personal folders for multiple emails

There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003
version, but I think it's not there yet.

If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages
to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded.

Can I have a personal folder for each email.  I know i
can do that using filters for each folder but i don't
think this is a proper way for doing it.

Please let me know if that is possible.

0
gt21124 (1)

You can create rules to move messages based on the account over which they
were received.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ahmad Yahya" <gt21124@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> There is a feature that I was willing to see in 2003
> version, but I think it's not there yet.
>
> If i have multiple emails outlook will put all massages
> to a personal folder so my Inbox gets crowded.
>
> Can I have a personal folder for each email.  I know i
> can do that using filters for each folder but i don't
> think this is a proper way for doing it.
>
> Please let me know if that is possible.

0
russval (3097)

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

Email Entity Visibility
I need the email entity to be visible in the Opportunity and Contact Entities. However, on the information tab in Settings/Customization/Email, all of the key areas are grayed out (Workplace, Sales, Marketing, etc.) Someone knew this was essential information in an essential format, or the entity would not have been created. How can I activate it? I can't imagine why this, like activities and history, would not be accessible everywhere that emails can be attached. THANKS! -- Susan Eckles Power Time Corporation Clarification...How can we make the Email Entity VIEWS (Historical...

Missing admin tab on public folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 running on Win2K SBS. I recently deleted a user who was having unusual problems connection to network drives. I re-created the user and now she connects to network drives with no problem. Trouble is she was the pricipal author of an Exchnge Public Folder and now she cannot administer it. That is logical. But I am the administrator and I cannot administer it either ! I can't get an Administration tab in the folder properties. What can be done ? TIA Norbert ...

Emailing from Outlook #3
I cant receive messages in outlook ??............i have a hotmail account [outlook live]..am able to send them though??..please can anyone advise me!!!!..gone through all the set account process and still nothing?? ...

Office won't follow shortcuts to folders`
I have WinXP pro & Office 2003 with all updates and SP's, on all computers at my house, mom's house, office. I have existing shortcuts to folders. When in Windows Explorer, everything works fine. but when I an using any office app, on any of the computers, and I click on an icon for a shortcut to a folder I get " word experienced an error trying to open the file. try these. *check file permissions.... but if the shortcut is to a file it works. I have tried creating new shortcuts, same error. ...

deleted email appear again
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining ...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Table of Content Across Multiple Documents Word 2007
I have created a Table of Contents across multiple documents using RD fields, and it works great. However, I need to be able to click in the Table of Contents and have Word open the referenced document. Is this feature available for Table of Contents from multiple documents because it does not appear to be working? If the headings are within the document containing the Table of Contents, you can Ctrl + click to follow the link. Am I doing something wrong, or does the feature not work? If Ctrl + click will not work, is there something that will? Thanks. No, when you use...

How do I set up my microsoft outlook to send emails?
I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please help!!! You need to get these settings from your ISP "XMY" <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8BBA0B0-A04B-41E6-90C3-3CF64D43EBA3@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to use Microsoft Outlook for a specific email however it's asking > for the http servor and I have no idea what it's asking me for. Please > help!!! XMY <XMY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm tr...

Macro as multiple use code
I was given a spreadsheet with the following columns: a button column (to run a macro) a persons name 6 monthly columns of figures When the button is clicked the macro associated is run and a cute little chart for the row pops up. The first 3 rows have the buttons and the associated macros. My job, is to populate the macro for the rest of the 1780 rows. The code for the current Macros : Sub Button1() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 2").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "=Sheet1!R3C3:R3C9" ActiveChart...

Change Folder icons in Folders list
Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can change the icon of a new folder in my personal folders list. So I created a new folder and for example want to have it the same icon as the sent items folder. Thanks! -mac- ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did anybody figure out how to do this? I would really like to know =). Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet me...

XLStart folder questions
My Excel98 (5 years old this month) has C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\XLStart showing one entry, Mscreate.dir (a Macromedia Director Movie). Is that suppose to be there? (dated 10/13/98). I've always had an Alternate startup file (c:\Bill\New Excel File) called Book.XLT.XlS. Don't remember why I called it "Book" and I don't know why, when I save it as a template, the .XLS extension is tacked on at the end. Should I be using the XLStart folder and not the Alternate startup option? Finally, there is one lone Excel file in the path C:\WIndows\Bill8.XLB. I delete...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

Intranet email headers?
I was wondering if there were specific email headers that I can view to be certain an in house employee actually sent a "nasty" email to another in house employee. The employee that allegedly sent the email says they did not and I thought that his/her password might have been compromised and that someone could have set up a quick outlook profile and sent an email "on behalf of them" Needless to say I know there is a specific way to open the .MSG file that I have saved and view the hidden header. I can open the MSG file into my outlook and click options >> view and ...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

Choose folder with largest filename number
Hello How would I filter through a set of directories that have numbers for filenames and determine which filename is the largest thanks for any help I modofied an old macro that I wrote to do this request. I didn't use filesearch becasue it doesn't run on some PC's. Instead I used a recursive routine that I wrote which goes through all sub directories and searches for filename starting with specific characters. change BasefileName in the code below as required and change the starting folder name. I ran this code I my PC and got Book4.xls as the largest version...

Print email headers with email
How do I print email headers in Outlook 2003 automatically? >-----Original Message----- >How do I print email headers in Outlook 2003 automatically? > > >. > You don't. The function doesn't exist. ...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

How to save in one step attachments in 10 emails?
A have about ten email and in each of them is attachement. How to save them to my folder in HDD? Outlook XP. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm should have something that you can use. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Voslogin <voslogin@seznam.cz> asked: | A have about ten email and in each of them is attachement. How to | save them to my folder in HDD? | Outlook XP. THX "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@mvps.org> p�e v disku...

Pivot Table with multiple worksheets
Hi, Sorry but I have gone through all help programs and cannot find how to make a pivot table with multiple worksheets.Any help would be great. You can create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, but you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html If possible, store your data on a single worksheet, or in a database, and base the pivot table on that. You'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table jo74 wrote: > Hi, > Sorry but I have go...

Public Folder Flags
I am trying to migrate my users from E5.5 to E2003. They use the Public Folder infrastructure in E5.5 as a work flow tool utilizing flags and whether a message is read or unread by a specific user. When I sync the PF infrastructure into E2003, the flags and read/unread statuses don't come over correctly. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks. ...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

Public folders calendar question
We use the global calendar quite frequently and now have begun to set up department public calendars. We want those deparment calendars to update the global calendar is this possible or are there better solutions. We are running SBS 2003 Premium (Exchange 03, outlook 03) Thanks ...