The journal is very important to me but it doesn't seem to be working.

A) The contact list only displays 1/3 of my contacts (A-I)

B) When I do check one of those boxes to track a contact, nothing
automatically appears in the journal

please help

thanks in advance

that dialog is a PITA. :) Go to the contacts folder and choose the phone
list view from view, current view (or the advanced toolbar's current view
selector) one of the last fields is Journal. Add and remove checks to that
column to change the journal status. If you make a custom view that groups
by journal field you can drag contacts to and from the groups to change the
status.

Why is it only A-I? Hard to say. Do you have a lot of contacts? (well into
the thousands is a lot) Do you use more than one contacts folder?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Scott Goldstein" <sgpmediamail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The journal is very important to me but it doesn't seem to be working.
>
> A) The contact list only displays 1/3 of my contacts (A-I)
>
> B) When I do check one of those boxes to track a contact, nothing
> automatically appears in the journal
>

> please help
>
> thanks in advance

0
dianenws (1904)

CRM Outlook Setup
I've been struggling to get the outlook client setup. The configuration wizard finds the CRM server but then validates all the pre-requisites have been met. It keep telling me that it failed to determine whther Microsoft outlook has been initialized. Im using outlook 2007. It's fairly urgent I solve this but im at a loss as to what to do. Shot in the dark: is it possible you never activated Office 2007? Did you make sure that the user already had an Outlook acount set up? Is the user a local admin on the machine? "Anonymous Bosch" wrote: > Shot in the dark: ...

OL Setup help?
WXP SP2 PRO IE 6 I have been using OE 6 but having to many problems with it trying to send & receive pictures? Would like to learn how to use Outlook is their a free website etc that will assist a new user of outlook to setup and use it for multiple users? Tried the import mail & address and it imports all messages from all users on OE to one of the profiles in outlook? How do you keep them separate? Thank you Felix -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 83 s...

Please help me!
Like an idiot, I followed my husband's advice and signed into MSN Messenger through ebuddy.com. I didn't like it, and now I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It shows the link on Messenger while I'm signed out. Such a pest! Can you help me? I can't find any answers through Googling it. ...

Outlook CRM Contacts
I have two computers running the MSCRM plugin, one client seems to have valid and updated contacts underneath Microsoft CRM Contacts, Accounts... The second computer is not updating and has old contact and account information in it. Is there some kind of cache that I need to clear? Why could this be happening? All other functions in the CRM part seem to be working fine. This is a brand new install of CRM 3.0 Pro running Exchange and SQL on the same server. There is only a couple clients in the database that I created and deleted while testing out this software. Any help so I can m...

Outlook Freezing #2
Hi I am migrating users from one exchange server account to a new exchange server. I have one user who is running Windows 2000 with Office 2000 SR-1. He is connecting using VPN. We removed his old exchange account and added the new account, when Outlook is opened all of his new e-mails appear in the inbox, however the application locks up and does not recover. Any idea's on why this might be occuring? Thanks! ...

HELP: survey data collection & analysis
I need urgent help and am new to Excel. I've got 5 excel surveys which is similar to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/ExportExamples/ExportExamples.zip I am using SurveyMonkey.com to do 5 surveys (which are all exactly the same), however it's separated for 5 societies. Results can be downloaded/exported as CSV files (as you can see in the ExportExamples.zip file). So there are 5 of those ExportExamples.zip (above), one for each society am surveying. How can I combine the 5 Condensed.csv files so it's one big file? I need the Condensed in one big file. Then I want to make Excel...

Please help 03-08-10
I am really sorry I have left msg here a week ago but I can not find it now. I found out what I need to do. Here is example A B C D 1 222 333 343 OK if I put 1 in A1 it is going to show above for columns B, C, and D If I put 2 in A different numbers will show and so on for 6 categories. Now if it is 2 and in be for wxample should be 454, in A 12 should put them in categories. Category 1 (if A=1 B=222) should say Category 1, if it is 332 It is still category1. Here is my formula =IF(B27>1109,"Category 1",IF(B27>...

Help Please #2
Hello There i'm experiencing a very weird problem lately with my E2k Srever. This started 10 days ago. Whenever i create a new user, the user can logon his mailbox using OWA, but somehow they can't create an outlook profile. Everytime the user tries to create an outlook profile, the server comes bak with the prompt of username, password and domain name, despite that the user is logged on the domain. I made sure that this wasn't a name resolution problem by logging on the same machine and configuring my own profile. to make things complicated, when i log in as admin and configure th...

Help with formula
Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100) Mike wrote: >Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help >Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100) Will this do what you want? Expr1:Int([DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+0.005 * 100) / 100 -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Mike "...can't ... get this to work ..." could mean a lot of things. Does it run but return incorrect values? Does it fail to run and gives an error message (it would be helpful to know what that message sa...

Problem with formula refering to a formula. Need Help!!!
I have a column of values and one of the rows' values comes from a formula. I'm trying to get the sum of these rows. But when I do the sum function it will not add the row that has the formula in it to the total at the bottom. it adds all other rows correctly though. On my last years document this worked correctly now it no longer works. this is a new layout. I found that if I put "value (sum.....)" around the entire sum function it will calculate the correct sum and include the formula row. I have 10,000 of these columns that need to be added so I have no idea on how to get ...

Urgent, Please. FE/BE
Good morning. I am mounting two servers Exchange FE/BE. The FE this in DMZ and BE in my LAN. In the installation of the FE I have only marked in Exchange System Manager - General the stall "this it is FRONT SERVER." What happens that I have a doubt. As this server this inside my AD (I have taken measures in Firewall for the security), the format of messages of Internet are as "company-local.net" and it should be "company.net." you that there are not problems for this because I execute the Assistant For mail of Internet and there I configure to "Receive...

