Pocket Outlook(Mobile 2003) and Exchange 2000

Hi guys/gals, is there a way for Pocket Outlook on MS Mobile 2003 to
communicate with the Exchange Server 2000(not as IMAP/POP3 but full
feature of Outlook/Echange-Client)? I know that the Exchange 2003 have
that functionality built in but we do not want to upgrade our Exchange
2000 infrastucture as yet. With the above constraint, what option do I
have? Is it possible to install exchange server 2003 without using it as
a server but just use its functionality as Mobile Access Gateway?

Thanks
0
meteum (3)

You would be better served asking Exchange related questions in an Exchange
group.  You could also query the folks in
microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync to see if they know of any way to
connect to Exchange 2000 through a 3rd party tool.  They are pretty
knowledgeable.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, M. Eteum asked:

| Hi guys/gals, is there a way for Pocket Outlook on MS Mobile 2003 to
| communicate with the Exchange Server 2000(not as IMAP/POP3 but full
| feature of Outlook/Echange-Client)? I know that the Exchange 2003 have
| that functionality built in but we do not want to upgrade our Exchange
| 2000 infrastucture as yet. With the above constraint, what option do I
| have? Is it possible to install exchange server 2003 without using it
| as a server but just use its functionality as Mobile Access Gateway?
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS (3228)

How do I add Publisher 2003 to Office 2003?
I have Office 2003 with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. I want to add Publisher 2003. How? "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5F1EBEF-CF92-4955-9C83-F794E28F0608@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2003 with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. I want to add > Publisher 2003. How? 1) Buy it: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=Microsoft+Publisher+2003&x=11&y=21 2) Install it. -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http://www.markrae.net (Gotta love a simple response. :-) ) -- JoAnn ...

outlook 2000: messages stuck
Hi. I have messages that are delivered, i do not get error and recipient gets it. But the messages all remain in my outbox and do not move to my sent mail folder ...

Datas from old Outlook to new Outlook
Can anybody tell me how I can copy datas - time schedules of callender, to do notices - from an existing outlook to a new installed outlook on another computer so that I can work there with that informations. Thanks in advance. Karl-Heinz Copy the Outlook Data File and open it in the new installation. The file you need to copy is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm -- ...

No longer able to open docx files in Word 2000
I have the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack installed on my old Win / MS Office 2000 PC and I'm pretty sure I used to be able to open docx files, but I can't open them any more for some reason. Word 2000 comes up with a 'very helpful' error message saying "There was an error opening file" (this happens with any/all docx files). I uninstalled and re-installed the Compatibility Pack, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thank you. Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk Any suggestions? Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk On 17.05.2...

Outlook XP and VPN
My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? "=?Utf-8?B?UGVycnk=?=" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:915F9EA9-C3F8-42E9-A6E2-611B7AA19773@microsoft.com: > My sales force can not use Outlook when they VPN to our network. > Everything seems fine on the mail server. When they open Outlook, they > see their mail, but can not do anything with it. Any suggestions? What do you mean by "can't ...

CRM Exchange Mail Router for SBS
I setup a mailbox to be used by the CRM Exchange Mail Router running on SBS 2003. The CRM mail worked fine in CRM 1.2 on this box, but now all email is being returned to our CRM users when they try to send mail. I have the CRM mailbox address set as crmmail@domainname.local. Is this not correct? Should I have it set to crmmail@domainname.com even though our .com email comes through an ISP, not through Exchange? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Winmail.dat problem with SBS 2003..and yes i have read the other wiinmail posts
Ok, so I have read thru all the winmail.dat posts in this group and the outlook group, problem is most of them are geared towards ex 5.5. Well I have sbs 2003 and I have one user in my entire company that can not send a excell spreadsheet to one recp. without outlook 2003 i converting into a winmail.dat. I have tryed everyhting I can think of. I reinstalled outlook. I have sett all the options to send as plain text globally and for that contact that gets the winmail.dat files. I have been working on this for a while, but I do believe I checked the setting on exchange to allow the user to ch...

Pocket Money 2004
I have my PM2004 installed on my Pocket PC 2003. On the Today screen I have my Money Icon. However I don't want my accounts showing up. With some of the accounts I can uncheck the "display on today screen" to get rid of it. How do I get rid of the other accounts... checking , cash, credit card accounts???? In Today/Settings/Today/Items, you should be able to uncheck any account, or just uncheck Money altogether. I keep everything unchecked except cash (so I know when I need to make a run to the bank). :) On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:20:46 -0400, "Jonathan B. Jung" <...

How do i import addresses from web-mail to outlook
Please can someone help me by giving me advice about how i can import my address book from a web based email to Outlooks?? ...

Strange Publisher 2003 fault
Hi, Here is a description of a fault I am experiencing with Publisher 2003 - clean install and fully patched on Windows XP Pro. You select a block of text and increase the text size ( ctrl + } ) as a word reaches the end of the text box rather than auto-hyphenate or go to the next line it 'wraps' letter by letter until the whole word is on the next line. Any suggestions? TIA, Bart. I can't duplicate your fault. Maybe you are using a strange font, in any event it isn't a big deal. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.m...

