Plain text #2

In replying to any incoming email message (no matter the
format), how does one set the default to reply in plain
text? I know that it can be done by individual email, but
can it be set for all replies?

TIA
0
Tom624 (2)

borders #2
In a spreadsheet, we have placed "broken-line" borders in red to make them stand out. What I want to do is to make those broken-line borders crawl while the viewer is looking at the spreadsheet on the monitor. How can I make that happen? I think they are called "running ants" or "crawling ants." Mary Lu I think you mean "marching ants" which you see around a copied but not yet pasted area. Also called a "marquee" which is the proper name for it. You cannot replicate this with borders unless you used VBA code which would render your sh...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Locking Text Fields
I am trying to lock Text Field in a document that I am modifying. The document was not created by me. I am able to lock the text in a new document but would like to modify the company letterhed to lock text. Assistance would be appreciated. Kind regards -- Es See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a document in Word 2000 or higher?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/ProtectWord2000PlusHeader.htm or, the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a Word 97 document?” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/...

Great Plains software compatibility question
Our clinic has purchased Great Plains accounting software and would like to put it on a server. The server would also be the home of ARCserv and The Raiser's Edge. Anyone know of any compatibility issues? ...

duplicate emails being sent #2
Hello all Runnign exchange sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. I ahve a user who complained that she got an a duplicate email from another user. Both users are on the same exchange server. When i look a message tracking and specify the user who sent the duplicate email, i can see that there are two emails wit hthe same subject and are going to the user who got the duplicate. When i look at the user sent items who sent the duplicate, i only see one email being sent to the user. So Message tracking is saying that there were two emails, but in the users sent items i only see 1. What can i do to try...

HTML messages received as plain text
Whenever I send a message in HTML format and receive a copy of it at my own inbox, it gets converted to plain text. I can't seem to find the place where I specify the default receive format or some other way to stop Outlook 2002 from converting my HTML format messages to plain text. I can receive HTML messages from others, but when I send one to myself as part of group e-mail, it always gets converted. ...

PREVENT conversion of text to number?
I have a CSV file that I will open (or import) and which has one colum that contains serial numbers. The problem is that some of the number have this format: 123E567. Excel promptly converts this text to a number: 1.23E+569. Even if then change the format of the cell to text, it still keep the tex 1.23E+569. How can I either prevent the original text from being converted t begin with or how can I correct it after the fact? Best regards, Ke -- celticvalle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- celticvalley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Linear Trendline #2
Excel has created a linear trendline with its equations from the following points: X Y 1 4 3 12 6 15 the equations are: y = 2.1053x + 3.3158 R2 = 0.8681 I wonder if you can tell me how excel create this linear trendline from the points shown. Thanks in advance. Maperalia Maperalia - Excel uses "ordinary least squares," i.e., matrix operations that yield coefficients that minimize the sum of squared deviations. For the simple linear case, the results are equivalent to the formulas in Excel's Help for the INTERCEPT and SLOPE worksheet functions. See Excel's Help fo...

Disappearing text
When I paste some text from a web page into Word 2007, I can edit the text but it does not print. It does not appear in print preview either. However I can read it in Word. I notice the text has underlining. What gives? Sounds as if the text is formatted as hidden. Select it and clear the "Hidden" option in the Font dialog box (Ctrl+D). If you see a filled box (instead of a check mark), just click the option twice to turn it off. (The filled box indicates different settings in the selection; for example, some text may be hidden while other text is not.) -- Stefan B...

adding text in front of
Hi, I would like to insert a common beginning in front of all my lines of text on a certain collum . How do I do that , my text being different on each lines example from Bob to - Bob -- Our website : http://timmins22.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php Our Bible School : http://www.discoveronline.org/schools/647 try Sub adddash() mc=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row For Each c In range(cells(2,mc),cells(lr,mc)) If Len(c) > 1 Then c.Value = "- " & c Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

How to load text into Excel from web?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from following web? http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Col. "A" formula is also an Array Formula. http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7407/nonamea.png Micky "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to load text into Excel from > following web? > http://fund.kf-studio.net/hsi_pe.png > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Could you please provide more description? Thank you very much for any suggest...

Designate Plain Text for Some Contacts
I'm using Windows Live Mail as my Windows default email program. I would like to designate only some of my contacts to receive Plain Text email, rather than HTML. Thus, when I select a Group to send an email to, I want some will get plain text, and others will get HTML. How can that be accomplished in Windows Live Mail? ROFL - you're joking right?! You think there is anything that sophisticated about WLM ? "pcOxygen" <pcOxygen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E4A3FB-C61E-4DEF-B16C-512FBF8CE789@microsoft.com... > I'm usi...

Isolating a PO number in a text field
Hi, I have a text field that has both a PO Number and an invoice number. The people who have been inputing this field start with PO and then a four digit number. Somethings there is a space and other times there is not (PO4560 or PO 4560). Some of our POs also have a - followed by a letter (PO 4560-A). Whether or not the PO is four characters or six, the next part is a / followed by the invoice number (PO 4560-A/Inv 3433). What I want to do is to isolate the four or six digit number and exclude the PO and the / and everything afte the /. So I want to return a query that only has...

