plain text #6

Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by
default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can
not find it in Microsoft Outlook.
Thank you

0
info908 (16)

There is an add-in that allows this -
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked:

| Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read
| messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such
| an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook.
| Thank you

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

CPropertySheet #6
Hi, I have a modal PropertySheet dialog in a wizard mode, developed with MS VS 2005. On system Windows XP it runs OK, but on the Windows 98, the first property page isn't displayed at all. I found out that OnSetActive method of this first page hasn't been called by the framework. Do you have any idea what's wrong? Is it any "bug" behaivior in MFC, as W98 is an old system and I am using MS VS 2005? As I said on newer platform there is not any problem. Thanks, Lubomir >I have a modal PropertySheet dialog in a wizard mode, developed with MS VS >2005. > &...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Locking Text Fields
I am trying to lock Text Field in a document that I am modifying. The document was not created by me. I am able to lock the text in a new document but would like to modify the company letterhed to lock text. Assistance would be appreciated. Kind regards -- Es See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a document in Word 2000 or higher?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ProtectWord2000PlusHeader.htm or, the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a Word 97 document?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

Great Plains software compatibility question
Our clinic has purchased Great Plains accounting software and would like to put it on a server. The server would also be the home of ARCserv and The Raiser's Edge. Anyone know of any compatibility issues? ...

HTML messages received as plain text
Whenever I send a message in HTML format and receive a copy of it at my own inbox, it gets converted to plain text. I can't seem to find the place where I specify the default receive format or some other way to stop Outlook 2002 from converting my HTML format messages to plain text. I can receive HTML messages from others, but when I send one to myself as part of group e-mail, it always gets converted. ...

PREVENT conversion of text to number?
I have a CSV file that I will open (or import) and which has one colum that contains serial numbers. The problem is that some of the number have this format: 123E567. Excel promptly converts this text to a number: 1.23E+569. Even if then change the format of the cell to text, it still keep the tex 1.23E+569. How can I either prevent the original text from being converted t begin with or how can I correct it after the fact? Best regards, Ke -- celticvalle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- celticvalley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Disappearing text
When I paste some text from a web page into Word 2007, I can edit the text but it does not print. It does not appear in print preview either. However I can read it in Word. I notice the text has underlining. What gives? Sounds as if the text is formatted as hidden. Select it and clear the "Hidden" option in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D). If you see a filled box (instead of a check mark), just click the option twice to turn it off. (The filled box indicates different settings in the selection; for example, some text may be hidden while other text is not.) -- Stefan B...

IE 6 sp1 error with owa
I sometime get blue boxes around icons in IE 6 sp1 on xp sp2. It does not happen all the time. If I use the ssl version it is fine. This is the script error that I get: ---------------------------------------- Line: 556 Char: 24 Error: Expected';' code:0 URL: https://<ip-address>/exchweb/6.5.6944.0/controls/ctrl_view.htc ----------------------------------------- This is what's running: windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Thanks, Fiore ...

adding text in front of
Hi, I would like to insert a common beginning in front of all my lines of text on a certain collum . How do I do that , my text being different on each lines example from Bob to - Bob -- Our website : http://timmins22.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php Our Bible School : http://www.discoveronline.org/schools/647 try Sub adddash() mc=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row For Each c In range(cells(2,mc),cells(lr,mc)) If Len(c) > 1 Then c.Value = "- " & c Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

How to load text into Excel from web?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from following web? http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Col. "A" formula is also an Array Formula. http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7407/nonamea.png Micky "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from > following web? > http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Could you please provide more description? Thank you very much for any suggest...

Can't Lock in To Font Size And Type in OE 6
I hope that I am in the right pew. I've posted on several help boards but can't get any help with my problem I have WINME and OE 6-- When I compose a message and I want to change the FONT size which is set on 12 to a larger size I change the size OK. Just as soon as I hit the first key the size jumps back to 12. The same problem with FONT style. It won't stay fixed to any style but ARIEL. I've downloaded IE and OE but that didn't help. Can I get a CD to install which may help--or can some one suggest corrective action on this board? Thanks Herman Hi - act...

Designate Plain Text for Some Contacts
I'm using Windows Live Mail as my Windows default email program. I would like to designate only some of my contacts to receive Plain Text email, rather than HTML. Thus, when I select a Group to send an email to, I want some will get plain text, and others will get HTML. How can that be accomplished in Windows Live Mail? ROFL - you're joking right?! You think there is anything that sophisticated about WLM ? "pcOxygen" <pcOxygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E4A3FB-C61E-4DEF-B16C-512FBF8CE789@microsoft.com... > I'm usi...

