Personal Folder #2

Greetings,

I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to
the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel
folder then,

I get a problem when i open my personel folder file
(*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file
but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over
2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me.

please help how can i recover my mails from that file?
0
sdihya (1)

Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is
now probably corrupt.

See this page for some assistance:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

sdihya <sdihya@hotmail.com> asked:

| Greetings,
|
| I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to
| the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel
| folder then,
|
| I get a problem when i open my personel folder file
| (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file
| but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over
| 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me.
|
| please help how can i recover my mails from that file?

0
MillyS1 (1480)

imap problems #2
Hi! I have a problem while using IMAP with new Outlook 2003. When I transfer a PLAIN email message from my IMAP Inbox to any of my IMAP subfolders it is automatically convertes to HTML. Is there a solution for this? Tnx a lot in advance. Mirek ...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

Missing admin tab on public folder
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 running on Win2K SBS. I recently deleted a user who was having unusual problems connection to network drives. I re-created the user and now she connects to network drives with no problem. Trouble is she was the pricipal author of an Exchnge Public Folder and now she cannot administer it. That is logical. But I am the administrator and I cannot administer it either ! I can't get an Administration tab in the folder properties. What can be done ? TIA Norbert ...

2 Questions
Hi all, I posted this on microsoft.public.exchange, but haven't had a reply and thought I would try here, hope someone can help me with this query. I am hoping someone here can advise me, I have setup exchange for my LAN, it currently collects all my Internet mail into my exchange folder, and everythin works fine other than 2 things. 1) I have enabled forms based login as detailed by MS Article; however when I go to http://[servername]/exchange it still gives me the default popup box. Any ideas? SSL is enabled and working 2) The other one is using OWA is there a way to set the from ad...

Office won't follow shortcuts to folders`
I have WinXP pro & Office 2003 with all updates and SP's, on all computers at my house, mom's house, office. I have existing shortcuts to folders. When in Windows Explorer, everything works fine. but when I an using any office app, on any of the computers, and I click on an icon for a shortcut to a folder I get " word experienced an error trying to open the file. try these. *check file permissions.... but if the shortcut is to a file it works. I have tried creating new shortcuts, same error. ...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Exchange 2003 test environment #2
Hi, I have setup a Exchange 2003 server at home. I would like to make this live on the internet. How should I proceed to make the server live on the internet? Will I have to regitser a domain first? My current ISP is virgin. I am doing this for test puroses. thanks, PL 1. Make sure you can get to server on smtp from internet (reachable on port 25 on external/NATed IP address). 2. Register domain name 3. Setup DNS (A and MX record) pointing to external/NATed IP address 4. Setup Recipient Policy to generate email addresses for the registered smtp/dns domain (if it doesn't alrea...

work order question #2
Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. thanks -- Reynold Cycle Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you have deposits, you'll have to refund them and apply them to the big WO. There's no quick & easy way to combine orders. Tom "Jose" wrote: > Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. > thanks > -- > Reynold Cycle Thanks Tom. -- Reynold Cycle "Terrible Tom" wrote: > Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you > hav...

Change Folder icons in Folders list
Hello! I wanted to ask if anyone knows how I can change the icon of a new folder in my personal folders list. So I created a new folder and for example want to have it the same icon as the sent items folder. Thanks! -mac- ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Did anybody figure out how to do this? I would really like to know =). Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet me...

XLStart folder questions
My Excel98 (5 years old this month) has C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\XLStart showing one entry, Mscreate.dir (a Macromedia Director Movie). Is that suppose to be there? (dated 10/13/98). I've always had an Alternate startup file (c:\Bill\New Excel File) called Book.XLT.XlS. Don't remember why I called it "Book" and I don't know why, when I save it as a template, the .XLS extension is tacked on at the end. Should I be using the XLStart folder and not the Alternate startup option? Finally, there is one lone Excel file in the path C:\WIndows\Bill8.XLB. I delete...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

Choose folder with largest filename number
Hello How would I filter through a set of directories that have numbers for filenames and determine which filename is the largest thanks for any help I modofied an old macro that I wrote to do this request. I didn't use filesearch becasue it doesn't run on some PC's. Instead I used a recursive routine that I wrote which goes through all sub directories and searches for filename starting with specific characters. change BasefileName in the code below as required and change the starting folder name. I ran this code I my PC and got Book4.xls as the largest version...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

name ranges #2
Hi, Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8 How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to: Sheet1 range B2:B15 in a way that i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show all the names in the range (names-1)? Please give us more detail, this question is not clear. What does VLOOKUP have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the range names-1. And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Khalil Handal"...

DPM 2010 RC Agent installation error on W2K8 Rx
rWjoHh2Hdti1G81IrDtB2pxL1rqxUjmuIuiKTcfah7orVTM+VCkZnZT7AOO0 SXJGzz/oGI3+a3F2o9E7eaP7P6TVdSLRosb2crgWOesXW92hHfaUijL5U09n 9PIRd4wXLa+xgZ7HpM1Ze4UrNx2j+QUKDu3QeltPcWrQc6o5inv5t73c0A27 CumNoUUbwZ0j1RWHdujINI16L9s1Alm7adAi1BMpdFdf01TsTLNNOouMSSsx AqVq0p6fJE4/SZUz9KrROLMMdXXJzm4Un4z1aesZFnmjcT5Fo/Hyef53aIeb S5btTsmS9a6WjLeTrEmrT09lKdMTrlZhmdydoy4pcSbq/CRhoy51B2SB8xud uReMlw2mRstP/dstYqKzdc1lUjI52zPO4xo+Y4bmWCyTy9WXXafWKNNO0Sjj gtEzLDq0R1rWTyv46Kjq0A63F7jMtbEK9xvoGStVoyd3aoxr3WSshVgyGSsB OXqlGrS4i0TeoR1uLqn7bXS2XrUjohfP2uI6TYb2SMHkrcdEs8BotHHbxjg4 tMNpkoLRTMR1oyemdqyXSlfKvD1ldTteagRJjWvBNc...

Distribution List Question #2
We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this, however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Thanks! Chris On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64" <RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We ar...

Public Folder Flags
I am trying to migrate my users from E5.5 to E2003. They use the Public Folder infrastructure in E5.5 as a work flow tool utilizing flags and whether a message is read or unread by a specific user. When I sync the PF infrastructure into E2003, the flags and read/unread statuses don't come over correctly. Any ideas on a fix? Thanks. ...

Unable to access folders after changing mail server
Hi, I am using MS outlook 2003(win xp) with lotus notes connector to access my office mails. Everything was working properly untill I changed my mail server to a new one. The nsf file was also copied to the new domino server. But after this my outlook stopped working. It shows below message while trying to access inbox. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." I deleted and recreated my outlook profile,but the problem still...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

Public folders calendar question
We use the global calendar quite frequently and now have begun to set up department public calendars. We want those deparment calendars to update the global calendar is this possible or are there better solutions. We are running SBS 2003 Premium (Exchange 03, outlook 03) Thanks ...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Favorite Folders #5
Hi there, I drag the search folder 'unread mail' into my favorite folders and the when I restart Outlook it isn't there. I have to drag it there everytime. Is there a way to keep it in Favorites? TIA, Josh ...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...