Personal Folder problem #2

I have a user that came in and opened his email and most
of his folders were missing out of his personal folder
file. The file is 333MB but when I open it from outlook
it says it is 65kb. I ran icrosoft scanpst.exe

(R) Inbox Repair Tool
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1995-1996. All rights
reserved.

**Beginning NDB recovery

  **Attempting to open database

  **Attempting to validate header

  **Attempting to validate AMap

  **Attempting to validate BBT

  **Attempting to validate NBT

  **Attempting to validate BBT refcounts

  **Attempting to validate header NID high-water marks

**Beginning PST/OST recovery

  **Attempting to recover all top-level objects

      !!TC (nid=60E) missing required column (10970003)

  **Attempting to walk all folders

      !!TC (nid=12E) missing required column (10970003)

      !!TC (nid=802E) missing required column (10970003)

      !!TC (nid=804E) missing required column (10970003)

      !!TC (nid=806E) missing required column (10970003)

      !!TC (nid=89AE) missing required column (10970003)

  **Attempting to locate any orphaned folders/messages

  **Attempting to check top-level objects for consistency

      ??Deleting SDO

  **Updating folder hierarchy

**Attempting to fix original file

  **Attempting to copy back BBT

  **Attempting to copy back NBT

0
anonymous (74719)

jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a user that came in and opened his email and most
> of his folders were missing out of his personal folder
> file. The file is 333MB but when I open it from outlook
> it says it is 65kb. I ran icrosoft scanpst.exe

So, what's the question?  All I saw was a log of the scan.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

Missing admin tab on public folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 running on Win2K SBS. I recently deleted a user who was having unusual problems connection to network drives. I re-created the user and now she connects to network drives with no problem. Trouble is she was the pricipal author of an Exchnge Public Folder and now she cannot administer it. That is logical. But I am the administrator and I cannot administer it either ! I can't get an Administration tab in the folder properties. What can be done ? TIA Norbert ...

2 Questions
Hi all, I posted this on microsoft.public.exchange, but haven't had a reply and thought I would try here, hope someone can help me with this query. I am hoping someone here can advise me, I have setup exchange for my LAN, it currently collects all my Internet mail into my exchange folder, and everythin works fine other than 2 things. 1) I have enabled forms based login as detailed by MS Article; however when I go to http://[servername]/exchange it still gives me the default popup box. Any ideas? SSL is enabled and working 2) The other one is using OWA is there a way to set the from ad...

Office won't follow shortcuts to folders`
I have WinXP pro & Office 2003 with all updates and SP's, on all computers at my house, mom's house, office. I have existing shortcuts to folders. When in Windows Explorer, everything works fine. but when I an using any office app, on any of the computers, and I click on an icon for a shortcut to a folder I get " word experienced an error trying to open the file. try these. *check file permissions.... but if the shortcut is to a file it works. I have tried creating new shortcuts, same error. ...

Exchange 2003 test environment #2
Hi, I have setup a Exchange 2003 server at home. I would like to make this live on the internet. How should I proceed to make the server live on the internet? Will I have to regitser a domain first? My current ISP is virgin. I am doing this for test puroses. thanks, PL 1. Make sure you can get to server on smtp from internet (reachable on port 25 on external/NATed IP address). 2. Register domain name 3. Setup DNS (A and MX record) pointing to external/NATed IP address 4. Setup Recipient Policy to generate email addresses for the registered smtp/dns domain (if it doesn't alrea...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

subform problem 06-12-07
Does anyone know how to make a button on the mainform delete the records showing on its subform which is in datasheet view? Thanks for the help! -- Michael Answered in Forms newsgroup. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187F9E2A-3215-469A-927A-6652EF195306@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make a button on the mainform delete the records > showing on its subform which is in datasheet view? Thanks for the ...

Problem with converting Quicken to Money.
I am a new user of Money, I just installed it and converted all of my Quicken files over. When I began to enter my recipts I was warned that there was already a weekly "recurring payment" related to that receipt. It ends up that more then half my receipts got the same warning. When I viewed the Bills area most days were filled with recurring payments. What is going on? Anyone else have this problem after converting from Quicken? ...

