path of .pst file

Hello everyone,
I want to develop a stand alone application to send and recieve mails
through MS Outlook.how can i retrieve the path of .pst file from .net
application. actually i am thinking of reading the pst file of MS Outlook.
is it possible?

Thanks in Advance
jyoti

0
jagarwal (1)

The pst file is stored in the profile path of the MSOUTLOK

0
racniro (6)
4/25/2006 7:47:17 AM
Since the path of the pst can be varied by the user, as can its name, ie it
neednt be in the install default path, your app would first have to search
for the pst, then you would have to figure out if it/which was the current
pst.
There are alleged to be third party apps that can read a pst, so presumably
this is possible.
OL will not send any mail unless it is open, and polling.
Perhaps just use the default mail handlers to create the mail and send (to
OL)

"Jyoti Agarwal" <jagarwal@annetsite.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I want to develop a stand alone application to send and recieve mails
> through MS Outlook.how can i retrieve the path of .pst file from .net
> application. actually i am thinking of reading the pst file of MS Outlook.
> is it possible?
>
> Thanks in Advance
> jyoti

0
dl6256 (276)

missing files
anyone else lose all (over 200) their excel files in the past 12 hours ? ...

Why do I have 2 "Sent Items" files in Outlook 2003?
This header is as close as I can come to my problem. I have 2 "sent Items" files in Outlook 2003. One contains material from 5-May-09 to 22-Dec-09. It is stored under the Inbox. The second has material from 5-May-09 to 13-Nov-09 and is in a folder of its own at the bottom of the list. Issues: Why does this occur? Does it have something to do with backup? How do I recombine them without creating duplicates (I don't have Access)? How do I prevent it from happening again? Thank you for your help and Seasons Greetings ...

Exporting from Excel to a text file
How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel spreadsheet to a text file? Copy those visible cells to a new worksheet nad save from there (as .txt)? Select your range edit|goto|Special|visible cells only edit|copy to the new sheet edit|paste Josh Brien wrote: > > How do I export only the visible cells, not the hidden ones, in an Excel > spreadsheet to a text file? -- Dave Peterson I was actually wanting to use a filter to gain the row of information I need and export them to the text file using a button with a macro attached if it's possible...

get the running path
Hi, i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from the main args. But I do not remember how to extract the information. Could somebody give me the example? Thanks, Holger hi holger, try this TCHAR szPath[MAX_PATH]; GetModuleFileName(GetModuleHandle(GetExeName()), szPath, MAX_PATH); -- kind regards, muechel while(!sleep()) ++sheep; hi, Try GetModuleFileName() AfxGetInstanceHandle() Dont remember which one will give the path. hth gangadhar Holger Krei´┐Żl wrote: > Hi, > > i know there was an possibility to get the application exe path from t...

what happened to my pst files?
Hi people. I was keeping my pst files on a memory stick to be synchronized at home and at work. That is, I carry the memory stick to home and to work and make outlook read the pst file from the memory stick so that I the same contacts, calender and other pst files are updated. Normally I used to have several pst files on my memory stick. Today I realised that there is only one pst files named outlook.pst. Everything works fine but how come that all the pst files all of a sudden reduced to a single file? I did not do anything, so who did? =) or how this happened? exciter <t24680@hot...

Hyperlinked Command Button accessing .xfdl file
I am attempting to place a command button on one of my forms that will allow me to open either a form flow document or a .xfdl document. I have succeeded in using the application.followhyperlink command in VB but the application that runs the forms opens but the form does not load for the application.. On top of that when I try and access the applications forms manually the application appears to be in read only mode and wont allow me to access any of the application forms manually. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2...

