PlanPlus v 3 (and Outlook 2003 SP2) - install problems, uninstall problems, bugs?

(Sorry for the duplicate posting to .thirdpartyutil - wanted to
crosspost to other groups).

I'm running Outlook 2003 SP2.  I've tried to install Plan Plus v3
(build 778, I think) and keep having problems w/the install.  It also
doesn't seem to uninstall fully, because PlanPlus is still in my menu
bar.

The Franklin Covey help folks don't have an answer, so, unless there's
a way to install what looks like a really good program, I'm going to
give up.

Anyone here have any successful install experiences, and if so, are
there any bugs after you get it installed?  And do you like the
program.

TIA.

0
dubya (1)

I recently installed both the trial version for Outlook and the regular
version for the desktop. Both run without any problems here. In fact, I
haven't been able to make them crash in testing.

I like both programs a lot. Each has functionality that the other doesn't.
It would be nice to have the funtionality of both in one program. I would
like to have the (simple) Project Tracker in the desktop version. The
Outlook add-in is slow loading modules.

You might want to try the desktop version. It has an excellent sync function
that syncs everything, or just what you want, with Outlook, and works both
ways. Really nice. It's also much more customizable than the Outlook
version.

Good luck.

"dubya" <dubya@bush.com> wrote in message
> (Sorry for the duplicate posting to .thirdpartyutil - wanted to
> crosspost to other groups).
>
> I'm running Outlook 2003 SP2.  I've tried to install Plan Plus v3
> (build 778, I think) and keep having problems w/the install.  It also
> doesn't seem to uninstall fully, because PlanPlus is still in my menu
> bar.
>
> The Franklin Covey help folks don't have an answer, so, unless there's
> a way to install what looks like a really good program, I'm going to
> give up.
>
> Anyone here have any successful install experiences, and if so, are
> there any bugs after you get it installed?  And do you like the
> program.
>
> TIA.

Question about Journal in Outlook
Hi all, I have a very simple question. Can we customise the Entry Types for Journal? The default that Outlook provides are Phone Call, Conversation, Task, Microsoft Excel, etc. Can we add our own? I ask because in my office we use Journal for work collaboration, and it would be helpful if we can create our own Entry Types such as "Sales Inquiry", "Site Visit", etc. Can anyone help? Thanks! CQ ...

viewing crm emails in Outlook inbox
In crm 1.2 when a workflow fired off an email message it was sent to the recipients CRM and Outlook inbox, it appears as 3.0 doesn't do the same. Is there a way to get the email messages generated by a workflow in the CRM to appear in the recipients inbox. My issue is that people are not keen at having to track email messages in two places and they don't want to use CRM as there main interface for emails. Thanks, John ...

Missing Users from GALs on 2003 Enterprise
Hi, We had a single domain using 2 exchange 2000 servers and have now upgraded to a single 2003 Enterprise server. All GAL and RUS role were moved across successfully and the world seemed bright and shiny. Then a dark thunderous cloud appeared in the shape of the GAL. I have added 4 or 5 users since the migration, but the last two do not show up in the clients (Outlook 2003) GAL when caching is enabled. I have forced the download of entire address book (Not just changes since last download) but still these newest users refuse to appear. Unfortunately I need caching turned on as one remot...

Outlook 2003 Vista
I have 2 boxes - 1 XP and 1 Vista. Both set configured with static IP's. Mail accounts work fine on XP but won't send or rec'v on the Vista machine. Rec'v error "Outlook unable to connect to POP3 e-mail server. Able to hit everything else, network, web just fine on Vista box just not email. Have turned off firewall, virus software with no change in result. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jetson Another bit of info, I just tried Windows mail on the Vista Machine and it works fine. Have uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled, still no go with Outlook. Sorry, you’ve lan...

How to track email reply's in CRM 3.0
Hello. Was wondering if anyone knew how to "track" emial reply's in CRM 3.0 Example: I open a lead and send an email activity to the lead email address. It creates a GUID in the subject of the outlook message. When the person replys, I want this email to be automatically sent to the LEAD I emailed from and put right into the activity of the lead. Any suggestions? let me also clarify, do I need the CRM for Outlook installed for this functionality to work? If not, how is it setup on exchange to do this? "Michael" <mike.derry@mbo.nxtierusa.com> wrote i...

