POP Mail in Outlook 2003

How is POP Mail stored in Outlook 2003?  OST file?  PST
File?  and where is it stored by default?
0
anonymous (74740)

You'd only have an OST file if you connected to an Exchange server and set
up cached mode to sync to an offline file. If you don't use Exchange, it's
in a PST file.

CC wrote:
> How is POP Mail stored in Outlook 2003?  OST file?  PST
> File?  and where is it stored by default?

0
lanwench (7567)
2/25/2004 1:52:11 AM
It's stored in a .PST file by default...unless the user is connected to
Exchange and the Exchange server is pulling down the POP mail, in which case
the messages would be stored in the Exchange mailbox.  .PST files can be
located anywhere on the drive but http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
will tell you the default locations for Outlook files.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:0c0201c3fb23$bbc6a210$a501280a@phx.gbl,
CC wrote:

> How is POP Mail stored in Outlook 2003?  OST file?  PST
> File?  and where is it stored by default?

AD, exchange, outlook 2003 and terminal services on the same server
Hi, does anyone have some experience or a working system with the following config: - I have about 30 sites, max 5 clients/site, slow lines (128k), all connected to our main exchange. - I want to configure 1 server/site with AD, Exchange and terminal services, local users will connect to local TS via ThinClients (RDP). - All servers will connect to 1 central point (Router,VPN), emails are transfered through the central exchange. some points: - RDP (TS) to the central is not possible, lines are not very reliable, users must be able to work even if connection is down. - Outlook/Office 2003 on ...

opening windows mail
I can open Windows Email by just clicking on the email icon under the start menu w/o needing a password on MY pc, but how can I access my emails from a different computer? Appreciate some help. It depends on what protocol your email account(s) use. Webmail accounts ( Hotmail/Live, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a web browser. Messages stay on the server. IMAP accounts (AOL, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any computer using a client email program (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.). Messages stay on the serve...

Outlook 2003 track changes
In both Outlook XP and 2003 I do not have the option to click on track changes for replying to emails? Help ...

MSCOMM Control with Excel 2003
What is the correct version of MSCOMM to be used with Excel 2003. I am experiencing very strange behaviour and do not understand the root cause. Thank you in advance, TomC ...

Workflow generated pop-up messages
I'm using CRM3.0. I would like to know if it's possible from within workflow code (using c# code) to trigger a message (dialog box) back to the web client. So for example if a field is null, display a pop-up message dialog back to the web client such as: "You must enter a Search name before proceeding" I know it's possible to perform validation from within Workflow manager, however the workflow Manager as far as I know, cannot send dialog box pop-up messages back to a Web client. Note that using client side scripting event triggers is not suitable in this situation, ...

some type of pop up blocker
When i try to access certain areas of CRM 3.0, there is some type of pop up blocker or something that will not let the next window open. I have disabled my pop up blocker but it still occurs. When i put the mouse pointer in front of the pop up blocker message, it states no pop ups were blocked. Some have worked by holding down ctrl or alt but others will not open the new window. Any ideas or suggestions? MT - if you have any toolbars installed in IE (google, MSN, yahoo, etc) uninstall them. there are lots of reported cases where disabling them isn't good enough, you need to un...

Unable to find mail server...
I'm running Outlook 2002 & can't get it to work. I keep getting the error message: Task 'mail.mydomain.com - Sending and recieving reported error (0x800CCC0D) : Unable to find the mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.' I am using the same settings in Outlook Express & it works fine. I've even deleted the account in Outlook, & imported the settings from OE & still have the same problems. I have tried putting the IP address of mail server in account properties & have also tried the detect & repair option. ...

mail deleted from public folders
Hello, I have a problem regarding mail in a public folder. Part of the mails has been deleted by accident. I have a backup in which these mails have been backed up but it is not very recent and I cannot just restore the backup as I will loose some of the more recent mail in the folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction: How can I restore part of a public folder from backup? I'm running ex2k3 ent and std. on w2kserver and w2k3server Kind regards, David http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180117 http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci931903,00.html?offer=e...