Copying updated files
I keep two copies of my files at work, each on their own drive. At the end of the day, I want to copy from one drive to the other (1) all the files that have been created and updated, as well as (2) any NEW directories and subdirectories that have been created. (You would think that negating /-T would work, but it doesn't.) It would also be nice if it would (3) delete subdirectories I've deleted, but I don't want to ask for the moon. You would think XCOPY would have a switch to do this, but if so I haven't been able to puzzle it out. It dances all around it, but ...

path...
I created an executable file that opens a .pdf file. The path I use is "MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". However, when I installed the .exe and MyFolder in the same location it did not open the .pdf file. However, when I put the FULL path to the .pdf file it worked fine. Do I need somthing like the following? "..\\MyFolder\\MyFile.pdf". Thanks in advance, RABMissouri Are you running the exe through a shortcut? Make sure the startup path is the same as the executable path. A better solution would be to get the path of the Exe and use that. GetModuleFileName() AliR. "...

How do I reactivate a pst file that was moved
My laptop had to be wiped clean due to a virus and I transferred my pst files from my on-line backup to my laptop after re-installing Windows and I get the following message when trying to open the pst files: The file was moved, renamed, or deleted (and wasn't closed from Outlook first). Is there a way for me to fix these files? Probably not. What steps did you use to corrupt the file? Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227/en-us -- Russ Valentine "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73DB19B2-3...

Required .DLL file not found
When I try to open a .pub file by double clicking on it, I get error message " A required .DLL file, MSO97.DLL, was not found." The said file is on my PC and if I first open MS Publisher I can open the .pub files from within the application OK. I have checked the file type association relates to MS Publisher ok. Any advice, please? Michael -- If replying direct please remove NOSPAM. from my email reply address Do you have your original disk? Might do a re-install. The .dll is on your setup disk, if you can find it on your hard drive, rename it to mso97.old and drag a new ...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF?
I want to convert a desktop publisher file to a pdf, can it be done? Yes. Perhaps a better question would have been "How* can I convert a Publisher file to a .pdf?". First, you could purchase Adobe Acrobat. This will also allow you to edit .pdfs. Or you can download PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. It's a 10 meg file so if you have dialup, you may want to wait until late at night to do it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:346A6FD7-870A-43A5-AB28-4108B6DBC824@microsoft.com... >I want...

CRM 4.0 Outlook installation error "The network Path was not found
Hello All, I'm trying to install crm 4.0 on outlook 2007. I keep getting an error at Databaseinsaller.progressmessage "Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Common.InstallDatabaseAction failed. The network path was not found." I read that if I add the user to Server Surface Area Configuration utility it would work, but it did not for me. I'm running vista ultimate and windows 2008 64 bit. Any help is appreciate it. I can't believe that this install is so difficult. What gives!!! Thanks ...

Linking to Excel files via VBA
Good morning all, I'd create linked tables (Excel spreadsheets) programmatically to extract certain data prior to manipulation. I don't want to import this data, as there's much MUCH more than I need - I only need to get some recordcounts from SQL based on these spreadsheets (identical structure), then manipulate that data. I'll be parsing over 50 directories for files with certain names, and obviously this will be much simpler if automated. I've got all the code done except for the automation of the linked tables, and VBA help is not helpful, nor is google - I'...

Open another file
I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in the model which I would like to launch the manual. Workbook.open won't work; does someone know what the VB Code is to launch a Word doc? I have the filepath in a variable. Thanks! -- Paul How about inserting a hyperlink to the DOC file (Insert, Hyperlink)? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A119F03F-009D-450A-9742-EFA175BAE4D0@microsoft.com... |I have an Excel model for which I created a manul in Word. I put a button in | the model which I...

How locate a file attached to a Contact? (v3.0)
I opened up a Contact record, click on the paperclip button and successfully attached a file. Now I can not find the file that was attached. Where will I find it? I looked everywhere I could think it should be. The help documentation and newsgroup did not address it. Please advise. Thanks. Click on the notes tab... ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "KNELSON-SCI" <KNELSONSCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA282D8-F7C8-4CA9-BFC1-0D5B86B41EBB@microsoft.com... >I opened up a Contac...

