POP3/EarthLink Synchronization in Outlook Express

I am working with Windows XP and Outlook Express 6.0 and
IE Ver 6.0 SP1. Periodically, I am unable to receive
messages for my EarthLink account (however I have no
problems receiving messages from my Hotmail account).

I have started a dummy Outlook account (as I would like
to keep using Outlook Express, as this is where all my
addresses are located as well as message archives), and
it seems to work OK with that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom
0
trcomerci (1)

Wordmail in Outlook 2000
Dear all, When I choose the "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages", the Outlook use the "username" as the default style name in start writing a new e-mail, it DOES NOT use normal style at all, how can I force Outlook to use normal style when start writing a new message? I am using Outlook 2000 and Word 2000 Thank you in advance. Sam Open Word. Tools > Options... > General > Email Options... > Personal stationery -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Sam" <96esaml@alumni.ee.ust.hk> wrote in message news:18d4c01c41bb2$ef0494c0$a401280a@...

Outlook 2007 and Exchange
Hi, I have a user who got the good idea tu upgrade Outlook 2000 tp 2007 version. We do run an Exchange 2000 server here with 2000 Outlook clients. So now, from the Outlook 2007 version, we can't send email on the local domain anymore. We end up with the 550 error user unknown. I can delete and creat the account and the Outlook will detect the user name and the exchange server name as well but it just can't send it out. There is a smtp account configured on the same PC and it works fine. So why is sending to exchange won't work?, Thanks in adance. Steve -- ...

Outlook Search....
I noticed for the last few days, that the search in Outlook 2007 no longer finds anything. What could have made this stop? Thanks Any number of things. Care to provide some relevant details about your particular situation? We cannot read minds. It seems to me you should include: 1. What type of search you are conducting and what doesn't appear that you think should. 2. Your operating system. 3. How you configured Windows Desktop Search 4. What you changed just before "the last few days." -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote...

send email using outlook
Hi I am using access to automate sending emails using outlook. How do I send emails without opening Outlook or can I? Many thanks in advance Richard I have not used the following code - I usually use the Outlook Express client since my work is always on corporate standard clients with Outlook set - but it seems easy enough; you would only need to automate collection/setting of e-mail strings: **Module (space formatting added to make it easier to read): Public Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation ...

Help with Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003
I'm trying to add an Exchange Public Folder to my Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003. The Outlook 2003 Help says to right-click the desired folder and select "Add to Favorite Folders". This method works with folders inside my Mailbox, but nothing happens when I try it on a Public Folder. Any ideas anyone?? Add it to your Public Folder Favorites first and then add it to the favorites folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

outlook express #176
In my sent folders in outlook express, the dates are showing the message sent in the year 1980, even though I sent it today. How can I change this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=...

does IIS server effect the Outlook working
My outlook is working for incoming emails but not for outgoing emails. incoming= POP3 = port:110 Outgoing= SMTP = port: 80 iis server is using the same port no. 80 is it a problem Currently i am having .NET in my system does it affect Outlook work. I am using Godaddy server, incoming: mail.cybersoftdesigns.com outgoing: smtpout.securesrver.net Help me. Did you activate SMTP relay on your GoDaddy account? By the way, the ports GoDaddy supports is 25, 80, and 3535 for smtpout.secureserver.net. If the above question is a yes, give 3535 a shot. (By the way, I took this from http://help.g...

outlook 2003 #156
error 0x800CCCF4...pleeeasssssssse i'm going crazy! i can't send or receive no messages of my account (hotmail) with microsoft outlook 2003...I've donne everything you can imagin! can somebody help me???????? ...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

How do you set a repeating task in Outlook that works every day
I have tried every way I can figure out and I can not get tasks to work for setting a task to repeat every day at the same time. Example: A task is set as a repeating task every day at 10AM it works for a day or two then resets some way and then will not work. I configured it numerous ways and I can't get it to work. Do you set the task complete every day? I've got a recurring task to wake up my wife every day and it regenerates every day as long as I set the task complete every day. "MontyRP" <MontyRP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E699916-31...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Problem with sync desktop outlook Contact with MSCRM server
When i try to sync the outlook Desktop it freeze and stuck the client machine and when I sync only the appointment and task there is no problem. the messege i see in the sync is trying to sync 356 contacts and it failes when it allmost finish to sync and there is only 1 contact left to sync it's freeze and the client machine stop working and we need to close the Outlook from the Task Manager. By the way i tried to install the outlook with the user profile on another machine and get the same problem. please If anyone known this issue please let me know my email is : itsik@effectcrm.co...

