Pop3 Option Disabled in Add New Email Account Diag Box

Installed Outlook 2003 on WinXP Pro SP 2 and noticed that the only
email server option available for the creation of new email accounts is
"Exchange Server."  I am unable to add a Pop account because the option
is grayed out / disabled.

Why is this and what can I do to reenable this option?

Thanks!

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Office11/Outloook/DisablePOP3 is set to 1.  It needs
to be
set to 0.  This was a decision that the admins who installed it
probably made, but in my case I need the POP access.

Thought I would share.

If you don't have admin privileges on your computer to be editing the
registry, you need to speak with your help desk, IT department, mail admin,
or whomever is responsible for enforcing company policies.  They may want
all your e-mails to go through their mail server to regulate to whom you can
connect, incorporate spam filtering, enforce anti-virus filtering, and
record all messages and provide backups of them.  You will need to get their
permission to use POP3/SMTP servers, especially if the company doesn't
provide them and you need to go external which opens an uncontrolled avenue
for viruses to enter their network and why they don't allow that type of
access.  If you want to do private or personal e-mails from work, use a
webmail account, like Yahoo Mail or Hotmail, provided your company hasn't
block access to webmail sites.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.
"Mike" <michael.lawrie@gmail.com> wrote in message
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Office11/Outloook/DisablePOP3 is set to 1.  It needs
> to be
> set to 0.  This was a decision that the admins who installed it
> probably made, but in my case I need the POP access.
>
> Thought I would share.

Opening a new instance of Excel

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

How to disable fade-in of desktop alerts
Hello! Is there a way to prevent Outlook 2003's Desktop Alerts from fading in? I think I like the feature, but I would like it better if the alerts did not fade in, but just appeared. -- Christian Ullrich ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

Analytical Accounting #6
I am trying to find a way to do more detailed reporting from the General Ledger. Your GL is only as strong as the number of segments and the number of ways you can slice and dice the data based on the combination of segments. We have over 40,000 accounts in our GL and that is not enough. I have not read through the PDF on Analytical Accounting yet. Could somebody briefly explain what Analytical Accounting does. Nutshell version: you can create codes (and groupings of codes), and assign them to account numbers. For example, you could have one account that tracks all Grant Money receive...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

Great Plains 9.0 Quicklinks
The ability to establish quicklinks to modules or products that are considered "ass-ons" would be helpful for ease of navigation within the system. Fixed Assets happens to be the module/product that could not be added as a quicklink. In addition, when using the toolbar to set-up a shortcut, you can only choose the module at it's highest level (cannot select specific functions within the Fixed Assets module). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

Remove "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style"?
I'm editing a document that was created by someone else. Somewhere along the way, under format/paragraph options, they clicked the box called "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style." I want to un-click it, but the box is greyed out (showing the checkmark there) and I can't un-click it...and it's screwing up my formatting! Does anyone know how to find this rogue command & remove it? This option is not available for individual paragraphs, only for styles. You must go to the Modify Style dialog to change it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

MS POP3 Connector
Hi All, I have configure the MS POP3 Connector to download the mail from our company external hosting mail server. But I want to leave a message in the mail server, but seem like the MS POP3 Connector will auto delete the message after successfully download it. Is there any way i can do it ahH??? -- Regards, Venedict ...

macros disabled
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? Thanks, Scott I've got it. It was due to the "Missing" references. Mr. Chip Pearson helped identify the problem. "Scott" wrote: > I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it > says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? > > Thanks, > Scott Just as with 2003 you need to enable macros. But, unless the VBIDE is open, you don&#...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

How do I add a value to a cell every 30 days?
I'm trying to create a calculator using Excel where in I add a given value to a cell every month. This is not a financial equation. One way: assume you want to add 10 every month, starting one month from today: =DATEDIF("2/11/2005",TODAY(),"m") * 10 or, every 30 days: =INT((TODAY()-DATE(2005,2,11))/30)*10 In article <BC7BB5B0-A994-4ABC-8200-8E198C51C3E1@microsoft.com>, "ZZ430" <ZZ430@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a calculator using Excel where in I add a given value to > a cell every month. T...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

How to download into investment account?
Trying to download from the Charles Schwab & Co into my investment account. Just recently converted from Quicken to Money 2004 and then i am having issues with downloading from Charles Schwab. When i download from the FI i get transactions dating back to August which is there in the register already. Now when i make that void i cannot delete this and this is not going from the 'Review transactions' list after i download. Now tried to setup online services with a new file and when downloading have new issuew. The date range is for the past month but the cash account is gr...

add a zero
Excel 2003. In a cell, I have a formula that computes sales tax and gives the resulting tax amount. Example of resulting amounts are 1.67, 1.83, 1.40. In the case of 1.40, excel is displaying 1.40 because I set the formatting for two decimals. However, the actual figure is 1.4. I would like the actual value of the cell to be 1.40. I need the trailing zero for a mail merge I have set up with Word. When Word merges, it shows the tax as 1.4. I need it to display 1.40. Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks Sam Perhaps if you round the result of your formula to 2 dp, i.e.: =ROUND(your form...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...