pop up alerts on sending mails!

Hi,

I have an automatic mailer in my application and it iterates thro' all the
messages in the queue and having made a connection uses Outlook to send
them, but during testing I get alerted twice once when it accesses the
contacts list and then again when it is about to send the message, is this
something that can be circumvented.

I have read bits and bobs over time about Exchange, does the pc with the
internet connection need to have it running or something?

What's the story on this one?

Anyone know?
Thanks in advance
Colin B

Welcome to the enhanced security introduced with Outlook 2000 (SP2) and
later clients.  You should head to
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm and
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm.  This should help you
understand what is going on and what options are open to you.

"Colin Basterfield" <colin.basterfield@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an automatic mailer in my application and it iterates thro' all the
> messages in the queue and having made a connection uses Outlook to send
> them, but during testing I get alerted twice once when it accesses the
> contacts list and then again when it is about to send the message, is this
> something that can be circumvented.
>
> I have read bits and bobs over time about Exchange, does the pc with the
> internet connection need to have it running or something?
>
> What's the story on this one?
>
> Anyone know?
> Thanks in advance
> Colin B

0
neo5748 (288)

opening windows mail
I can open Windows Email by just clicking on the email icon under the start menu w/o needing a password on MY pc, but how can I access my emails from a different computer? Appreciate some help. It depends on what protocol your email account(s) use. Webmail accounts ( Hotmail/Live, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a web browser. Messages stay on the server. IMAP accounts (AOL, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a client email program (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.). Messages stay on the serve...

Single user can not send attachments?
E2003 O2003 I have a single user who gets an error when sending attachments to SMTP addresses outside the organization. Other users can forward his email to that same recipient without an issue. The error received is: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" which as always could mean a million things, all of which do not seem to apply here. On 15 Jan 2007 07:39:45 -0800, mqcarpenter@gmail.com wrote: >E2003 O2003 > >I have a single user who gets an error when sending attachments to SMTP >addresses outside the organization. Other users can forward his e...

"Send As" add-in for Word?
Open Office has a really good feature in that you can do a "Send As" a Microsoft Word 97-2003 document with no reference to the format of the document that is being edited. This would be a really good feature for Office 2007 and upwards because it doesn't affect the base document format at all. This means that (for example) I can open a docx document and do a "Send As" ..doc document without having to do a "Save As" first. Does anyone know of an add-in that could replicate such a feature? Word 2007 already includes this ability. Set the defau...

Workflow generated pop-up messages
I'm using CRM3.0. I would like to know if it's possible from within workflow code (using c# code) to trigger a message (dialog box) back to the web client. So for example if a field is null, display a pop-up message dialog back to the web client such as: "You must enter a Search name before proceeding" I know it's possible to perform validation from within Workflow manager, however the workflow Manager as far as I know, cannot send dialog box pop-up messages back to a Web client. Note that using client side scripting event triggers is not suitable in this situation, ...

SPAM ALERT
Why are some of my emails identified as SPAM ALERT and others are not? How do I control the settings. When I send an email to myself, I always get the spam alert tag. Check your anti-spam software - this is not a function of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: milty <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Why are some of my emails identified as SPAM ALERT and | others are not? How do I control the settings. When I | send an email to myself, I alwa...

some type of pop up blocker
When i try to access certain areas of CRM 3.0, there is some type of pop up blocker or something that will not let the next window open. I have disabled my pop up blocker but it still occurs. When i put the mouse pointer in front of the pop up blocker message, it states no pop ups were blocked. Some have worked by holding down ctrl or alt but others will not open the new window. Any ideas or suggestions? MT - if you have any toolbars installed in IE (google, MSN, yahoo, etc) uninstall them. there are lots of reported cases where disabling them isn't good enough, you need to un...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Mail Router Issue with BCC to CRM Users
I recently ran into an issue where BCC to CRM emails from CRM users to other CRM users (or to themselves) are not able to be posted into CRM. Below is one scenario that can cause this. 1. UserA sends an email in CRM to a customer and CC's UserB 2. UserB then replies to the email and then changes the To address to the customers address and also BCC's himself. 3. The BCC copy is routed back into UserB's mailbox (btw he does this so he can file away a copy of the email in Outlook) and is then forwarded to the crm mailbox by the crm forwarding rule. 4. The CRM Exchange Mail Router ser...

Send Exchange mail first than send mail in local Laptop.
I work offline with my Outlook Mail on my Laptop. When I connect to my Exchange Server 5.5 it trys to send out my mails. If my Exchange mailbox is full the Server does not sent out my mail. It sents back to my Laptop as undelivered mail. Then it download all my mails from my Exchange mailbox to my local Laptop Outlook Mailbox. Now as my Exchange Server Mailbox is empty I am able to send mails. So I have to resent all the undelivered mail. If the Exchange Server downloads all my incomming mails first and sent out my mails later than I would not have the above problem as my Exchange mail...

pop sound !
I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see what its trying to notify me of ? sixpack wrote: > I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" > well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see > what its trying to notify me of ? How did you find it was a 'system notification'? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html So are you te...

