pfbackup installation problem with OLK XP

Checking for upgrades, I  found that there is a newer version of Personal
Folders Backup, so I downloaded it, and quit Outlook.

To install, I was already aware that an uninstall of the 'old' file would be
compulsory, and went along with the short series of install screens with no
error messages. Imagine my surprise when the "backup" command had
disappeared from the File drop down menu.  I rechecked the download site,
under troubleshooting.  I read -

"Search you hard disk for the Pfbackup.exe file and make sure that the
Pfbackup.exe file that you downloaded has a size of 183 KB. If the size of
the file is not 183 KB,
download the file again and reinstall the Outlook Personal Folder Backup
add-in"

The file size to download is showb as 160 KB.  I do not know of any way of
going back and getting the extra 23 KB:-).

Has anyone else has this problem, and if so what is workaround?

Thanks.

John C

0
jpcrayton (6)

Problem with IF statement #2
I have the following set-up with 3 cells: A1 - a target percentage value (30.00%) A2 - the actual value A3 - the deviation Each cell is formatted for percentages. I have inserted the following formula into A3: =IF(ISBLANK(A2),"",IF(A2<30,"",A2-A1) The formula is supposed to do either of three things: 1. If there is no value in A2, leave A3 blank. 2. If the actual percentage is 30% or lower, leave A3 blank. 3. If the actual percentage is over 30%, calculate the deviation from the standard. However, The fromula is not behaving! No matter what I do, the A3 cel...

How does one install 2 versions?
I am planning to upgrade from Money 2002. Since I have shifted country and have acquired a version which is localised I am afraid I will have to deal with problems of upgrading the software. Exporting to .qif doesnt work well. I would rather enter txns afresh. In order to do this I would like to have two versions of Money installed so that I can look up from one and enter txns selectively in the new version. How do I install 2 versions of Money? Install the second version in a different directory. All Money setup routines provide a way to do this--in some versions, mostly lately, the w...

MS Outlook XP
How do I merge two different Contacts Lists, i.e. mine with that of a collegue so we both have all the infromation? Many thanks in advance. ...

Business Contact Manager Installation Problem
Hi there, Have just installed Office 2003 Pro Upgrade (to Office 2000 Pro Full) and the SP1 update. However, I cannot get Disk 2 to install. It goes all the way through to ~98% and then rolls back and cancels. No error message can be seen. I had Error 1406 problems when installing 2003 originally, but these were solved by a registry fix. They related to Excel.Sheet and Word.Document entries under the XML folder. They're now fine. Any ideas on what I can do to get Disk 2 to install please? This is on a Windows XP Pro SP2 system. I am the administrator account, although there...

Publisher 2000 Install
I am trying to install publisher and I get a error stating Can not write to a windows protected file. I am running this on an XP pc, could this have something to do with it? OFF2000: Error Message: Error 1932 Windows Installer Service Could Not Update the Protected Windows File http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299606&Product=Off2kset -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathie" <kathiefel@msn.com> wrote in message news:8733B592-5C...

Pfbackup.exe
I have tried to install this pst file backup application with no success. Followed all the suggestions on the MS pages, still no success. Using OL2000 in a native W2K exchange organization. Would anyone have any further ideas on what to try next?? Thanks in advance. Wallace The add-in may not be registered correctly. So, try registering the dll with the following steps. 1. Exit Outlook. 2. On the Start menu click Run 3. In the Open box type the following and click OK. regsvr32 "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\addins\outbak.dll" NOTE: You may need to adjust the ab...

HTML spreadsheet problem
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with Excel and have saved it to a HTML format to be browsed on the web. All works fine but the formatting has not been taken to the HTML version, and I have some fields that have capital letters in the HTML version that are small characters in the Excel format? Not really sure how this is possible? I have the same problem in reverse: internet pages opened in Excel are all fouled up. I think its due to the filters, the components that turn one sort of file into another. Sometimes, updating your filters will work. First, you might want to make sure that you...

