Phone Message? Folder Customization?

My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook.  Is there a phone message
form for outlook that I can download from somewhere?

Also, outlook will not save my viewing preferences.  Example, when I tell it
not to group inbox messages, if I switch folders and then go back, outlook
changes the view back to the default.  What could be the cause?

Any help would be appreciated.
0
LaVonna (3)

I guess I should specify that we are switching to Outlook Exchange 2003.

Thanks

"La Vonna" wrote:

> My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook.  Is there a phone message
> form for outlook that I can download from somewhere?
>
> Also, outlook will not save my viewing preferences.  Example, when I tell it
> not to group inbox messages, if I switch folders and then go back, outlook
> changes the view back to the default.  What could be the cause?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
0
LaVonna (3)
3/17/2006 1:07:29 AM
there are two 'while you were out' forms listed here
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm

to customize views: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"La Vonna" <LaVonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook.  Is there a phone
> message
> form for outlook that I can download from somewhere?
>
> Also, outlook will not save my viewing preferences.  Example, when I tell
> it
> not to group inbox messages, if I switch folders and then go back, outlook
> changes the view back to the default.  What could be the cause?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/17/2006 3:51:01 AM
I am using Outlook 2003.  Those forms apparently aren't compatible or they
have saved somewhere that I can not find them.

I know how to change the view, my problem is that the changes don't save.

Thanks anyway though.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> there are two 'while you were out' forms listed here
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mssampleapps.htm
>
> to customize views: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

> "La Vonna" <LaVonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My office is switching from GroupWise to Outlook.  Is there a phone
> > message
> > form for outlook that I can download from somewhere?
> >
> > Also, outlook will not save my viewing preferences.  Example, when I tell
> > it
> > not to group inbox messages, if I switch folders and then go back, outlook
> > changes the view back to the default.  What could be the cause?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

0
LaVonna (3)

"Find Message"
Is there an equivalent of the "find message " in Live Mail that we used in XP? I used to be able to use "From", "To", "Subject" after clicking on "Find" to retrieve an email. I appreciate your help!! It's the same. Edit (ALT+E), Find, Message (Ctrl+Shift+F). Microsoft has chosen to hide the menu bar by default. If you want to permanently display the menu bar, toward the right hand end of the tool bar is an icon of a cursor pointing to a drop down menu. Hovering the cursor over that will display "Menus (ALT+M)"...

I can not stop save warning message when I click Close (x) botton or Alt+F4
Hi experts!, I have created a workbook with a macro (assigned o a button), which saves the workbook under a different name when the macro button is clicked based on the infromation entered by the end-user. Accordingly I don't want the end-user to save that workbook under any other name or before completely filing the information needed. The macro enables saving only after all information is entered. I have disabled all commands functions, bars etc. and shortcuts (such as Ctr+S) to avoid end-user saving without cliciking the macro button. All work fine except Close Button(X) of excel on t...

Inbox messages being deleted
Outlook started automatically deleting any message I view in the In Box. The deleted messages do not go to the Deleted Box or any other place I can find. Is there some place in the set-up that defines that e- mails should be deleted after viewed? This has never happened in three years of using Outlook 2000. ...

Removing Message Handler
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows XP and am developing Windows graphics code using the MFC AppWizard. I have a class, CImageView, which is derived from CScrollView. I would like to add a message handler for WM_LBUTTONDOWN but, when I got go "Add Windows Message Handler", this is already in the list of added handlers. When I highlight it and click "Edit Existing" I am taken to OnMouseMove(). There does not appear to be a way to remove this handler so that I can add it properly. It is possible that I added it at some point and then rmoved it by deleting every re...

outlook message
I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? "Trader" <Trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60FCCFE-6B52-4C2F-8DAC-B2D490C50A42@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It > continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? What versions of Outlook and Windows? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Windows Desktop Search don't index Outlook 2007 messages
I used to have Office 2007 Beta 2 and Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3 beta, and they worked perfectly together. I would love to use X1, but ti doesn't support office 2007 yet. I'm using WDS meanwhile, and I'm OK with it. However, when I uninstalled Office 2007 Beta 2 and install Office 2007 Enterprise RTM, it prompted me to install WDS 3. I downloaded and installed it, and since then, my e-mail data is not indexed. I have an Exchange Server mailbox, and additional 6 pst files I work with. In the tree of selection in the WDS options screen, I see all these mailboxes, but can ...

Error Message when closing Outlook XP SP2!
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4510.0 ModName: mscorwks.dll ModVer: 1.1.4322.573 Offset: 00052781 I have the error file if someone has a debugger of some sort!! Thanks! It is called appcompat.txt.... Thanks! Joshua Miller ...

Custom Views....
Hi, I have a sheet (sheet1)containing 20 columns and 1000 rows. The data sheet1 is used for different reporting purpose. for different reporting I have to hide and unhide some columns & rows and have to change the Heading of report. Is it somehow possible to customized these different views so I can easily switch to the desired view.....??? I have tried CUSTOM VIEW option but not working properly... thanx for your prompt reply... Syed I think you'll have to say what wasn't working right in View|custom view to get a good response. (It worked fine in my little tests.) But anot...

Receiving New Messages
My Outlook hangs up and stop responding while receiving new messages. Can anyone help me with this problem? Provide more info like type of service POP3, Exchange, IMAP, HTTP, other... and version of Outlook and anything more you would like to share regarding this issue. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "rdoverspike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Message Store does not reflect time of last full backup.
We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up both the system and the exchange stores. The application logs show successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange. The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch 5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. An...

View messages by Message Timeline
When working with message views I selected view current view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very useful for keeping chronologic track of events. The question is that from time to time a bar of varying length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure what it means. At fires I thought it had something to do with the number of message threads but some of the messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones with a good number of threads. Does anyone know what these thing are? That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in ques...

