Personal Adress Book- 2002

Hi,

For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at
the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the
toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts?

harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote:

> For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at
> the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the
> toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts?

First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your
mail profile.  Then right-click the Contacts folder, choose Properties,
select the Outlook Address Book tab, and check the box labeled "Show this
folder as an e-mail Address Book".
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/15/2006 1:06:28 AM
Tools | Address Book, then Tools | Options will let you set which =
address list Outlook displays first.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
<harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote in message =
> Hi,
>=20
> For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at
> the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the
> toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts?

0
suemvp (4038)

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

Outlook Express Address Book Failure
Following uninstallation and reinstallation from Win ME Upgrade CD, all of my email contacts disappeared. No doubt, they must reside somewhere within my PC. Can anone assist in locating the supporting data and direct me toward recovery and reinstatement into my Address Book? Thanks! Allan This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in on...

How to compress an Excel work book?
Is it possible to compress an Excel workbook containing loads of formulas? On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:52:01 -0800, Tony <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to compress an Excel workbook containing loads of formulas? I think the 'save as' "in binary format" makes it somewhat smaller, and faster to open. Perhaps not though. Give it a shot. I never have on anything large, as that which you mention. ...

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

Transfer Contacts into Address Book
In setting up my new Windows 7 computer, I am able to bring up the Address Book option in the Tools menu, but I cannot transfer the contents of the Windows 7 Contacts folder (currently in My Libraries) into an Address Book in Outlook email window. Any helpful advice appreciated, in simple language please! "Jenni" <Jenni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35212F3C-18A1-4A69-B4E4-39015EB2B811@microsoft.com... > In setting up my new Windows 7 computer, I am able to bring up the Address > Book option in the Tools menu, but I cannot transfer the co...

Excel 2002 and Excel 2000
Im pretty sure that this is a issue between the two different versions. I have file that was created in Excel 2002 and when it is opened in Excel 2000 the page breaks are different. What was supposed to be a one full page document in 2002 is about a third page in excel 2000. Anyone else seen this? Its not a problem for me to change the page breaks but for some other users who know nothing about computers its more than what they want to do. Could it be the way the document was made? ...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

Outlook 2002 name checking problem
I am using Outlook 2002 with an imap setup. I check my recipient's emails against two address books - first my personal contacts list (outlook address book) and then against an active directory ldap server. It seems that the address checking is not working in Outlook 2002 as it used to work in Outlook 2000 (I have installations of Outlook 2000 in the same setup). If I try to send an email message to a recipient that does not exist in my directory server - suppose my directory server has addresses for users@mydomain.com and johndoe@mydomain.com is an invalid address, the message still goes ...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

rename invalid sheet name from access 97 report to Excel 2002
When I export a file from Access 97, my only choice is to export to Excel 97. I then open that file, with excel 2002, and I get an error message the the sheet had an invalid name and had to be renamed, but there is no apparent difference in the the name "Sheet1" in excel 97 or "sheet1" in Excel 2002. (I can find NO conversion sw, or find any way to "add to" my file types list. I am forced to use Access 97 with the office 2002 suite for now) Any Ideas on what is causing this? DLS 99 Can you open the file in xl97 to see what the sheet name is/was? Or do ...

Exchange 2003 Books #2
Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and securing an Exchange 2003 server? Thanks Helm On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:02:23 -0500, "Matt Helm" <helm@somewhere.com> wrote: >Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and >securing an Exchange 2003 server? > > >Thanks >Helm > Couldn't swear to a Read/See/Do book for setting up but one for ensuring you're secure is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836248/ref%3Disaserver/103-3597647-0211022 Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...

Outlook 2002 error messages
I use MSN for email but I do send a lot of mail out of Outlook 2002 SP3. In Outlook I constantly get the error message 0x80040115. It says the task could not be completed, even though the email eventually got sent. It talks about a network connection but this laptop computer is a stand alone. How can I fix this error problem? ...

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro
Hi, can any please advise me why on opening Excel 2000 on my works PC I ge two files opening i.e. PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro as opposed to only one i.e. PERSONAL.XLS on my home PC. Is it safe to delete the PERSONAL.XLS.pro and if so how ? Many thanks Ro -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26452 I've never heard of THAT file. It sounds to me lik...

when importing address book only names get imported, not email add
When I import a CSV file that contains names and email addresses to Outlook 2007, only the names get imported, not the email addresses. "Kathy" <Kathy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D7BFFE8-AA77-4F5B-98B6-86F449907EE7@microsoft.com... > When I import a CSV file that contains names and email addresses to Outlook > 2007, only the names get imported, not the email addresses. Then you didn't map the fields correctly. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

How can I centralise text in Publisher 2002
I have recently started using Publisher 2002 and cannot find how to arrange text - within a text box - in a centralised format. Help please Right-click the toolbar, click formatting, that should bring up the alignment choices. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "guitarist" <guitarist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA5EFF46-2642-4681-BB6F-DC6516560AC2@microsoft.com... >I have recently started using Publisher 2002 and cannot find how to arrange > text - within a text box - in a centr...

2004 Business -> 2004 personal
I had been using Money 2004 Business version to track my personal expenses. Will Money 2004 personal read the file or backup file? and if so will there be lost accounts or bank information? -- Parley D. Kennelly Southern California Realtor´┐Ż Yes Personal will always read a Business file (from the same geographic region). You will get warnings about lost functionality, but it is only the business functionality that is lost. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see ...

Printing Booklet Pub 2002
I created a booklet 124 pages and want to print on my non-duplicating printer and I need 20 copies. I thought I could print one side of a page 15 times -- turnover paper and print other side 15 times. But only option I see is to get both sides printed at same time. I tried to copy instead of print but copies are not clear enough. Any other options? I manually duplex by printing one copy of my booklet normally on one side of the paper. Then I swap pairs of pages and print it again from the manual feed. This gives you two copies of your booklet. How good is your printer at not pick...

Outlook 2003 does not recognize existing emails in 2002/XP PST files
Here is my problem: 1. I am using Yahoo Business Email. 2. I was using Outlook 2002/XP as my email client before I got a new Windows image with Outlook 2003 installed. 3. I moved 2002 PST file to the new desktop; create POP email account identical to the one exit in previous machine, with delivery location to that old PST file. The Problem: when performing Send/Receive, it seems Outlook doesn't recognize that emails are already in the PST and starts downloading the whole punch of emails exist in my account whether they are new or not, which leave inbox with duplicate emails. I thought O...

Installing Publisher 2002 With Office 2003 Installed
I have tried several times to install Publisher 2002 on an XP laptop that already has Office 2003 installed. Every time it says it installed fine, and every time I cannot locate the program or launch icon anywhere, nor does a search even say it is on my system, except that it IS there when I look to Add of Remove programs. I want to use this program - Help, please. What do I need to do? Try installing Publisher in its own folder. Create a folder on your hard drive, when prompted select the folder. I've many versions of Publisher installed, each in a separate folder. -- Mary Sau...

Atomatic file name in excell 2002 from cel A1 (like in word 2002)
In word 2002 the first line you type, when you go to save becomes the sugested file name. Can this be done in excel? Instead of the book1, book2, etc.. With this question can the refrance cell for the file name have lookups involved? My wife & I made a spreadsheet for our buisness and save from the master to a specific job numbr and property adress. If it can be lookuped in the cell this would save alot of time. Thanks for all the help to come! Hi, Steve. Since you said "my wife", I assume you're Steve. Hee hee... Try this! http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.ph...