Excahnge 2000 installation Question
Hi: a consultant came and installed Exchange 2000 on our SBS2000. But the installation was on the C drive. And now I have 4gb left on my C. I want to move these files to a logical drive where I have 35GB. How can I move everything to avoid Exchange2000 from using my limited resources from my C drive. All the installation is under C:\program files\exchsvr. Also notice that there is a drive named M:\Excahnge (local drive) with the exact amount left from the CD drive. What can I do to move everything or at least the databases,logs anything that will fill my C. Thanks in advance Denise ...

Another Date conversion problem
I have a query like ............. ............ col11 = 'THIS' OR col12 = 'THAT' AND col13 = '201003' AND col14 = 'THE OTHER' .............. .............. col 13 is a char (6) NOT NULL column with dates that have only year and month in it with also some space. Around 765,000 rows have date and 668 rows 1 empty space. Since empty space is a character, SQL Doesn't complain. To run the above query, I have to change the value of col13 every month to get the results for last month. If I run it today, I should make the col13 = '201005&...

Windows Installer tries to install new features every time publisher 2000 opens
Every time I open Publisher 2000 I get Windows Installer launching which tries to install a new feature. It even comes up aftert I have inserted the disk for every user on our network. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop this Yes, install the new Windows Installer for your version of Windows. Windows Installer All Versions http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=83&qu=installer&View=en-us -- "nickburgess@tgsg.kent.sch.uk" wrote: > Every time I open Publisher 2000 I get Windows Installer > launching which tries to install a new feature. It...

Excel installation prlem
On 2004-May-Friday - 09:04:57 was mail.tsamercer.org ( Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) ) with the following IP 66.208.215.153 on your board Hi. I'm having a problem with a menu option in Excel 97. I am running Excel 97 in Windows 2000 Server with full admin rights. The following is a sequence of events which have led me to reqest help. I have a750 horse machine with 256 megs of RAM. I have two HD's, a 4. GB c: and 30 GB d:. I first installed Excel 97 on the d:. Whenever I attempted to open the option menu he program abended. I rebuilt the entire machine andinstaled...

posts, search problems & response problems
Is it just me, or are others having a problem with searching these posts? For example, I searched for the exact two-word Subject I submitted my post under, and a completely different post came up (not the reply to my post either). Also, I requested (checked the box) to be notified when my post received a response, and always request reply notification, but never get it. What am I doing wrong? TammyJ wrote: > Is it just me, or are others having a problem with searching these posts? For > example, I searched for the exact two-word Subject I submitted my post under, &...

Problems with GAL so weird!!!
I have 6 exchange servers in my Exchange org and one of them has a problem with its GAL, all other servers do not experience this problem? Here goes.... When going to send a mail on the affected server, you click the To: button and select the names you want to include in the e-mail. everything works fine however if you select an address surname begining with the letter M it goes to the bottom of the GAL? any other name is ok.all other servers do not experience this problem? It just seems to be the addresses starting with the letter M? does this mean my dir.edb is corrupt? This is really co...

Installing Outlook client online only for non-admin user
I've read the implementation manual and it appears that the user that needs to use CRM on a PC has to be the one logged into the PC to install it?? We have strict policies that prevents any user from installing anything (can't even access add/remove programs). We cannot modify our group policies to allow users to run the install using the "admin mode" procedures. For software that is used in large corporations, it seems crazy to have to allow users installation priveleges on their PCs to get CRM working. Our IT policy is to install as administrator, as our PCs can ...

Adding POP3 resource to Ex2k3 cluster
I have a 2-node A/P exchange cluster currently, and will need pop3 service activated. I tried to add the pop3 resource to the cluster groups, and had some major issues. What happened was after adding the resource (with system attendant as the dependency), I tried to "bring online", and everything went crazy on me! When I clicked "bring online", *everything* went offline, and tries tries to come back online.. as they all start coming on line, it gets to the new pop3 resource, the pop3 resource fails, and everything goes offline again and then back again... and it ju...

