Pop3 account not displaying in folders

I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works perfectly and
gives the "congratulations" message.  However, the account does not show up
anywhere.  No email displays and no folders are created anywhere within
Outlook.

This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage several
email accounts in one place.
0
DianeM (4)

No folders would be created. All mail from POP3 accounts would go into the
Inbox folder, which should exist already, unless you create rules to move it
elsewhere or turn on the Junk E-mail filter.

"DianeM" <DianeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works perfectly
>and
> gives the "congratulations" message.  However, the account does not show
> up
> anywhere.  No email displays and no folders are created anywhere within
> Outlook.
>
> This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage
> several
> email accounts in one place.

0
vince8328 (2732)
10/22/2005 3:14:55 PM
Yes, I read that in the Helps.  And I checked out the rules feature.  But the
emails are not showing up at all in the inbox either.  They are nowhere in
Outlook that I can find.  I can send via comcast through Outlook and I do
have it set up as the default, but no incoming emails are anywhere.

Thanks for your help.  Any other suggestions?

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> No folders would be created. All mail from POP3 accounts would go into the
> Inbox folder, which should exist already, unless you create rules to move it
> elsewhere or turn on the Junk E-mail filter.
>
> "DianeM" <DianeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works perfectly
> >and
> > gives the "congratulations" message.  However, the account does not show
> > up
> > anywhere.  No email displays and no folders are created anywhere within
> > Outlook.
> >
> > This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage
> > several
> > email accounts in one place.

0
DianeM (4)
10/22/2005 3:26:03 PM
Check your views to see if you have a filtered view of your inbox that is
hiding the mail.  Turn on your Advanced toolbar and use the dropdown to
ensure that the view is all messages.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, DianeM asked:

| Yes, I read that in the Helps.  And I checked out the rules feature.
| But the emails are not showing up at all in the inbox either.  They
| are nowhere in Outlook that I can find.  I can send via comcast
| through Outlook and I do have it set up as the default, but no
| incoming emails are anywhere.
|
| Thanks for your help.  Any other suggestions?
|
| "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| No folders would be created. All mail from POP3 accounts would go
|| into the Inbox folder, which should exist already, unless you create
|| rules to move it elsewhere or turn on the Junk E-mail filter.
|| "DianeM" <DianeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
||| I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works
||| perfectly and
||| gives the "congratulations" message.  However, the account does not
||| show up
||| anywhere.  No email displays and no folders are created anywhere
||| within Outlook.
||| This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage
||| several
||| email accounts in one place.

0
MillyS (3228)
10/22/2005 4:07:02 PM
Do you see Outlook attempting to download the mail? If you hit F9 do you see
download/upload activity?

> Yes, I read that in the Helps.  And I checked out the rules feature.  But
> the
> emails are not showing up at all in the inbox either.  They are nowhere in
> Outlook that I can find.  I can send via comcast through Outlook and I do
> have it set up as the default, but no incoming emails are anywhere.
>
> Thanks for your help.  Any other suggestions?

0
vince8328 (2732)

Exch 2000 public folder mounting problem
I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and reinstall OS and exchange 2000. I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. I would really appreciate if someone please walk me through to retreive my public folder. Thanks. In news:eGAE%23MpWHHA.4384@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Mehbs <msamani@comcast.net> typed: > I just had to put 3 new hard drives in my existing server 2000 and > reinstall OS and exchange 2000. > > I am trying to mount public folder and I am keep getting an error. > > I would really appreciate if someone plea...

POP3 not connecting
I have a random problem with users getting a "cannot connect to POP3 server" message & not receiving mail. The POP3 address is correct. The mail site is up & working fine - in fact I can visit that URL at the same time I'm getting the "POP3" message & it goes there just fine. If we re-boot, it will connect right up & no more problems with Outlook finding the site... I have 40 users on a win2000 server network with exchange2000 running & Outlook2000 client on each machine. This problem comes up on 1 - 2 users per day Joe Rogers wrote: &g...

limit display of data on continuous form by date
I am drawing a complete blank. I want to be able to limit the display of data on a continuous form which is used for data entry by date. I want to be able to display data by start date and end date, or start date and no end date, just like one would for a report. On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:43:04 -0800, Anne <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am drawing a complete blank. I want to be able to limit the display of data >on a continuous form which is used for data entry by date. > >I want to be able to display data by start date and end date, or start date...

Mailbox Access or Public Folders Rights
Hi Imagine you have some team projects that must share their information by WEBMAIL. So i've thought in two ways of doing that but i need someone advice how to make it work. 1 . Implement/create an e-mail address that should allow the following points: -> mailbox ProjectXptoMailbox -> user james: has full control -> user alice: read access -> user john: read access -> user mary: read access Each one of the users to access this mailbox account must autenticate with their own user credenci...