Outlook 2003 opens to the wrong profile
I have two profiles, one for business, and one for home. The business one uses MS Exchange, but until a few months ago, neither profile was on Exchange and I still had the same problem. The problem is this: I have the Mail Setup profile preferences set to "prompt for a profile to be used." Every now and then, I lose the prompt, and Outlook starts to open to the same profile every time, even if I go back to Mail Setup and try to open the other profile by overriding with the "always use this profile" option. A reboot always fixes the problem for a while. The problem occ...

dynamic charting #3
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

Member variable for a control v.s. GetDlgItem
Hi, I know there are 2 ways to access a control in a dialog. 1. Via member variable ("m_" something) - hooked by DDX_Control() 2. Via GetDlgItem() Can someone please tell me if there're differences in choosing either one of them? I mean... like... which one is faster or more efficient in terms of memory usage and stuff. Please advice, thanks! -P Paul wrote: > I know there are 2 ways to access a control in a dialog. > 1. Via member variable ("m_" something) - hooked by DDX_Control() > 2. Via GetDlgItem() > > Can someone please tell me if there'...

insert contacts from CRM to Outlook
I know that when I press "Track in CRM", an Outlook contact in automatically inserted in the CRM db and kept synchronized from then on. But when I insert a new contact in the CRM directly (not through Outlook), how can I "copy" that new contact in Outlook automatically and keep it synchronized from then on? Is it possible? Regards, Panagiotis This should happen automatically for you based on the synchronization profile for the CRM Outlook Client. It beforms periodic background synch processing and should pickup new records on the server that are not yet refle...

Outlook 2003 update & Franklin Covey PlanPlus Software
I installed the update for 2003...I use Franklin Planner Plan Plus Software for hotsyncing with Palm. My "inbox" appears on bottom portin of screen, but preview does not work. When you go into View>Reading Pane>all options are faded. Additionally, the toolbar across top of Inbox is faded and not accessible (moved, delete, reply, print, etc.. If I open the message, everything is fine. I attempted an "detect and Repair", but it did nothing. Any suggestions are making the reading pane options available on my screen? ...

MS CAL Licensing Problem
CAL Licensing Problem: I have recently changed our licensing over from per server to per client. We have more than enough CALs to cover all the users on our domain. My understanding of the difference between per server vs. per client is that for each server the correct # of licenses must be purchased for each server for each user connected. For per client licensing, my understanding is that every user on the network must have a cal. This cal allows them to connect to any server on the domain without infringing on ms licensing. The problem is... Admin tools-licensing, one server, ...

Error message
Hello, I am in need of help. I recently uninstalled McAfee Virus Scan Professional and installed McAfee Security Suite 7.0. Now, each time I open Outlook 2002 SP-1 I get the following error message: The Add in C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\vso\outscan.dll could not be installed or loaded. Unable to load outscan.dll. You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. I am able to open Outlook and send & receive email. What do I need to do to correct the error? I have tried running the Detect and Repair with no luck. Thanks for your assistance, lj It looks li...

CSliderCtrl problem: channel resize
Hi, How does one resize a slider/trackbar control's "channel" in realtime? I've tried CSliderCtrl::MoveWindow() in response to WM_SIZE but this only resizes the slider's client area. Thanks "Spitfed" <Spitfed@tesco.net> wrote in message news:OOImtjBcDHA.2024@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How does one resize a slider/trackbar control's "channel" in realtime? > > I've tried CSliderCtrl::MoveWindow() in response to WM_SIZE but > this only resizes the slider's client area. I just put a TBS_HORZ style CSliderC...

Cannot send emails using outlook 2002
I have two email accounts set up in outlook 2002. I can receive emails on both but my emails wont go out. They are returned for "relaying prohibited. You should authenticate first" What do I have to do to fix this? Authenticate. Check your server tab on the Account properties. Set it to authenticate. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J...

Setting up Outlook Profiles automatically
I manage a bunch of computers which different users log onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook to automatically configure the Outlook Profile so I don't have to go to each computer and configure it after the user logs on. Any suggestions? Robert Do you have a Windows domain? If so, might want to consider roaming Windows profiles - will work for Outlook and all other personalized settings. Robert Hoenig wrote: > I manage a bunch of computers which different users log > onto daily. I'm curious to know if I can setup Outlook > to automatically confi...

