Photo attachments no longer open correctly

This just started happening. Whenever I open a photo
attachment in Outlook e-mail, MS Photo Editor opens, but
its minimized. I can maximize it only, it will not restore
to a partial window. What happened?
0
anonymous (74718)

export outlook emails, and keep attachments
Hi Everyone, I want to export my emails (and attachments) from my old computer to cd, then import from cd to Outlook on my new computer. I believe I'm successfully exporting the email, but the attachments aren't getting saved. How do I do it? Thanks for any assistance you can provide! Andy Don't export your items, copy the .pst file to your CD, then on the new computer, copy the .pst file to the hard drive, remove the read-only property and use File->Open in Outlook to access your information. (Note - do NOT try to overwrite your new .pst file created in Outlook. Ju...

photo
hi, i want to display a detail text over my picture in publisher when the mouse is roll over it. can anyone help me? -- MCP JOJO There is no built-in way of doing this. You can, and should add the ALT tag to each picture, but that will not show with a mouseover. It is there for text readers. You can get the tool tips to work using javascript. Google "javascript tooltips" and try some of that code. Use the insert html code fragment feature. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.c...

Word and Excel not opening, but Entourage does
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, Not sure which versions of Word and Excel I'm running but the Entourage version is 10.1.0 and I purchased MS Entourage all bundeled together with Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I went to open a new Excel document and the program looked like it was starting but just closed again before displaying a new blank Excel doc. Word and Powerpoint are behaving the same way. Entourage is opening just fine, all the data seems to be there and I can enter and save new data. I can even open an old Word or Excel file...

sending image file attachment
what are some ways to send image files to reduce the load. I know how to compress the folder. But are there other / additional ways to modify the files to reduce the load? gator wrote: > what are some ways to send image files to reduce the load. I know how to > compress the folder. But are there other / additional ways to modify the > files to reduce the load? E-mail is NOT a reliable file transfer mechanism. It wasn't intended or designed for that. It was designed to send lots of small messages. There is no CRC check on the file to ensure integrity. Ther...

OFC filetype no longer recognized in 2005?
I have recently replaced Money 2004 with Money 2005. The upgrade appeared to break the OFC filetype registration (I have no filetype registration for OFC). My web statements send OFC files that used to be opened by mnyimprt.exe and be handled just fine. It doesn't even work now if I register the OFC files with mnyimprt.exe manually. I have uninstalled, run the mnyclean utility and reinstalled, all to no avail. Any ideas? David 2005 doesn't support OFC, only OFX and QIF. FWIW, I read today that Quicken no longer supports QIF, which I find ironic. -- Michael Gordon MVP ...

sending attachment failed
I have Windows 2000 professional with outlook 2000 on it. Complete update of Windows and Office service packs and patches. Problem is that when I send attachments that receiving party do not get the attachments. The text body is there but no attachment. This happens with .txt attachments very often. I tried sending it to many parties and the same result. Anybody has a clue? Please fill me in. Thank you, Milan Jhaveri ...

general warning attachment
Hello, Is there a way in exchange 5.5 to attach a warning message to every email, something like "THIS MESSAGE IS ONLY INTENDED FOR THE USE......"? Or this is being done at the client side? You can do it at the client level or purchase/freeware a third party utility. Check out www.gfi.com Mail Essentials. I think the free version offers this. Brian "MAX" <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058EFE8F-AC33-462C-91CC-6A2F5D02AD98@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Is there a way in exchange 5.5 to attach a warning message to every email, > som...

wHY WON'T MOST DOWNLOADED .XLS FILES OPEN IN VERSION 5.0 ?
I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to open a .XLS file from a Website, I get an error message reading something like: "not a valid ..xls file" Is this because 5.0 is so old, or is there another issue here? How can I deal with this? Thank you. When xl97 was released, the format of the .xls files changed. xl97 (and above) can read those old file versions, but that old version can't read the newer files. Time to visit eBay (xl2k should be available/cheap)???? Al the Elder wrote: > > I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to op...

Disappearing Attachments
All of the sudden Outlook is not letting me receive attachments. I get the error message OE removed access to the following unsafe attachmnets.... I know these attachments are safe. Any ideas on why this is happening this is due to the latest patch which u might have apply using Windows Update. Simply do a mail forwarding (no need to enter a recipient), u will find all the attachments there. >-----Original Message----- >All of the sudden Outlook is not letting me receive attachments. I get the error message > >OE removed access to the following unsafe attachmnets.... ...