WSUS 3.0 on SQL 2005 and SBS 2003 R2
Hello all, did some searching on a new situation but did not find specific info... SBS 2003 R2 Premium, ISA installed 2 NICs all patched up... Original installation did not include WSUS 2.0 , we now want to install WSUS 3.0 on the SBS Server but want it to be on SQL Server 2005. How do I create an instance in SQL to prepare it for WSUS 3.0 installation? I also need the DB to be placed on another Drive/Partition if possible. Thanks, Dan "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdudeiq@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:eLeT#pYsKHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello...

Outlook 2002
I have a Windows XP client, SP1 with Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) in a network with a Exchange5.5 server. It's possible to send mails without any problem at all. But when I recieve mail, I don't get them immediately !! I must click on the Send/Receive buttom to get me mails, or I must create a new mail before I get my mails !! How do I get my mails immediatly ? What's the problem ? Help please ? I have other Windows/Outlook clients which are working fine ! Peter Jensen wrote: > I have a Windows XP client, SP1 with Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) in a > network with a Exchang...

outlook express #190
hi can anyone tell me whwre outlook express stores mails and under what file extension. Best regards Mohammad shamsi mohammad@shamsi.com ..dbx. Your best resource for Outlook Express questions will be a group for that program. This group is for Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has no relation to Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will b...

pop sound !
I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see what its trying to notify me of ? sixpack wrote: > I get a pop sound and I checked to find its a "system notification" > well nothing shows up on the screen so where can I check to see > what its trying to notify me of ? How did you find it was a 'system notification'? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html So are you te...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Mail Router Issue with BCC to CRM Users
I recently ran into an issue where BCC to CRM emails from CRM users to other CRM users (or to themselves) are not able to be posted into CRM. Below is one scenario that can cause this. 1. UserA sends an email in CRM to a customer and CC's UserB 2. UserB then replies to the email and then changes the To address to the customers address and also BCC's himself. 3. The BCC copy is routed back into UserB's mailbox (btw he does this so he can file away a copy of the email in Outlook) and is then forwarded to the crm mailbox by the crm forwarding rule. 4. The CRM Exchange Mail Router ser...

Send Exchange mail first than send mail in local Laptop.
I work offline with my Outlook Mail on my Laptop. When I connect to my Exchange Server 5.5 it trys to send out my mails. If my Exchange mailbox is full the Server does not sent out my mail. It sents back to my Laptop as undelivered mail. Then it download all my mails from my Exchange mailbox to my local Laptop Outlook Mailbox. Now as my Exchange Server Mailbox is empty I am able to send mails. So I have to resent all the undelivered mail. If the Exchange Server downloads all my incomming mails first and sent out my mails later than I would not have the above problem as my Exchange mail...

Global Address List in Exchange 2003
Hi! I'm rather new to exchange 2003. I've installed it in my organization, previously we had 5.5 installed. i installed it as a second server, moved users to it, moved global address lists to it. now i have a problem: I want to create an address list. Here's what i need: i have several contacts on @psc.ru domain i have several contacts on @belam.net domain and a couple of recepients on @belam.com domain. I want an address list that will include all recepients from all these three domains...but when i create a filter, ldap query is AND'ed...and no-one gets to that list...what ar...

Can't send to a certain e-mail address / When used message stays in Outbox / Business Contact Manager
Hi, Have been investigating many articles on e-mails not being sent and remaining in Outbox. I've now narrowed it down to e-mails intended to be send to a specific e-mail address. I'm using WinXPHome Dutch, Office 2003 Dutch with Outlook's Business Contact Manager (BCM) I even changed BCM from an English version to a Dutch version recently but that didn't solve the issue. When I use multiple addresses in the same e-mail it apparently IS sent to all others except for that specific one. Even funnier, when I delete that specific e-mail address from the addressees the e...