Isolating a PO number in a text field
Hi, I have a text field that has both a PO Number and an invoice number. The people who have been inputing this field start with PO and then a four digit number. Somethings there is a space and other times there is not (PO4560 or PO 4560). Some of our POs also have a - followed by a letter (PO 4560-A). Whether or not the PO is four characters or six, the next part is a / followed by the invoice number (PO 4560-A/Inv 3433). What I want to do is to isolate the four or six digit number and exclude the PO and the / and everything afte the /. So I want to return a query that only has...

Replication of Database of Great Plains
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server Replication-It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. Another is, is there a problem that may occur? how to use replication in SQL? Please provide me some details thanks. What kind of replication do you want to do? You are limited in your options when dealing with Great Plains. I have a document that's been out for years but is still relevant since the GP architecture has not changed since it was ...

disappearing text
Version: 2008 I am working on a word Project Gallery and one page in the doc. has text that is not recognized in the toolbox and it disappears as I scroll down the doc. I can't seem to locate it to edit or wrap around a graphic. I need help ASAP because i have have it done by monday. help please. bob What do you mean "working on a word Project Gallery"? The Project Gallery is a setup of starter templates. Are you working on a set of starter templates, or are you writing a document based on one of those templates? What do you mean "text not recognised"? ...

taking the techchek test for visual C++ 6
Hi all- a prospective employer wants me to take an on-line test on ikmnet.com on visual C++ 6. it has been about a year since i have done anything with VC++ 6, and then it was a rather small document/view application and help files to go along with it. i have until 8/16 to take it. any ideas. thanx. > a prospective employer wants me to take an on-line test on ikmnet.com > on visual C++ 6. it has been about a year since i have done anything > with VC++ 6, and then it was a rather small document/view application > and help files to go along with it. i have until 8/16 to take it. ...

How to format in a cell that has both text and a formula
I have a cell with this formula ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& ((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" The display is this James Cedric V. Sebua (5.55890410958904) And I want it to be this: James Cedric V. Sebua (5) Thanks Dave Hi Dave, Try: ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& INT((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:EA033D26-48C7-4D91-8855-621A76C8367D@microsoft.com... >I have a cell with this formula > > > =&...

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

PLAIN plain text
I'm an unhappy user of Outlook 2003 (no choice...). One of the reasons for my unhappiness concerns sending text to people who aren't using Outlook. I initially went into the Outlook dlg box "Tools | Options", the "Mail Format" tab, and set the "Compose in this message format" drop-down to "Plain Text." But that wasn't good enough: two recipients (one a majordomo, the other running an unidentified email client on a *nix machine) got gibberish. The gibberish turned out to be uuencoded with the 64 bit format. While this is a standard format...

selecting text in a document
Hi All, I have a macro that seeks out a particular string of text in a document and then moves down one line and selects the remaining text nin the document and writes it to a variable and then uses it subsequently in the message section of an email. Recently this method has been failing because the text is not being selected. I don't know if the PC was in EST mode a the time but I need the macro to work no matter what. The code I use is as follows Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.Execute "Issued at" Selection.MoveDown wdLine...

merge unformatted date with text
My original date column was formatted 02/01/71. I created a new column and created a custom date format; 020171. I would like to take this column and merge it together with the last 3 digits of a column where a ss# resides. This column is a text column. For example, the new column should look like 020171008. Can anyone help? I tried this based on your example and used the =Text (originaldate,mmddyy) function and used a =Right(ss#,3) to create a new column for the last three of the ss#. Then Concatenated the two fields resulting in 02171999. Good Luck! >-----Original Message...

Alignment of Combo Box Text
I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies to text boxes and labels. Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? "PosseJohn" <PosseJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269AC3AE-31A7-4C52-9208-EBC35E241074@microsoft.com... >I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies >to > text boxes and labels. > > Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? You just needed to look farther on Stephen's site: http://www.lebans.com/justicombo.ht...

Converting incoming email to plain text
Hi Is there any way I can configure Xch 5.5 to convert all received SMTP email to plain text ? I can't find any option. Thanks Dave ...

Great Plains Users getting 'STUCK' in Great Plains
I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting this.. I have a user that continually gets hung in Great Plains 7.5. EVERY morning when she tries to log in, her account is already logged on and I have to go into the User Activity Security screen and delete her active session - then she is OK until the next time she logs out and tries to log in again. Yesterday and Today - my 'sa' account got locked in two different companies. Thank Goodness I had a 3rd company to log into and then kick myself out. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Are you running ...

text control suggestions
Hi all, I hope this question isn't OT in this group. I'm looking for a good text control to edit full-text database records. It should support hyperlinks, preferably tables and pictures and it should be able to contain a lot of text(100 MB will do). We are currently using TX Textcontrol, but that doesn't meet our requirements (it cannot hold more than 22k of data within a table). I've been searching the web, but can't find any good alternatives. Anyone here who can suggest a nice control? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Ruben. "Ruben van Engelenburg" <r...