POP3 conflict OL2000/2003

I have a problem affecting W2K users having roaming
profiles and different versions of Outlook installed on
different computers.  I wonder if anyone has a solution to
this other than the most obvious to just upgrade everyone
to Office 2003 right away.

Network is W2K Server with W2K Pro workstation.  All users
have roaming profiles.

User's Desktop has Office 2003 Professional installed.
Outlook 2003 is configured for both Exchange 2000 and POP3
accounts.

User's Notebook still has Office 2000 Professional
installed.  Outlook on it was configured identically.

Once the user's profile that was saved from the desktop
machine replaces the one on the notebook, the notebook no
longer has any POP3 accounts listed, the Exchange Server
is still there, but attempting to recreate the POP
accounts fails if you give the accounts the same names
they had (have on the 2003 machine), claiming they already
exist.  If you give them different names, they will take
but only exist until the next time the desktop's profile
replaces the notebook.  On the desktop, it seems to only
be possible to send mail via the Exchange Server, even if
one of the POP accounts was explicitly selected.

Is it possible for 2003 and 2000 to coexist in a roaming
profile environment?

Thanks,
Alan
0
anonymous (74718)

outlook 2003 #156
error 0x800CCCF4...pleeeasssssssse i'm going crazy! i can't send or receive no messages of my account (hotmail) with microsoft outlook 2003...I've donne everything you can imagin! can somebody help me???????? ...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

Outlook 2003
I heard (somewhere) you can flag certain contacts so if they email you, they appear in a different colour usefull to notice if the email is from the boss ! Any ideas how ? thanks -- Vass Create a Rule. Go to Tools, Rules and Alerts. Look Rules up in Help for exact instructions. "Vass" wrote: > I heard (somewhere) you can flag certain contacts so if they email you, they > appear in a different colour > usefull to notice if the email is from the boss ! > > Any ideas how ? > > thanks > > -- > Vass > > > ...

Track in CRM Toolbar missing in Word 2003
My client has the "Track in CRM" toolbar randomly appearing and disappearing from MS Word 2003 - any suggestions? CRM 3.0 RU2 Office 2003 SP2 -- Dave ...

Itunes Conflict
I cannot send a document from Excel or Word when Itunes is open, but it works fine when Itunes is closed. does it work if you use the keyboard shortcut to send? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Jellie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EA895C-1C7E-4D85-A3D0-B03...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Exchange 2003 and multiple domains
We just converted from Exchange 5.5 under Windows 2000 to a new server running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and am having a couple of problems. 1. We have 2 domains (A & B with 2 way trusts) in our AD network, with 90% of the people in domain A along with the Exchange server. Domain B is also running AD under Windows 2000. All email addresses are JaneDoe@domainA.com even if the user account is in Domain B. When the 5.5 mailboxes were converted, new accounts for the people in Domain B where created in Domain A under the Users - Recipients folder but were disabled. The problem...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Problems with front-end Exchange 2003 server and OMA
We've recently upgraded our organization to use a front-end Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000 and although OWA access works fine, we're running into some problems getting OMA to work. The front-end Exchange 2003 server was upgraded from Exchange 2000 but the back-end server was a fresh install of Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. The configuration of the front-end server uses SSL on both the Exchange and OMA directories and both directories are configured for basic authentication. Although I've read that having SSL enabled on these directories could lead to connec...

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Outlook 2003 Safe / Blocked senders
Hi, I am working on a custom made spam filtering and I would like to access the Outlook 2003 Safe/Blocked senders list from my application (made in Delphi). Is there a way to do it or it is not opened? Thanks: Peter ...

Money 2003 and Pocket PC 2003 #3
I cannot get money 2003 pocket pc on my pocket pc with PPC2003. Nor can I get Money for PPC 2004 to work with Money 2003. Any suggestions? Thank you Trekker1 ...

exchange 5.5/2003 with mixed mode 2003 domain public folders
Hi, I have recently completed some work for a potential customer, I am recommending that they in place upgrade their existing NT 4 domain to 2003 based on various reasons that I do not want to go into here. However, they also want their single exchange 5.5 org in the same domain to be migrated at the same time. This will be a mixed mode 5.5 to 2003 migration. At this stage the domain will be in mixed mode and will not support universal security groups. The customer uses public folders quitre heavily, I do not know the exact amount, but the user base is 2500 approx. They use distribution list...