Linked files and UNC paths
Whenever I link an excel file to my publisher file, the link always goes to the unc path of the excel file, instead of the drive letter. Due to planned moves and renames of our file servers, we would like to have everything pointing to drive letters instead of UNC paths. In excel en word, this behaves properly, if I link a file on a mapped network drive, it will keep the drive letter. In publisher, it doesn't. Any ideas of how I can tell publisher to stop converting to UNC paths? ...

Copying rows from Subsidiary Files to a Master File
Hi Have a problem here at work. I need to copy multiple rows from single sheet from 5 subsidiary files into a master sheet in a maste file. Before, I was just required to copy from within the same file an Merjet helped by providing: Sub Combine() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim iRow1 As Long Dim iRow2 As Long Dim iCol As Integer iRow1 = Sheets("Master").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Master" Then Debug.Print ws.Name iRow2 = 1 Do Until ws.Cells(iRow2, "B") = "" If ws.Cells(iRow2, "A") = "...

Messages with encrypted Zip files are rejected
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 (5.2.3790) IIS 6.0 I apologize for posting this in the wrong group, but it seams like posting in the IIS groups is like talking to dead air. I have been having an issue where the IIS SMTP service rejects messages with encrypted Zip files. Email with password protected zip files are always rejected with the following NDR: Action: failed Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.5.0 Mail rejected for container policy reasons. Non-password protected zip files (and all other file types) get through fine. There is no SPAM or Anti-virus SMTP filter on this ...

Saving Files to SQL Server
I have an application written in Access 2003 using linked tables to SQL Server 2000. I need to code an Access form to upload files (i.e. .pdf, .doc, .xls, .txt, etc.) to SQL Server and I've never done this before. Can someone please point me to some sample Access code that will take a file and save it to the (SQL Server) database? Thank you! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

File location?
Where are the aspx files stored? http://site/subsite/list/defautl.aspx where would i find that? the reason i ask is when i go to export there are a couple of files that im told access denied. not sure why since im the admin on all levels. Thanks Justin Well, that really depends... mostly your stuff is stored in SQL, which means that its really data in a table cell. However, depending on whether a page has been customized or not it could be pointing to definition files that are stored on the Web Front End servers, and you really want to leave those alone. Furthermore, th...

OLE notes
Is there somewhere where I can set a preference on where OLE notes are stored for a company using GP 9. Right now, by default, the notes are stored in a folder on the desktop of Windows Servers 2003. Since I have multiple companies running, this is rather untidy. :-) More importantly, because of backup considerations, I want to set the default path to a location in the programs directory. To determine where OLE Notes are stored in Microsoft Dynamics GP, follow these steps: 1. Locate the dex.ini file in the folder where Microsoft Dynamics GP is installed. 2. Double-click the dex.ini f...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

encoding wmv file
hello I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file now i have to put that video into streaming server. i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using some codecs to put it into streaming server. i want to do the capturing and encoding simultaneously. below is a portion of my code to capture video // capture video pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE, // Pin category &MEDIATYPE_Video, // Media type p...

BROWSEINFO: set (pre)selected path
Hi together, in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user to change f.e. the workPath for an application: FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog(); di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop; di->SelectedPath=workPath; In an MFC project I can do the following: BROWSEINFO bi; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then structure: typedef struct _browseinfo { HWND hwndOwner; LPCITEMIDLIST pidlRoot; LPTSTR pszDisplayName; LPCTSTR lpszTi...

path
Hi to all, I have a workbook called(test) with one single sheet (sheet1). This sheet (sheet1) is a summary sheet taken from 24 different books that has the names: g1a, g1b, g2a, g2b, .... , g24b. All of the workbooks has the same number of sheets and sheet names; I am using values form 2 sheets (Persoanl and constant) to be copied from each workbook. In the cells I see something like this: ='D:\newfolder\sample\[G1a.xls]Personal'!K60 ='D:\newfolder\sample\[G1b.xls]constants'!b7 ..... ..... The problem is that when I copy all the workbooks to another folder I will have a ...