Outlook 2007 Folders disappearing without being deleted
I am having a similar problem as Nancy. I have clicked on a folder in the inbox and I think I moved my mouse a small amount and the folder disappeared with all the emails that were stored within it. I searched Deleted files, Junk, other folders close by but cannot locate it. I have done this over the past 6 months about 3 times. Does someone hold the answer to this issue? If you moved the folder, they should still be there. When you search for an item that you know should be in this folder, is it found then? An easy way to do an Outlook wide search is by using the "All Ma...

Outlook on a peer-to-peer network
We have a peer-to-peer network in our small office. We run a personal webserver on one machine for our intranet. We want to use Outlook 2002 to setup individual and group calendars. So far, we have been unable to get group calendaring to work. It seems that MS Exchange Server is required to get full-functionality from Outlook. Is this true, or can we somehow use our personal webserver to get Outlook to let us use the group calendaring features ? Thank you for your time. -April ...

Accessing Outlook from my laptop
I use Outlook on my desktop PC but would also like to access it, via my wifi network, on my laptop. I know I can set the folder that the .pst folder is in to 'sharing', but wondered if there was any other way to set it up. I would also like to access my .pst file from any other PC over the web. How would I do that? Thanks, You point the laptop OL to use the pst required. Be aware only a single instance of OL can access the pst and MS doesnt support the use of a pst over a network as it can lead to corruption. "Geoff" <meaningless34@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express?
Gurus, How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook Express? You know, how each additional message comes in beneath and just a little to the right of the message immediately above it? -- Spin Use F1 help and type "group by conversation." --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Spin asked: | Gurus, |=20 | How do I make Outlook 2003 group messages by subject like Outlook | Express?...

HQ Client Synchronization Stall
I run 8 locations using RMS and I only have a problem with one of them stalling during the "Check for Synchronization". In debug mode the last message is "Entering ExecuteState_CheckSynchronization - Retrieve synchronization fields". The HQ Client then stalls and times out. If i END PROGRAM by using Task Manager and restart everything works and connects fine. The problem is our locations are updated every two hours and this particular store will not connect for days because it stalls. -- Joe I use a couple of vbs scripts to start and stop the service daily and...

microsoft outlook 2007 notes window too large
When I open the note it fills up my entire screen. What do I need to do to make it smaller? Thanks. Double click on the title bar of the Note to reduce it to the Normal window state again. It is probably set to Maximized now. For a screenshot to see where exactly you need to click see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/35 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "MT" &...

Outlook incoming message fonts
All my incoming outlook 2002 messages are converted to one font. If i send a note to myself containing different fonts and styles they are all converted to the same font when i receive the message. I don't see any options for this. Any clues? Thanks Ray I don't have 2002 here to write this but this may help (may not): Open Outlook Select TOOLS menu Select OPTIONS Select the MAIL FORMAT tab Click the FONTS... button See if you have turned on the option to "Always use my fonts" (Or something like that) -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Ray" <raydo...

Office 2000 Pro Outlook
My PC crashed and had to reinstall OS - Win98se plus Office2kPro I imported my outlook.pst from backup and now I get a message to myself whenever I send to member(s) of company group. I had created a rule by which any one from @mydomain.com was move to folder say company. All had worked fine. However, after the crash and reinstall of OS and apps (office, etc. ) I get a copy of all messages sent ot my company sent to myself and placed in my Company folder. I have turned of the rule rebooted and still this happens. Can someone please advise? Thank you. -------------------------- Steven Young ...

cannot set up outlook ....services 32 error...shuts down??
every time I put in my pop3 and smtp info a box pops up telling me services 32 error and shuts down outlook. Can not get past this?? What version of Outlook? Is that all there is to that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "greg" wrote: > every time I put in my pop3 and smtp info a box pops up telling me services > 32 error and shuts down outlook. > Can not get past this?? ...

Several Outlook 2000 questions
G'day everyone Our company's IT department gave us a few new computers, and on two of these computers we now have Outlook 2000 (on Windows XP). Our previous e-mail program (on a few of the other computers) is/was MS Exchange 97 (on Windows 2000). Outlook looks really cool but it has way too many features, and I'm missing a few features which used to be present in MS Exchange. I'd be glad if you could help me. 1. Edit message. Everyone in our office has access to a share e-mail post box. When something arrives, one person opens the mail and writes a little comment at the...

outlook safe distribution list
I would like to set up a distribution list that uses the bcc field for the members of the list to protect the identities of the persons on the list but still takes advantage of the personalized to: field for each member. Help would be appreciated. Thank you. You can't do this by using the BCC field then. Use the Mail Merge option from within Word instead. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <mcgongee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1188501c441cc$82119260$a601280a@phx.gbl...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...