Mail is 30 minutes later in receiving that Sky mail.
Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows live mail, many of my mail receipts are much latewr than in Sky mail. In fact I wish I could go back to using Outlook Express. There is no mechanism in Windows Live Mail that would cause a delay in receiving mail. If you want to analyze where the delay occurred, study the 'Received:' time stamps in the full headers (Ctrl+F3). Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Sputnick" wrote in message news:97592C80-C985-4438-BCDB-CC7496B96986@microsoft.com... Since changing to Windows 7 and having to use Windows l...

How do I move the sent file from live.com to Outlook 2007?
I just had to reinstall windows and I thought I had backed up everything in Outlook before I did, but somehow the Sent Files weren't complete. They are all online on my hotmail account and I want to get them into outlook 2007. In OL2007, I occasionally get a sign at the lower left saying it's trying to download, but it's currently at 20 out of some number of thousands, and it only intermittently shows up. I have a very fast internet connection which is in good shape, am running Vista Ultimate 64. Thank you. I've been working on this problem for three days. ...

Outlook Express Mail Transfer
I have recently got a new computer with WINXP - outlook express 6 on it. My previous computer was windows95 using outlook express 4. What i want to know is how to move my mail messages from my folders on my old computer to folders on my new computer. (OE4 to OE6) I have placed the messages from the old computer onto a cd and they are in the format of .MBX and .IDX, i dont quite know what this means and how to import them into the new computer. Help! please. Sam Cousins wrote: > I have recently got a new computer with WINXP - outlook > express 6 on it. My previous computer was windo...

Outlook 2003 bug?
I recently purchased new machine w/ XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro. Prior to that I was using Office 2000 without any problems. Outlook 2003 has an account on my internal Exchange 5.5 server as well as an external SMTP/POP3 server (VPOP3). The SMTP/POP3 server is the server I use for Internet mail. The sporadic problems I am having thus far include; - multiple copies of the same message being received and not removed from the SMTP/POP3 server. Sometimes 17 copies of the same message will appear in the Inbox, other times, only a single copy may arrive, other times, there may be 4 copies, etc., ...

e-mail #23
The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay in my inbox - please help.How do i fix it? Ikechukwu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The original e-mail disappears when I do a reply? I mean, > when someone sends me an e-mail and when I reply to the e- > mail, the original e-mail disappears. Why? the sent mail > goes to my sent item but the original e-mail doesn't stay...

mails cannot been displayed in OWA, but outlook is OK
Hi there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, but it's ok if you use outlook. any idea please let me know! thanks On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:31:49 +0800, "johnosn" <zqs_163@hotmail.com> wrote: >there are 2 accounts in our Exchange which cannot display any mails in OWA, >but it's ok if you use outlook. >any idea please let me know! Are they able to log in to their mailboxes using OWA? Can they see anything in their Calendar, or Contacts? Use the EMC and find the mailbox. Is it a "User Mailbox"? With...

Problem adding address to Net Folder calender Outlook 2000 since SP 3
Hello, since I have updated to SP 3 with Outlook 2000, I am not able to add an address to my net folder calender. The button is still active but nothing happens if I press it. Does anybody has the same question and can help me? Thanks for the Reply. Best regards, Mathias Ulmer ...

Exchange 2003 & active directory
My active directory seems to be missing. I can not modify, delete preestablished email users but I can still create new users but not assign them to preestablished groups. Your AD is not missing. You do appear to be having problems though. Give us some more detailed information on your environment and the exact nature of the problems.. Nue "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47C3505A-E532-4DE0-ADC8-F80C8A5402D7@microsoft.com... > My active directory seems to be missing. I can not modify, delete > preestablished email users but I can still ...

Opening a form from a Pop-up
I have a pop-up form I have created so that instructors can double-click on a user number and a New Student form is supposed to open. I have done several pop-up boxes to open other forms and they all seem to work just fine. However, on this particular pop-up, when I double-click a number, I get the following error message "The specified field '[UserNumber]" could refer to more than one table listed in the FROM clause of your SQL statement." I am using a query to draw the information and there is only one table being used in the query. When I check the SQL statemen...