Attachment anomaly
I have one workstation running XP Home and Office XP. Both OS and Office are fully patched. On this workstation, attachments in POP3 mail is corrupt. For example, if the attachment is an image, the image will open in the associated application but will look like random colored dots. If the attachment is a Word document, the document contains garbage text. On the same workstation, using Outlook Express to download the same e-mails from the same POP3 account exhibits the same problem. However, on another workstation running the same OS but no MS Office, just Outlook Express, the same e...

launch excel attachment from outlook
problem: double clicking on excel attachments in outlook email results in an error message "the system cannot find the file specified" excel appears to start (new) - but file never opens file can be saved and subsequently opened from excel 2007. file cannot be launched by double clicking on it. thoughts? Try this Office button>Excel options Advanced>General...ignore other applications... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "chris B" <chrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D484E8CC-5788-48A2-9307-D6381796F2FE@m...

Image attachments .jpg in Outlook
-Windows 7 since upgrading to Win 7 from XP when I try and email images in Outlook the properties of the images, including the creation date are changed to the date of transmission when emailed. For record purposes, I need the original creation date in the image properties when being viewed by the sender which is what did happen in XP. Grateful for any assistance... -- BTB "btbgold" <btbgold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C54A4CA8-3865-4CAE-87B2-960C847AA79B@microsoft.com... > -Windows 7 since upgrading to Win 7 from XP when I try and ...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

excel attachments
We received an excel attachment that we could not open(we have excel 2003- the attachment was some special excel 2007 attachment)..some setting must have gotten changed because we cannot open any new excel attachment -- We tried resending the attachment in 2003--when i try to open any excel attachment and I click on "OPEN" I get a box > Windows cannot find C:\Documents & settings|local settings\temporary internet files. I can only open the attachments by "Save to Disk". We have always been able to just click on "OPEN" and then read the file. ...

Save Excel Attachment Using VBA
Hi, I'm trying to save an Excel attachment from an email in Outlook using vba. I keep getting the error code 'Type Mismatch' for the line with the * next to it. Sub SaveAttachments() Dim myOlapp As Outlook.Application Dim myNameSpace As Outlook.NameSpace Dim myFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim myItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim myAttachment As Outlook.Attachment 'Dim I As Long Set myOlapp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set myNameSpace = myOlapp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set myFolder = myNameSpace.Get...

How to save attachment?
How do I save a photo that I sent to myself in MS outlook 2007? According to MS Help I should see a "save as" option on the menu when I right-click the attachment. I tried right-clicking the open attachment but all I see is" "copy" on the shortcut menu that pops up. Right click on the name of the file before you open it. On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:41:53 -0700, "jayC" <test@rcn.com> wrote: >How do I save a photo that I sent to myself in MS outlook 2007? > >According to MS Help I should see a "save as" option on the menu when I ...

excel opens but the workbook doesnt
when i open an excel file, excel opens but doesnt display the file- have to drop and drag file in from elsewhere; tried re-installing excel, then windows but hasnt made difference; any thoughts? Hi uran! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe ...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

photos

photo in frame
when I have created an ovale frame, can I insert a photo in this frame so it just fits into the ovale and not get out of the frame? -- coku What version Publisher? Draw an oval with the autoshapes, select the oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab. In Publisher 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, it will be the same as above. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "coku" <coku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0052F18-EA89-4313-B489-E2BFAF62BC3A@microsoft.com... > when I have created a...

RESTRICTING ATTACHMENTS
Hello. I know in Outlook you can restrict attachment to particular file types, but is there a way to do this on the exchange server? Can I limit attachment types, or just limit them altogether for certain users? Thanks. Not on the server, no. For that, you'll need 3rd party software. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "DAN" <dancarmi@carmiflavors.com> wrote in message news:9f2501c3eae7$6c64dbc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. I know in Outlook you can restrict attachment to > particular file types, ...

My document opens but all I see is a grey screen.
When I open my file it asks to enable the macros and I say yes. Then it shows opening file at the bottom. However when this is complete and says ready all I have is a grey screen like when you close your document but have Ecel open still. Hi, One thought (and only a thought). Try doing Windows, Arranged, Tiled. This could bring the workbook back. The reason could be that the person saving the sheet had (say) two screens, Excel across both of them and had the workbook on the right hand screen when they saved it. If you have only one screen then the workbook is open, but is posit...

Searching attachments in personal folders
Hi - I cannot get Outlook to search for attachments (located in messages in personal folders) using the filename of the attachment. The "advanced find" only searches the mailbox, as opposed to personal folders (.pst). In addition, the "advanced find" does not have a filename field in the list of document fields. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob ...

Photo magic
Hi, I am now using Vista, however the program I use to manage my photos [ photo magic] won't email my photos. I can select the photos, resize etc., and when I click to send I get a message saying the user has cancelled the email, can anybody help please. -- Doug ...

Window always opens too small to view new mail
I recently upgraded to XP. Since then whenever I open new mail in Outlook Express the window it opens in is quite small and I always have to maximize it. Is there any way to configure OE to open new mail in a maximized window? ...