Plain text messages are not readable

Hi everyone, sure hope someone can help.

I am running Office 2003, with XP Pro.

Apparently I have inadvertently changed a setting, because all emails
received in Plain Text are not readable. I can open them OK, but there is
nothing in the body of the message.

Additionally, if I create a new contact or calendar item, any info I enter
in the fields for "subject", "location", "name", "job title", etc. appears
OK. But any info I enter in the body of the appointment, or the contact, does
not appear. However, once I save the new item, then the data appears on the
screen. If I open the item back up, the info in the body disappears.

Does anyone know what's going on??

Thanks you guys for any help.

--
Jim
0

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Outbox message cannot be sent
I have an address list of less than 30 people. Each time I use the list to send a mail message it will not leave the inbox. The message that comes up is as follows: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail ad...

Locking Text Fields
I am trying to lock Text Field in a document that I am modifying. The document was not created by me. I am able to lock the text in a new document but would like to modify the company letterhed to lock text. Assistance would be appreciated. Kind regards -- Es See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a document in Word 2000 or higher?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ProtectWord2000PlusHeader.htm or, the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a Word 97 document?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

Great Plains software compatibility question
Our clinic has purchased Great Plains accounting software and would like to put it on a server. The server would also be the home of ARCserv and The Raiser's Edge. Anyone know of any compatibility issues? ...

Undelivered message for mail I didn't send
I'm starting to get some "undelivered mail" messages and the address that is shown is one that I haven't sent mail to, EVER. What is wrong, and how do I fix it? Thanks. is it spam or legit mail? Spammers often forge the from address so it has a better chance of getting through spam filters. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and...

PREVENT conversion of text to number?
I have a CSV file that I will open (or import) and which has one colum that contains serial numbers. The problem is that some of the number have this format: 123E567. Excel promptly converts this text to a number: 1.23E+569. Even if then change the format of the cell to text, it still keep the tex 1.23E+569. How can I either prevent the original text from being converted t begin with or how can I correct it after the fact? Best regards, Ke -- celticvalle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- celticvalley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

HTML messages received as plain text
Whenever I send a message in HTML format and receive a copy of it at my own inbox, it gets converted to plain text. I can't seem to find the place where I specify the default receive format or some other way to stop Outlook 2002 from converting my HTML format messages to plain text. I can receive HTML messages from others, but when I send one to myself as part of group e-mail, it always gets converted. ...

Disappearing text
When I paste some text from a web page into Word 2007, I can edit the text but it does not print. It does not appear in print preview either. However I can read it in Word. I notice the text has underlining. What gives? Sounds as if the text is formatted as hidden. Select it and clear the "Hidden" option in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D). If you see a filled box (instead of a check mark), just click the option twice to turn it off. (The filled box indicates different settings in the selection; for example, some text may be hidden while other text is not.) -- Stefan B...

How to load text into Excel from web?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from following web? http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Col. "A" formula is also an Array Formula. http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7407/nonamea.png Micky "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from > following web? > http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Could you please provide more description? Thank you very much for any suggest...

adding text in front of
Hi, I would like to insert a common beginning in front of all my lines of text on a certain collum . How do I do that , my text being different on each lines example from Bob to - Bob -- Our website : http://timmins22.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php Our Bible School : http://www.discoveronline.org/schools/647 try Sub adddash() mc=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row For Each c In range(cells(2,mc),cells(lr,mc)) If Len(c) > 1 Then c.Value = "- " & c Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

Designate Plain Text for Some Contacts
I'm using Windows Live Mail as my Windows default email program. I would like to designate only some of my contacts to receive Plain Text email, rather than HTML. Thus, when I select a Group to send an email to, I want some will get plain text, and others will get HTML. How can that be accomplished in Windows Live Mail? ROFL - you're joking right?! You think there is anything that sophisticated about WLM ? "pcOxygen" <pcOxygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E4A3FB-C61E-4DEF-B16C-512FBF8CE789@microsoft.com... > I'm usi...

Getting 550 5.7.1 'message rejected' from external senders
Hello, I have an an Exchange Server 2003 running and all has been well until I had a power outage. Ever since that my external users using pop3 mail clients like Outlook Express can not send mail to anyone outside the local users group. It acts just like the relay errors but I am allowing relays and the error is "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'gfgfgf', Account: 'www.domain.com', Server: 'www.domain.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Message rejected.', Port: 97, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69&quo...