Converting Accounts Payable Vendor numbers
Company uses GP (version 8.00g19) for about 5 years, but will be converting to 10.0 at end of fiscal year (after audit is completed). When company was first setup, vendor numbers in AP were randomly assigned numbers; with turnover, the new "regime" had started using an alphabetic system which has led to duplicate vendor IDs in the system when researching history. Is there a way to convert the old vendor IDs into the new IDs while maintaining history? Budgets are tight (as everywhere). -- pes Microsoft sells the Professional Tools module/library or you can go to an outside v...

Help with Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003
I'm trying to add an Exchange Public Folder to my Favorite Folders in Outlook 2003. The Outlook 2003 Help says to right-click the desired folder and select "Add to Favorite Folders". This method works with folders inside my Mailbox, but nothing happens when I try it on a Public Folder. Any ideas anyone?? Add it to your Public Folder Favorites first and then add it to the favorites folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account w...

cannot delete account in address
Dear all, I have a mixed exch5.5 and ex2k enviroment, when I deleted mailbox in ex2k the account still can view in exch5.5! Stephen Look at you Recipient CA and make sure deletions are on. Otherwise you can import the csv into the 5.5 Admin from the ADC folder that has the deleted objects. On the server where the ADC is installed, there is a file named Ex55.csv that is created in the Program Files\MSADC\MSADC\Name of Connection Agreement folder. This .csv file contains a list of all the deleted Exchange 2000 mailboxes that were not replicated to the Exchange Server directories. -- Hop...

consolidate accounts
I have 3 email addresses (accounts) from my isp. They all show up in my folder pane separately and each has their own "inbox", "trash", etc. folders. Can I set it up so that all the mail comes into just 1 inbox and there is just 1 "sent", "trash", etc.? Can I make the individual accounts invisible in the folder pane? Try "View - Layout - Folder pane - select "show Quick View" check box. This will put all of the unread mail from all of the Inboxes into one. Then you can collapse all of the individual accounts so you only...

Delivering mail to an Exchange inbox locks Outlook, but delivering to Personal Folders works fine.
Hi, The subject of the message says it all! Any ideas ? Best regards, Chris Which version of outlook and if OL2003, are you using cache mode? Is an Antivirus scanner running on exchange? Do some messages display then it locks up? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://w...

Unable to set up new credit card account
I am trying to set up my new credit card account, but I keep getting the error message "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared." However, I am online. I am not working offline. When I started the program, the work offline box was cleared. I logged in using my passport. Online updates are working. So, what's the problem? FYI: I am using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe. Version 14.0.120.1105 Does anyone have suggestions? (Please do not suggest that I switch to Q...

Multiple Hotmail Accounts
I know this has been asked previously but, PLEASE HEL I have for the longest time used OE but have recently been converted via work to use Outlook 2003.. I can set up all my accounts fine but as soon as they try to get folders everything freezes until i shut it down and remove the other hotmail accounts...Any advice would be greatly appreciated try adding one account at a time and verify it works properly. How many hotmail accounts are you using? It may freeze because it's checking each account one at a time. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 ...

Outlook 2007 Folders disappearing without being deleted
I am having a similar problem as Nancy. I have clicked on a folder in the inbox and I think I moved my mouse a small amount and the folder disappeared with all the emails that were stored within it. I searched Deleted files, Junk, other folders close by but cannot locate it. I have done this over the past 6 months about 3 times. Does someone hold the answer to this issue? If you moved the folder, they should still be there. When you search for an item that you know should be in this folder, is it found then? An easy way to do an Outlook wide search is by using the "All Ma...

POP3/SMTP external authentication error "550 5.7.1 Unable to Relay"
Hey guys(and Gals) I am having some problems here trying to allow a client to access and send mail from an outside source via pop3 connection. I have a Windows 2000 Server with SP4 and Exchange Server 2003. I have all of the default settings in place. In addition, I have an SMTP connector in place with the default reccommended settings My default settings for the SMTP virtual server include the following Authentication = Anonymous, Basic, Integrated Windows Authentication Relay = Only the list below (with a blank panel), Allow all computers which successfully authenticate... I have the ...

Online updates for Scottrade, Inc. account.
I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe since December 2005, without incident. In recent days, however, the program has been unable to successfully download updates for my Scottrade account. Using Internet Explorer, I am able to sign in to my Scottrade account, without any trouble, so it appears that Scottrade's servers are running properly. Any idea what the problem may be, and/or how to fix it. Thanks, Jeff "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B402D3C4-C926-4055-981E-688BC9BE2767@microsoft.com... >I have been using Microsoft M...

