to do without any success so far is to get each of the laptops to backup onto the external HDD over the network. Anyone with some ideas, pointers on how to do this please. Cheers in advance. Sorry, it won't work with Windows Backup. The included Windows Backup program requires that it back up to a "block device". IOW, a connected hard disk (or a few other options that...

Print area problem
Hello, I've got an odd problem, that I can't find any documentation on. On of the users in my company has a spreadsheet that when he scales it to 1 page wide by 1 tall, it drops it down to 10%. The spreadsheet isn't that big... It has 16 columns wide by 100 rows. Should fit fine on a standard sheet of paper. Any clue what could be causing this? Thanks, Wade You might use File, Print Area, Set Print Area to set the print area to exactly the range you want printed. The current print area (or active area if you haven't set one) may be larger than you expect. -- Jim Re...