Sending From Multiple Accounts #2
I have 3 email accounts setup (each valid on a different service providor). If I send an email from Account A while offline, then connect to Service Providor B, Outlook with automagically change the account and send it from Account B! (The email goes out from Account B email address with the Account A signature.) I presume the thinking is that Outlook can't send it from Account A (because the Account A SMTP outgoing server wont accept email when not logged onto Service Providor A) so it tries to send it from Account B instead. This obviously causes grief if you want to keep two parts of...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...

Mail is 30 minutes later in receiving that Sky mail.
Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows live mail, many of my mail receipts are much latewr than in Sky mail. In fact I wish I could go back to using Outlook Express. There is no mechanism in Windows Live Mail that would cause a delay in receiving mail. If you want to analyze where the delay occurred, study the 'Received:' time stamps in the full headers (Ctrl+F3). Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Sputnick" wrote in message news:97592C80-C985-4438-BCDB-CC7496B96986@microsoft.com... Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows l...

mails cannot been displayed in OWA, but outlook is OK
Hi there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, but it's ok if you use outlook. any idea please let me know! thanks On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:49 +0800, "johnosn" <zqs_163@hotmail.com> wrote: >there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, >but it's ok if you use outlook. >any idea please let me know! Are they able to log in to their mailboxes using OWA? Can they see anything in their Calendar, or Contacts? Use the EMC and find the mailbox. Is it a "User Mailbox"? With...

e-mail #23
The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay in my inbox - please help.How do i fix it? Ikechukwu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, > when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- > mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail > goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay...

Opening a form from a Pop-up
I have a pop-up form I have created so that instructors can double-click on a user number and a New Student form is supposed to open. I have done several pop-up boxes to open other forms and they all seem to work just fine. However, on this particular pop-up, when I double-click a number, I get the following error message "The specified field '[UserNumber]" could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement." I am using a query to draw the information and there is only one table being used in the query. When I check the SQL statemen...

Pop Up comment not popping up
All of the sudden my pop up comments stopped working. In fact my macros have errors and everything is wigging out. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try? Thanks, Julie ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** ...

unable to send outbound mail using outlook
I've enabled the smtp virtual server on our new exchange server and have our domain's mx record pointed to it. I've redirected our clients to point from our ISP's mail server to ours, but outbound mail is not working. when i tried to telnet to our server and do a "mail from: " of a local account, it's saying invalid address. Is there a separate setting to enable using this SMTP virtual server for outgoing mails? -Jerry Sorry... my mistake. I simply enabled message relaying and it works now. "jerrydy" wrote: > I've enabled the smtp virtua...

Still can't send photos
I have tried everything I can think of in the way of "settings" in Outlook 2003 , but I still cannot send .jpeg images. The pictures appear in my sent folder, but do not reach my e-mail recipients. The messages arrive with no indication they were ever there. The text of the messages depart and arrive perfectly. It is just the pictures that disappear. I have tried both embedding the photos and attaching them, but neither method works. I have Outlook 2002 installed on another computer and have no trouble with pictures in that program. I have tried reducing the size of the...

Sending xls files to pc xlsx users

Outlook send/receive #7
Suddenly, Outlook will not send or receive any mail. It has been working, but from one boot to the next it just quit. Now I can only send/receive using Express. The POP3 and SMTP are the same for both and the "Test" feature says it is "OK", sending a test message that it does not recieve. When I check mail in OE...there is the test message. I removed Outlook, it is part of the Office suite, and reloaded but no good. Is there any other ideas...a patch...a fix... Thanks, Paul... What version of Outlook and what error message do you get when you use the test account settin...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

SMTP Mail #2
I have a rather weir problem. I'm attempting to send email and it constantly fils to the same domain all the time. This is the only domain that I can't send to. I have a smrt host on exchange 2003 pointed to our antispam/antivirus server which sends it out. Our MX record is hosted by our ISP. They are claiming there is nothing wrong on there end and they can send on there end without a problem. Is there a way to send SMTP mail to their mail server throughtelenet or some other way. I want to prevent wiping out the smart host configuration which would bypass the antivirus ...

This message just started coming when trying to send e mails
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Read: FM Mini Marathon', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 The message states that your account has been blocked. Go to http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=1 and see if...

Negelected case alert
I am looking for some help on whether the following is possible? I want to get email alerts sent automatically to "management" and/or "owner" should cases be "in progress" for long than x hours/days. It would appear that this is a fairly standard requirement for most case management system, but there is no easy way of configuring this in MS CRM. It also looks like hours, only days are tracked for each case. So does this mean that even if you do the custom programming, check the age of the case and invoke the email ection, it would only work on no of days anywa...

New email notification and unread mail
System: XP/Outlook 2003 I have about 20 rules that redirect my incoming mail into my subfolders. I’ve set up a rule that displays a new mail desktop alert no matter what. Now, I would like to have an envelope in the system tray if there is still anything unread – just like in the old version (I think OE works the same way). Is it possible? Anyone? Should I just not file messages before I read them? "Stan Q." wrote: > System: XP/Outlook 2003 > I have about 20 rules that redirect my incoming mail into my subfolders. > I’ve set up a rule that displays a new mail des...