Newsgroups #2
Why am I having this problem going to "Newsgroups" and how do I correct it? This is the error message I keep getting. Thanks, Tim MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module MSOE.DLL at 018f:007c5a55. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=018f EIP=007c5a55 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=0197 ESP=0056f6bc EBP=0056fa08 ECX=00000000 DS=0197 ESI=00000104 FS=10af EDX=016404bc ES=0197 EDI=0056f9d0 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8b 08 8d 95 c8 fd ff ff 52 50 ff 91 b8 00 00 00 Stack dump: 00000104 00001073 bff8516b 00000000 00000000 0056f7f4 007c5840 00000000 0056f6ec 00000108 bff8516b 00001073 a577...

Replication of Database of Great Plains
Does anyone have any experience with Great Plains and SQL server Replication-It is something we may start looking at, but it would be helpful to know if there are any deal breaking issues before diving in and spending a bunch of time on it. Another is, is there a problem that may occur? how to use replication in SQL? Please provide me some details thanks. What kind of replication do you want to do? You are limited in your options when dealing with Great Plains. I have a document that's been out for years but is still relevant since the GP architecture has not changed since it was ...

Validation Question #2
If I make a selection from the drop down box on sheet 1. Can that information appear in a cell on sheet 2, within the same workbook. Hi you could use a cell reference such as ='sheet1'!A1 on your second sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ADB336B2-8BE7-4BA1-AA73-0E1F95A04024@microsoft.com... > If I make a selection from the drop down box on sheet 1. Can that > information appear in a cell on sheet 2, within the same workbook. ...

disappearing text
Version: 2008 I am working on a word Project Gallery and one page in the doc. has text that is not recognized in the toolbox and it disappears as I scroll down the doc. I can't seem to locate it to edit or wrap around a graphic. I need help ASAP because i have have it done by monday. help please. bob What do you mean "working on a word Project Gallery"? The Project Gallery is a setup of starter templates. Are you working on a set of starter templates, or are you writing a document based on one of those templates? What do you mean "text not recognised"? ...

How to format in a cell that has both text and a formula
I have a cell with this formula ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& ((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" The display is this James Cedric V. Sebua (5.55890410958904) And I want it to be this: James Cedric V. Sebua (5) Thanks Dave Hi Dave, Try: ="James Cedric V. Sebua ("& INT((TODAY()-B14)/365) & ")" -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:EA033D26-48C7-4D91-8855-621A76C8367D@microsoft.com... >I have a cell with this formula > > > =&...

Recover Public Folders #2
In swapping our Win 2003 SBS server, we went and lost (forgot to move) the Public Folders in Outlook. We still have the old server. What do I need to copy off it to restore the Public Folders onto the new SBS server? (Please assume that I don't know too much about what I'm doing. I'm the untrained volunteer computer geek for my church. Unfortunately the person that does understand the server is on a trip for a few weeks and the office staff wants their shared contact list that was in the Public Folders back.) Thanks for the help Brian It should be easy enough to log in...

Service calendar #2
The Service calendar Type picklist is missing the "Team" and "Ressource Group" values. It would be a nice feature for large service organisations to be able to pick out a Team specific or Ressource group specific list of users inside the service calendar overview, when scheduling for new service activities etc., thereby isolating this specific list of users and their calendars, in order to get a nice overview before booking a new activity. It seems particularly odd, when both entities are specified under settings, business unit settings for the service scheduling ...

Great Plains Client Installation Options? (Questions)
My company has almost 100 client installs of Great Plains. For the initial install we installed everything to the local c: drive (C:\Great Plains\). Now everytime we go to perform an upgrade we have to go to every client machine and upgrade them individually (or at least make sure that machine has recieved the updated files correctly). We also have a script that on login copies down needed files and that helps alot. However this is my question: Is there something that prevents me from having all the clients look to a shared (UNC) path for their data files. (//machinename/shareddrive...

PLAIN plain text
I'm an unhappy user of Outlook 2003 (no choice...). One of the reasons for my unhappiness concerns sending text to people who aren't using Outlook. I initially went into the Outlook dlg box "Tools | Options", the "Mail Format" tab, and set the "Compose in this message format" drop-down to "Plain Text." But that wasn't good enough: two recipients (one a majordomo, the other running an unidentified email client on a *nix machine) got gibberish. The gibberish turned out to be uuencoded with the 64 bit format. While this is a standard format...

selecting text in a document
Hi All, I have a macro that seeks out a particular string of text in a document and then moves down one line and selects the remaining text nin the document and writes it to a variable and then uses it subsequently in the message section of an email. Recently this method has been failing because the text is not being selected. I don't know if the PC was in EST mode a the time but I need the macro to work no matter what. The code I use is as follows Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.Execute "Issued at" Selection.MoveDown wdLine...

Alignment of Combo Box Text
I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies to text boxes and labels. Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? "PosseJohn" <PosseJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269AC3AE-31A7-4C52-9208-EBC35E241074@microsoft.com... >I have found http://www.lebans.com/verticaljustification.htm that applies >to > text boxes and labels. > > Are there any references to vertically center COMBO BOX text? You just needed to look farther on Stephen's site: http://www.lebans.com/justicombo.ht...

merge unformatted date with text
My original date column was formatted 02/01/71. I created a new column and created a custom date format; 020171. I would like to take this column and merge it together with the last 3 digits of a column where a ss# resides. This column is a text column. For example, the new column should look like 020171008. Can anyone help? I tried this based on your example and used the =Text (originaldate,mmddyy) function and used a =Right(ss#,3) to create a new column for the last three of the ss#. Then Concatenated the two fields resulting in 02171999. Good Luck! >-----Original Message...