Outlook Express #170
Does anyone know how to keep OE from removing attachments that are sent with an email? Thanks Jim Tools->Options->Security. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&...

Need help for serialization/deserialization in ms-crm
Dear Sir/Madam. If you can give me some suggestions, I'll appreciate your help. I am using CRM 1.2. Basically, this is what I want. I would like to use serialzation/deserialization in CRM web service. For example, suppose that I want to use CRMAccount class. As you know, CRM sdk provides account.xdr for integration purose. So, xsd account.xdr -> to convert this one to account.xsd -> once I get the account.xsd xsd account.xsd /l:cs /c -> It generated account.cs file. I thought that I could use this file for serialization/deserialization.. However, it didn't work what I e...

Need help with a WiFi connection
My system is Windows XP Pro, Service Pack3, RAM I.00 GB, Processor Speed1.50 GHz-on a Dell Latitude D800, with a WiFi conn. Anymore it will lose connection when I play a video-it didn't used to do that, what about the laptop could I check or configure to strengthen my WiFi connection? Your help in solving this problem is appreciated very much. James James wrote: > My system is Windows XP Pro, Service Pack3, RAM I.00 GB, Processor > Speed1.50 GHz-on a Dell Latitude D800, with a WiFi conn. Anymore it > will lose connection when I play a video-it didn't used to do th...

Excel Chart Data Series Help
Please advise on how to graph one line data series in different color without changing the colors to each data point. Thanks. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Have you tried the Vary colors by point option? Select the line and press CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. On the options tab is the Vary color checkbox. mysteri4ever wrote: > Please advise on how to graph one line data series in different colors > without changing the colors to each ...

Help with Excel Workbook
I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a construction workbook, so there many separate categories that have to total costs For example, electric, plumbing, misc....etc...and then theres a totals page. What is the easiest way to input info? Can I input all info on one page. thanks Not sure if this has anything to do with Outlook. You might have better luck posting in an Excel newsgroup. "Nina" <Nina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E171EE5-5679-4210-9D00-E7649A0FB909@microsoft.com... >I am updating a workbook and very behind. It's a...

outlook #159
does anyone know how to configure outlook e-mail account for aol email? Thanks angel Ask AOL for their IMAP help.. Otherwise, Outlook does not work with AOL since they use a closed proprietary system. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, angel asked: | does anyone know how to configure outlook e-mail account | for aol email? | | Thanks | | angel ...

Custom paper size problem please Help
Hi I created a custom paper size named "Bar" in this way : control panel -->printers-->file-->server properties-->new form then i create a report in access2002 and set the paper size to "Bar" the custom paper which I created above . the problem is when I put the program on another computer the report which i create white custom paper "Bar" does not print correctly and when I check the paper size for the report on another computer it set to paper size "Letter". I must say that Befor copying the program on the another computer I Am creating th...

Corrupted File Attachments sent from Outlook
I am running Outlook 2003 and CA Suite 2007. I recently started having problems with some users being unable to open file attachments in email I sent to them. Sometimes they show up as mime files sometimes as corrupt files. I can send the same message to mulitple users and some users will be able to open the file but others cannot - especially AOL email users. I have seen a similar problem reported on this forum (262385) but no solution. Does anyone know how to solve this? I am about ready to dump the CA Suite. It was free through RoadRunner and their suggestion is to reinstall it. "L...

Outlook to Access.
Using Outlook (Not express) export emails. I am Exporting to a access Database. How ever it does not export the date field. Since the date is a vital need in my project. Does any know how to overcome that restriction. ...

Please help me with this judgment
Hi all, I need this function to deal with thousands of records. Please give me a hand. Thank you very much. I would simplify my problem to the following question. Say I have a column A and B in sheet1, A1=fdhjsa, A2=rieqrew, A3=mxnvvc,..., A10=rewkjrk. Now I want to set a judgment to corresponding B cell, if "fdhjsa"(A1) exist in sheet2!$A$1:$Z$500, then B1="yes", else B1="no", if "rieqrew"(A2) exist in sheet2!$A$1:$Z$500, then B2="yes", else B2="no"... and so on. One more question, could I set B2 a color instead of a value of "...

how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003
I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages altogether? ...

Help with creating a formula...
Hi everyone, I am trying to set up an excel spreadsheet that does the following calculation: (enter Number) Is Percentage of (enter number) User Inputted Number Calculated by excel User Inputted Number Any suggestions or tips? Thanks in advance! Rick D. If I understand this correctly, you want to divide the # in Column A by Column C and display it as a percentage Column A Column B Column C 1 Enter column titles in this row 2 Entered # B2 ..Calculated # Entered # In cell A2 and...

Outlook XP #28
I just installed Outlook on my notebook. I attempted to send an email and got the following message; interface not registered. What is "interface not registered". I ran MS help and as usual with MS Help it provided everthing from cooking to stock tips but nothing resembling the pop up message. Can anyone tell me what "interface not registered" means and how to correct it so I can start emailing again? Thanks, Dave ...

HELP
I am fed up with 2005 refusing to load on my desk PC, however it is running on my Notebook ok. Is there anyway I can convert 2005 files to 2001, if I can, I will ditch 2005 and run 2001 on both compters after converting the files. Regards Peter See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=17. "Peter Cleife" <p_cleife@movistar.com> wrote in message news:OJBxq8ElFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I am fed up with 2005 refusing to load on my desk PC, however it is running >on my Notebook ok. > Is there anyway I can convert 2005 files to 2001, if I can, I will ditch > ...