Change Folder icons in Folders list
Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can change the icon of a new folder in my personal folders list. So I created a new folder and for example want to have it the same icon as the sent items folder. Thanks! -mac- ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did anybody figure out how to do this? I would really like to know =). Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet me...

XLStart folder questions
My Excel98 (5 years old this month) has C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\XLStart showing one entry, Mscreate.dir (a Macromedia Director Movie). Is that suppose to be there? (dated 10/13/98). I've always had an Alternate startup file (c:\Bill\New Excel File) called Book.XLT.XlS. Don't remember why I called it "Book" and I don't know why, when I save it as a template, the .XLS extension is tacked on at the end. Should I be using the XLStart folder and not the Alternate startup option? Finally, there is one lone Excel file in the path C:\WIndows\Bill8.XLB. I delete...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

Columns Problem
Hello Fellow Excel users, I have alittle problem which i hope somebody can point me in the right direction Picture my screen in excel Col A is a list of Names with Multiple entries for the same person Col B is a number ranging from 0 to 7 eg A B Joe Bloggs 1 Jim Smith 2 Joe Bloggs 4 Pete Smith 5 Jim Smith 4 What i want to create is another list where Col A is a list of names Just 1 entry per name Col B the sum of all entries for that persons name e...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

Choose folder with largest filename number
Hello How would I filter through a set of directories that have numbers for filenames and determine which filename is the largest thanks for any help I modofied an old macro that I wrote to do this request. I didn't use filesearch becasue it doesn't run on some PC's. Instead I used a recursive routine that I wrote which goes through all sub directories and searches for filename starting with specific characters. change BasefileName in the code below as required and change the starting folder name. I ran this code I my PC and got Book4.xls as the largest version...

name ranges #2
Hi, Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8 How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to: Sheet1 range B2:B15 in a way that i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show all the names in the range (names-1)? Please give us more detail, this question is not clear. What does VLOOKUP have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the range names-1. And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Khalil Handal"...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

DRAWCLI drawing problem
I have built the DRAWCLI sample and used Insert Object to add an excel spreadsheet. When the object is active (i.e. I have double clicked on it) and I scroll down it doesn't display properly. I get hatched drawing and the bottom portion is shifted to the right. As I scroll to the bottom it then corrects itself. The same problem is then seen when scrolling up. How do I fix this? ...

Public Folder Flags
I am trying to migrate my users from E5.5 to E2003. They use the Public Folder infrastructure in E5.5 as a work flow tool utilizing flags and whether a message is read or unread by a specific user. When I sync the PF infrastructure into E2003, the flags and read/unread statuses don't come over correctly. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks. ...

problem with creating help
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I would like to create a help file for the Access database we created for our client. I have a user manual document saved in RTF. What i would like the users to be able to press F1 button to retrieve the user manual document. I have followed the guide in the windows help file but did not manage to get it to work. Could anyone give me a guide as to get this help file to work? Thank you in advance Your version of Access? "Associates" wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here...

Outlook 2002 name checking problem
I am using Outlook 2002 with an imap setup. I check my recipient's emails against two address books - first my personal contacts list (outlook address book) and then against an active directory ldap server. It seems that the address checking is not working in Outlook 2002 as it used to work in Outlook 2000 (I have installations of Outlook 2000 in the same setup). If I try to send an email message to a recipient that does not exist in my directory server - suppose my directory server has addresses for users@mydomain.com and johndoe@mydomain.com is an invalid address, the message still goes ...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

Public folders calendar question
We use the global calendar quite frequently and now have begun to set up department public calendars. We want those deparment calendars to update the global calendar is this possible or are there better solutions. We are running SBS 2003 Premium (Exchange 03, outlook 03) Thanks ...

Favorite Folders #5
Hi there, I drag the search folder 'unread mail' into my favorite folders and the when I restart Outlook it isn't there. I have to drag it there everytime. Is there a way to keep it in Favorites? TIA, Josh ...