Excel 2003 Pivot Table Interactivity
With Office 2003 Web Components installed, I saved a Pivot Table Report as a web page with interactivity. When I clicked the final Publish btn., the P.T. opened in I.E. with interactivity. Using AceFTP software to upload the P.T. to my personal web site, all I got was the P.T. field layout and no labels or data. The data field had the following message: No Details. The query could not be processed: The data provider didn't supply any further error information. What am I missing? ...

is there a way to disable outlook globally
I would like to run a script against each company that would disable out look on the homepage. This script would have the same effect as if I whet in and changed it manually. Or is there a dex.ini setting? I did check out the two post you have on your site but they did not offer a solution. This is the script I used to do just that: UPDATE DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100 SET Visible = 0 FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.SY08100 WHERE COLNUMBR = 1 AND SEQNUMBR = 3 AND Visible = 1 --AND USERID = 'dpatrick' -- uncomment this if you want to do it only for a specific user AN...

Outlook, Hotmail and Incredimail
hi, I would like to use outllok or even outlook express instead of incredimail. however for some reason in outlook there is no way i can work out how to download my hotmail inbox instead of synchronizing which serves no purpose for me. I can sometimes be away from my computer for days and i get alot of emails in my hotmail account. Using Incredimail i am able to just leave it running and Incredimail will download new hotmail messages and delete them from the server without a problem. Why can't outllook do it the same? i can't even make a rule for outlook to automatically move my h...

Outlook 2000 allowed FIRST LAST;FIST LAST Outlook 2003 does not?
In Outlook 2000 I used to be able to enter names first name then last name separated by semicolons. In Outlook 2003 I can only enter names last, first;last, first. I don't think this way. How do I re-enable the old behavior? ...

Synchronizing phone with Outlook
Hello all, I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's calendar. Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$) Is there free software out there that can do this? I've seen a free program called BitPim, but it doesn't seem to work through Outlook, and it doesn't support a lot of phones. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Rex In article <1121903248.630422.110770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, rex.eastbourne@gmail.com wrote: > I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow...

Outlook Views Disappear
I have setup a number of custom views in Outlook at work. They are always there when I first start Outlook but after a while, they disappear. Strange part is that maybe 1 or two of my custom views will show but the rest are gone. I have to close outlook and restart to get them back. Vicious circle. Anyone else seen this type of behavior. If so please respond to thulj@express-scripts.com Thanks Joe ...

outlook express to outlook
How do you install microsoft and get it working after you have been using outlook express for some time now if anyone has anuy idea please let me know ...

How Security Encryption in Outlook 2000
Q1) How do I determine what I'm using? Q2) Do I use both of these updates that the MS update website suggested after scanning my system? Updated 128-Bit Encryption Provider for Outlook 2000 256 KB / Download time = < 1 min at your connection speed If you are using 128-bit security encryption in Outlook 2000 and you are not using Windows 2000, you need this updated dynamic-link library (DLL) if you install Outlook 2000 Service Release 1a (SR-1a). Last modified date: 08-Feb-2000. Detailed information about this update ============================ Updated 40- or 56-Bit Encryption Provide...

View 2002 files from Publisher 2000
I have been given a file to review that is a Publisher 2002 file format. I have Publisher 2000, is there a conversion or utility that I can download to be able to view this file? No, sorry. Ask the originator of the file to save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob" <bobjr@teklam.com> wrote in message news:86d901c43233$4157a3c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been given a file to review that is a Publisher > 2002 file format. I have Publisher 2000, is there a > conversion or utility that I can download to be able to > view t...

Outlook 2007 Rules & Alerts problem
Just recently my OUtlook 2007 freezes when I try to work with Rules (Tools > Rules & Alerts). Wheneve I try to open that command I get the dreaded hourglass, which does not go away until I manage to shut Outlook with Task Manager. Questions: (1) what could have caused this to happen? And (2) how can it be fixed??? 1) Not enough information. Could be a slow connection to the server or a corruption in the pst-file. For this see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 2) Try starting Outlook with the /cleanrules switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /cleanrules (note the spa...

Outlook/Outlook Express Help!!!!
I have both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express. For some reason I am unable to receive incoming mail on Outlook even though my default is Outlook, It only comes through Express. What else could it be? Please help. I would start removing outlook express all together If you don't want to do that then atleast remove your email account in outlook express. >-----Original Message----- >I have both Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express. For some >reason I am unable to receive incoming mail on Outlook >even though my default is Outlook, It only comes through >Express. W...

Copying calendar in exchange server
We just updated our network to include exchange server in conjunction with Outlook 2003. Is there a way to copy our entire personal calendar to the public calendar set up on the exchange server? Thanks in advance for the help. switch to a table view - group by works well - and select and drag the items to the public calendar. You'll need copies left in the local calendar if you want to receive reminders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engi...

Switch from OE to Outlook
What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook and keep all emails, contacts, etc? double click on outlook. Say 'yes' when it asks whether you want to import N "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017e01c3ce34$66569f40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What would be the best way to switch form OE to Outlook > and keep all emails, contacts, etc? need more info, are you on a mac or windows machine. what versions are you running on oe/outlook. If you are on a windows machine, you can use the import/export wizard in outlook. >--...

how to set up e-mail in Outlook.
I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook. The help section says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail account, but it's not on my computer. Yes, I'm sure! Can anyone help me? Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word? What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes....

Outlook Sync issue
One of my users all of a sudden had this problem. Last Friday, she found her Outlook2003 will not receive any new emails. I checked the Exchange 2000 server and her mail-box, they look good and I was able to use another PC and her ID to access her mail-box and see lots of new emails. So, I did reinstall the Outlook 2003, delete ost file and re-sync and go through MS article 842284. But it is still the same thing. She can not get new emails. However, when I remove ost file and re-sync, she will see the old emails until Friday. In her Outlook folder, there are sync errors. I don't think thi...