CRM for Outlook Error
Cannot get CRM for Outlook configured properly. During setup, we get the following errors: "The remote server name could not be resolved: 'dynamicsserver1' After hitting OK, the next error message we receive is: "Mandatory updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM could not be applied successfully. Try running the application again". On the inside, the URL we (think) is correct is: http://dynamicsserver1:5555/xxxxxxxx/loader.aspx On the outside, the URL we (think) is correct is: http://mail.xxxxx.com:5555/xxxxx/loader.aspx Both work internally and externally when we go to t...

Toggle Button #3
Hi, I am constructing a spreadsheet, which has several ToggleButtons. Everything is working fine, except for the one toggle button, which has its TripleState, set to be TRUE. The offending formula (of which, the final argument is troublesome), appears below. IF(A1=TRUE,"The Maximum Amount",IF(A1=FALSE,"The Median Amount",IF(A1=#N/A,"The Minimum Amount"))) Where am I going wrong? Regards, Mick2 -- mick2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mick2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&useri...

Writing Exchange 2003 DR documentation
Hi there, I'm not sure to be in the right group. I will however post my message here. I actually don't have problems with my exchange environment, my question is more disaster recovery oriented. I'm trying to put in place all possible problem scenarios with decision tree to help decision maker.take decisions (in case of disaster). I'm System engineer in the company, and competences are more active directory oriented. However, in my daily job, I support exchange users and I'm "exchange administrator" too. You know, budget restrictions. So, I will as...

silly word password protection problem
Is it possible to make all word documents password protected by default. If not WHY ? Using a bit of VBA code, your could do it. If you create a macro with the name of FileSaveAs, that macro will run in place of the File>SaveAs command Here is the information on the SaveAs method in the Visual Basic Help File that you would have to use in the macro: Document.SaveAs Method Saves the specified document with a new name or format. Some of the arguments for this method correspond to the options in the Save As dialog box (File menu). Syntax expression.SaveAs(FileName, FileF...

Outlook xp freezes up
After opening outlook will freeze up and I get " The instruction at "0x35169137" referenced memory at "0x04373490". The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program. I have all ready tried to repair and didn't help. A big Thanks to anyone that can help me with this. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook? If this just started did you try doing a system restore to the day it was working? "Kerma Ochoa" wrote: > After opening outlook will freeze up and I get " The instruction at > "0x35169137" refer...

How to enable AES in outlook 2007?
Currently i am installing windows 7 and install outlook 2007 but i am unable to select AES encryption algorithm. Please help how to enable AES encryption ...

Draft emails tracked in CRM crashing Outlook
Hello :) CRM 3.0 with outlook 2003 I'm having problems sending Draft emails from Outlook. I recieve a reply from a customer, and hit reply and create my email. The email is already being tracked in CRM and reguarding set. I then decide to send it after my lunch, so save the draft and go away. On my return, I add a few more lines of text then click send. When I do it either takes a very long time, or sometimes nothing happens at all and the applciation crashes. First the draft email freezes and then outlook application begins to hang. An error message then pops up stating &q...

Outlook 2000 Old PST to replace New PST
I have the PST file from my old computer and want to replace the new (empty of real data) PST file (Outlook-Today) with the old PST file which has all my data. I am able to open both PST files in Outlook 2000, but I can't find a way to default to the old PST file. No matter what, Outlook 2000 defaults to Oulook-Today, which is the new PST. I also can't find a way to "bulk copy" all the info in the old PST to the same categories in the new one (i.e. contacts to contacts, calendars to calendars, notes to notes). You'd think it would be easy to do this: grab an old PST f...

Thanks! #3
Thanks Dick!\ ...

CRM 3.0 antivirus and performance
We have an install where CRM 3.0 and Mcaffee Enterprise 8.0 antivirus is installed. When antivirus is disabled CRM performs noticeably faster. We tried to disable javascript scanning and scanning of CRM folders but that doesn't seem to help. CRM uses Temporary internet files and we can see in the on access scanner that it takes time to scan here. The customer won't accept not scanning temporary internet files. Is there a way to make CRM use another folder or minimize use of this folder. Are there any performance tweaks to use in CRM for Outlook to make it start faster so that the ...