Isolating a PO number in a text field
Hi, I have a text field that has both a PO Number and an invoice number. The people who have been inputing this field start with PO and then a four digit number. Somethings there is a space and other times there is not (PO4560 or PO 4560). Some of our POs also have a - followed by a letter (PO 4560-A). Whether or not the PO is four characters or six, the next part is a / followed by the invoice number (PO 4560-A/Inv 3433). What I want to do is to isolate the four or six digit number and exclude the PO and the / and everything afte the /. So I want to return a query that only has...

Replication of Database of Great Plains
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server Replication-It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. Another is, is there a problem that may occur? how to use replication in SQL? Please provide me some details thanks. What kind of replication do you want to do? You are limited in your options when dealing with Great Plains. I have a document that's been out for years but is still relevant since the GP architecture has not changed since it was ...

disappearing text
Version: 2008 I am working on a word Project Gallery and one page in the doc. has text that is not recognized in the toolbox and it disappears as I scroll down the doc. I can't seem to locate it to edit or wrap around a graphic. I need help ASAP because i have have it done by monday. help please. bob What do you mean "working on a word Project Gallery"? The Project Gallery is a setup of starter templates. Are you working on a set of starter templates, or are you writing a document based on one of those templates? What do you mean "text not recognised"? ...

How to format in a cell that has both text and a formula
I have a cell with this formula ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& ((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" The display is this James Cedric V. Sebua (5.55890410958904) And I want it to be this: James Cedric V. Sebua (5) Thanks Dave Hi Dave, Try: ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& INT((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:EA033D26-48C7-4D91-8855-621A76C8367D@microsoft.com... >I have a cell with this formula > > > =&...

Outlook changes dates on messages imported from Outlook Express
When importing e-mail messages from Outlook Express into Outlook, some of the original message dates and times are changed to the date and time of the import action. How can I import e-mail messages without losing the original date information? export from oe to outlook and the dates will be correct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center...

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

PLAIN plain text
I'm an unhappy user of Outlook 2003 (no choice...). One of the reasons for my unhappiness concerns sending text to people who aren't using Outlook. I initially went into the Outlook dlg box "Tools | Options", the "Mail Format" tab, and set the "Compose in this message format" drop-down to "Plain Text." But that wasn't good enough: two recipients (one a majordomo, the other running an unidentified email client on a *nix machine) got gibberish. The gibberish turned out to be uuencoded with the 64 bit format. While this is a standard format...

selecting text in a document
Hi All, I have a macro that seeks out a particular string of text in a document and then moves down one line and selects the remaining text nin the document and writes it to a variable and then uses it subsequently in the message section of an email. Recently this method has been failing because the text is not being selected. I don't know if the PC was in EST mode a the time but I need the macro to work no matter what. The code I use is as follows Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.Execute "Issued at" Selection.MoveDown wdLine...

font changing on forwarded messages.
Occasionally when I send an email, the recipients copy of the email has font irregularities. For example, one sentence will be typed in Arial 10, then next few sentences are in Arial 12, and then abruptly its changed back to Arial 10. Oddly, it doesn't display like this on my computer before I send the email. Also, it doesn't look like this in my sent items. However it does look odd on the recipient's side. It happens when I send it to different people. If they forward the email back to me, then I can see the font irregularities. I have tried format/reload of my Windows ...

Alignment of Combo Box Text
I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies to text boxes and labels. Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? "PosseJohn" <PosseJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269AC3AE-31A7-4C52-9208-EBC35E241074@microsoft.com... >I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies >to > text boxes and labels. > > Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? You just needed to look farther on Stephen's site: http://www.lebans.com/justicombo.ht...

merge unformatted date with text
My original date column was formatted 02/01/71. I created a new column and created a custom date format; 020171. I would like to take this column and merge it together with the last 3 digits of a column where a ss# resides. This column is a text column. For example, the new column should look like 020171008. Can anyone help? I tried this based on your example and used the =Text (originaldate,mmddyy) function and used a =Right(ss#,3) to create a new column for the last three of the ss#. Then Concatenated the two fields resulting in 02171999. Good Luck! >-----Original Message...

WMI messages
I'm getting the alert message below from WMI on a pretty regular basis. I'm not sure what to do with the information. The Event viewer is not adding anything that indicates a problem. Any ideas? MAMAIL1 has reported a Error. Reported status is: Queues - Error Drives - Warning Services - OK Memory - OK CPU - OK what parameters have you set for alerting on the server? "rockymtn" <sschaefer@monigle.com> wrote in message news:O25%23r3OpFHA.2904@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm getting the alert message below from WMI on a pretty regular basis. > I'...

Converting incoming email to plain text
Hi Is there any way I can configure Xch 5.5 to convert all received SMTP email to plain text ? I can't find any option. Thanks Dave ...