Sent messages
Hi, Is there a way to track messages that is being sent to a specific domain? Thanks in advance On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 07:39:56 +0200, vinkad@eskom.co.za wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to track messages that is being sent to a specific domain? > >Thanks in advance And have you tried enabling message tracking and looking in the Message Tracking Center? Yes, I have but that is not sufficient for what I want. I want to be able to export the data so that I can extract relevant information in order to bill customers. The scenario is: User sends a Short Message (SMS) from a mail...

Icons on Customized Toolbar
does anyone know where i can find more icon options for my customized toolbar (16x16 pixels)? excel provides about 30 default images but i'm looking for some more specific objects. thanks much, tami Excel provides many more command button images than the 30 or so that are displayed on the customization dialog. You can assign any of Excel's hundreds of button faces to you command button. E.g., Btn.FaceID = 1234 Associating a FaceID value with an icon image could be tedious, but John Walkenbach has a nice add-in at http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/identifying_...

Import Outlook Express messages
I am new using Windows Live Mail, I have always used Otlook Express 6. How do I import all the messages I have in OE, I cant find a way. Please someone advise. Thanks. Are they on the same machine? File | Import | Messages | Outlook Express 6. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. If there are two machines involved. Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash ...

a bar graph that counts your unread inbox messages?
Looking to see if there's any program or add-on app that will give me or display a bar chart that rises and falls with the "unread messages" in my inbox. just thought it'd be fun to see it rise and fall throughout the day.... ...

Fix phone follow up of a phone call
A normal way of using phonecall activities according to my own experience is to create lots of them with a quick campaign. However, when a customer/lead is called they might often ask you to call back in a couple of months. This is where the "follow up" button is great. Just create a new phone call that is due a lot later and save it. One would think that since it is based on a old phone call, it will get the sender, reciever and phone number information automatically. It doesn't. Instead you get a phone call activity with no sender, reciever and an empty phone number fie...

How to Stop Message Recall
Two weeks ago someone tried to do a message recall on Outlook from my computer (we don't use Exchange Server). Apparently the box was checked that asks to be notified of success or failure. Every day since then I get several e-mails telling me that the recall attempt was unsuccessful. I've deleted the original message but still keep getting the updates. Is there any way to turn that off? ...

Public Folder Replication 02-21-10
I am unable to connect to Exchange 2007 using PFDAVAdmin. I was able to in the past, but now cannot. When I attempt to connect , I receive the error, " An error occured while trying to establish a connection to the Exchange server. be sure that port 443 (for SSL) or port 80 (for non-ssl) can be reached. If you are connecting to public folders, be sure that the public store is mounted (it is, on both the Exchange 2007 and the Exchange 2010 server). If you are connecting to mailboxes and the progess bar shows a particular mailbox, be sure that the user has at least one...

replicating a folder hiearchy.
Mornin' all. (I have posted this perhaps in error to Win98se NG) Under a Folder say "001 December 2005" I need to open subfolders each day eg: 20051201 Thursday 20051202 Friday etc etc Each of those folders need to contain a common excel sheet. Any ideas of how to carry out the above quickly? I presently do it through ACDSee, as when a new subfolder is created, the cursor pops back to the main folder for the creation of the next sub folder. This is still time consuming. Any helpful hints? Thanks -- rodney at touch88.com.au Send spam to the FTC at spam@uce.gov Thanks, ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery CRM 4.0
We have been experiencing long delays when sending email from CRM 4.0. Generally about 30 minutes. When viewing the e-mail from the contacts history, the top of the e-mail displays a message: This message has not yet been submitted for delivery CRM 4.0 Eventually the mail delivers and the message goes away. This occurs for any CRM mail, manual, merges or workflow. We have Exchange 2003 on a separate server with the CRM connector. Anyone else experiencing this? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com One new update, When restarting the CRM email router serv...

aaarrrgghhh!! How do I delete these @(#%#@!! error messages!
I sent an email to someone and used the wrong address - ok I made a mistake but the same error message continues to pop up - please tell me how to make it go away What does the error message say? Did you delete the message from the inbox? (View, Folder list or Go, folder list to find the outbox.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ht...

How Do I Embed Email Signature On Cell Phone??
When using my email signature (a .jpeg image) on a cell phone it 'drops out' and is received as an 'attachment'? Is there any way to embed the image so it remains within the body of the email? My signature is then no longer part of my email, folks think I'm sending them an attachment and some cannot even open it to see what it is? Any idea on how to embed a signature 'image' so it doesn't became an attachment? Thanks. That is entirely up to the mail application on the mobile device. Apparently it does not embedded images in a message body. -- ...

Error Message #18
Hi Can anyone help with the following . When I try to save a file I get message telling me that "The picture is too large and will b truncated" - with only an option to say OK . I get this message twic . However I have no pictures or bitmaps in this file. How can I get ri of this message Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you are running XL2000 read this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318265&Product=xlw2K Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:21:09 -0500, kennyken <<kennyken.15bf57@excelforum-nosp...

Prevent message from being Archived...?
Howdy, In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being archived when the AutoArchive process occurs? Thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." Open the message once a week. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Kenneth asked: | Howdy, | | In OL2K, is there a way to prevent a specific message from being |...

How do I save a custom envelope setting in Word 2007?
I would like to set up a custom envelope for a 6x9 envelope in Word 2007 and save it like I could in 2003. I don't see any way to save the custom settings in current program. Anyone found a way to do this? The sizes of envelope you can configure are determined by the printer driver. For non standard sizes it is simpler to use a standard paper size and move the margins so that it prints correctly on your envelopes when inserted in the printer on place of the standard paper. If you want to use various envelope sizes, then the best plan is to use envelope templates. You can eit...