2003 Drawing Control & Menus
Hi, Anyone know how to access Visio Menus and their functions from within the DrawingControl object. Ideally I would like to have the Visio menus merge with my MDI application which hosts forms containing the Visio DrawingControl. Cheers, Paul Wallis Paul, This article explains more about programming with the drawing control: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_vis2003_ta/html/odc_vsprogrammingwithvisioactivexcontrol.asp?_r=1 To get the menus to appear, you'll need to set the NegotiateMenus property. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

How do I open a Quattro Pro 7.0 file in Excel 2003
I am trying to open Quattro Pro 7.0 files (.wb3) in Excel 2003. It says in their documents about supported file formats that this file format is supported for opening in Excel 2003, with a converter installed. I've installed the entire Excel 2003 software, along with all service packs and the Office 2003 Conversion Pack. I am still unable to open Quattro Pro 7.0 files in Excel 2003. There are downloadable converters for Excel 2000 and 97, and those work fine for those version. But, there is nothing for Excel 2003 and information is scarce. ...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Forwarding via a rule in Exchange 2003
We had rules to forward an email automatically to an external address if it contained the word page in the subject. That was with Exchange 5.5. We migrated to a new server and exchage 2003 and the rules do not work anymore. I have tried to delete the existing rules and create new ones without success. I have added a rule that forwards the email to an internal address and it works. There must be a setting I am not seeing somewhere. Any ideas? Pierre Tessier Check in Exchange System Manager. Look under Global Settings and choose Internet Message Formats. Choose Default and go to prope...

OWA 2003 links not working
I have an email that has a link in the body of the message. When I click on that link from Outlook (2003) it redirects fine. But when I click on that link from my OWA (happens on both front and back-end server)the link fails and gives me an error "Unable to generate forwarding URL. Exception: java.lang.NumberFormatException:0<_code=US" (I don't think this is helpful in this case, but wanted to supply the error code). If I take the link that Outlook generates and paste it in my browser(by the way this happens with IE and Firefox) it works fine. Its just when OWA tries t...

Outlook 2003 #192
Getting the error "Information Store Could Not be Opened" when trying to work offline. Has anyone had any similar issues? Thanks!! ...

Exch 2003 Name Change on SBS 2003
Hello, Due to a problem with IBMDB2, the ACCPAC person installing the updates, who is also an MCSE (?) went into DNS and renamed the server. Unfortunately, the owner had named it to starting with a number, and with how well the product sets itself up, created the mail server, everything. IBM DB2 does not like a server name starting with a number. Thus, in DNS server name changed, system rebooted, thus rendering the Exchange server being very unhappy. As this is a fairly new installation of SBS2003/Exch2003, how can I rename the Exch2003 server to match that of the domain contro...

POP3 still not working
On July 17, Outlook and Outlook Express lost the ability to download email messages. Repeated calls to support have yielded nothing but "we are working on it". For 6 weeks????? This is an email program!!! Mysteriously, I have seen little press about this outage, perhaps the largest in a software product's history. I understand OE is free, but Outlook is not. I have paid a lot of money for a product that is crippled, and am not convinced anything is being done to fix it. Way to go, Microsoft. Interesting - my Outlook has never stopped working. Way to go Microsoft. --�...

Moving from OL2000 on WinMe to OL2003 on Win XPpro
Any ideas as to hou to go about this. Tried moving with STOMP BackupMyPC with no results. John Garvey <john@myoderm.com> wrote: > Any ideas as to hou to go about this. Tried moving with > STOMP BackupMyPC with no results. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Visio 2003 Service Pack 3 released
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0138_01C7FAFD.56C4B3B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft has released Service Pack 3 for the Visio 2003 product. You = can download the pack here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3DE6B77D9A-0749-= 41CE-BD1A-9BF73718593C&displaylang=3Den (If English is not your install language, you can change to another one = on the web page.) Contents The set of changes is described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938794/=20 ...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...

Exchange POP3 doesn't retrive any messages?
Hi there, I have installed an Exchange Server 2003 at a Windows 2003 server. I am able to send messages from the exchange server this means that SMTP must be configured correct. In the mean time I want to use POP3 as well. 1) I changed the POP3 Service to start Automaticly 2) Started the POP3 Virtual Server under "Protol" in the System Manager I am able to logon to the POP3 (and IMAP) server both with an Outlook Express client and with a telnet session, but I do not retrieve any mails. I tried to send an email both to myself and to another account / mailbox at the same server, bot...