Portfolio printing problem
I'm using MSN money online, specifically Portfolio Manager : Investing. I can use the site and print everything except the portfolio report. When I try to print the portfolio, the hour glass pops up for a second but there is no printing. I can select print transactions and they print ok. Can someone please tell me how to print the portfolio? ...

date conversion problem
the "ArticleDate" variable is populated with data from an XML file. The XML file has the date string like this: 10/24/09 I'm checking to see if it's a valid date with "IsDate" and then I need to convert it to a yyyy-mm-dd format. But it's not working now for some reason. Here's my code: If IsDate(ArticleDate) Then ArticleDate = CDate(ArticleDate).ToString("yyyy-mm-dd") Else ArticleErrors = ArticleErrors & ", date is not a valid date value" End If Using the date noted above, the code runsn but the 2nd line i...

Performing a clean install of MS CRM 3.0
Hello When perfoming a clean install of the product. What would you advise, first installing reporting services and then installing MS CRM. Or do you prefer that MS CRM installs the reporting services. Thx I have found that installing it first (into the Default website) works best. Then during the installation of CRM you just put the URL of SQL RS and it goes off without a hitch. Letting the CRM installer load SQL RS has given me a couple of headaches. But that's just me... -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Guchy" wrote: > Hello > > When perfo...

problem with CImageList creation
hello, i have an SDI application that spawns new "windows" in a tab control (similar to the way the firefox browser works). it allows the user to open a new window, and it pops up in a tabbed environment. i'm having a problem when certain windows get spawned. the first time i open a window, it seems to open flawlessly, but if i close that tab (apparently destroying anything that needs to be destroyed), i get an assertion error when i open the same type of window the second time (or sometimes the third or fourth time, there's no rhyme or reason to it). the assertio...

Office 2008 Install and 2004 Uninstall
Once Office 2008 is installed and running properly, is it safe to uninstall Office 2004 - and is there any reason why this would not be a good idea? Thanks, AK On 2/20/08 2:52 PM, in article ee8e2c3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "akpud@officeformac.com" <akpud@officeformac.com> wrote: > Once Office 2008 is installed and running properly, is it safe to uninstall > Office 2004 - and is there any reason why this would not be a good idea? > > Thanks, > > AK Yes, it is safe to uninstall Office 2004, and there are several reasons why you may not want to do that....

Problems with printing transparency
I design a publication using Publisher 2007, and I have been trying without success to print graphics with transparency. My problem is this: I have saved my graphic as PNG-8, PNG-24 and GIFs to knockout said white background. They show up fine on screen when I'm designing but once I print using CutePDF, the white background is still there. I've tried using the transparency tool on the picture toolbar as well and cannot get it to print without the background. I've also tried using the "Publish as PDF or XPS option" but it seems to make it worse by adding wh...

Outlook and XP Home Edition
My Outlook web access cannot read the password i enter. The popup box for the username and password appear, but after several attempts of the password, it fails? Something with Home edition of Windows XP? ...

when to install CUs
Should Project Server 2007 always be current with CUs, or is it better to only install them when it contains a fix to a problem? I'd go with the "only install them to fix the specific problem" route. Service packs are the ones that should always be current, but even there I'd say that the cautious admin would only install an SP after 2 or more post-SP CU's have come out. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Should Project Server 2007 always be current with CUs, or is it better > to only install them when it contains a f...

visio 2000 sr1 + xp sp 2
I have this along with Word 2000. I just installed XP Service Pack 2. Now two things are happening: 1. When I cut and paste from Visio to Word all that gets put into the document is some text. 2. When I try to import a Visio diagram into Word I either get "not enough memory" or "application not installed properly" Has anyone experienced this or can offer their solutions? Thanks, Scott Hi Scott, 1) I'm not seeing an issue when I cut and paste a Visio shape from Visio 2000 SR-1 into Word 2000 SP3. What object or data are you trying to cut and paste from...

VBA problem when recording sound using Sound Recorder (> 4 Gig mem
I jave a VBA application in Word that records sound using Sound recorder. UNFORTUNATELY Sound Recorder does not work correctrly in a machine which has more than 4 Gig of memory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/284893?p=1 Can I test the amount of memory using VBA in Word so that I can give the user an appropriate message? Any assistance very gratefully received, PeterEvans Peter wrote: > Can I test the amount of memory using VBA in Word so that I can give the > user an appropriate message? Absolutely, using the GlobalMemoryStatusEx API. See: http:/...