Not default browser msg displayed everytime IE8 32 started.
Platform is WIN7 64. I have run two different scanners for viruses, malware and spyware and nothing is found. It just started today and no updates were installed. Internet options indicates that it is the default browser and check for default is checked. If I uncheck the check for default the warning msg does not display. Also scanned the registry and no errors were detected. Does anyone know what IE8 reads to discover the default browser? IE8 32 and IE8 64 are the only installed browsers. The system has been running for two months without any problems. I use the IE8 64 ...

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

Displaying images in CListCtrl
Hi, I have a Report-style CListCtrl and I need to display an image in the second column of the list control. Calling SetItem() by specifying the image index from the ListCtrl's imagelist member and the subitem index corresponding to the second column does not work. I can only get the image to display in the first column, and I dont want the image there. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Gautham You're going to have to derive you're own class from CListCtrl and draw it yourself. Here are a couple of links to articles where they use bitmaps in CListCtrls that ma...

Disabled accounts and mail forwarding
Ok, I have a Exchange 2k3 here... I've disabled an employee's account (laid off) and have set up email forwarding from her account to mine, in case there are customer inquiries... How do I set it up such that when anybody emails her, it would say "cannot find such recipient" or some such notice telling customers not to send to that email again? It apparently doesn't do that as it's able to find a recipient - me. Thanks in advance. R Green Workaround: - Enable account - Set up an Out-of-Office message Downside: This only sends a message once to every recipient....

POP3 Ques. Outlk 03. Exchange server. want to rec'v POP3 but not
My desktop runs XP with Outlook 2003. Attached to office network. Network has an Exchange server. I have three email accts set up: Exchange - my office email; a POP3 acct which is my personal acct; and an IMAP acct using gmail. I have no problem with the Exchange acct or with the IMAP acct. I receive email via the POP3 acct. My Outlook is always trying to send on the POP3 but is unable to do that. I don't care. I want to turn off sending on the POP3 but receive the POP3 email. I think the constant effort to send on the POP3 acct is slowing my Outlook performance. An...

Questions on Accounting
We have 8.0 and have had it for nearly a year now. In March I was asked to take over the accounting department, I did so not knowing anything about accounting but how to balance my own checkbook, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Here are my questions: 1. When I print out a Trail Balance in A/P, I notice that there are transactions that are false or just should not be there. How do I get rid of them so they do not appear on my A/P reports? Ex. Bill was paid but still shows being open needing to be paid from 2004. 2. Can I close out the month of July without closing Jan -...

How to display "8" correctly in German Os or Regional Setting with German?
Hi guys, I have encountered another question about Unicode char. See my case1: Case1: LPCSTR lpstr =3D "-=3D<8"; When I change my regional language form English to German, the code is changed to LPCSTR lpstr =3D "-=3D<=A1=DE". The "8" has been changed to wrong characters. The running result of release is also not correct. Case2: CString str(_T("-=3D<8")); When I change my regional language form English to German, the code is changed to CString str(_T("-=3D<8"));. The "8" has been changed to "8". The running res...

Accounts Button
I have Outlook and use Word as my editor. My partner has Outlook and uses Word as her editor. For some reason, when I edit, I get an "accounts" button which allows me to switch from one email account to another. She does not, even though multiple accounts are set up. Is she doing something wrong in that she doesn't get this accounts button? Please respond by email if possible. aldewitt@sprintmail.com What versions of Outlook are you each using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the...

Webhosted POP3 without a Exchange POP3
Hello, My current environment includes a windows SBS 2003 domain with exchange 2003. Our e-mail currently is being webhosted and most of our users have Exchange POP3 mailboxes setup. This is working just fine for getting mail from the Internet. The problem that I am having is that I have a user who has a webhosted POP3 account but is not setup with a Exchange POP3 mailbox and since the user is not setup with the mailbox I can not send her e-mail and I get an error about an e-mail that does not exist at the organization. This makes sense because no Exchange mailbox was setup. I can not se...

Accounts downloads
I am running Money99 on a 433Mhz Celeron machine. My Bank has just switched to software which does not support accounts information downloads for anything less than W2000. Is there a newer version of MSMoney (say 2000) which would run on my machine or do I have to handkey all my info from here (newer machine is not in the budget). Appreciate any real answers, -HED- In microsoft.public.money, HaroldE wrote: >I am running Money99 on a 433Mhz Celeron machine. My Bank >has just switched to software which does not support >accounts informat...